• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Mario & Megaman are quietly discussing how to break it to Toon Link that he isn't a playable character. :troll:
LMAO! :rotfl:
Scenario said:
Shhh......No No No No No! You tell him! Your the veteran!
Think of this as.... your initiation! We've been doing it since Melee!
This isn't right...I didn't sign up for this...
Keep your voice down! He'll hear you! Shh! Quite! He's looking this way!

Poor guy...he even gave us a free ride. What if he asks for money! I don't have 20 Rupees! Do you have 20 Rupees!?
RE-LAX... Fox's Arwing is flying right above us. If anything happens we make a break for it.
(Hope they at least give him his pajama costume if he's still in)
To be honest I had a dream that they were going to reveal C. Falcon today...
Phuck dreams... :glare:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
But really, when should we expect the next character reveal? I think sometime around the 3rd week of July.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well there isn't any source to the Nintendo Direct coming July 9th, we'll still most likely see some new footage and/or screenshots in July. Possibily July 11th.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Assuming we have at least 12 newcomers, I would be happy to see them simply show us 1 newcomer and 2-3 returning veterans once a month in Directs. That'd be a good way to sustain hype without exhausting Sakurai with the demands of daily updates. Hopefully they take an approach like that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
LMAO! :rotfl:

(Hope they at least give him his pajama costume if he's still in)
To be honest I had a dream that they were going to reveal C. Falcon today...
Phuck dreams... :glare:

You think that's bad? Last night I had the second Smash related dream I ever remembered, and it was a damn reveal of Sonic and Ridley. Since I rarely dream, especially about Smash, I thought it was true. And then they showed Sonic fighting, and he was about half of Olimar's Brawl height, and that's when I realized my dreams suck.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Awh yeah, finally got around to making a celebratory avatar of our new newcomers.
It would be even more complete if you had the Wii Fit Trainer's yoga pants. Balance Board will not suffice. :awesome:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
UGH! I despise that acronym. the way it sounds annoys me, people tend to say it in stupid situations, and people who do things like, YOLO! (swag) just means they think highly of themselves.
Hakuna Matata is better.
Even with his autism, I'm sure M2K was being satirical.
They made a joke about 4 stocks too, you only live four times in eight minutes.
lolololololololol

I was going to comment on a ton of other things, but everyone beat me to them. . .

Oh well, at least I had yet another interesting dream, this time another demonic one, just as the other dreams, once again so invariably complex. . .
I know I must be put to the test, but this is a bit much, waking up with what feels like weights on me as my bed violently shakes, the Satanic influence slowly leaving.
If only my dreams weren't so vivid, but again this is no natural thing. Well, I discovered one cool thing, I can pray really well in my dreams, and certainly that's a moment when the evil One is most opportune to attack.
I just wish that it wouldn't be necessary, but it's happening, hopefully it won't get to the point of what happened to my sister, but if it is his will. . .
Agh, enough of this.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Even with his autism, I'm sure M2K was being satirical.
They made a joke about 4 stocks too, you only live four times in eight minutes.
You really shouldn't joke about autism, especially in this thread where some regulars have autism to some degree.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
You really shouldn't joke about autism, especially in this thread where some regulars have autism to some degree.
I. . . wasn't?
I was making the claim that it is fortunate that M2K (who claims he is autistic to a minor degree) can make such jokes and operate so normally. I love the guy.
Forgive me if I am somehow sadly misinformed.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
To those that didn't click on the link already, it's a Rickroll. :p
Party pooper.

As an handicapped person, I agree with this statement.

(I'm not autistic, but I have physical disabilities caused by brain damage during birth.)

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I. . . wasn't?
I was making the claim that it is fortunate that M2K (who claims he is autistic to a minor degree) can make such jokes and operate so normally. I love the guy.
Forgive me if I am somehow sadly misinformed.
Looking at [KumaOso's] signature, I'm guessing SmashChu is not a very popular person among the community.
The sad state of exceptionalism.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Dragonball references have been made for years. Like Evangelion and Sailor Moon, it's one of those iconic anime that's bound to get a shout out somewhere.

@KingofPhantoms
Just don't talk about competitive play around him if you value your sanity.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Honestly, I don't really get why is SmashChu hated. From what I've seen, he just has different ideas from the majority of the community.

So what? Everyone's entitled to their own opinions and ideas as long as they don't go to extremes and disrupt the others' freedom. Has he done anything so vile to be despised?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Dragonball references have been made for years. Like Evangelion and Sailor Moon, it's one of those iconic anime that's bound to get a shout out somewhere.

@KingofPhantoms
Just don't talk about competitive play around him if you value your sanity.
Thanks for the warning.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Honestly, I don't really get why is SmashChu hated. From what I've seen, he just has different ideas from the majority of the community.

So what? Everyone's entitled to their own opinions and ideas as long as they don't go to extremes and disrupt the others' freedom. Has he done anything so vile to be despised?
He has a tendency to speak for everyone else, especially Sakurai. There's also all the business talk which only holds so much truth.

Finally, his belief that sales = quality.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
He's really unreasonable and stubborn though...

Also, he apparently dislikes cancels, because they are too competitive. (-_-)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
He has a tendency to speak for everyone else, especially Sakurai. There's also all the business talk which only holds so much truth.

Finally, his belief that sales = quality.
So, basically he thinks he knows everything about Smash and business, but he really doesn't?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Speaking of, bring the manual L-Cancel back or make both an option in the menus or something. The L-Cancel was hardly competitive as is, and was very useful.

Really, the only way I could see it in the state from Melee/64 being a competitive technique is if it only applies to some characters, I.E. Link or Bowser, but not faster ones like Marth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom