• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You know it would be recorded by a jazz band. How incredible would that be?
Hoots, don't play with my heart strings like that man.

It seems like Villager is a much more tactical character since his attacks involve setting up and punishing. I guess he's the type of character you cannot be reckless with.
I'd say he is tactical. Personally he looks like he'll be a lot of fun. Also, I think the tree attack is his side special, not his smash attack.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Oh gosh I need to make a comic about this before anyone else does.... If I were to ever get the time to.... Seriously, that's a great idea. :p

"Hi! Nobody's using this, right?"

@Monk
Oh, was that a jibe at me? Just because I do think that Chrom will be in doesn't mean I give a single sh*t about him or defending him. :p I'd rather see Anna.
More to the point, I'd rather not start YAFFED* in this thread.

*Yet Another F@%$ing Fire Emblem Discussion

Alzi

Smash Master
The more I think about the nastier Villager seems to me! I might wana try him out.

If he can plant the tree and move around, he can basically set up a shield to block projectiles like lasers or fire balls.

I will assume that other charaters can attack the tree so it can topple the other direction.
Has it been confirmed the tree is solid and characters can't run through it? I was thinking it wouldn't work as a solid and characters can run past it, although if it does work as a solid object then it would definitely set up as an awesome move.

Also

I believe we will be getting a character reveal on 9th July. Also will be showing visuals later tonight as to why I believe there will be 42-49 characters.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Considering how the Villager briefly returns to his normal stance after planting it, it's probably like Snake's Down-special and can be axed down at will.
If that's the case, then isn't it really powerful? It could possibly be the game's ultimate edgeguard, especially if it doesn't break apart when an opponent attacks it (which I doubt will happen).

bobadz

Smash Ace
Has it been confirmed the tree is solid and characters can't run through it? I was thinking it wouldn't work as a solid and characters can run past it, although if it does work as a solid object then it would definitely set up as an awesome move.

Also

I believe we will be getting a character reveal on 9th July. Also will be showing visuals later tonight as to why I believe there will be 42-49 characters.
I'm curious. What makes you think that?

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
"The Inevitables" actually sounds like a decent band/movie title.

The Villager seems like a beast at edge guarding. Dropping a bowling ball off the cliff already just seems... well, rude. I wonder if his slingshot will amount to anything worthwhile.

I am going to laugh so hard the first time I see Ness about to recover and the Villager just jumps off and shoves the PK Thunder into his pocket.

Reminds me when my friends and I would try and cancel someone's PK Thunder by body blocking the shot/retaliate with another PK Thunder so Ness would fall to his impending doom. But now we'll have two characters that can troll both Ness and Lucas. :troll:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Also

Why July 9th?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The bowling ball looks like it takes a while, too impractical. Methinks you're all overplaying this Villager character.
All of this is of course hypothetical. we have to wait and see when the game is released.

But from these trailers he looks like he can be a crazy edge guarder and basically set up a fort, by placing trees to block projectiles... Not to mention he can store the world in his pockets.

I wonder if the tree will bare fruit when left alone for a while.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion

Also

Why the 9th? Do we have confirmation of a Direct on that date?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I find it ironic that before Brawl, Villager wasn't conceived as fighter material.

Now Villager might just be the nastiest character in the game.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'm hoping that using a fire attack on the trees lights 'em up! Giant flaming pillars EVERYWHERE.

Ah shoot, it's 1 am here and I'm at a family reunion... Stupid East coast, getting in the way of me talking about video games literally always. G'night, folks!

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I find it ironic that before Brawl, Villager wasn't conceived as fighter material.

If Wii Fit trainer is conceived as fighting material, then anyone else can be conceived as fighting material :troll:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

They probably never thought about how the items from Animal Crossing could be used as weapons or assist him in combat. What we've seen of him so far, I have to say what they've done with him is really creative.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
One thing I realized about Villager is depending upon how quickly he is able to pocket and release attacks, he may just be one of the better anti-zoning characters in the game. I expect a lot of Villager counter-picks for Megaman.
Also

Is there something I missed?

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Please read the post above you.
Let's assume you're playing on Smashville, Villager vs Fox heads on. Fox was sent flying leftwards but wasn't killed, at the time of Fox's trajectory path/initial recovery, The villager plants a tree on the edge exactly and jumps on the platform to drop a bowling ball to drop it at Fox before he grabs the ledge. If the tree can't be destroyed by Fox's illusin/Firefox, then that's probably his stock. Isn't that quite over-powered?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Also

That's quite the specific prediction there bruh.

Please don't tell me your parents work at Nintendo. Lol! I kid I kid.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
@Monk Oh, was that a jibe at me? Just because I do think that Chrom will be in doesn't mean I give a single sh*t about him or defending him. :p I'd rather see Anna.
I didn't even know about you, but it was a jab at all dem folks who think anything is inevitable. If there's one flaw of historians, it's that they view events as inevitable. Hundreds of years from now we will be taught that 9/11 happened BECAUSE there was no TSA etc.
Sounds like some Post Hoc Ergo Proctor Hoc jazz to me.
Ridiculous. Nothing is so certain, one must take all things into account. Everything. Leave nothing, spare no detail, every last word is important.
It's even an economic law, and a physicist's law. It's also a philosophical and moral principle.

Thank you for your support!

I just liked a post from 2008.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Let's assume you're playing on Smashville, Villager vs Fox heads on. Fox was sent flying leftwards but wasn't killed, at the time of Fox's trajectory path/initial recovery, The villager plants a tree on the edge exactly and jumps on the platform to drop a bowling ball to drop it at Fox before he grabs the ledge. If the tree can't be destroyed by Fox's illusin/Firefox, then that's probably his stock. Isn't that quite over-powered?
Good point, he would definetely be an edge-guarding king if he could do things like that. Perhaps this might make up for some poor direct combat moves. (I haven't seen many of his direct attacks yet, and I know not many have been shown) Of course we don't know for sure yet if the tree can be cut down at will. I guess I'll have to wait to see more footage of him.

EDIT: Typed for real instead of at will. Fixed that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just got 200,000 bells for 1 trip to the tropical island. And that's not even the most I've ever gotten

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Good point, he would definetely be an edge-guarding king if he could do things like that. Perhaps this might make up for some poor direct combat moves. (I haven't seen many of his direct attacks yet, and I know not many have been shown) Of course we don't know for sure yet if the tree can be cut down at will. I guess I'll have to wait to see more footage of him.

EDIT: Typed for real instead of at will. Fixed that.
It does sound logical that edgeguarding makes up for his poor direct combat abilities. That's a good point of view, thanks for sharing :grin:.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I like for real better. For real.

M2K just said YOLO on stream.
UGH! I despise that acronym. the way it sounds annoys me, people tend to say it in stupid situations, and people who do things like, YOLO! (swag) just means they think highly of themselves.

Hakuna Matata is better.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
UGH! I despise that acronym. the way it sounds annoys me, people tend to say it in stupid situations, and people who do things like, YOLO! (swag) just means they think highly of themselves.

Hakuna Matata is better.
I could imagine Hakuna Matata being the Yolo... :lol:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait.