• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I have to ask this since it's on my mind: is it just me, or did anyone else like the SSB4 theme much better than Brawl's? It reminded me a lot of Melee's theme, which is probably a large reason why I like it as much as I do.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I was taken back by it myself, but when I look back at some of these Melee videos and see Peach's down smash do 64% in one go, then this doesn't seem all that new.

Factor in the Megaman's Smash' moves are kept in check with a cool down mechanic, and all of a sudden it seems like it won't be broken at all.
Yeah, Peach's Dsmash did 40% reliably. Other characters had means to deal with it. Such a powerful move is unlikely to survive into release, but even if it does it hardly catapults Megaman to S tier.

Worrying about specific numbers for balance right now is basically pointless anyways.

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
I have to ask this since it's on my mind: is it just me, or did anyone else like the SSB4 theme much better than Brawl's? It reminded me a lot of Melee's theme, which is probably a large reason why I like it as much as I do.
I don't think anything can top Brawl's theme. That was just epic and it still gives me chills to this day.

I do agree that SSB4's theme reminds me a bit of Melee's.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559

IMO Brawl tried too hard to make its main theme sound "epic" or whatever.

Melee's theme STILL gets me hyped to this day.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I don't think anything can top Brawl's theme. That was just epic and it still gives me chills to this day.

I do agree that SSB4's theme reminds me a bit of Melee's.

I love the composer of Brawl's theme, Nobuo Uematsu, but I really didn't like the Brawl theme. It felt really repetitive in an odd way and like it was trying too hard.

I do like the music in the trailer... do we know for sure that's the theme music for the new Smash?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anything is possible and you know that...wasent Megamans D-Smash doing 40+ damage or something PeePz were complaining about?
More like 50% but it was charged and from the looks of it it's fairly easy to DI out of.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Personally I like them all about the same, none of them, however, IMO beat Melee's Menu 1 theme which I personally take as the main theme for the entire series in general.

Not normally one for posting random pics, but with this I just couldn't resist:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think we're all pretty confident at this point that Sm4sh's opening will be all original material unlike Brawl's.

now, for some reason, I can't help but think of Tag 2's opening theme.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
IMO Brawl tried too hard to make its main theme sound "epic" or whatever.

Melee's theme STILL gets me hyped to this day.

The theme really did feel forced in some ways. This new theme sounds more adventurous and less like I should be preparing for a fight with Sephiroth. Don't get me wrong, by no means was it bad, but I just like this one better.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The theme really did feel forced in some ways. This new theme sounds more adventurous and less like I should be preparing for a fight with Sephiroth. Don't get me wrong, by no means was it bad, but I just like this one better.

I agree 100%. Now that I listen to Brawl's theme again it sounds like something that belongs in a Skyrim trailer.

D

Deleted member

Personally I like them all about the same, none of them, however, IMO beat Melee's Menu 1 theme which I personally take as the main theme for the entire series in general.

Not normally one for posting random pics, but with this I just couldn't resist:

A Mega MAN wouldn't scream in fear at the sight of a challenge, he'd kick his ***.

WHERE'S OUR MEGA MAN WHEN YOU NEED HIM?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Brawl's opening was great, but you simply can't beat Melee's.

Brawl did a better job with music in every other department, of course, and I'm looking forward to even more in-depth music options for SSB4.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Thought this was funny:
Just to reiterate how nobody predicted Wii Fit Trainer, she's not even in that SSB fan roster maker program, and that thing has the ******* Flipnote Frog.

Brawl's opening was great, but you simply can't beat Melee's.
Brawl did a better job with music in every other department, of course, and I'm looking forward to even more in-depth music options for SSB4.
I sincerely hope Sakurai improves upon My Music.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
By the way, who was it that wanted less... platformy stages. Stages that felt more apart of an environment. Because Sakurai did not hear you one bit.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
By the way, who was it that wanted less... platformy stages. Stages that felt more apart of an environment. Because Sakurai did not hear you one bit.
That was me. Well, Gerudo Valley is a start. Sure, those hood things weren't ever there, but I'll take it.

D

Deleted member

What I'd really like to Sakurai to do is to include the ability to add custom music. That idea is awesome beyond all beliefs.

I want to be able to play this theme with a battle between Samus, Mega Man, Mewtwo, and Ridley (should the latter two become playable).

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide

I really, really, REALLY hope that they let you have more music in the online lobby. 6 Years of the same song over and over, it's literally played during one of my nightmares.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What I'd really like to Sakurai to do is to include the ability to add custom music. That idea is awesome beyond all beliefs.

I want to be able to play this theme with a battle between Samus, Mega Man, Mewtwo, and Ridley (should the latter two become playable).
How about this on Dr. Wily's Castle?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Also, is that Yellow Devil fellow supposed to be a stage hazard for Wily's Castle? I wonder if other bosses would appear as well, lol.

At first I thought it seemed ADVENTURE MODEY, but I mean, he's right there on the stage.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Also, is that Yellow Devil fellow supposed to be a stage hazard for Wily's Castle? I wonder if other bosses would appear as well, lol.

At first I thought it seemed ADVENTURE MODEY, but I mean, he's right there on the stage.
I'm going to say stage hazard for now. If any other bosses were to show up, it'll probably be that dragon mech from MM2.

D

Deleted member

Probably; not that I expected a third-party boss to occur in the first place.

Oh boy is the Yellow Devil going to be a pain to deal with. If only we had the pause trick, if only...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm going to say stage hazard for now. If any other bosses were to show up, it'll probably be that dragon mech from MM2.
I was actually really hoping for that, if only so I could take a picture of Ridley and that dragon fighting Samus and Mega Man, lol.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It looks like Sakurai is going to to be re-posting the same screens that are on the Samsh4 site. He just posted the Megaman art by Ryuji Higurashi 1 hour ago on Miiverse.
This is going to take a while before he starts posting new pics...:urg:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It looks like Sakurai is going to to be re-posting the same screens that are on the Samsh4 site. He just posted the Megaman art by Ryuji Higurashi 1 hour ago on Miiverse.
This is going to take a while before he starts posting new pics...:urg:
Tomorrow's the last day of E3. Nintendo can go out with a bang revealing three more newcomers. Just saying.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I love that the least-wanted characters from casual games are actually overshadowing the most-wanted newcomer's hype and are generating memes.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Probably; not that I expected a third-party boss to occur in the first place.

Oh boy is the Yellow Devil going to be a pain to deal with. If only we had the pause trick, if only...
The Yellow Devil appeared on Mega Men's stage though, this made me wonder if it was some sort of Classic Mode Boss.
I mean what if each playable character had their own unique boss that they had to fight at the end of Classic Mode, kind of how each Soul Calibur character had a destined battle at the end of the arcade mode.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I guess. I'm really bummed that it wasn't a boss, also seems random for a stage hazard but whatever. Not sure exactly what it'll do since in the trailer it's infamous entrance attack didn't do anything.

Kinda surprised they're using Crash Man platforms on that stage, but man, if they overlook the Magnet Blocks I'm going to be majorly disappointed.

D

Deleted member

Tomorrow's the last day of E3. Nintendo can go out with a bang revealing three more newcomers. Just saying.
Kinda hoping he does so I can start out Rate Their Chance and my spiritual successor to Wiseguy's thread knowing that Pac-Man, Little Mac and Mii are in. Seems kinda pointless to rate them when we already practically know they're in.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
@Starpheonix I really hope your right.

But as of right now he has been re-posting the same pics that have been on the site right now in the Miiverse community. If he posts 1 pic a day of the existing images we already have, we are looking at 4 months of known screens before we'll see anything new LOL!

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
The Yellow Devil appeared on Mega Men's stage though, this made me wonder if it was some sort of Classic Mode Boss.
I mean what if each playable character had their own unique boss that they had to fight at the end of Classic Mode, kind of how each Soul Calibur character had a destined battle at the end of the arcade mode.
That would be sweet

and does samus seem shorter anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom