• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
It SUDDENLY HIT ME! :eek:

Why the Villager is being portrayed by the fandom as a merciless psychopath!

Take the word villager and compare it with the word villain. Both words share the same origin... Now THIS is something to think about... :evil::demon:

Villager: Middle French village, from Medieval Latin villagium, ultimately from Latin villa (English villa).
Villain: Probably Middle English villein, from Old French villain (modern: vilain), in turn from Late Latin villanus, meaning serf or peasant, someone who is bound to the soil of a Latin villa, which is to say, worked on the equivalent of a plantation in late Antiquity, in Italy or Gaul.

That... is actually super interesting. I had no idea that those two words practically mean the same thing, etymologically speaking. Cool.

D

Deleted member

I love Donna Burke's new song. It's so powerful. I hope they release the actual song before the game comes out.

SSBB is what got me interested in Metal Gear in the first place, and after months of learning about the games and storyline, and watching walkthroughs of all the Metal Gear games in the order they came out, I'm excited about how Big Boss's story will go this time.

It's only ten or so years until the 90's and the events of the first Metal Gear, right?

---
I also can't stop listening to that song used in the Monolift Soft X trailer. 8D
A fellow fan of MGS.

I have a feeling you're gonna love this:
http://junkerhq.net/MGS2/

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Is Sakurai going to accept Travis?
Yeah...and after that he'll announce Cooking Mama
You guys must understand.
One doesn't simply just recieve 1 dream character and call it quits for the day. Haha! Oh No. We must receive something on the opposite spectrum to BALANCE this excitement out.
(I think that was subtle enough)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ok peeps.

What if this was the full starter roster, and all other characters would be unlockables?

Cool, or no cool?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It wouldn't be cool! I'm very sure ppl want their Yoshi, Ness, and Peach all starters too, as they have been before. For me, I got Pit and Bowser, so... But to be fair to the others, the original 12 should be starters too, though Luigi has never been a starter yet, so that's weird.

EDIT: See? Got a Yoshi guy already. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Alright, I confess.
I want Hector more than Chrom because of this.

Ike, Hector and Sigurd. The blue haired badasses from Fire Emblem. I'd want them all in, with Marth. Because metrosexuality is manliness in a completely different form.

Yoshi or GTFO :glare:

I was thinking of saying + Yoshi, but Yoshi would make a cool unlockable to. Imagine fighting a 1000 folds of Yoshi's like in the Event Matches, just to unlock him. I'd personally like that.

D

Deleted member

Ok peeps.

What if this was the full starter roster, and all other characters would be unlockables?

Cool, or no cool?
Well hOm1e!

That's be great.

I like unlocking ****. The more stuff to keep me searching the nooks and cranies the better.

Alright, I confess.
I want Hector more than Chrom because of this.
Amen, not even Ike can handle that ****. Still, I'll stick with the dude who kinda fights for his friends but not really, with the Aloof Green-haired Katana Chick as my 2nd most wanted.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
Ok peeps.

Cool, or no cool?
People here ( Like moi ) Cannot necessary keep things in one thread.
So not likely. ( Not entirely out of the realm of being possible, though.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Ok peeps.

Cool, or no cool?
I find this SUPER cool, I love unlocking characters it makes the game more exciting and fun, *warning challenger approaching* gets me so hyped!!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really don't expect it to happen either. But there's something just extremely satisfying about unlocking characters in Smash.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I really don't expect it to happen either. But there's something just extremely satisfying about unlocking characters in Smash.
I agree. I get goose bumps when that challenger approaching screen pops up.
That's the only reason why I'm tempted to avoid Smash 4 news till launch

I want to get that "Who the Phuck is this!?" feeling like i had in Melee.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
Like the bad*** ness you feel after completing event 31 and getting final destination? ( Please correct me if this is wrong. )
Yeah, that **** is gooooood.

D

Deleted member

I find this SUPER cool, I love unlocking characters it makes the game more exciting and fun, *warning challenger approaching* gets me so hyped!!
I remember back in the day, I'd get super stressed about losing those fights and stuff.

I'd be like, "OK, we gotta buckle down guys! It's Mewtwo, we spent 70 hours trying to get him. If we fail, that's it, so make sure you don't **** up!"

Now it's like, "huh? oh, Sonic. *Sigh, o-K... Gimme a sec while I kick his ass to add him to the roster, it won't take long..."

D

Deleted member

Like the bad*** ness you feel after completing event 31 and getting final destination? ( Please correct me if this is wrong. )
Yeah, that **** is gooooood.
51, it's event match 51.

I think the first time I cheeseballed it with Jiggs and her rest. It's such a cheap win. Then when I got better I beat with Marth, and Falco, and C. Falcon and didn't even break a sweat.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I find it strange how Sakurai has not give out more information pertaining to Smash 4 particularly the differences between the two versions. Since yesterday, Sakurai has been completely quiet on Smash 4.

Also, curious if we will get Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii later this week since someone supposedly leaked Mega Man, Villager, and WFT a day or two before E3.

I think after Pac-Man, there is a good chance that he will be our last third-party newcomer for this game, especially if Snake and Sonic return. Kind of pessimistic on Snake's return.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I f&@$ing hate Cooking Mama. No game, even Mario Kart, has ever made me curse as much.

"Break the egg gentry."
"Tap. Tap. Tap. What the hell...?"
"Break the egg gentry!"
"Tap. Tap. Tap. Come on!"
"Break the--"
"CRASHSPLAT. F!@#!!!!!"

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Hmm.. I feel like the next newcomer is going to be another character that no one expected like Monita or Sebastian Tute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom