• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Bonus points like the ones you can get in Melee? Sounds like a good idea to me!

It actually kind of does sound like a very "Smash" way to get the Final Smash. You do awesome things like taunting when your foes croak and you win over the audience and they then reward you with more murder-power.

I genuinely like the "King of the Hill" thought too... It'd be fun if Smash actually made a King of the Hill game mode where you just earn points by staying in the designated zone in the center of the stage.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Perhaps characters with more powerful and/or screen covering Final Smashes would take a longer time to eat it.
Hmmm, I dunno. I personally prefer if all characters take the exact same time to consume the fruit. If characters have different timing for the consumption, it might make it too easy/hard for one character to eat the fruit without being interrupted (Assuming that the level 2 Final Smash is really powerful for every character).

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Villager's tree should grow fruit

but not bananas ;)

edit: actually, if he could spawn diddy bananas with his trees.... lol

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Villager's tree should grow fruit

but not bananas ;)

edit: actually, if he could spawn diddy bananas with his trees.... lol
Speaking of the Villager's tree.. Is it his taunt? Because it's way too slow to be any regular tilt/smash attack.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You do awesome things like taunting when your foes croak and you win over the audience and they then reward you with more murder-power.
Sounds a lot like what you could do in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door to get Star power to use a special move. If they made the crowd cheering noises come when you taunt after a kill-streak or something like that, then you obtain your Final Smash, I'd love for a system like that to be added.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Speaking of the Villager's tree.. Is it his taunt? Because it's way too slow to be any regular tilt/smash attack.
it was shown sending Mario flying to his death in one of the trailers. Taunts shouldn't be hitting THAT hard..

I think it is either his F smash or down special.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I'd bet on planting the tree being a b-move

and the axe being his f-smash, or the same b-move but plants a tree when there is no tree, or uses the axe when there is a tree

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'd bet on planting the tree being a b-move

and the axe being his f-smash, or the same b-move but plants a tree when there is no tree, or uses the axe when there is a tree
I actually super don't think the axe is part of his standard attack moveset. If knives and guns are avoided because children could realistically access them, a household hatchet definitely fits the bill. I think the only time we'll see the hatchet being used is as part of the special that grows the tree and then subsequently chops it down... the hatchet probably won't even have a hitbox.

The Smash Bonus option would be really cool feeling... it'd feel like you earned it by being awesome, kind of like a finishing move, and not just for winning a random minigame of "whack the floating pinata".

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm unsure how the whole tree thing works, but if i were to guess I would say it will function like Snake's remote C4 move (Down Special).

The Villager will first plant his tree and water it so it can grow into a tree. The Villager would then be able to move and attack normally, but when he goes by the tree again and presses down b again, he will begin to cut down the tree.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I think the tree is like a planning move. Like you water it and it grows, then you chop it down at JUST the right moment to hit really hard. Think Snake's Down Special except with trees and axes.

EDIT: DAMN NINJAS.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It seems like Villager is a much more tactical character since his attacks involve setting up and punishing. I guess he's the type of character you cannot be reckless with.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It seems like Villager is a much more tactical character since his attacks involve setting up and punishing. I guess he's the type of character you cannot be reckless with.

Isaac would probably have a similar playstyle.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
The Villager's tree being a special move sounds more logical than a taunt, but isn't it too slow? :ohwell:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I think the tree is like a planning move. Like you water it and it grows, then you chop it down at JUST the right moment to hit really hard. Think Snake's Down Special except with trees and axes.

EDIT: DAMN NINJAS.
Unless the Tree is even stronger than Bowser's F-smash and and extremely high in knockback, the move shouldn't take TO long to set up before the attack itself can be executed.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I really like the idea of planting trees all over the stage, getting in everyone's way. As soon as they stop to knock down the tree themselves, the Villager pops down and cuts it in twain with one swift hatchetblow.

I guess it'd be kind of an interesting smash attack, but I'm pretty sure footage made it look like the tree growing and tree cutting were separate animations.

Besides... where would charging the Smash happen? Before he swings the axe? That'd be a huge amount of starting lag, planting/watering/growing a tree.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The Villager's tree being a special move sounds more logical than a taunt, but isn't it too slow? :ohwell:
It'd presume it would be a high risk high reward attack, kind of like using Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch. Would make for a decent combo when paired up with his shovel attack.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I said this before but If the Villager works the way we think he works, i think he'll end up being one of the nastiest edge guarders in the game:

imagine your playing Fox on battlefeild and your trying to get back, and a villager user has planted a tree near the edge and he is edge hogging too.

Your pretty much screwed you can't use illusion, because the tree is blocking the path to the stage. and he can't grab the ledge if villager is already grabbing it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm guessing Villager probably is lighter than Ness and Lucas to compensate.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I really like the idea of planting trees all over the stage, getting in everyone's way. As soon as they stop to knock down the tree themselves, the Villager pops down and cuts it in twain with one swift hatchetblow.

I guess it'd be kind of an interesting smash attack, but I'm pretty sure footage made it look like the tree growing and tree cutting were separate animations.

Besides... where would charging the Smash happen? Before he swings the axe? That'd be a huge amount of starting lag, planting/watering/growing a tree.
If it's a very hard hitter, then it should have a bit of start-up lag. If it's not THAT strong and Mario was on seriously high damage when he got hit by it, then it should be easy and quick to execute, and possibly allow you to plant multiple trees. Imagine if you had several trees planted in front of one and other, then chopping down the first one in the row would give a domino effect.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
It'd presume it would be a high risk high reward attack, kind of like using Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch. Would make for a decent combo when paired up with his shovel attack.
It could be used as a great edgeguard as well. However, the move is still slow as hell... I mean, you can't even compare it's slow speed to Captain Falcon's Falcon punch, that's how slow it looks.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am guessing he can just plant one or at most two saplings at a time.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It could be used as a great edgeguard as well. However, the move is still slow as hell... I mean, you can't even compare it's slow speed to Captain Falcon's Falcon punch, that's how slow it looks.
The move didn't look that slow to me in the trailer I posted a link for, but it didn't show the full move being used.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The more I think about the nastier Villager seems to me! I might wana try him out.

If he can plant the tree and move around, he can basically set up a shield to block projectiles like lasers or fire balls.

I will assume that other charaters can attack the tree so it can topple the other direction.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The more I think about the nastier Villager seems to me! I might wana try him out.

If he can plant the tree and move around, he can basically set up a shield to block projectiles like lasers or fire balls.

I will assume that other charaters can attack the tree so it can topple the other direction.
He's definetely going to be the first character I try out, assuming he's going to be a starter.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Guys, I have a great band name.

Chrom and the Inevitables.

Genius.

"The Inevitables" actually sounds like a decent band/movie title.

The Villager seems like a beast at edge guarding. Dropping a bowling ball off the cliff already just seems... well, rude. I wonder if his slingshot will amount to anything worthwhile.

I am going to laugh so hard the first time I see Ness about to recover and the Villager just jumps off and shoves the PK Thunder into his pocket.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
The move didn't look that slow to me in the trailer I posted a link for, but it didn't show the full move being used.
It takes him quite some time to plant it. However I'm not even sure if he axes it down immediately or if you axe it down at will.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
There are quite a few bands that single out a prominent player within the bad. Such as Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, or the Nat King Cole Trio, and so on.

I see you don't want to comment on my broader implication with that statement.
Muahaha, further proof for my point.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

The Villager seems like a beast at edge guarding. Dropping a bowling ball off the cliff already just seems... well, rude. I wonder if his slingshot will amount to anything worthwhile.

I am going to laugh so hard the first time I see Ness about to recover and the Villager just jumps off and shoves the PK Thunder into his pocket.
Agreed, I imagined that happening in my head and I already laughed at it. I look forward to seeing it happen in reality.

It takes him quite some time to plant it. However I'm not even sure if he axes it down immediately or if you axe it down at will.
I don't recall seeing him plant it, where did you see this?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Oh gosh I need to make a comic about this before anyone else does.... If I were to ever get the time to.... Seriously, that's a great idea. :p

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
The bowling ball looks like it takes a while, too impractical. Methinks you're all overplaying this Villager character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom