• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
Doesn't really seem like something that would be cross-platform customization though.
I don't know how that would work. Maybe the 3DS and WiiU have different customization options for different characters. Or maybe customization can only occur on the 3DS and then be transferred to the WiiU, however I could've sworn Sakurai said he didn't want something to be accessible on one version of the game that wasn't available on the other because it would be "rough for consumers."

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Doesn't really seem like something that would be cross-platform customization though.
I thought I remember one of the earliest commends made was that the customized characters could be carried over to the Wii-U version.

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
I thought I remember one of the earliest commends made was that the customized characters could be carried over to the Wii-U version.
I remember hearing that as well. Of course, it's not final but I would believe he does in fact intend customization to be done only on the 3DS version.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
OMG SOMEONE MAKE A CHARLES BARKLEY ONE RIGHT NOW, 'CHARLES BARKLEY, SOMETHING CLEVER ABOUT SLAMMING OR JAMMING HERE.'
I didn't make the image. I found it on Deviant Art actually. :troll:

I could make a Charles Barkley one latter though. (i have the templates) :laugh:

jwj442

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai says a flat stage is a starting point fo rgetting the character basics down, not that Final Destination is the sole factor in balancing. He says afterward that when you change stages and add other factors in it can really change things and they have to account ofr that too.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What did I miss? Allow me to anwser my own question. A LOT, as expected.

I know the topic does not appear to be about Sakurai's arm pain right now, but here's something I forgot to say.

He might be spending so much time on the game because he fears what might happen if development of Smash 4 was haulted any further, a lot of people might get upset about it.
Of course, not everyone will know that Sakurai is in pain, and some people might not even care. Unless Sakurai is simply very dedicated to Smash Bros., fear over reactions from Smash Bros. fans is likely a major reason as to why he is spending so much time on the game.

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
What did I miss? Allow me to anwser my own question. A LOT, as expected.

I know the topic does not appear to be about Sakurai's arm pain right now, but here's something I forgot to say.

He might be spending so much time on the game because he fears what might happen if development of Smash 4 was haulted any further, a lot of people might get upset about it.
Of course, not everyone will know that Sakurai is in pain, and some people might not even care. Unless Sakurai is simply very dedicated to Smash Bros., fear over reactions from Smash Bros. fans is likely a major reason as to why he is spending so much time on the game.
I agree with your point. There was already an article about how distressed he feels when he has to cut a character. I think Sakurai has a hard time dealing with the high expectations of the Smash community.

As for his pain, I think after brawl's multiple delays he'd rather not deal with the outburst from the community again. But I do have to say, (to everyone) although I don't agree with everything he's done give the man more credit for his dedication.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I agree with your point. There was already an article about how distressed he feels when he has to cut a character. I think Sakurai has a hard time dealing with the high expectations of the Smash community.

As for his pain, I think after brawl's multiple delays he'd rather not deal with the outburst from the community again. But I do have to say, (to everyone) although I don't agree with everything he's done give the man more credit for his dedication.
Indeed, since fearing complaints from the community are what's keeping him from taking a break as of now, he most certainly deserves long break from working on any more games after Smash 4 is out until at least surgery on his arm is complete and it has fully healed and is usable again. It's a shame not everyone is able to understand what he's going through.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
As much as I would like to play the game soon, I'd be more than happy to wait even until 2015 if it means that the man can take it a little easy. His health is more important than a videogame. I hope he doesn't push himself too hard. And he should definitely take a long and well deserved break once he is done with the game.

Take good care Sakurai. :(

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
As much as I would like to play the game soon, I'd be more than happy to wait even until 2015 if it means that the man can take it a little easy. His health is more important than a videogame. I hope he doesn't push himself too hard. And he should definitely take a long and well deserved break once he is done with the game.

Take good care Sakurai. :(
I feel the same way, but unfortunately most of the community and the critics would still come to bite Sakurai.

On the other side, atleast Namco Bandai is working with his crew and hopefully Sakurai doesn't have to do much physically with that arm. For his sake, I hope the game turns out to be the best one yet.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I feel the same way, but unfortunately most of the community and the critics would still come to bite Sakurai.

On the other side, atleast Namco Bandai is working with his crew and hopefully Sakurai doesn't have to do much physically with that arm. For his sake, I hope the game turns out to be the best one yet.
I concur. Most people, including myself, are nut crazy for the Smash series. Delaying it would irritate us (Brawl...? :grin:), but if it gets delayed because Sakurai seems to be having trouble physically then I have no problems with it. Never forget the developing team is much bigger than it was for Brawl, so have faith about the release date.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I am really glad he has a nice sizable team to help him on this one as well. It'll make his probably painful job much easier.

I do think one other reason he hasn't taken a break forgoing culture and dedication is that Nintendo is banking on Smash to be a system seller for the Wii U. I don't think they want to wait till 2015 to have this thing out.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
That's a good point too, they don't want the Wii U to be a failure.
If you are like me, then Pikmin 3 will be able to keep you tied down until 2014. :grin:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Question: I need to take a quick break from all this, what other websites or games do you guys usually participate in?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Ugh, I don't like MOBAs, I've had a deep seated dislike of them since my WC3 days.
Noted, thanks for the info, I've been thinking about joining Serenes for a long time now.
Anyone have suggestions for good gaming news website? I've had a little bit of a falling out with Joystiq.
Already got my Drudge Report for real news :3

I predict a 90% chance of salt in my weather today. Expert meteorologist Jaedrik here.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Hmmm? I never had an issue with Joystiq. Polygon is also pretty good. As for Kotaku....I don't like biased journalism...if I did I'd watch Fox News.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Hmmm? I never had an issue with Joystiq. Polygon is also pretty good. As for Kotaku....I don't like biased journalism...if I did I'd watch Fox News.
Hey guys remember that time when we all ragged on Fox News for syndicating that ONE columnist/reviewer that reviewed primarily TVs and other electronics saying the Xbox One was good? (for completely non-gaming reasons?)
Hey guys remember when just after that they had a completely different, front page editorial that said the Xbox One reveal was a disaster that actually had a history with gaming?
Nobody remembers the second. I do.
That's why I use Drudge Report for real life news.

I actually think my falling out with Joystiq was the fact that I wasn't going anywhere else for gaming news. I needed to expand my horizon. Polygon? Alright, I'll check it out.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Hey guys remember that time when we all ragged on Fox News for syndicating that ONE columnist/reviewer that reviewed primarily TVs and other electronics saying the Xbox One was good? (for completely non-gaming reasons?)
Hey guys remember when just after that they had a completely different, front page editorial that said the Xbox One reveal was a disaster that actually had a history with gaming?
Nobody remembers the second. I do.
That's why I use Drudge Report.

I actually think my falling out with Joystiq was the fact that I wasn't going anywhere else for gaming news. I needed to expand my horizon.

Gotcha. Polygon is usually good. Other than that I seem to trust GameTrailers to pop some new reveals every now and then. That's about it for me though, I haven't seen any other good sites.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Gotcha. Polygon is usually good. Other than that I seem to trust GameTrailers to pop some new reveals every now and then. That's about it for me though, I haven't seen any other good sites.
Polygon showed me Gaming With My Mom, I always liked Fallon, but that was hilarious. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom