• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, the way Tekken plays it should be slower. As for smash, I'd say it depends on the engine and overall game speed. If both games are about as fast I think they'll be (around as fast as Smash 64), then I think 4-6 frames sounds about alright to me.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Yeah, the way Tekken plays it should be slower. As for smash, I'd say it depends on the engine and overall game speed. If both games are about as fast I think they'll be (around as fast as Smash 64), then I think 4-6 frames sounds about alright to me.
Oh dear god. If Smash 4 was as slow as Smash 64, I don't think I could play it.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I believe that was mentioned a while ago.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if the online capabilities were greatly improved. Everything else is very finicky, considering it's a rumor and all that.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I believe that was mentioned a while ago.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if the online capabilities were greatly improved. Everything else is very finicky, considering it's a rumor and all that.
we'll just have to wait and see... I the meantime, all we can do besides waiting is speculate.

better online is necessary, Brawl suffered a lot with the lag. even though I play the game well, I suck horribly at online because of the input lag. I've experienced times which the game was near unplayable.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
After several months of being absent from the forums, I come back to find that I missed absolutely nothing in Sm4sh development. Or maybe I'm missing something.

I don't know. I'm slightly disappointed.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Guys, that rumor is just taken from the big dump of info from the Dual Pixels website. It's false. Now, I'm willing to bet we will get some Super Smash Bros info from E3, but a demo and the rest is just over reaching at this point in time. Curb expectations folks. E3 will be here soon enough. All I can tell everyone is stay tuned, it will be a doozy next year.

D

Deleted member

I think a compromise can be made in regards to characters:

Have two options; one for those who want all characters from the start and those who want to play the game as normal and unlock every character.

@Starphoenix: One of the things I've learned while discussing this game is not to get emotionally invested in an argument.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Good news, everyone! Nintendo has announced on their Facebook that there will be a Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 9 AM PT for their games coming out next year. Hope they slide in a Smash Bros. trailer or SOMETHING.

D

Deleted member

And it's during college class...

Hopefully, I get out of class getting some good news.

D

Deleted member

Good news, everyone! Nintendo has announced on their Facebook that there will be a Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 9 AM PT for their games coming out next year. Hope they slide in a Smash Bros. trailer or SOMETHING.

First thing that came to mind. Probably what was intended.
Sadly, I will have to miss this Nintendo Direct, as I have a Final around that time to do.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Blast and I have a job interview at that time. I doubt it'll be Smash, probably just the games that'll be out in late December, and Q1 2013 and maybe the eShop updates.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

First thing that came to mind. Probably what was intended.
Sadly, I will have to miss this Nintendo Direct, as I have a Final around that time to do.
That's exactly what I intended.

Lucky for me, my next final after today isn't until Thursday, so I can take a break and watch it at lunchtime (since it's be 11 AM).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I wouldn't get my hopes high... :|

but anything's possible, so I'll look forward to it.

hmmm... the European version will be tomorrow at 17h00 GMT (18h00 CET)... lucky for me, I'll be done with the classes at that hour. ^_^

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Usually don't watch Nintendo Directs because I don't have time but if I'm lucky I might catch watching this while it's 9 PM in Finland. (-l<>l-)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Usually don't watch Nintendo Directs because I don't have time but if I'm lucky I might catch watching this while it's 9 PM in Finland. (-l<>l-)
9PM in Finland means 7PM here. I'm sure that by that hour, it might be already over, but you can always watch as many times as you like after the live stream, so there isn't much to worry.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Its not gonna be Smash. I'll be at home anyway to watch it but they're probably going to show things we've already seen.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
9PM in Finland means 7PM here. I'm sure that by that hour, it might be already over, but you can always watch as many times as you like after the live stream, so there isn't much to worry.

So let me see, I should see this between 6 PM - 7 PM to ensure I can catch up. And I'm gonna watch it live. It's been determined.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So let me see, I should see this between 6 PM - 7 PM to ensure I can catch up. And I'm gonna watch it live. It's been determined.
hmm... you're right.

Nintendo Europe's site states that Nintendo Direct will start at 5PM GMT (UK, Ireland and Portugal). Finland is EET (GMT+2), so if you want to watch it live, it starts at 7PM in your country.

keep in mind that Nintendo revealed Namco's involvement in Smash during a Nintendo Direct. heh, even if they don't reveal anything about SSB, they'll likely show something about Fire Emblem: Awakening or Pikmin 3, two other games I'm looking forward to.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I think it's too early for Smash 4 to be revealed, and I'd rather have it announced in E3 rather than Nintendo Direct. They could just give us some brief information about the game rather than show how it looks like. Other than that, it might be Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, and mainly some other 3DS and Wii U games that will be shown for it.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Toasters, I think CIC though meant that it won't be showcased fully out this early. There's been mostly info which can be intepreted many ways due how vague it can be at times.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
I doubt we will be getting a trailer for Sm4sh, I'm expecting them to mention it like that one Nintendo direct to say something like, Hey it's still in development. I just want to see some screen shots at the least >.<

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Toasters, I think CIC though meant that it won't be showcased fully out this early. There's been mostly info which can be intepreted many ways due how vague it can be at times.
I realize that, but I don't reveal should have been the word.
Or maybe I just need more sleep.

I don't care if they show screenshots, a trailer, or just say "____ is in the game" in vague riddle format. I just want a mention or something at the very least. I'm not picky. :c

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I have no hope or expectation at all for getting any new info on Sm4sh at the Nintendo Direct (even though such a thing has happened a few Nintendo Directs ago and the fact this Nintendo Direct will cover both systems that Sm4sh will be on.)

What I'm really hoping for is some Pikmin 3 news since the Nintendo Direct will cover 2012 to early 2013 games (Which is in Pikmin 3's scheduled release date range), it's my most anticipated Wii U game, and that E3 was the first and ONLY time we got information on that game (which is making the wait even more painful to bear through). If there is no Pikmin 3 news then I'll be pissed.

:phone:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I wanna know what the fate of the red 3DS will be. I read it's being phased out in Japan and I'd like to know if that happening here in NA.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well everyone, with the Nintendo Direct, just do as we've been doing for well over a year now: plan for the worst and hope for the best. Who knows, we'll likely get nothing, but maybe we'll get a hint or something.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm not counting on any Smash info, but it'd be nice. I would like to see more Bayonetta 2 and more Animal Crossing. Funny how that's technically the fourth game and look how much it changed.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Strange word choice. I think you mean discussed. It's already been revealed, silly willy.
Well, the game was only confirmed in E3 so technically nothing about the game has been revealed considering there's no game footages yet. xD

I also doubt Pikmin 3 would be shown in Nintendo Direct but at least mentioned. I heard they're still polishing the game up even though the game already looks amazing. I might be wrong, though, but let's keep our expectations low since they tend to be high on every Nintendo Direct. :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
17 hours remaining for Europe...

if not Smash, then I'd like to see footage from Pikmin 3 and Fire Emblem: Awakening.

but I wouldn't raise the expectations too much... overhyping is not a good idea.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
As of now, the game has been in development longer than (I believe) Melee and Brawl prior to the reveals of their trailers. I doubt this event will yield much of anything, though how awesome would it be to get the trailer out of the way here, and give the alleged demo facetime at E3??

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
As of now, the game has been in development longer than (I believe) Melee and Brawl prior to the reveals of their trailers. I doubt this event will yield much of anything, though how awesome would it be to get the trailer out of the way here, and give the alleged demo facetime at E3??
hmm... let me check...

Brawl's development began in October 2005, and we got a trailer at E3 2006, in May of that year... I remember it well, six years ago... time surely flies...! anyway, from October 2005 to May 2006 are 7 months.

SSB4's development began after Kid Icarus: Uprising's ended development, which we can assume either as February or March 2012.

so, we are already at December 2012, as such if we assume the development began in February, SSB4 has already 10 months. if we assume March as the beginning, then, development has already taken 9 months.

conclusion: SSB4 has been in development for more time between Brawl's start and Brawl's reveal at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom