• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Not sure why since I'm not the one making the game?

Anyhoo, there are also rumors stemming from the Wii U debug menu thread on NeoGAF that Nintendo will be making some game announcements on the tenth of December. This means it will probably be a Nintendo Direct of some kind. Either way this all makes sense. We already know Nintendo has planned on showing more content after the launch of the Wii U. December would be the best time to do so as the Wii U will be available in just about every major region.
Because you made me far more excited at the prospect of a new YI, silly! :p

yani

Smash Lord
RUMOR ALERT:

Namco-Bandai is working with Sakurai to get a fully working demo at E3 for Smash Bros. Sakurai really took to heart the complaints about the single player game and the online game. He is solving this by making the single player very deep this time done by the Tales series people and is planning to have a Network Beta of the game for download the day of Nintendo’s E3 show. This way they can beta test online for about one year before they ship the game.
Source

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
RUMOR ALERT:

Source
Bout time we got another rumor. Well, another plausible rumor. :smirk:

I'd love for this to be true, and nothing about really screams false, but we won't know until E3, which is still quite a while away, unless Sakurai directly says something before then. The only thing questionable is that like seven months prior, they've already got a plan on what to show. Though I guess that means the game is further in development than some of us thought, which, if true, is great.

Plus, that beta testing for one year sounds lovely. Good way to work out the kinks, plus gives a rough estimate of a release time (though that could be another questionable aspect).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Whoa, whoa, wait up ya *******s, are you telling me we may very well be getting ourselves a year long free location test? Though, I do question if a year long beta testing is in the best interest of the game.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Also, reading through the entire article, it seems that either this is fake, or someone very very (very) high up in the game industry, who knows what almost every major publisher is up to months (or years) in advance, is leaking info, which seems fairly unlikely.

Though, if it really is a month old, like claimed, a few of the things stated have become rumors since then, like Yoshi's Land U and the Revelations port. All and all, there's just so much here, I can't take it with more than a huge grain of salt. Love the Nintendo stuff though. ;)

yani

Smash Lord
While nothing is confirmed, I think it holds some weight. A majority of it makes complete sense (new Mario / Zelda at e3 to hype their console, new Yoshi Land, Resident evil stuff, Donkey Kong Land Returns, Retro doing Metroid, Smash is bound to be at e3, Nintendo making exclusive deals similar to the Bayonetta 2 stint, Fatal Frame (since Nintny now co-owns it), etc) and PSABR did have an online beta so the idea of it isn't too crazy, you know? Still a rumor though. If true, Nintendo wins my money as always ;)

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Except for Yoshi, I'm positive it's fake, not that I'd like it to be wrong. Having access to all of the Big 3 and the largest 3rd party developers plans is ridiculous, there ain't no one in the industry with that kind of access.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Still, a year long beta test, while ambitious, would not be good for them in the long run. You might as well have the game out and then do a patch a year into the game. Seems like a two week beta would be more practical.

@---
Not if you're the Yatagarasu, the stealer of truth!

yani

Smash Lord
A year would definitely be way too long, so I have my doubts with that for sure. This seems more of an educated guess type thing. We've seen Nintendo put up eShop demos right after their Nintendo Directs, so again, it isn't too out there.. where are the Nintendo Ninjas when you need them?

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Yeah but eShop demos are for people interested in a game to try out a small portion of a FINISHED PRODUCT and decide whether they want to buy or not. A beta demo testing is to balance the game, find bugs, glitches and other not so fun stuff before completing the final product.

EDIT: Unless you're Superbot and even the final product has glitches and crap like that , lol.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I know it's fake, but goddamn, I'm drooling over the aspect of a deep single player experience that is being influenced by the Tales guys.

But yeah, year long beta isn't gonna happen.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
where are the Nintendo Ninjas when you need them?
Nintendo only usually sends the ninjas in when they themselves or another official source has accidently leaked something, not when some minor website posts a rumor. While almost undoubtedly fake due to sheer scope of the rumor, we probably won't know for sure until the first thing that actually contradicts what's on here comes out. :ohwell:

Not that anyone should get their hopes up for this anyway. Like I did before I read the rest of it. :laugh:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Aww, whether it's fake or not, that rumour has basically summed up in to words what i think we'd all want for the game, except not sure about Beta testing.

but I mean the single player and balancing issues... I think we can all agree that'd be incredible. oh well.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I dunno about that rumor. Never heard of that site before.

Still, I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing plenty of top level things be introduced between now and E3, although Nintendo usually doesn't go all-in at E3 that much, since they're so picky about when to show their cards, and some of the stuff that the rumor says makes some sense.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I dunno about that rumor. Never heard of that site before.
The website has had rumors in the past that have wound up being fake, so chances are this is in line with their reputation. Just because there is a multitude of information does not make it any more believable than if it were just a couple of items.

Besides, it's funny how they list Yoshi's Island Wii U several days after the Future Shop/Best Buy listings were posted online. Why not before? Just saying.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't believe in the rumor. It's not even spring and I've noticed in the past that the more detailed and specific a rumor is the more likely it's fake. But it's a good read.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, that's...something, at least. Most definitely fake, but we got a good conversation piece, here.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be surprised, however, is some of the rumor is true, mainly because there are so many predictions. The quantity means at least some stuff will be right I mean, I could just as easily make a bunch of predictions (many of these are the same as what he said):

-There will be a new generation of Pokemon games on the 3DS revealed sometime in the 2013, but the actual game won't be out until late 2014 in Japan and perhaps not until 2015 in the west. It'll be in 3D and the graphic style will be similar to the Colosseum games. To bridge the gap, there will be a "Pokemon Grey" for the DS (to put a final knot on Unova) in 2013/2014 and maybe a bare-bones "Pokemon Stadium/Colosseum" style game for the 3DS that will introduce the graphic engine but wouldn't have a story mode or anything.
-A new Mario game will be revealed by the end of E3.
-A new Yoshi game will be revealed in the coming months.
-There will be SSB4 trailer at E3, but it'll be almost entirely pre-rendered and have little to no in-game footage.
-There will be old episodes of the Super Mario, Pokemon, Donkey Kong and Kirby on TVii within the next year. Captain N, the few episodes of F-Zero that were dubbed into English, and the old "EXCUSE ME, PRINCESS" Zelda cartoons won't be.
-Retro is working on a Metroid game.
-The Mother Series still won't be brought to western shores, because the video game gods hate me.
-A 3DS remake of Majora's Mask will be made.
-Mario Kart U will be out by the end of 2013. Mid-2014 at the latest.
-There will be a second Nintendo Land.
-Reggie will create a meme next E3.

I'll probably have just as good a rate as the rumor.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
^pic doesn't work for me

To bridge the gap, there will be a "Pokemon Grey" for the DS (to put a final knot on Unova) in 2013/2014
I think Black2/White2 pretty much satisfied any need and chance for a Grey version.

-There will be old episodes of the Super Mario, Pokemon, Donkey Kong and Kirby on TVii within the next year. Captain N, the few episodes of F-Zero that were dubbed into English, and the old "EXCUSE ME, PRINCESS" Zelda cartoons won't be.
For various licensing, logistical, and priority reasons/issues, I doubt it.

-The Mother Series still won't be brought to western shores, because the video game gods hate me.
This is assuming(?) a new Mother game, even a remake, is released in Japan. It wouldn't be much of a prediction otherwise.

-A 3DS remake of Majora's Mask will be made.
Perhaps, but I predict an original 3DS Zelda beforehand.

-There will be a second Nintendo Land.
Better have a Starfox attraction this time. :glare:

-Reggie will create a meme next E3.
He just made one last year, give him a break! :awesome:

The rest seem pretty plausible.

I predict Nintendo will try to milk NSAF's popularity at E3 again this year. ;)

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It does my heart good to see some of you still discussing this game despite nothing having been thrown your way all this time. It's impressive.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
This place would be exploding if there was actual new information floating around.
The one good scene in the Super Mario Bros. movie involves a Bob-Bomb walking around, and everybody just kind of losing their mind out of panic.

A similar thing will happen if any new real info comes around. We'll be, like: "New Info! New Info! OMG NEW INFO! WHAT DO YOU WE DO WITH THIS!?!!"

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm not sure how many of you already know about this, or even if it is that important, but earlier in the month Sakurai linked to a Japanese website that ranked the characters in the Super Smash Bros series by popularity among males. Sakurai went on to ask something further, to which people just retorted the characters they used. Doubt this is anything significant, but it is kind of neat to look through. Certainly more than information than I have right now.

EDIT: Apparently the survey was about 391 males, and the results were as follows:

1. Mario 39.1%
  2. Kirby 19.7%
  3. Link 12.3%
  4. Ness 10.7%
  5. Metaknight 10.5%
  6. Samus 6 6.7%
  7. Luigi 7 4.3%
  8. Pikachu 7 4.3%
  9. Yoshi 4.1%
  10. Falcon 3.8%
Runner Up - Donkey 3.4%
Runner Up - Snake 3.0%

http://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/264954239212740609

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I like how, sans MK, the top ten consists entirely of characters from Smash 64.

I found something rather funny on Sakurai's Twitter just now from last month. It's one of the three alternate covers for the Vita version of SFxTK. By the way, the VITA version bombed big time, probably Capcom's just deserts.
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/261129768567721986/photo/1

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I like how, sans MK, the top ten consists entirely of characters from Smash 64.
Pretty much. Bar Metaknight, and Solid Snake rounding the runner up category, everyone else is from the original game. I think that is a pretty good indication that Sakurai isn't going to be kicking out the original eight, much to the chagrin of the anti-Jigglypuff crowd.

Lol, someone responding to Sakurai's page is salty about Mewtwo and Roy. Not sure what specifically, but something pertaining to them.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I wonder why a large portion of the men play as Mario. Isn't Mario usually the character that is overlooked in Super Smash Bros. by a lot of people?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This is where the game's crossover nature really comes into play. A lot of people may like these characters, but they may not play them from whatever reason, be it that they suck which actually happens to be a lot of the characters in that list. Even then, it's not unheard of to like a character, but not play them. Mind you that the sample is rather small for something like this.

I always liked Fox, but I couldn't play him in Brawl. Same goes with others like Peach I like too.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I wonder why a large portion of the men play as Mario. Isn't Mario usually the character that is overlooked in Super Smash Bros. by a lot of people?
From what I've been able to gather, a lot of the people are playing as each character more so for the characters themselves and less because of how they play.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
From what I've been able to gather, a lot of the people are playing as each character more so for the characters themselves and less because of how they play.
There's also this too. This actually the case for me in a lot of games. Even if they're nerfed, I'll still play them.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
There's also this too. This actually the case for me in a lot of games. Even if they're nerfed, I'll still play them.
I think that is natural, especially in a game like Super Smash Bros that takes all of these beloved Nintendo franchises and throws them into one pot.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think that is natural, especially in a game like Super Smash Bros that takes all of these beloved Nintendo franchises and throws them into one pot.
It's probably an underlying factor as to why some people don't believe in tier lists.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I don't it's people not believing tier lists, more like not caring. Most people that play Super Smash Bros. play the game for the enjoyment of playing as their favorite Nintendo (or Sonic and Snake) character in varies scenarios fighting to the death, not worrying about advanced techniques like wavedashing or what stage is and isn't banned.

To be honest, that is why Super Smash Bros. is even famous to begin with. Every Super Smash Bros. game feels like a love letter to Nintendo fans everywhere and is a gateway to promoting varies franchise ranging from the famous Super Mario Bros. to more obscure stuff like Earthbound. In fact without Super Smash Bros, Earthbound would be very obscure, Fire Emblem would still be stuck in Japan, Kid Icarus would still be dormant, many smaller franchises would fly under the radar of many people, nobody would of been hyped when they saw Snake and Sonic together in the same game, and we wouldn't of known that Captain Falcon was such a badass.

A world without Captain Falcon blowing up entire galaxies with fire charged punches would be a depressing world.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well I can totally sympathise with both points. On one hand, i love yoshi but doubt i'd be able to play him competitively. On the other, I love the PSI kids and would never stop playing them, even if they were at the bottom of the tier list (at least in brawl ha, here's hoping Lucas makes it to SSB4!).

And N3ON is so good, someone remember that page because after 'doomsday' I get to make myself a new quote! <3

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
We're enthusiastic. No need to be :embarrass: or :urg: about that, lol.
I was mostly :urg: over the fact that it has been almost six months without info, and it could very well be another six until more... :urg::ohwell:
Believe me, I'm glad we have managed to keep the conversation going this long without turning into GameFAQs or something worse. :smirk:

And N3ON is so good, someone remember that page because after 'doomsday' I get to make myself a new quote! <3
:laugh:;)
I wonder what exorbitant number of posts we'll get to before the actual first trailer is out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom