• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Oh... well this is awkward. LOL!
Yeah song is pretty good too; I would like it better without the vocals.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

`dazrin

Smash Champion
The fact that Sakurai blatantly says that characters and movesets from both games will be the same could mean some pretty bad news for transformation characters and characters with AI partners :<

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1972435/super_smash_bros_the_difference_between_wii_u_3ds_versions.html

Since the Smash games will have the same characters selection I have thought of a way to make it feel a little more different: Make characters secret in one game but a starter in the other and vise versa. For example: Villager would be a starter on the 3DS game but secret on the Wii U game while Wii Fit Trainer would be a stater on the Wii U game but secret on the 3DS game.
That and the R.O.B. stage are both great ideas! I'd take a stage being controlled by a giant R.O.B. over a Tetris stage any day.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The fact that Sakurai blatantly says that characters and movesets from both games will be the same could mean some pretty bad news for transformation characters and characters with AI partners :<
Or it could be good news. This requires them to think of something new if they want to retain those characters.

Though I honestly think no one would really complain about Samus and Zero Suit Samus being separated.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
For a retro stage, I've thought up a Clu Clu Land stage.
It's just like the Mario Bros. stage, but the sprites and objects are larger than in the original when compared to the fighters. You fight on top of a trampoline, which due to the character's sizes acts like a regular platform instead. Over the time, Bubbles, (the main character in Clu Clu Land) will fly by and grab a few posts to reveal some gold ingots, which will then function as walls. Rarely, a Unira will appear and sweep slowy over the platform, dealing heavy damage, but low knockback to anyone it hits. Uniras only appear when there are gold ingots below the main platform. After all the ingots surrounding the trampoline are uncovered, the stage will reset and the process will repeat over time.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Given some time to think about it I think the reworking of these AI/ transformation characters may be a good thing. If the Ice Climbers worked as 1 unit, rather than you control 1 and the computer controls the other, it may fix Ice Climber's crazy grab game that has haunted so many players.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Or it could be good news. This requires them to think of something new if they want to retain those characters.

Though I honestly think no one would really complain about Samus and Zero Suit Samus being separated.
They might have to separate Zelda and Sheik... but Sheik as a stand-alone character doesn't make sense... *looks at Diddy Kong* That's your cue! :troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wouldn't want Samus and Zero Suit Samus to be separated either. They should still share the same slot and be able to become eachother the same ways. However, just let you choose Zamus' picture like Zelda/Sheik in Brawl.

In addition, the way you can transform from Samus to Zamus in-game without Smash Balls could easily apply the other way. Constantly due the Up and Down Taunt would transform her back, but she couldn't do any damage to anyone like she does during the Final Smash.

Mind you, this assumes she stays in For. I doubt she'll be removed, but the processing power needed for Transformations means this isn't 100% guaranteed. The only one I think is for sure is solely Zelda/Sheik.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Samus and Zamus being seperated doesn't make sense to me at all. They're the same character, and like HyperFalcon said you should be able to select which version of Samus you start as by choosing her picture.

Either keep them as one or remove Zero Suit Samus altogether.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Last update before the weekend. Who are we putting bets on? I'm saying it's Pikachu.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Samus and Zamus being seperated doesn't make sense to me at all. They're the same character, and like HyperFalcon said you should be able to select which version of Samus you start as by choosing her picture.

Either keep them as one or remove Zero Suit Samus altogether.
OR they could just give Zero Suit Samus's normal A moves to regular Samus... so that way, regular Samus is agile like in Other M.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
OR they could just give Zero Suit Samus's normal A moves to regular Samus... so that way, regular Samus is agile like in Other M.

Well so far it seems that Samus's Final Smash doesn't change her to ZSS. This might be because of early development, could be a separate character, or removed from the game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well so far it seems that Samus's Final Smash doesn't change her to ZSS. This might be because of early development, could be a separate character, or removed from the game.
The reason why it SEEMS like Samus doesn't turn into Zero Suit Samus after using her Final Smash is probably because the part where Samus was supposed to lose her Power Suit was cut off from the trailer.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Or we haven't seen the ending of the FS. As far as I know, we haven't seen the ending.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It really is interesting how non-committal he is to saying there will be cuts. He really must be worried about upsetting the community, not that I blame him. There probably will be.

One thing has me curious: if Sakurai has not reached a point where he's had to cut characters yet, does that mean he's already worked something out with Sega and or Konami to bring back Sonic and Snake? Just something that struck me. Of course things could easily change, but for their fans' there is at least a reason to be a little optimistic.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
The reason why it SEEMS like Samus doesn't turn into Zero Suit Samus after using her Final Smash is probably because the part where Samus was supposed to lose her Power Suit was cut off from the trailer.

Hmm, this could also be true. I had this same discussion earlier and my buddy used that same argument against me. Totally forgot it in my last post. Thanks =P

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Mr. Showtime: Probably cause he's not showcasing many characters yet.

I'm doubting she's not planned at the very least. And I would not remove her just to buff regular Samus up. That's a poor reason to do so. Just buff her up as is.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
@Mr. Showtime: Probably cause he's not showcasing many characters yet.

I'm doubting she's not planned at the very least. And I would not remove her just to buff regular Samus up. That's a poor reason to do so. Just buff her up as is.

Agreed, she is too much of a unique character with a unique play-style to just give her the boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom