• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Technically, it had been in work even longer, possibly as far back as October 2011 (since that was the original starting time). At the very least, we do know for a fact that Namco was working on a working prototype prior to Uprising's release.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Time surely does fly. In fact, just yesterday was the five year anniversary of the day Reggie "promised" Brawl would be released at E3 2007.

Anyways, last minute character reveal predictions, in the case a trailer -is- shown: Ridley first, then four others, including Little Mac and Megaman.

D

Deleted member

I don't think we'll get anything, but if we do, this is my trailer prediction for newcomers (I've been sticking to this for a long time):
Ridley
Palutena
Little Mac
Takamaru
Maybe Mega Man

Been playing this on my head for a long time. This just make too much sense.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Turns out the Japanese Nintendo Direct will happen 6 hours earlier than the US one. I severally doubt it'll have anything Smash related, if at the most a progress report. Still there's nothing like another Nintendo Direct to start up some activity around here.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well, the game was only confirmed in E3 so technically nothing about the game has been revealed considering there's no game footages yet. xD
Then I must have taken you too literally.
I was joking anyway.

I'm doing like everyone else and hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Then I must have taken you too literally.
I was joking anyway.

You're expecting a nuclear war between the US and China?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So I presume the worst case scenario would be Iwata prematurely closing the stream because of a lion catching the place on fire right before we get the trailer for Super Smash Bros. and everyone dies while their families watch in absolute horror?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If all in the air in the world turned into wood?

I like where this is going?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And the Four Horsemen of he Apocalypse show up to seal the deal, but with their annoying tag-a-long kid brother, the Fifth Horseman, to complete the set of Pestilence, War, Famine, and Death with Annoyance?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And the Four Horsemen of he Apocalypse show up to seal the deal, but with their annoying tag-a-long kid brother, the Fifth Horseman, to complete the set of Pestilence, War, Famine, and Death with Annoyance?
There is no fifth horsemen. Only the horse named Molestia.

EDIT: Okay, okay. The fifth horseman could be Jiz riding Molestia.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
I don't think we'll get anything, but if we do, this is my trailer prediction for newcomers (I've been sticking to this for a long time):
Ridley
Palutena
Little Mac
Takamaru
Maybe Mega Man

Been playing this on my head for a long time. This just make too much sense.
Exactly same charactes that I was thinking for trailer, but sometime I would randomly change them with someone else that could make sense.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
My guesses for trailer when it comes is similar:
Ridley
A customizable Mii (you may hate it, but look deep down: you know it's coming)
Zoroark
Takamaru
Baby Bowser
SURPRISE GUEST STAR: Pac-Man

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hmm? Reveals.

Ridley
5th Gen Character
3rd Party Character
Medusa
Bowser Jr./Dr. Mario/Paper Mario/Waluigi(a Mario or somewhat related one).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
RUMOR: Nintendo acquiring Sega?

I don't know if anyone here knows, but there seems to be a rumor claiming that Nintendo plans to acquire Sega.

check it out here.

If this is, indeed, true, you know what it would mean for the future of Smash...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So I presume the worst case scenario would be Iwata prematurely closing the stream because of a lion catching the place on fire right before we get the trailer for Super Smash Bros. and everyone dies while their families watch in absolute horror?
:smirk: Yes. I can expect that.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I don't know if anyone here knows, but there seems to be a rumor claiming that Nintendo plans to acquire Sega.

check it out here.

If this is, indeed, true, you know what it would mean for the future of Smash...
If this is actually turns out to be true then... then
. . . . . . . . . .
I don't even know what to say.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If this is actually turns out to be true then... then
. . . . . . . . . .
I don't even know what to say.
yeah... when I found that out, I was pretty much shocked as well.

if this does happen, expect Sonic to return in SSB4, since he gets promoted to a first party character... just the idea of Sonic becoming a Nintendo character is weird... it would be an interesting twist, anyway.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Such an ironic fate for Sega if it is. Once rival companies now they've merged together.

D

Deleted member

It means more than just Sonic and pals.
It would mean other Sega characters that are Nintendo relevant would have a major shot at Smash, and there's quite a bit of them.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It means more than just Sonic and pals.
It would mean other Sega characters that are Nintendo relevant would have a major shot at Smash, and there's quite a bit of them.
indeed... Super Monkey Ball suddenly pops in my head and does The Conduit and NiGHTS...

Is Bayonetta propriety of Sega? because if it is, and if this rumor is true, it would mean that all Bayonetta games from now on would be all Nintendo exclusives, meaning some fans wouldn't be happy, considering the massive ****storm that happened with Bayonetta 2...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Looking at the video and the source... you call this a rumor? Seriously?

This guy just throws out some story we don't even have any clue if it's even true and secondly, I don't even see why Nintendo WOULD WANT to buy SEGA during these current times. They'd definitely be restricted from releasing games outside of Nintendo-platforms if it happened which would hinder SEGA's distribution of it's games.

So yeah, not buying this rumor at all... seeing how it just is coming only from a certain hiphop-man's mouth.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Considering that Sega is in a bit of a financial rut and has been all buddy-buddy with Nintendo, the possibility of the two companies fusing in a vein similar to Namco Bandai isn't exactly that obscure.

Still, it's going to be a while before we see "Nintendo Sega", if even that at all.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Looking at the video and the source... you call this a rumor? Seriously?

This guy just throws out some story we don't even have any clue if it's even true and secondly, I don't even see why Nintendo WOULD WANT to buy SEGA during these current times. They'd definitely be restricted from releasing games outside of Nintendo-platforms if it happened which would hinder SEGA's distribution of it's games.

So yeah, not buying this rumor at all... seeing how it just is coming only from a certain hiphop-man's mouth.
that's why it's a rumor... it may (read: it's likely) not be true...

then again, I originally saw this link in the GameFAQs boards, so try not to take it too seriously.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I wouldn't put much stock in Nintendo buying Sega rumors, we've heard them for like a decade by now.

Especially from this article, which seems... less than credible.

If by some ridiculous chance this hypothetically turned out to be true (which it won't), it would likely only result in more Sonic characters and possibly Bayonetta becoming playable in Smash. In Smash 4 at least. While I would love to see characters like NiGHTS, I don't think it would be especially likely.

And I know I'm late with this, but anybody expecting Smash at the Nintendo Direct later is going to be left disappointed. :p

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Like the people on NeoGAF hype up every Nintendo Direct like its E3 and get disappointed. You'd think they would learn by now. :laugh:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
As expected, nothing new with Nintendo Direct, but good God, the lighting in Pikmin 3 is marvelous. I was just amazed when the Fiery Blowhog shot out fire. It was such a massive improvement.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Nothing new, not surprising. Pretty much what we all predicted. Nice to see FE13 coming out on Feb. 4, definitely getting it for my Birthday.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Pretty standard ND. Looking forward to Awakening, Feb. 4 needs to get here soon. Pikmin also looks great, but it's slowly sliding further and further from "launch window" :smirk:

Glad HarmoKnight is coming to the west too, not that it's surprising. Would've liked even a little info about Animal Crossing though...

Still kinda sad to see all the comments asking for a Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, or F-Zero to be announced during the Direct. People get their hopes way too high for these things.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Glad HarmoKnight is coming to the west too, not that it's surprising.
I came in late so I didn't hear that. But sweet, Gamefreak needs to make more non-Pokemon games, too bad the only guest music in that game is from Pokemon...no Pulseman or Drill Dozer?...

Didn't see the NA Nintendo Direct, but the European one confirmed FE13 DLC showing off Marth and Ike. I'd like to take this as a sign they're officially the two most well known FE lords, but it probably doesn't mean anything. Either way DLC is awesome.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Didn't see the NA Nintendo Direct, but the European one confirmed FE13 DLC showing off Marth and Ike. I'd like to take this as a sign they're officially the two most well known FE lords, but it probably doesn't mean anything. Either way DLC is awesome.
That's good to hear. I'll be picking up pretty much all the FE DLC. I hope Roy is one of the first ones released, I won't be able to wait long for him. :awesome:

I doubt they'd do this, but I'd really hate if some of the Japanese-only lords weren't released as international DLC. Unlikely, of course, but I still want to play as Leaf, Alm, and Celice. And Cellica too, I guess.

D

Deleted member

So for Europe, the first two DLC are Marth and Ike as opposed to Japanese DLC being Marth and Roy (and Leaf, who was released at the same time as Roy) first with Ike being near the last?
Interesting.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never tried a pikmin game before, but I am excited to try out the game for the first time when the Wii U version comes out

---

Also, Sonic as a Nintendo character would be pretty awesome.

I wonder if they can make a 2D platformer that both of them could be in. Somehow. They have very different mechanics, but if they could pull it off, it would be fantastic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom