• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Never got the bold S. Is this a reference to wearing superman undies? That was all the rave in the 80's.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
He doesn't update on Saturdays or Sundays, does he?

Ah well. So the general consensus basically is this:

Fire Emblem and Pokemon are the ones most likely to see a change. Marth seems stable, it's Ike that's the question mark of being replaced by an Awakening character. Best candidates there are Crom and Anna, right? Personally, I think Ike'll return and see a tweak in moveset, and a third added in. Roy is.. not likely but potentially there.

Pokemon? Definitely going to see something there I think. Pikachu and Jigglypuff are going nowhere. It's Lucario and Pokemon Trainer that seem to be question blow. Mewtwo, old or new, is the suspected character. Personally I think a fifth will be added, in Mewtwo myself, but more likely it'll stay at four.

Mario's isn't going anywhere and is least likely to see any kind of addition or change. People are rooting for Toad though. Personal wish is Daisy, but that's not likely, even I'll admit it.

The next three are the ones that are in the air and could either stay the same or change.

Donkey Kong is probably the most controversial as it still has two hot characters everyone wants to see in K.Rool and Dixie. Whether they show or not remains to be seen, but things may just say the same honestly.

Legend of Zelda is the least likely to change at this point. The Triforce Bearers are here to stay, it's Toon Link's spot that's the kicker. Personal Opinion: Honestly, they have something potentially unique with Tetra/Zelda cel though so I hope that gets an in myself.

Star Fox? The most volatile. Most think it's either a fourth, or Falco/Wolf get replaced by Krystal. Personally, I think Krystal might get added, and the other two further decloned. Hopefully Wolf gets his Wolfen for the Final Smash. That was ridiculous IMHO.

F-Zero. Whoo boy. I will acknowledge the picks should a second appear would be Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow going by general opinion. Personally, I don't think anyone will be added again.

Mother/Earthbound: Personally Can't say much would change here, though I don't think either will disappear from the scene. I don't think a third is likely, but anything's possible.

Third Party: General opinion is either Snake, Sonic, and Megaman, or Megaman and Namco Character, with the two old guests gone. Personal: Sonic's a given I think, Snake not so much. I DO believe we'll see a Namco character though, but personally, I'm not so sure about Pac-Man. The fanboy in me hopes for a Tales character but I acknowledge Tekken or Soul Calibur too though.

New Franchises: This one I'm not going to touch, but I will say that those that had assist Trophies probably have the best chances, so I'm betting on Little Mac and that Takamura guy.. as well as the Xenoblade's lead.

The rest I think is staying static. Okay, that out of the way, let's keep this on topic with general discussion.

Gameplay Modes:

Basic clash: Coin, Stock, and Time obviously, but I wonder if any of the other gimmicks will return?
Classic Mode: We'll probably see this return again, without question. Hopefully with some new twists.
Event Mode: Definitely fun and I hope to see more of these with plenty of rewards.
Story Mode: Not likely to see anything as crazy as Subspace, but I wouldn't mind seeing the return of an Adventure Mode style.
Multi-Man mode: It'll be back with a new enemy type, though it'd be neat to see Pr
Target Smash: No question! It'll return. It's the best way to get to learn how to USE a character!
Home-Run: Again, this one stays.
New Modes: Hard to say, but it's likely we'll see something new to add onto the flavor.

Extras:

Trophies: Definitely! Honestly, I'm surprised that collecting a certain set of trophies didn't unlock new things related to their game or add new aspects.. though I imagine having unlocks rely on luck would be frustrating.
My Music: This was a great idea in Brawl, and I hope it returns.
Secrets: Oh you know he'll have them, but it seems like we'll be seeing new ways of unlocking them.

Sorry for the long one, but I had to put my thoughts in. ^^; What do you guys think we'll be seeing as far as gameplay additions?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Habanero: Was planned for Brawl. As I said, I don't see why she wouldn't be planned. I also doubt her being removed since she's a part of Samus, who's already in. Similar to why I see Zelda/Sheik staying put. It's part of their full character now.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The Story goes like this: I would joke that I didn't know what the S in Oasis_S stood for, so I would ask if my name was Oasis_S***, for example. Then since a lot of words I like start with S I just carried the bolded S over into my Sentences when the word in particular was Special. Or just overuse S words and bold them all when I got excited.

I guess people liked it.

[collapse=Is this what you want from me, Bowserlick?!]
[/collapse]

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Was planned for Brawl.
Thank you Captain Obvious, I never knew that...

But keep in mind that planned doesn't exactly translates to finalized, meaning my point still stands. Mewtwo is not in the final product, he was pushed aside in favor of other characters, and due to time constraints he did not get in.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Mewtwo and Lucario will both be in I bet. Pikachu and Jiggly will be there, so there'll be one new pokemon or PT will have 3 new pokemon with him (this sounds the most plausible even though **** PT)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The Story goes like this: I would joke that I didn't know what the S in Oasis_S stood for, so I would ask if my name was Oasis_S***, for example. Then since a lot of words I like start with S I just carried the bolded S over into my Sentences when the word in particular was Special. Or just overuse S words and bold them all when I got excited.

I guess people liked it.

[collapse=Is this what you want from me, Bowserlick?!]
[/collapse]
I knew in my heart of hearts it had to do with Superman Undies.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Oh. Just noticed you can see FitGirl's bair in the Wii Fit Trainer reveal vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iktxi6tPBPw&t=2m30s
Also, I've played this part so many times, I cannot unhear this ****.\
Lastly, I saw she tried to do another ball swat after the first one but didn't. Perhaps you can delay it, or maybe there's a one-ball-limit, and it won't give the momentum shift bonus when you try it again. Y'know. Prevent stalling.

Her moves are all very fitness based.
fitness based.
#BASED #FITNESS

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
I hope WFT turns out to be a viable character. She wasted a slot. She better be damn good.

/sarcasm

But seriously so far Sakurai has thought up very unique characters to include in Smash 4. ( MegaMan people have expected) But villager and WFT? I can't wait to see what else Sakurai has in store for the roster, but I hope he reveals it before I rust away like dust.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Since there isn't a topic going on in this thread right now, I might as well start one.

I REALLY wish this remix would be in Smash 4, but that's extremely unlikely. It's an epic metal cover of several Bowser themes, primarily his final boss theme from SM64. The only way I think anyone can dislike this song is if they dislike metal music.

Anyone else know of any remixes that they wish could be in Smash 4?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Thank you Captain Obvious, I never knew that...

But keep in mind that planned doesn't exactly translates to finalized, meaning my point still stands. Mewtwo is not in the final product, he was pushed aside in favor of other characters, and due to time constraints he did not get in.

Way to miss my point, then.

My point is that there's no doubt ZSS is going to be planned for For. I even know she might not be in. But she's still possible, more than Mewtwo would be, since she's part of a current character. She has a better standing, which is all I'm saying.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I may not like metal too much, but this fits Bowser most definitely, and I hear a bit of that organ too. However, I'd love to see hear this in a future Bowser CV. Who knows? We might just do so in a future Smash4 Boozer CV, and that Boozer dropkick!
Of course, I want to hear some KI goodness for Pit too, but more of a heavenly feel rather than metal for him to fit Pit's theme of being an angel.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Since there isn't a topic going on in this thread right now, I might as well start one.

I REALLY wish this remix would be in Smash 4, but that's extremely unlikely. It's an epic metal cover of several Bowser themes, primarily his final boss theme from SM64. The only way I think anyone can dislike this song is if they dislike metal music.

Anyone else know of any remixes that they wish could be in Smash 4?

I see ya'll rocking Bowser themes. This one happens to be one of my personal favorites.

Here's another one from Mario Kart:

(Granted, it's actually from Newgrounds, but it's still really cool.)

Hell, it'd be positively awesome if Sakurai and Co. nabbed some of the talent from OC Remix's community to work on the soundtrack. I'd be in heaven. I mean, listen to this awesome anthem-like goodness from Sixto Sounds. He took one of the most epic tracks in the Kirby series and made it GODLIKE:

o;flfgsjkhkhfajshjkfbhkjdfhkahlkdskdllahs

Btw, Man of Steel was pretty good.

Smooth Criminal

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't remember any really awesome remixes of planned games. I remember a powerful Metal remix of Quest 64's Battle theme, but eh.

But if we mean ones from earlier games, I'd like to see Metal Melee and Metal 64 come back. I was slightly annoyed it wasn't in Brawl, although since there's no specific Metal fight, it made sense to leave it out.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I see ya'll rocking Bowser themes. This one happens to be one of my personal favorites.

Here's another one from Mario Kart:

(Granted, it's actually from Newgrounds, but it's still really cool.)

Hell, it'd be positively awesome if Sakurai and Co. nabbed some of the talent from OC Remix's community to work on the soundtrack. I'd be in heaven. I mean, listen to this awesome anthem-like goodness from Sixto Sounds. He took one of the most epic tracks in the Kirby series and made it GODLIKE:

o;flfgsjkhkhfajshjkfbhkjdfhkahlkdskdllahs

Btw, Man of Steel was pretty good.

Smooth Criminal
The first theme was unusual to me, but also good.
The second one has definetely become one of my favorite Koopa's Road remixes.
And the Meta Knight remix...I've but 2 things to say.

1: Thank you for showing a good Meta Knight Remix, I've been searching for one for so long.

2: Whoever remixed that theme deserves to be up there with all the great video game composers, as does the man who composed the original theme.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
...I know I have seen you many, many times, but

your name, avatar, signature, and general existence as an entity bearing that boy, irk me. For obvious reasons.

I will be wary of thee.

You can tell me what's wrong D:
But just imagine when Palutena's playable, then you'll be seeing a lot more of her around me.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The first theme was unusual to me, but also good.
The second one has definetely become one of my favorite Koopa's Road remixes.
And the Meta Knight remix...I've but 2 things to say.

1: Thank you for showing a good Meta Knight Remix, I've been searching for one for so long.

2: Whoever remixed that theme deserves to be up there with all the great video game composers, as does the man who composed the original theme.
Sixto Sounds is the name of the artist/remixer (ironically named after the kind of electric guitar he uses). Follow the links in the Youtube vid and look for more of his work. You won't be disappointed.

As for being up there with the 'greats,' though? Nah. He is definitely exceptional in this particular niche, however.

But if we mean ones from earlier games, I'd like to see Metal Melee and Metal 64 come back. I was slightly annoyed it wasn't in Brawl, although since there's no specific Metal fight, it made sense to leave it out.
I couldn't agree with you more on this, Hyper. I really liked the Metal Fight-based tracks, as they were unique tracks to Smash and not to any one game in particular. Hell, I'd be all for more original music this time around. Here's a remix of the Fighting Polygon theme:

Pretty cool, eh? I'd love if Smash were to get more tracks like this. Not necessarily just rock/metal thingies, mind.

Smooth Criminal

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Its the Summer Solstice in my New Leaf town, and I see Fireflies flying around. They seem so derpy in the light.

And with that I'm off to hunt sharks for money.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I certainly hope the ones in Brawl stay in but I am worried for Lucario quite a bit especially, seeing as Mewtwo has one of the biggest support fanbases for smash 4 ever. =/

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's a really neat version of the Fighting Polygon Team music, Smooth Criminal. Never heard it before.

I do wonder what the next "Model" Team will be.(to be clear, I mean character models)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Metal fighter themes in Melee and 64 were amazing. I didn't think much of Melee's metal battles as a young kid, but today I can imagine it serving another purpose, as if there is a bit of subtle plot to Melee's adventure mode. Mario and Luigi were on their way to try and defeat Bowser before he was able to turn into Giga Bowser, but he finally proved to be to strong for the two plumbers and they were defeated. Bowser subsequently used his newfound powers on them to brainwash them and turn them into stubborn, heavy, strong fighters to keep anyone else from reaching final destination to obliderate his powers at all costs. The theme is telling you that Bowser is nearly unstoppable now, and that the Metal Bros. are no longer in control of their own thoughts, Mario himself has been defeated and Bowser has taken control of him and Luigi. They're all that's standing in your way, and they sure as heck won't be easy to beat.

I'd love for a new Metal theme in Smash 4, to go with a new Metal Bros. Battle. Maybe even a remix and mashup of Melee's and 64's Metal Mario/fighter themes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom