• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm actually learning Japanese by myself. Besides a few words, I can read hiragana and some katakana, but it's still going to be a long way until I can really understand the language.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
It's literally been years, but I'm back, y'all! Can't wait to join in on the classic SSB anticipation fun again.

Welcome back to the fray!

... yeah, why are there so many guests reading this stuff? It's so chaotic, I feel like I'd only want to read the thread specific things, not this 478 page monstrosity.

I dunno, the rumor sounds fairly reasonable, all things considered. It is a pretty big feat to predict both Villager and WFT. I personally was rather sure that we'd see Little Mac in the reveal, and he does seem to be favoring new franchises. It does seem like a lot of newcomers to reveal at the beginning, though... but, hey, I wouldn't be sad to see more newcomers.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
In terms of popularity of FE characters on my poll:

Roy > Chrom > Lyn > Lucina > Anna > Black Knight > Tharja

There's a big gap between roy and Lyn, Lucina and Anna, and Anna and everyone else

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Nothing yet? I know that we just got the big bombshell yesterday, but if there are still three characters to be revealed over the course of E3, we're kind of cutting it close, right?
Doesn't E3 end tomorrow?
Which is what puzzles me. It's certainly fathomable that they might hold all three remaining characters back for the last day, but why do that when you can build hype across all three days following your announcement?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Same here. The visuals for both systems look really charming and warm in comparison to Melee and Brawl, much more like Smash 64. Gameplay-wise so far it looks like Sakurai has gotten rid of tripping and finally found that medium between Melee and Brawl we've been asking for.

The funny thing is the character models are a little less detailed than in Brawl, but they are more colorful and vibrant making them "pop" more.

D

Deleted member

Same here. The visuals for both systems look really charming and warm in comparison to Melee and Brawl, much more like Smash 64. Gameplay-wise so far it looks like Sakurai has gotten rid of tripping and finally found that medium between Melee and Brawl we've been asking for.
I always been fond of the much more colorful scheme of Smash 64. Was worried that they would go for an even more realistic appearance, but I'm glad they didn't.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Edit: I never actually looked myself at what the internet has memed out of the Villager, and holy **** I can't stop laughing at simply how much there is and funny a lot of it is. :rotfl:

But... I thought we were partners... :sadeyes:
Hey don't look at me like that. :c

I just didn't think anyone would understand me.... :urg:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I strongly suspected that she'd be in, I just didn't say anything to you guys.
Yeah, I can totally see somebody guessing WFT, as unlikely as it is. It's just that in combination with the Villager, who Sakurai had seemingly deconfirmed and was also a pretty unlikely guess, which makes me inclined to lend the rumor a bit of credibility.

In hindsight, a Wii Fit rep makes a lot of sense since it's a great way for Nintendo to make the game more accessible. Plus, Wii Fit was hugely popular.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Which is what puzzles me. It's certainly fathomable that they might hold all three remaining characters back for the last day, but why do that when you can build hype across all three days following your announcement?
This is the man that unveiled Wii Fit Trainer hours after Villager and Megaman. I don't bother asking "why" anymore.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Out of false hope:

I noticed in the Developer Direct with Smash, when Smash3DS Bowser was introduced, he airdodged upwards and stopped a bit after, falling. Whether this was a perfectly timed airdodge (with the camera switching and the stop in momentum as a regular jump) or a Melee style airdodge I can't exactly figure out, but since there's been no airdodging like it so far anywhere else, including the one stage demo we had, I'm inclined to believe there's no hybrid airdodge here.

But jesus that would be a nice idea. Especially since we have had it in the past with hacks.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'm partial to Miss Fit since, well, she is a bit of a misfit, but that also works quite well.

My main reservations with the rumor are thus:
1) It did not specify the exact timetable of the reveals. Any insider would have knowledge of the reveal schedule.
2) #1 could be dismissed as simple reluctance to reveal insider status, but then why reveal yourself to be an insider to a news site?
3) Little Mac, Mega Man, the Mii, and Pac-Man are all very reasonable guesses.
4) Villager and WFT are the only unlikely guesses, and while the possibility is very remote, somebody indeed could have predicted both of them together with no knowledge of the reveal schedule.

On a much more nitpicky note, there's also the fact that he didn't specify which Wii Fit Trainer it'd be. Mostly reaching, yeah, but every detail matters when it comes to this stuff.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Just found out that Olimar is playable in the multiplayer mode for Pikmin 3. For those who care.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
A lot of people have been saying the Gerudo Desert stage on the 3DS is from Twilight Princess, but actually it is from Ocarina of Time. When you zoom out you can see the prisons in the upper left corner. Probably ripped straight from OoT3DS.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I mean it's not like Melee was THAT perfect.
As of right now, SSB4 is still in the running to becoming the worlds next top smash
Im talking strictly gameplay but yh it coulddd happen....
If Smash4 ends up being the most balanced Smash of all by far then imo i would feel that it is the best game in the series reguardless of Advance Techs.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
A lot of people have been saying the Gerudo Desert stage on the 3DS is from Twilight Princess, but actually it is from Ocarina of Time. When you zoom out you can see the prisons in the upper left corner. Probably ripped straight from OoT3DS.

Gerudo Valley in OOT and OOT3D looks quite different to the version shown in SSB4, but it's the same general area. You can't normally see the horseback range and fortress in OOT, and the waterfall is perpendicular to the bridge. The rock walls are much taller and aren't cut away, either. I think the ravine is wider and deeper, too.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Speaking of stages being ripped straight out of their games:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
If Smash4 ends up being the most balanced Smash of all by far then imo i would feel that it is the best game in the series reguardless of Advance Techs.
SSB4 certainly should have good odds to be balanced at least thanks to having a dedicated team of balancers on board. Doesn't guarantee good balance, of course, but the odds are better than they were for previous games in the series during their development.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Also, she shall be called FitGirl, as not only does it sound cool, but it sounds like Hit Girl.

Badass.
No, it's going to be Miss Fit and you will like it.

Found more stuff on Deviant Art. She and Villager are going to be the next Ike and Capt. Falcon at this rate.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
As of right now it has:
  • The game looks faster
  • No sign of tripping
  • Refined movesets (Bowser just may be a threat this time around)
  • Less Floaty
So there still is potential.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's not IF the game will be the most balanced game. Not if, IT IS.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
No, it's going to be Miss Fit and you will like it.

Found more stuff on Deviant Art. Her and Villager are going to be the next Ike and Capt. Falcon at this rate.
They've certainly got a lot of steam, but to be fair they are kind of the only game in town at the moment.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
As of right now it has:
  • The game looks faster
  • No sign of tripping
  • Refined movesets (Bowser just may be a threat this time around)
  • Less Floaty
So there still is potential.
All of that stuff is hugely positive for me as i am a Bowser Main.

Also cant wait to see Captain Falcon's Six pac in 1080p !!!! LMFAO.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Speaking of stages being ripped straight out of their games:
Ripping assets straight from games is nothing new for stages. If you look back at Brawl, many of the Gamecube inspired stages were taken from their respective stages. It's not that hard if hackers can do it too. That's also why I think we will see more disassociated stages like Smashville pre-Villager and Hanenbow.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What irrefutable evidence you have. :smirk:

How did you come up with such conclusions? From the trailers and footage from a game still in development? :smirk:

Namco's Tekken team > Sakurai alone in terms of balancing an entire game.

That's all the evidence I need.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Namco's Tekken team > Sakurai alone in terms of balancing an entire game.

That's all the evidence I need.
Even so, there might be some slip ups. You just neeeever know... :evil::smirk:

(I'm joking and making snide remarks for the lulz. :troll: I honestly believe that, with a bigger team working on the game, Smash 4 will be a great game in many aspects.)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Anything is possible and you know that...wasent Megamans D-Smash doing 40+ damage or something PeePz were complaining about?
I was taken back by it myself, but when I look back at some of these Melee videos and see Peach's down smash do 64% in one go, then this doesn't seem all that new.

Factor in the Megaman's Smash' moves are kept in check with a cool down mechanic, and all of a sudden it seems like it won't be broken at all.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Even so, there might be some slip ups. You just neeeever know... :evil::smirk:

(I'm joking and making snide remarks for the lulz. :troll: I honestly believe that, with a bigger team working on the game, Smash 4 will be a great game in many aspects.)
No doubt i agree but lets stay open minded and not lose our minds....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom