• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm not liking her either, but am trying my best. And these pictures help me a lot. :laugh:

Sexiest character in Smash so far:

Dat duckface.

I see Villager as a homicidal maniac and Miss Fit as a good natured troll.

What if our Awakening character is Tharja?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
We'll just end up with another Smash if we keep adding franchises :rotfl:

EDIT: Ninja'd :c

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Tharja's real popular, but not quite popular enough to beat out Chrom, Lucina, or MU. If Sakurai wants to represent Awakening heavily she might be an assist trophy. A normal trophy or sticker for her is highly likely, at the very least.

Plus, Smash tends to take only protagonists, main villains, or major supporting characters, and Tharja isn't really any of those. She's no more important to the plot of Awakening than any other member of the Shepherds, and significantly less than some.

D

Deleted member

Has anyone noticed that this could very well be the best Smash game ever made? Talk about Sakurai going out with a bang if this is going to be his last game in the series.

Oh and remember when Iwata showed off Miiverse pictures of Ridley and Pac-Man in the Nintendo Direct? Ridley and Pac-Man confirmed! :troll:
After seeing the video of the battle between Mario and Mega Man, I notice that the game is faster paced than Brawl, but slower paced than Melee. What do you think about this?

Also, tripping is nowhere to be seen... Has Sakurai removed it?
Random tripping better be gone for good. That was terrible in Brawl and I don't want it to EVER come back.
In less than 24 hours it seems that most of the internet has fallen in love with the Villager and WFT. I remember supporting the Villager (I called him the Animal Crosser) way back in 2005 but stopped actively supporting him shortly before Brawl was released because virtually everyone insisted that it was a stupid character idea (what's he going to do? Use a butterfly net on people?) and that Tom Nook was a thousand times more likely. Eight years later, it's good to see that Animal Crossing got a rep and such an imaginative one too.
I wouldn't be surprised if most people secretly wanted an Animal Crossing rep to get in and just didn't see one happening. Frankly, I'm more than happy that Villager finally got added. It was a surprise and a great one at it.
As I mentioned last night, what do you think of the Mii, instead of being a "conventional" character, being a character you give moves from other characters? In other words, this is the game's answer to Create a Soul from Soul Calibur and Combot from Tekken.
That would be pretty awesome. But really being able to make an Astro Boy vs. Mega Man match would be great to see and Mii's in a way makes it possible would make me a happy camper (as if I'm not already am one with Mega Man).
I'm fine with these "wasted" characters because it wasn't like there were a whole lot of highly requested characters left. Just go through Short's polls and the top seven characters barely changed besides their positioning. Mewtwo and Ridley alone would probably shut up half of the Super Smash Bros boards across the net. What I find interesting is Sakurai is still pulling character idea from the Brawl period. Makes me curious if Geno really does have a shot this time.
This, except for Pac-Man. Never been keen on him.

As for Geno, if it weren't for Pac-Man (near) inevitable status because of the leak, I'd be arguing why that if we got a 2nd third-party character that he would have a good shot at such spot (though I would also be doubtful of a another third-party in general) because of his massive pre-Brawl popularity and being able to fit in easily in comparison to Mega Man. However, I find it heavily doubtful that w[e will get more than two new third-parties since Sakurai has expressed concern about overdoing them.
Starphoenix said:
I really think Sakurai is going to hit the fifty mark. I know what he said about balance, but that was before he had a team like Namco-Bandai helping him when he was still anticipating balancing the game primarily by himself. With a good team behind him I think we will see his eccentric drive try and fit as much as he can once again.
Then take into account that Sakurai seems a lot more enthusiastic about Smash 4 than he was in Brawl (in which he was pretty much forced to develop the game to prevent a Melee w/ online scenario) and I really think we'll be hitting the early fifties (transformation included). I'd like to think that mid fifties are possible, but that's being very optimistic.
Does anyone else feel like K. Rools chances of making the roster might be affected by the fact that he once again is not making an appearance in another donkey kong country? Why don't they make him the main antagonist of the game?! I miss those old days !!!
I wouldn't worry about that being an issue. If Mega Man with three cancelled games and a rather bleak future got into Smash, it shouldn't effect King K. Rool. A character gets by their own merits, not if they appear in recent games.
Don't forget the veterans. In total we could wind up with 18 characters revealed in the span of two days. You're right though, it indicates one of two things likely happening: the game is coming sooner than expected or there is a larger roster than we were thinking.
I'm thinking the latter (if thinking we'll be in the early fifties counts). I doubt Sakurai would want to rush the game and each game has has progressive longer developmental time. I'm expecting the game to be released in the second half of 2014 (my guess being Q4 2014).
What do you think the final number of playable characters will be? I'm guessing somewhere between 52 and 55 (this is including characters like Pokemon Trainer). Melee had 14 newcomers (5 from the start, 9 unlockable: 8 original characters, 6 clones) and Brawl had (12 from the start, 6 unlockable: 15 original characters, 3 semi-clones). My prediction is that there will be at least three characters cut too (with Snake and Lucario seeming like the most likely).
I'd be surprised if we didn't get at least fifty characters when this game gets released. I could see us getting up to fifty-three characters overall when all is said and done.
Assuming Solid Snake is gone, and everyone in Brawl returns with the additions of Megaman, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Pacman, Little Mac, and Mii; that leaves us with eight unseen newcomers. Forty-eight total.
Not counting transformation, wouldn't forty-five characters only leave us with five unseen additions left?
BTW, Smash Bros Dojo is being taken down. We should pay our respects for all the memories and memes it gave us.
I'm really going to be missing that site. I remember checking on it constantly for new updates.
My problem isn't that Sakurai cannot add that many characters as much as I don't see that many characters worth adding left, unless Sakurai is just going to go full ham and begin throwing out random characters left and right. I can only get through Mewtwo, Roy, Isaac, Palutena, Ridley, Shulk, King K. Rool and Takamaru before I have to start pulling from the air for ideas.
I'd include Dixie Kong in that group. She seems likely to get in this game.
I'm actually more excited about the veterans more than the newcomers right now. If more characters receive the same treatment that Bowser and Pit did, then I will be very happy. Just give Ganondorf his magic ball attack. Heck, even Sakurai's shout out to Mewtwo at the Pokémon round table yesterday gives me hope he'll be improved should he return.
I'm also hoping that if Sonic returns that he'll have a less bland move set than he did in Brawl. With more timing they could to a ton of things to make Sonic's re-inclusion welcomed.
I honestly don't think Wolf's going to stick around. Of the people currently on the hypothetical chopping block (most people argue Lucas, Lucario, Wolf, Ike, and Snake), he seems the most expendable given his moveset. We basically have two semi-clones of Fox as it stands anyways.
Wolf is only five moves away from being unique. It's not impossible for Wolf to become completely unique the next time around.
If megaman made it in then Geno can too. Just saying. Anyway, dlc is a bad idea because it would make the game enormous and bloated. There would be way too much to do about balancing, and, while i wouldmlove to see all the characters i want to see, i realize that a limited cast is part of what makes a fighting game interesting. I also think that the 3ds version would not be able to hold a ton of characters even if they were downloadable. While dlc would be fun, i think the only stuff we would see would be stages and items.
I don't think Mega Man and Geno's scenario can be compared, unless Sakurai is relying heavily on the Brawl poll. Plus I highly doubt he will add more than two third-parties and we already have Mega Man and (likely) Pac-Man confirmed.I also realized we did not talk about Megaman music when he was revealed. I'm so ashamed.[/quote]I'm surprised more musics debates about which songs deserved to be in haven't come up. But yeah, I'm hoping for a ton of remixes for Mega Man.
Looks like I will continue to be a PC/Nintendo/Sony consumer. I knew there was a reason I never bothered with Microsoft.
Having to pay for online for Xbox Live was a huge turn-off to me, plus most games I want could be covered with a Wii and PS3 anyway.
Megaman music is like audible crack. Makes me wonder what all they'll pick. Hopefully they will give us some diversity. I like my 8-bit tunes, but please do throw in a couple of bones for us Megaman X and Megaman Battle Network guys.
Blaze Heatnix remixed would be absolutely sick to see.
I am never buying a computer from Microsoft again. Makes me feel kind of dirty that I bought a laptop October of last year.
I never really got the whole fear of a character being replaced. Honestly such a thing is even more disrespectful to the characters and fanbases in question than being cut due to time like Roy and Mewtwo were. Both Ike & Chrom as well as any other replacement fears deserve better, and I really doubt that Sakurai is that cruel.
And yes there are semi-clones but that's beside the point/a whole different argument to be made, and Young & Toon Link are exact same character (Child Link) anyway.
I honestly don't see anyone getting replaced at this point, outside of maybe Toon Link. Lucario and Ike are not nearly as expendable as most people think and recentness is a pretty crappy reason to replace characters.
Is Sakurai going to accept Travis?
Please no. Two new third-parties is enough, we don't need to overstock third-parties into the game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DK / Metroid / StarFox / F Zero crossover would work so crazy good, it'd be game of the universe in an instant.

Minecarting through space orbits, racing F Zero racers, then crasing into jungles and caverns, fighting Space Pirates, TIkis, Kremlings, Ridley, K.Rool and Andross on foot. Launching into space with Rocket Barrels and Arwings invading forsaken space stations on foot missions, collecting power ups, Hero Coins, and F-Zero racing parts. With costumisable race karts. Kongs riding animal buddies, able to fight F-Zero racers as mercenaries to earn coins to buy missile upgrades or stronger laser weapons or jungle technology. And of coarse, a full race mode based on F-Zero and Diddy Kong Racing's gameplay.

Playable characters;

DK, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Fox, Falco, Krystal, Captain Falcon, Samus and Zero Suit Samus.

Each with unique gameplay, abilities, strenghts and weaknesses.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Dat duckface.

I see Villager as a homicidal maniac and Miss Fit as a good natured troll.

Oooh, Miss Fit... That's good. I've been trying to figure out what short name we should start using that won't get confused with WTF or Pokemon Trainer.

And if our Awakening character is Tharja, we-- wait. No, keep that sorta talk in the Fire Emblem thread! :p

What if the Space Pirates conquered the Kong world and incorporated the Kremlings into their Space Army? I'm pretty sure we'd all like see Ridley and K.Rool leading an army of crocodilian minions. (and, whatever, Andross and Star Wolf can come too. :D)

... this could just be SSB4's story. :p

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Nothing new on the Miiverse forum yet except he talks about how every newcomer will have a custom picture posted on the site to celebrate their addition.
That sounds pretty dang awesome. Here's hoping we'll also get CGI trailers for each newcomer as well. I need a Little Mac trailer with a Doc Louis cameo before I can be truly satisfied.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Has anyone noticed that this could very well be the best Smash game ever made? Talk about Sakurai going out with a bang if this is going to be his last game in the series.
You're not alone, I'm really beginning to think this is going to wind up being better than Brawl. Something about it just feels right. Maybe it's the faster gameplay (strangely the 3DS version seems faster than the Wii U)?
Oh and remember when Iwata showed off Miiverse pictures of Ridley and Pac-Man in the Nintendo Direct? Ridley and Pac-Man confirmed! :troll:Random tripping better be gone for good. That was terrible in Brawl and I don't want it to EVER come back.
Hmm?
I wouldn't be surprised if most people secretly wanted an Animal Crossing rep to get in and just didn't see one happening. Frankly, I'm more than happy that Villager finally got added. It was a surprise and a great one at it.
Yep, that would me. I really wanted an Animal Crossing character but thought because of that interview that there was a 0% chance of happening. Boy how things change!

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Nah.
Also, typing Wii Fit Trainer into google images is immediately... wow.
I giggled a bit when I saw people saying "man I can't imagine how much rule 34 she'll have when the game releases."

People always underestimate the ridiculous productivity of internet dwellers when it comes to creating and distributing rule 34.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What if the Space Pirates conquered the Kong world and incorporated the Kremlings into their Space Army? I'm pretty sure we'd all like see Ridley and K.Rool leading an army of crocodilian minions. (and, whatever, Andross and Star Wolf can come too. :D)

This would fit into the crossover story nicely!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I giggled a bit when I saw people saying "man I can't imagine how much rule 34 she'll have when the game releases."

People always underestimate the ridiculous productivity of internet dwellers when it comes to creating and distributing rule 34.
In the end, the Internet is for pr0n. :troll:

Also, front view trollface is the best thing ever. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Nothing yet? I know that we just got the big bombshell yesterday, but if there are still three characters to be revealed over the course of E3, we're kind of cutting it close, right?
Doesn't E3 end tomorrow?

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
It's literally been years, but I'm back, y'all! Can't wait to join in on the classic SSB anticipation fun again.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nothing yet? I know that we just got the big bombshell yesterday, but if there are still three characters to be revealed over the course of E3, we're kind of cutting it close, right?
Doesn't E3 end tomorrow?
Why should these rumors be taken seriously? I don't expect any newcomers for a while myself actually.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Does anyone here know japanese, and frequent japanese sites? Looking for help distributing my japanese poll ~

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I find it strange how Sakurai has not give out more information pertaining to Smash 4 particularly the differences between the two versions. Since yesterday, Sakurai has been completely quiet on Smash 4.

Also, curious if we will get Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii later this week since someone supposedly leaked Mega Man, Villager, and WFT a day or two before E3.

I think after Pac-Man, there is a good chance that he will be our last third-party newcomer for this game, especially if Snake and Sonic return. Kind of pessimistic on Snake's return.
Sakurai is probably busy enjoying E3 and getting ready for his flight back, I don't blame the man for being mortal. Whether or not we get the characters this week will be interesting, but in all likelihood their reveals will probably be spaced out.

As for third party characters... Don't be surprised if Level5 or SquareEnix manages to sneak their way into the game. I've told you all for almost a year about Dragon Quest, and I'm still standing by everything I've said. Otherwise I agree. Megaman, Pacman and Sonic the Hedgehog. Coincidentally, Megaman has ties to both of them.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Good god... the Miiverse community is so annoying... 3/4ths of the posts are from 13 year olds begging for random characters and asking Sakurai questions despite Sakurai explicitly explaining in one of his posts that he won't answer any questions asked there...

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

And the tumblr is similar. One picture of the Villager and her... I dare not even speak of what the former was doing to the latter.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Same here. The visuals for both systems look really charming and warm in comparison to Melee and Brawl, much more like Smash 64. Gameplay-wise so far it looks like Sakurai has gotten rid of tripping and finally found that medium between Melee and Brawl we've been asking for.

Oh and remember when Iwata showed off Miiverse pictures of Ridley and Pac-Man in the Nintendo Direct? Ridley and Pac-Man confirmed! :troll:
He did? If so that sounds pretty dang cool.

Honestly I thought that Miiverse looked lame, but now hearing about all of artwork, posts, and that developers use it to stay in contact with fans, I've completely changed my mind on the matter. It's especially cool that Iwata was able to acknowledge it with Earthbound for the VC and the new Art Academy.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Why should these rumors be taken seriously? I don't expect any newcomers for a while myself actually.
Probably because the source knew about Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, and Mega Man before they were unveiled. Or just happened to randomly guess WII FIT TRAINER to be announced at E3. :rolleyes:

Does anyone here know japanese, and frequent japanese sites? Looking for help distributing my japanese poll ~
You should ask Venus now that he's back.

D

Deleted member

Because
a) The poster is from NeoGAF.
b) The poster is a respected member on that forum and has not been banned.
c) He listed Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer (as well as Pac-Man, Mii, and Little Mac) as his "unlikely predictions" just hours before the first trailer was shown.

It's not a rumor.
It's a damned leak.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I strongly suspected that she'd be in, I just didn't say anything to you guys.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You should ask Venus now that he's back.

Venus is the reason this poll is finished. He's already helping, just looking for more help, since I'm pretty much unable to distribute it myself.

D

Deleted member

You're not alone, I'm really beginning to think this is going to wind up being better than Brawl. Something about it just feels right. Maybe it's the faster gameplay (strangely the 3DS version seems faster than the Wii U)?
Already we're seeing Namco's magic at work. For one, tripping appears to be gone, which is great. The newcomers also look great if not fantastic to play as. Mega Man looks a lot more appealing that I ever expected him to be and that is saying a lot considering how much I desired his inclusion.
Did no one noticed the :troll: ? Wasn't implying they were confirmed, just making a parody of people who take things wildly out of context.
Yep, that would me. I really wanted an Animal Crossing character but thought because of that interview that there was a 0% chance of happening. Boy how things change!
At this point, any arguments in regards to characters not working can safely be dismissed because he along with Wii Fit Trainer shows that pretty much anyone can work.
Doesn't E3 end tomorrow?
I was pretty surprised that I haven't come back to this thread for a confirmation of Pac-Man, Little Mac and Mii. I mean with this being likely our first legitimate leak, we should be hearing news soon.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Tharja's real popular, but not quite popular enough to beat out Chrom, Lucina, or MU. If Sakurai wants to represent Awakening heavily she might be an assist trophy. A normal trophy or sticker for her is highly likely, at the very least.

Plus, Smash tends to take only protagonists, main villains, or major supporting characters, and Tharja isn't really any of those. She's no more important to the plot of Awakening than any other member of the Shepherds, and significantly less than some.
Well, Miss Fit has thrown a lot of the conventions of predicting the roster. so anything goes at this point Not only that, but there is a first time for everything. Tron Bonne has never shown up in a vs. Capcom game alongside Megaman Volnutt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom