• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So for Europe, the first two DLC are Marth and Ike as opposed to Japanese DLC being Marth and Roy (and Leaf, who was released at the same time as Roy) first with Ike being near the last?
Interesting.
I'm kinda worried they won't release the DLC that has the Japan-only characters in it.

D

Deleted member

But to exclude Roy would not make sense, given that he was in Melee.
Although, I feel that Marth and Ike were first merely because they are two of the biggest names in Fire Emblem at this time. Especially when you factor in their appearance in Brawl.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
That'd suck. (-=A=-);;; It'd be more of a hindrance for FE-fans and the game's replayability when looking on the DLC.

Though speaking which, weren't some DLC chapters linked to one another, including the JPN ones so we can't access some without clearing the last ones having a certain item?

But I'm superhappy we Europeans are getting HarmoKnight and Wario Land 3. But boo for making us wait until April for Fire Emblem.

Also Smash Power for Marth and Ike, yet there's no Lyn who was the first character West got introduced to? I'm disappoint. And they had to even show Ephraim with Marth and Ike.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So for Europe, the first two DLC are Marth and Ike as opposed to Japanese DLC being Marth and Roy (and Leaf, who was released at the same time as Roy) first with Ike being near the last?
Interesting.
??? No they didn't say that. When they said they were planning on releasing DLC they showed Marth/Ike/Ephraim as examples of the DLC characters you could get.

The Lord DLC follows a storyline so we'll still get them in the same order as Japan did. Heck all of the DLC has a storyline built in that they follow, a couple of DLC chapters I believe you can't use until you buy and beat the previous chapter. So to get Ike, you have to buy and play the other DLC chapters first.

D

Deleted member

The DLC chapters relating to the story Ike is DLC for, correct?

For example, I doubt Ike would need to necessarily wait for Roy or Micaiah, as they are part of Marth's DLC story and not his.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The DLC chapters relating to the story Ike is DLC for, correct?

For example, I doubt Ike would need to necessarily wait for Roy or Micaiah, as they are part of Marth's DLC story and not his.
Took me a sec to understand what you're asking. But never mind, only Marth then Roy then Micaiah require the previous. Overall though it's one big overarching storyline, so chances are more than likely they'll still go in order (hence why it's called Series 1: Other World Talismans).

D

Deleted member

The Nintendo acquiring Sega rumor smells like crap. I can't take a hiphop gaming website seriously. Even if it was true, I doubt it would mean anything for Smash.

I doubt Zoroark/Krom would be revealed during E3. They're not nearly as popular as Lucario and Ike respectively and Krom is generally expected but not wanted, which doesn't smell like E3 material.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If they want hype they should show Ridley and K Rool, or someone controversial like Geno along with K Rool or Ridley.

Or Mega Man

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
if we really need to wait until next E3, then I wouldn't be suprised if they already had a demo ready as the game would had, by that time, over a year of development.

that's just my opinion. a trailer would be enough for me. all we need now is patience until more info is revealed.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I don't think we'll get anything, but if we do, this is my trailer prediction for newcomers (I've been sticking to this for a long time):
Ridley
Palutena
Little Mac
Takamaru
Maybe Mega Man

Been playing this on my head for a long time. This just make too much sense.
You pretty much nailed it. (Although I wish it was Layton instead of Mega Man and K. Rool instead of Ridley.)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Waiting's hard, isn't it? Supposedly the game engine for both games was completed in August but who knows when we'll actually hear anything. At least there's Nintendo Direct now instead of having to wait a quarter of a year between the major conferences, eh?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Waiting's hard, isn't it? Supposedly the game engine for both games was completed in August but who knows when we'll actually hear anything. At least there's Nintendo Direct now instead of having to wait a quarter of a year between the major conferences, eh?
OH MAI GLOB! IT'S FATMAN!

And ND's are definitely great for this kind of thing. But did anyone really NEED Google maps for the Wii U?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't really see what's the point of having Google Maps. It's not like you are using the Wii U as a GPS device while driving. :troll:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I like Nintendo Direct but I really do hope that they bring back the Dojo site. After seeing Nintendo Land's HD graphics for the first time in person the other day, I've started thinking about Smash Bros again and I can't wait to see what little details they've added to everyone this time around.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I like Nintendo Direct but I really do hope that they bring back the Dojo site. After seeing Nintendo Land's HD graphics for the first time in person the other day, I've started thinking about Smash Bros again and I can't wait to see what little details they've added to everyone this time around.
That reminds me. Do you guys think the layout, presentation, format, etc. should have any changes?

I, for one, would like to see detailed descriptions on how the characters play, especially for new characters. I would also like to have more videos available to see how the game looks. This was thing the Brawl Dojo fell flat on.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That reminds me. Do you guys think the layout, presentation, format, etc. should have any changes?

I, for one, would like to see detailed descriptions on how the characters play, especially for new characters. I would also like to have more videos available to see how the game looks. This was thing the Brawl Dojo fell flat on.
well, that wouldn't be a bad idea... Kid Icarus: Uprising did some of the things you described, like the tutorial part, showing the different game modes and ways to play (meaning things like weapons in Uprising and characters in Smash Bros.).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Or Tingle. :troll:
Tingle, definitely. :troll:

I'd love to see him revealed as a playable character, because the rage spreading across the Internet would be priceless!

to celebrate his progress from being a stage obstacle, then Assist Trophy to finally as a playable character, we could have a boxart like this:

isn't it wonderful? :troll:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Frost: And I'd be enjoyin' the hell out of it because unlike million others, I find Tingle pretty funny guy and think he'd be quite an oddball but wackily funny choice to Smash Bros.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Frost: And I'd be enjoyin' the hell out of it because unlike million others, I find Tingle pretty funny guy and think he'd be quite an oddball but wackily funny choice to Smash Bros.
What's even more enjoyable is that he'll potentially be using unique moves (from his own character/games, and elements of Balloon Fighter)

The rage seething through those people when they get beaten up by Tingle will be hilarious. I predict Tingle being somewhat of a wildcard character who seems to be weak; but with enough know-how and skill; would be deadly :troll:

Captain Falcon x Tingle Adventure mode team up for SSB4; It's just a matter of time :awesome:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yo guys, get this.

People boycotting Smash 4 because it has Tingle in it. Like, doing a campaign and thinking it'd change the game up.

Oh man, that would be the peak of hilarity at best. `` (-><><-) ´´

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
The people serious about including Tingle are cray cray.
Not as cray cray as the people who want to include Krystal, Wolf Link, Paper Mario, Space pirate, Shadow link, and Dark Samus; but please et's not go there :troll:

Rather just have Balloon Fighter
Hey, I said elements of Ballon fighter. He could still get in; which in that respect would make tingle a psuedo-luigified character in abilities (balloons)

Yo guys, get this.

People boycotting Smash 4 because it has Tingle in it. Like, doing a campaign and thinking it'd change the game up.

Oh man, that would be the peak of hilarity at best. `` (-><><-) ´´
What's sad is that I can actually see that happening

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of wish they went for a new character for their paper series instead of using the mario universe, mostly because while I actually like the paper series, I wouldn't want another mario in smash. I already don't like 2 links

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Paper Mario would be nothing like Mario in terms of both looks and move-set.

He'd probably be more like Game and Watch actually. The Smash series could really use another 2D fighter to go toe to toe with him.

shadowdude

Smash Apprentice
I kind of wish they went for a new character for their paper series instead of using the mario universe, mostly because while I actually like the paper series, I wouldn't want another mario in smash. I already don't like 2 links
i agree on paper mario he could be good player and his move set will be easy just take them from his games.the reason they put two links is that one is faster with shorter range and the other link is slower with more range so there's one for everyone.i agree about the two mario's though one's enough.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't say he'd be like Mario, I said he IS Mario

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I like to see Paper Mario as a different incarnation of Mario. Yeah he's still Mario but his game play in the paper games is very different from his "normal" incarnation.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I like to see Paper Mario as a different incarnation of Mario. Yeah he's still Mario but his game play in the paper games is very different from his "normal" incarnation.
I like to think that the Mario games exist in a multiverse of sorts, where certain sub-series/genres of Mario game take place in seperate universes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom