• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Now people are saying R.O.B is getting cut.
This is just wishful thinking that merely reflects age old butthurt still left over from Brawl's release. When Brawl was first announced, people did the exact same thing with Game and Watch and the Ice Climbers. "Why should they be cut?" "Um, because they're stupid and I hate them." ... :facepalm:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Awh man. I'm totally feeling for Sakurai now. With Mewtwo probably being the most requested Nintendo character, he must see that a lot. He spent months creating that character. Every little tweak. From the moment of an idea, seeing what made him special enough to commit to as a character to add. And then he had to forget about it all for Brawl. And now he's reminded every day of that painful decision.

*Sniffle*

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Awh man. I'm totally feeling for Sakurai now. With Mewtwo probably being the most requested Nintendo character, he must see that a lot. He spent months creating that character. Every little tweak. From the moment of an idea, seeing what made him special enough to commit to as a character to add. And then he had to forget about it all for Brawl. And now he's reminded every day of that painful decision.

*Sniffle*
The funny thing is Mewtwo was planned to be playable from game one. Believe me, unless The Pokemon Company says otherwise, he'll be back.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nintendo hints at something vaguely? Well stop the presses. :troll:

Seriously though, it's good to hear some of the non-saturated Nintendo series will touch down eventually, personally I think it's only a matter of time before Metroid and Starfox for the Wii U (just a question of how much time), but I don't see actually finding out which titles are being referenced specifically for a while yet, which is a shame. Once they get their Marios and Zeldas and Pokemanz out of the way, then they'll probably be more open to discussing their other series. And for god sakes, just let Platinum work on one of them! And Shin'en because those guys are cool.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
When it comes to revivals, that's a gamble as to what that would be. The only true revivals that have shown some sort of interest in is with The Mysterious Murasame Castle and Star Fox as expressed by Kamiya from Platinum Games.

I would love The Mysterious Murasame Castle in particular to be tackled. There is some great potential to flesh out the Murasame universe.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
To help Mewtwo and Roy's case, keep in mind that the priorities are different this time around. I think most of the high priority characters that Sakurai wanted to include have all ready gotten into Brawl.

Sakurai could pull another Sonic on us (as in a very late addition that potentially could take up time/resources), however, since most of the major all-stars are in, I'm not expecting it. And really, if we do get a similar situation, I would hope the newcomer would be on par with Sonic's level (but really, who's realistically going to do that?).

I also have a theory that the SSE was a major priority. Once completed, they worked on Jiggs, Wolf, and the other late additions. However, Sonic (and all Sonic content, don't forget) became a priority, and was the cause for them disregarding Mewtwo and Roy...essentially cutting them due to time restrains. Dunno if this makes sense, since nothing's a given fact.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Honestly I hope Nintendo leaves Star Fox alone. It is an extraordinarily overrated series. Don't get me wrong I absolutely adore Star Fox 64 and even enjoyed Assault, but the way people make the series sound you'd think it was Donkey Kong Country, and its not. F-Zero should be handed over to Shin'en, period. What I want to see is my Mach Rider reboot. Curse 4chan for getting my hopes up with Mach Rider Unchained.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I want to see what they'd do with the Ice Climbers in a modern game. They gave Pit a shot and it worked. Granted Pit had a lot more potential, but it's worth a shot.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also I will say that if The Mysterious Murasame Castle does ever get a reboot from Platinum Games, don't be surprised if some elements take cues from Okami.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I want to see what they'd do with the Ice Climbers in a modern game. They gave Pit a shot and it worked. Granted Pit had a lot more potential, but it's worth a shot.

Story, bosses... Imagining an Ice Climber game as epic as Uprising is a hilarious image. :chuckle:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I've always wanted a Kid Icarus: Uprising version of Starfox. Have the on-rails Arwing combat that we have come to know & love, but also ground base combat that is similar to Ratchet & Clank. I'd say 60% Arwing combat 40% platforming laser gun fest.

F-Zero would be welcomed as well as Pokemon Snap game.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Story, bosses... Imagining an Ice Climber game as epic as Uprising is a hilarious image. :chuckle:

I imagine with the right fine tuning they could be Nintendo's fourth ''cutesy" platformer after Mario, Kirby and DK. Well, fifth if you count the sporadic Yoshi games.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I would also love to see some new IPs as well.

BTW What ever happened to Miyamoto's new IP that he was supposedly working on?
I would of at least thought we would have seen little something-something by now.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Oh man, an Ice Climber reboot...I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I've actually made a post relating to an IC reboot/remake/whatever...I'll see if I can find it.

But I'd imagine they'd keep Popo and Nana's relationship a mystery. Are they best friends or siblings? Or maybe lovers?... Fraternal twincest?? The world may never know!11! Perhaps ignorance is bliss in the twincest case.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Hey, look, The Condor appeared in a new trailer for fifteen seconds! The Condor for SSB5!!! :awesome:

The Condor... is destroying the mountains that the Ice Climbers hold dear... And it's up to you... to stop the destruction. It'll take teamwork... trust... and your love of the icy peaks... to bring the Condor and his minions down a notch. Ice Climber: Frigid Fury. Only on Nintendo 3DS. Rated E for Everyone.

:chuckle:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'd like for Ice Climber to be made into an E-Shop game similar to Harmoknight. Ice Climber isn't exactly something that could be made into a big, epic adventure but I'm sure they could make it into a 5 dollar game that has a lot of replay value.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Also I will say that if The Mysterious Murasame Castle does ever get a reboot from Platinum Games, don't be surprised if some elements take cues from Okami.
If that happened... I can't even imagine how incredible the game would be...

D

Deleted member

Looking through what people (including myself) say about Chrom being "bland", I'm starting to think that really doesn't matter.
Sakurai has a knack for turning characters that really have nothing (such as C. Falcon, Wii Fit Trainer, Zelda/Sheik, etc.) into interesting fighters. Including Marth, who is honestly more bland than Chrom, now that I think about it.
I mean, he only had what, 3 sword strikes? And then in Melee, had a whole fighting style around the sword that people loved?

Chrom has a lot more than that at the very least. Even if he has a similar appearance to Ike and uses a reforged version of Marth's sword (to be fair though, the sword now cannot be used the same way as Marth did), there's still potential there. And with Avatar/My Unit being the 2nd main character of the game, having him/her follow Chrom around to represent the Dual Attack system would also do wonders to make him less "bland".

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh man, an Ice Climber reboot...I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I've actually made a post relating to an IC reboot/remake/whatever...I'll see if I can find it.

But I'd imagine they'd keep Popo and Nana's relationship a mystery. Are they best friends or siblings? Or maybe lovers?... Fraternal twincest?? The world may never know!11! Perhaps ignorance is bliss in the twincest case.
I actually have some ideas for a hypothetical Ice Climber reboot. It would essentially be a 3D platformer that heavily encourages exploration. The "hub world" is the small village that the Ice Climbers hail (haha) from. Faced with starvation due to a ruined harvest, Popo and Nana set off to locate a proper source of vegetables. Naturally, they scale mountains to find them. The mountains range in size, but the gamepkay goes more in depth, requiring the players to set up camps in case of blizzards, building fires in case of really cold nights, etc., incorporating some RTS characteristics similar to Pikmin. Upon each successful mission, you return more veggies to the villagers, who reward you with Hammer/Parka/Boot upgrades, etc. Second player controls Nana. Boss fights can include the Condor, the polar bear, and a giant Topi (but more like a traditional abominable snowman. Just a few ideas. I'm surprised they didn't get a WiiWare game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I actually have some ideas for a hypothetical Ice Climber reboot. It would essentially be a 3D platformer that heavily encourages exploration. The "hub world" is the small village that the Ice Climbers hail (haha) from. Faced with starvation due to a ruined harvest, Popo and Nana set off to locate a proper source of vegetables. Naturally, they scale mountains to find them. The mountains range in size, but the gameplay goes more in depth, requiring the players to set up camps in case of blizzards, building fires in case of really cold nights, etc., incorporating some RTS characteristics similar to Pikmin. Upon each successful mission, you return more veggies to the villagers, who reward you with Hammer/Parka/Boot upgrades, etc. Second player controls Nana. Boss fights can include the Condor, the polar bear, and a giant Topi (but more like a traditional abominable snowman. Just a few ideas. I'm surprised they didn't get a WiiWare game.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I actually have some ideas for a hypothetical Ice Climber reboot. It would essentially be a 3D platformer that heavily encourages exploration. The "hub world" is the small village that the Ice Climbers hail (haha) from. Faced with starvation due to a ruined harvest, Popo and Nana set off to locate a proper source of vegetables. Naturally, they scale mountains to find them. The mountains range in size, but the gamepkay goes more in depth, requiring the players to set up camps in case of blizzards, building fires in case of really cold nights, etc., incorporating some RTS characteristics similar to Pikmin. Upon each successful mission, you return more veggies to the villagers, who reward you with Hammer/Parka/Boot upgrades, etc. Second player controls Nana. Boss fights can include the Condor, the polar bear, and a giant Topi (but more like a traditional abominable snowman. Just a few ideas. I'm surprised they didn't get a WiiWare game.

I'd buy this game and make sweet love to it.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'd like for Ice Climber to be made into an E-Shop game similar to Harmoknight. Ice Climber isn't exactly something that could be made into a big, epic adventure but I'm sure they could make it into a 5 dollar game that has a lot of replay value.

If the game played like the original, yeah the eshop would be its place. But creating an Ice Climbers world that's played in a three-dimensional manner, like KI -> KI: U, would surely be a charming and fun experience. Like Croph, I would buy such a game with no hesitation.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Whoops. Sorry for that Double Post. I'm on my 3DS, so it won't let me edit it.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Whoa, you and me think alike. Yeah, I really like the 3D platformer open world idea. And imagine if you could ride polar bears :O That'd be too funny. See, they can go anywhere with Ice Climber really.

Here's a little blurb I wrote some time ago:

Anyway...I'd really love an Ice Climber sequel or remake. It doesn't even have to be similar to the original (like Uprising), as long as there's main themes in it (yeah, I'm desperate for anything). Like perhaps some sort of 3D mountainous platforming game, relying heavily on teamwork for survival. Throw in a lot of ice, and cool weapons/powers to defend yourself from enemies...I'd buy a game like that. And damn, every time when I think of a modernized Ice Climber, I think of this scene from CoD MW2.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
How about a Gyromite remake?
I'm serious, I actually thought that the original Gyromite was a good idea, it just wasn't executed properly. I'm sure Nintendo can build a much better ROB now than the version they made 28 years ago.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Whoa, you and me think alike. Yeah, I really like the 3D platformer open world idea. And imagine if you could ride polar bears :O That'd be too funny. See, they can go anywhere with Ice Climber really.

Here's a little blurb I wrote some time ago:
:0 Wow, great minds do think alike. Maybe we could create a full game concept after, um..."Project:Story Book" is over. ;) But yeah, I think a series like Ice Climber has a lot of untapped potential.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
This discussion... Is incredible. I love using the Ice Climbers, heck, I even enjoy the NES game quite a bit. Seeing a sequel that takes it to a grand scale would be amazing.

@Oasis: New idea. The Ice Climbers have ventured out to search for the fabled "Infinite Glacier", told to them through stories that they have heard since they were little. :chuckle:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Infinite Glacier could be their Water Temple, but it'd have the best vegetables with the most rewarding bonuses.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Regarding to the Chrom statement above.

...He's still ****ing boring.

That is all.
No more so than Roy. Red hair instead of blue does not an interesting character make.

Anna would be a better inclusion than either Roy or Chrom, but we won't get her.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Would play hypothetical Ice Climber game. Would play hard. Personally I think it would be interesting if you could choose between Popo and Nana, who each have some unique minor skill or something just to add variety and increase replayability. Ofc there would still be multiplayer as well.

[collapse=Would buy. Would play. Would beat. Would demand sequel.]
[/collapse]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom