• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hmm.. I feel like the next newcomer is going to be another character that no one expected like Monita or Sebastian Tute
We just got that with Wii Fit Trainer.

Sakurai's not stupid enough to give us two in a row.

At least I hope he isn't....

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think after Pac-Man, there is a good chance that he will be our last third-party newcomer for this game, especially if Snake and Sonic return. Kind of pessimistic on Snake's return.
Agree with the first part, but what's your reasoning for Snake?

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
We just got that with Wii Fit Trainer.

Sakurai's not stupid enough to give us two in a row.

At least I hope he isn't....
Yeah you're probably right.. I want to see some more veterans Yoshi, Peach, Ness, Captain Falcon.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Hmm.. I feel like the next newcomer is going to be another character that no one expected like Monita or Sebastian Tute
Nah. If the rumour is true I think we'll see Lil Mac, then Pacman, then Mii; wanted character, less wanted but third-party important character and then "weird" character.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Agree with the first part, but what's your reasoning for Snake?
Nothing was really done with Snake on Nintendo consoles this generation aside from a port of MGS3 on the 3DS. I also don't think Kojima is interested enough to make Snake happen again, the way when he was asked why he put Snake in (he did it for his young son), sounded like he did not personally care about Snake's inclusion at that point.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Sigh*

I wish man. Well, Sakurai's favorite FE character is a swordmaster, but it doesn't seem likely. I don't think we'll be seeing new FE characters, and if we do, it'll be Roy.
I doubt we'll see Roy if we get a new FE character.

Roy won't replace Marth, because Marth is the mascot, and Roy won't replace Ike, because Ike is more popular among both Smash and FE fans and is from a more recent Smash and FE game.

That means Roy needs FE to bump to three slots to get in. However, if FE bumps to 3 slots it will most likely be due to Awakening's popularity, in which case logically an Awakening character would be the new FE rep.

Roy's still got far better chances than any other FE character not currently included besides an Awakening rep, but I think he's DLC at best.

We haven't gotten any really highly requested Nintendo reps yet. My money's on a highly requested Nintendo rep (Little Mac, Ridley, K. Rool, etc) after Miss Fit.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Roy won't replace Marth, because Marth is the mascot, and Roy won't replace Ike, because Ike is more popular among both Smash and FE fans and is from a more recent Smash and FE game.

That means Roy needs FE to bump to three slots to get in. However, if FE bumps to 3 slots it will most likely be due to Awakening's popularity, in which case logically an Awakening character would be the new FE rep.

Roy's still got far better chances than any other FE character not currently included besides an Awakening rep, but I think he's DLC at best.
Who's not to say FE can just get four slots. Also, I doubt Chrom will get in if at best he can only make him "middle of the road" between Ike and Marth, which makes no sense because Chrom is just as muscular as Ike is.

If anything I think Sakurai would go with a more unconventional character choice for representing FE13 like the My Unit or Anna since they stand out more than Chrom/Lucina in comparison to other FE characters that have already been in Smash Bros.

I think Sakurai will at the very least try to get Roy in Smash 4 due to:
1. Sakurai has a tendency to re-visit his previous/unfinished character ideas (the Villager is the latest example of this).
2. There is an extremely high demand for Roy's return.

D

Deleted member

I dunno man, Chrom and Lucina aren't very interesting fighters. I really tried to accept them, like REAL hard. But neither one really stands out to me.

Tbh, the most interesting candidate with a decent shot, is Lyn, but she's kinda missed her boat. Thus the only reasonable option with a decent chance is Roy.

I mean, if given a choice between the Awakening heroes, and Roy I'd rather have Roy. Now that might be bias because I haven't played Awakening, but at the same time, I HATED FE6.

If we get a new FE char, it'll probably be him, simply due to popular demand.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nothing was really done with Snake on Nintendo consoles this generation aside from a port of MGS3 on the 3DS. I also don't think Kojima is interested enough to make Snake happen again, the way when he was asked why he put Snake in (he did it for his young son), sounded like he did not personally care about Snake's inclusion at that point.

Ironically, I think Snake staying would be good for Roy's chances getting in. Cause Sakurai had close ties to the FE6 team to IIRC, and if he keeps Snake in, Sakurai proofs himself to be a man who puts vallue in friendships.

At least. I think so.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
qdMbp, I just noticed you want MOI in the next smash.
I thank you kindly for this. :)

You're welcome!

... what does MOI stand for? I can't figure it out. >_O
My guess is... Black Mage, since it's your avatar.

@Phazon
I actually could see Cooking Mama being a character in this if she were first party. Tons of cooking themed attacks... yeah, that'd fit. And I'd finally be able to get my revenge for those hours of misery...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That could happen, but it's also assuming Sakurai isn't interested in adding Snake again. Considering he spoke favourably of Snake, and Snake was met with pretty positive reception overall, I'd guess even without Kojima's insistence Sakurai would opt to have Snake again. And I'd guess Kojima, even if he didn't approach Sakurai again, wouldn't turn down Snake re-appearing. Konami and Nintendo probably wouldn't either.

Plus nothing was really done with Snake on Nintendo consoles the generation previous to Brawl other than a remake of MGS on Gamecube... so it's not like MGS has decreased in frequency on Nintendo platforms. And ofc it's just a rumor... but a MGS game was listed on that Wii U game list that's proven to be notably accurate so far.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I dunno man, Chrom and Lucina aren't very interesting fighters. I really tried to accept them, like REAL hard. But neither one really stands out to me.

Tbh, the most interesting candidate with a decent shot, is Lyn, but she's kinda missed her boat. Thus the only reasonable option with a decent chance is Roy.

I mean, if given a choice between the Awakening heroes, and Roy I'd rather have Roy. Now that might be bias because I haven't played Awakening, but at the same time, I HATED FE6.
No offense to Roy, but I find the possibility of a brand-new character more interesting than the return of a clone. Sure, they could and probably would de-clone him, but an all-new character has much better odds of being unique and at a minimum will be roughly as unique as Melee Roy.

Lyn would be more interesting than Chrom or Lucina, I agree, but her chances of inclusion are pretty low.

If we get a new FE char, it'll probably be him, simply due to popular demand.
Again, I simply can't see him beating out an Awakening rep if the series bumps to three slots for the reasons outlined above. If FE gets three slots, it's almost certainly because of Awakening, and if they're seeking to acknowledge Awakening's popularity why would they include Roy over an Awakening rep?

Who's not to say FE can just get four slots.
FE won't get four slots. That'd put it on par with or close to Zelda and Mario, and FE isn't that popular.

Also, I doubt Chrom will get in if at best he can only make him "middle of the road" between Ike and Marth, which makes no sense because Chrom is just as muscular as Ike is.

If anything I think Sakurai would go with a more unconventional character choice for representing FE13 like the My Unit or Anna since they stand out more than Chrom/Lucina in comparison to other FE characters that have already been in Smash Bros.

I think Sakurai will at the very least try to get Roy in Smash 4 due to:
1. Sakurai has a tendency to re-visit his previous/unfinished character ideas (the Villager is the latest example of this).
2. There is an extremely high demand for Roy's return.
If Chrom or Lucina will be excluded because they're too similar to Marth or Ike, than Roy doesn't have a prayer of getting back in. Sakurai's a pretty imaginative guy, so I doubt that any FE rep would be cut because he couldn't think of a unique moveset.

I agree he'll definitely try to get Roy in, but much like Brawl I just don't think Roy makes the final cut, unfortunately.

MU is quite an interesting proposition; very difficult to implement due to potential for players being disappointed he doesn't look like their character, but could still be done and would be quite cool if done right.

Well, now we know why Bowser's stance changed:

If I recall correctly Sakurai made a crack along those lines during the presentation. It was pretty funny.

D

Deleted member

That could happen, but it's also assuming Sakurai isn't interested in adding Snake again. Considering he spoke favourably of Snake, and Snake was met with pretty positive reception overall, I'd guess even without Kojima's insistence Sakurai would opt to have Snake again. And I'd guess Kojima, even if he didn't approach Sakurai again, wouldn't turn down Snake re-appearing. Konami and Nintendo probably wouldn't either.

Plus nothing was really done with Snake on Nintendo consoles the generation previous to Brawl other than a remake of MGS on Gamecube... so it's not like MGS has decreased in frequency on Nintendo platforms. And ofc it's just a rumor... but a MGS game was listed on that Wii U game list that's proven to be notably accurate so far.
I dunno, I'm personally being pessimistic about Snake to prepare myself in case he doesn't come back. Aside from the fact that he's my Brawl main, he just really adds a lot of diversity to the roster. Plus the campy nature of MGS fits well with the Smash universe.

Still, I just have this gut feeling, I dunno why... I just don't see him as a prioroty character for Sakurai. So for now, I'm prepared to say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuTN_ilmEk#t=1m44s

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
T

but a MGS game was listed on that Wii U game list that's proven to be notably accurate so far.
Then where is my new Metroid game?

MGS and Final Fantasty were also nowhere to be found despite there being some possible games for that could have been ported to them (especially in the case of Lightning Returns).

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
@Phazon
I actually could see Cooking Mama being a character in this if she were first party. Tons of cooking themed attacks... yeah, that'd fit. And I'd finally be able to get my revenge for those hours of misery...
The memes will get 10x worse if she's in. Smash4 is gonna be renamed Super Smash Trolls.

Villager chops the person up with an axe.
Cooking Mama grills them like a steak.
Wii Fit Trainer will present it as lean meat.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm not liking her either, but am trying my best. And these pictures help me a lot. :laugh:

Sexiest character in Smash so far:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Then where is my new Metroid game?

MGS and Final Fantasty were also nowhere to be found despite there being some possible games for that could have been ported to them (especially in the case of Lightning Returns).
Up until yesterday you would've listed DK as well, it could be possible they haven't all been announced yet. Anyway, we have got like three or four of those games revealed for the Wii U since that list came out, but anyway, like I said it's a rumor, and really wasn't meant to be the focus of my post. :ohwell:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Hey hey, we DKC fans have waited ages for new games. Just wait till we get OUR triology finished, just like we had to endure it all. :glare:

~Fix'd~
*thinks about the new Aquatic Ambiance track they will most likely remaster*

Also they better make King K. Rool that secret 4 character! I have a feeling it's either him or Cranky.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
~Fix'd~
*thinks about the new Aquatic Ambiance track they will most likely remaster*

Also they better make King K. Rool that secret 4 character! I have a feeling it's either him or Cranky.
Kong K.Rool has been suggested at the DKU forums. :laugh:

Which is horribly awesome. K.Rool in a Kong costume would simply be golden!

They shoulda just made a DK/Metroid crossover game. Then EVERYONE would be happy.
THIS! So much this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom