• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
'Sup beyotches? Just finished work and finally went through a full week spending 3 hours volunteering at Vacation Bible School then another 3 hours at my job literally right after VBS. Now I just have my job in the morning next week and so on so I can hang here far more often uninterrupted.

Anywho, what we talkin' aboot?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
'Sup beyotches? Just finished work and finally went through a full week spending 3 hours volunteering at Vacation Bible School then another 3 hours at my job literally right after VBS. Now I just have my job in the morning next week and so on so I can hang here far more often uninterrupted.
All things controversial. I'm sorry for what I've done *attempts to wash blood off hands*

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
FD has nothing there but the platform and the skill of the fighters. All things being equal it's the perfect spot to balance the game. I do however enjoy the more than occasional match on Summit much do the dismay of everyone I play with!

It kind of isn't.

Remember, that only works if all characters have projectiles. But they don't. It greatly benefits fast characters, projectile characters, and those with more horizontal jumps. Those with only vertical jumps have zero advantage since there's no platforms, where they work best.

Battlefield is actually the most balanced stage in the series. It works for all characters, since it benefits no specific character extremely well. Maybe those with overly long jabs(like Olimar) at best. He actually is weaker on FD, notably.

Simply put, as of Brawl, there is no perfectly balanced stage any more. There are fairly neutral stages.(Heck, many times FD has been thought of as a reasonable counterpick.)

I would use Battlefield, since it's more balanced for the majority of characters.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228

Stages. If you got time to cash it, why not suggest a stage?

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Meh, Ima just post the good stages I had.

So, we're getting stage more relevant to handheld games?

I'm trying to find some lists of nintendo handheld games, but I have some out of the box ideas, or just some possible ones that would work. Let me know what you think!

Pokemon Pinball:

There we go! A little bit of the old and new versions so maybe they could work together and be combined! If you only show these bottom parts, you get a top and bottom blast zone on top of some cool hazards! A ball dropping for the paddles to smack around or sometimes drop, the bumpers to bat you around a bit, and beware the Pika... Land over there and risk a shock to send you flying so hard you never return! Pikachu would probably need to be replaced with a Pichu or some other electric Pokemon due to Pika already being in the game but it could still work easily enough.

This would be an excellent choice, a cool new way to represent Pokemon and show a game that did pretty great sales wise and has had a following to want a sequel made.

Possible Music:
Pokemon Pinball Opening Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plgPjtwiQxg&list=PL5A0E2B9D7D982B9A
Pokemon Pinball Map Mode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hlBrpuHSeo&list=PL5A0E2B9D7D982B9A
Pokemon Pinball Hi Score: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmT8P_6_ZLU&list=PL5A0E2B9D7D982B9A
Pokemon Pinball Ending Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRvaD64j1Gc&list=PL5A0E2B9D7D982B9A

Virtual Boy Wario Land:

What an interesting choice you are probably saying! But We need a new Mushroomy Kingdom like stage, and I thought it'd be a fun time to go back and remember on this 3D console, the first attempt for Nintendo in 3D. Virtual Boy Wario Land was the highest critically acclaimed Virtual Boy game, if you don't believe me check out it's reception. It's even been suggested to be remade for the 3DS it was so good. Make the stage Sakurai then make it on the 3DS! Think of the hype!

And for those who love using the pipes to move around, take a look at this! Right from wikipedia about the game (as they explain it best) this could make matches amazing! "many stages actually have more areas located in their backgrounds. With the help of special blocks located in certain places, players can actually send Wario to these places, which looks unusual given the Virtual Boy's ability to display objects and areas in three dimensions. These visual tricks lend great depth and detail to the game and are repeated more than a few times in situations such as boss fights, where an attack may reach towards the front of the screen, appearing to stop just inches before the player's eyes."

Now for some possible music choices!
Title Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TjfgEUw18Q&list=PL234EB3F346BA6089
Miniboss Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TmIRB01suQ&list=PL234EB3F346BA6089
Boss Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEXScBdh0Nk&list=PL234EB3F346BA6089
Final Boss Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g3Y3IvRpuY&list=PL234EB3F346BA6089

Brain Age:

Brain Age was a game totally of it's own kind that MANY people thereafter tried to copy, but almost none of them where as good as Brain Age!

Anyone have fond memories of Poke Floats? Let's fight on his head! His hands could be open and such like in the picture at times, giving us possible platforms sometimes, I hope he'd move them a bit.

But... The stage gets REALLY intense when...

THE HORNS GROW! THE HANDS START MOVING EVERYWHERE! OMG PUZZLE MAYBE SHOW UP LIKE THE WARIO WARE STAGE! GOD HELP US ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Before he turns back into the happy guy we know again!

This could be a cool little throwback for handhelds, and the stage would have some humor too. If anything, make him a secret boss just for the 3DS title. Master Hand is awesome, but who doesn't want this guy? ;)

Music:
Brain Age 2-Menu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmZfH0***rs

Alright! Three awesome ideas! I'll have to come up with more, tell me what you think of these for now!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm expecting a Starfy stage on the 3DS whether or not Starfy himself is included.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
Meh, Ima just post the good stages I had.

So, we're getting stage more relevant to handheld games?

I'm trying to find some lists of nintendo handheld games, but I have some out of the box ideas, or just some possible ones that would work. Let me know what you think!

Pokemon Pinball:

There we go! A little bit of the old and new versions so maybe they could work together and be combined! If you only show these bottom parts, you get a top and bottom blast zone on top of some cool hazards! A ball dropping for the paddles to smack around or sometimes drop, the bumpers to bat you around a bit, and beware the Pika... Land over there and risk a shock to send you flying so hard you never return! Pikachu would probably need to be replaced with a Pichu or some other electric Pokemon due to Pika already being in the game but it could still work easily enough.

This would be an excellent choice, a cool new way to represent Pokemon and show a game that did pretty great sales wise and has had a following to want a sequel made.

Possible Music:
Pokemon Pinball Opening Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plgPjtwiQxg&list=PL5A0E2B9D7D982B9A
Pokemon Pinball Map Mode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hlBrpuHSeo&list=PL5A0E2B9D7D982B9A
Pokemon Pinball Hi Score: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmT8P_6_ZLU&list=PL5A0E2B9D7D982B9A
Pokemon Pinball Ending Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRvaD64j1Gc&list=PL5A0E2B9D7D982B9A

Virtual Boy Wario Land:

What an interesting choice you are probably saying! But We need a new Mushroomy Kingdom like stage, and I thought it'd be a fun time to go back and remember on this 3D console, the first attempt for Nintendo in 3D. Virtual Boy Wario Land was the highest critically acclaimed Virtual Boy game, if you don't believe me check out it's reception. It's even been suggested to be remade for the 3DS it was so good. Make the stage Sakurai then make it on the 3DS! Think of the hype!

And for those who love using the pipes to move around, take a look at this! Right from wikipedia about the game (as they explain it best) this could make matches amazing! "many stages actually have more areas located in their backgrounds. With the help of special blocks located in certain places, players can actually send Wario to these places, which looks unusual given the Virtual Boy's ability to display objects and areas in three dimensions. These visual tricks lend great depth and detail to the game and are repeated more than a few times in situations such as boss fights, where an attack may reach towards the front of the screen, appearing to stop just inches before the player's eyes."

Now for some possible music choices!
Title Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TjfgEUw18Q&list=PL234EB3F346BA6089
Miniboss Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TmIRB01suQ&list=PL234EB3F346BA6089
Boss Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEXScBdh0Nk&list=PL234EB3F346BA6089
Final Boss Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g3Y3IvRpuY&list=PL234EB3F346BA6089

Brain Age:

Brain Age was a game totally of it's own kind that MANY people thereafter tried to copy, but almost none of them where as good as Brain Age!

Anyone have fond memories of Poke Floats? Let's fight on his head! His hands could be open and such like in the picture at times, giving us possible platforms sometimes, I hope he'd move them a bit.

But... The stage gets REALLY intense when...

THE HORNS GROW! THE HANDS START MOVING EVERYWHERE! OMG PUZZLE MAYBE SHOW UP LIKE THE WARIO WARE STAGE! GOD HELP US ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Before he turns back into the happy guy we know again!

This could be a cool little throwback for handhelds, and the stage would have some humor too. If anything, make him a secret boss just for the 3DS title. Master Hand is awesome, but who doesn't want this guy? ;)

Music:
Brain Age 2-Menu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmZfH0***rs

Alright! Three awesome ideas! I'll have to come up with more, tell me what you think of these for now!
I did like the Wario land idea. Other than that, I am pretty " Meh ".

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I did like the Wario land idea. Other than that, I am pretty " Meh ".

Aw... I know they aren't hyper brilliant, I was just throwing stuff out there. Hopefully I can manage up some better stuff, though I admit Virtual Boy Wario Land was my favorite idea too.

Ya know, if they didn't wanna remake the series since wario has a thing now, why not have Waluigi or something? o.o

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Kid Icarus: Uprising stages. That game has very good areas that could work nicely on Smash Bros.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Maybe a new Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon stage?
It's a likely possibility for the 3DS version, given that Luigi's Mansion 2 is a handheld title.

Kid Icarus: Uprising could have stages on both versions, considering how the universe of KI was greatly expanded on the game and how the three worlds from the NES game all appear in Uprising. The game had very good looking landscapes, especially considering it's a 3DS game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What if they add something from Monolith's upcoming game? (Regardless of whether or not there's a Xenoblade stage.)

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You really got me head over heels. :troll:
Super Xeno Brothers Wii U. :awesome: Also how did I laugh at that joke?

What if they add something from Monolith's upcoming game? (Regardless of whether or not there's a Xenoblade stage.)

I'd take anything, but getting content from that game would be amazing, I might even prefer that possibility.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
On 3DS stages, I specifically want none other than "That First Town" for Kid Icarus, mostly because of the amount if rage there would be.

Also, I think a Delfino-Lylatish stage for Star Fox 64 3D could be cool. Like, transitioning from this:

To this

And so forth. It could take advantage of the many worlds in Star Fox, and show off nice visuals. (Or at least, as nice as a 3DS can look [not that it looks bad])

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
I hope he's an Assist Trophy. I'd put some bold markup, but that'd specifically censor it.

Anyway, has anyone done a Gutsman Wario hack yet? :p
Gutsman would function nicely as an assist trophy. Although Orange devil will probably be the assist trophy, instead.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
A stage that I thought of when realizing R.O.B. didn't get a stage in Brawl: It's the actual (but giant) R.O.B. accessory with Stack-Up attached. The fighters are the size of the Stack-Up disc. A giant R.O.B. is in the background moving the blocks and dropping them. This make the platforms change height throughout the match. And maybe the blocks being dropped will damage anyone in the way.

What do ya think?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
OMG SOMEONE MAKE A CHARLES BARKLEY ONE RIGHT NOW, 'CHARLES BARKLEY, SOMETHING CLEVER ABOUT SLAMMING OR JAMMING HERE.'
I have just heard a Pegasus' queef and it sounded GLORIOUS!

This is the second best Space Jam remix I have heard (The GhostBuster's theme remix is the first).
I tip my hat, my body and soul to you sir.
I can now die peacefully!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
A stage that I thought of when realizing R.O.B. didn't get a stage in Brawl: It's the actual (but giant) R.O.B. accessory with Stack-Up attached. The fighters are the size of the Stack-Up disc. A giant R.O.B. is in the background moving the blocks and dropping them. This make the platforms change height throughout the match. And maybe the blocks being dropped will damage anyone in the way.

What do ya think?

Not sure if I entirely like it, but a R.O.B. stage could be kinda cool I admit.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What do you think the new F-Zero stage(s) will be?

Melee had Mute City and Big Blue based on F-Zero X, while Brawl had Port Town Aero Dive from F-Zero GX. However, no F-Zero game was released between Brawl and this game, so do you think they will take another course from F-Zero GX and call it a day?

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Melee had Mute City and Big Blue based on F-Zero X, while Brawl had Port Town Aero Dive from F-Zero GX. However, no F-Zero game was released between Brawl and this game, so do you think they will take another course from F-Zero GX and call it a day?

There will be a stage based on a brand new track from the upcoming F-Zero Game.

in my wildest dreams

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

They might have to resort to that considering the situation. Either Sand Ocean or Red Mountain would be great choices in my book.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
The song from the most recent trailer of X would be appreciated.
Does anyone still think that it's gonna be set in the world of Xenoblade Chronicles?

Some of those landforms in the distance reminded me a lot of the Bionis.
And if I recall correctly, the Bionis and Mechonis sank into the sea and became islands at the end of the game...

I'd really love a stage from Xenoblade in SSB4. Maybe it could be a Halberd-type stage where you fly around on a platform while the two great titans fight eachother.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also regarding to X, but I also wouldn't be surprised if that game was also referenced with trophies and stickers too.

I still question whether or not that game is related to Xenoblade or not though. Though if it is related to Xenoblade, I wouldn't be surprised if the recent song for the game talking about looking for the "king"/"god" is actually referring to Shulk. After all, he's actually revealed to be a god at the end of Xenoblade Chronicles.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
The song from the most recent trailer of X would be appreciated.
I've watched that trailer a thousand times... Now I'm off to finish Xenoblade (level 70, shouldn't be long now).
If Xeno doesn't appear in some way in Smash Bros. I'm going personally to sh it in the bed of Sakurai.
Yep, I'm gonna sh it. IN HIS BED.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Also regarding to X, but I also wouldn't be surprised if that game was also referenced with trophies and stickers too. I still question whether or not that game is related to Xenoblade or not though.
Two possibilities:
1) It's not
2) It is, but in a complete different time, like thousands of years later/before

I don't think it's a direct sequel at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom