• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
I'm sure Sakurai said 5 days a week for that rather than daily. Not that I have a problem with it. We do need a break from updates from time to time to rebuild hype. After all, having daily updates sometimes can become stale, but when waiting a few days for another update, the hype comes back up a bit.
He indeed say "five days a week".

You're totally right. In the Brawl Dojo days people would get outrageously angry or upset if the day's announcement was something small like item containers or home-run contest etc. They seemed to think every day should be a new character day -_-

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He has move set potential, but to grab attention and to make the character more special you have to emphasis his special qualities. In that case, being capable of learning varies Psynergy. If that is not emphasized, he's not going to win over hearts by looks alone. You get what I mean?

Sword moves: all basic A moves.
Psynergy: Smashes and Specials, much like Megaman and the Villager do it.
Aerials: Mixed of sword attacks, and Psynergy attacks.

He'd work just fine.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

You're totally right. In the Brawl Dojo days people would get outrageously angry or upset if the day's announcement was something small like item containers or home-run contest etc. They seemed to think every day should be a new character day -_-
Good thing I wasn't around during the Brawl Dojo days. Would've been a nightmare. :laugh:

Gamingboy

Smash Lord

I remember this.

I wonder when the five-days-a-week thing will get started...

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Guys, guys guys what if Sonic returns in the next Smash and ends up working together with Megaman in the story mode. Then in the middle of the story you have to fight both Dr. Eggman and Dr. Wily as a boss! Just imagine how awesome that would be! Though it probably would't happen lol

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Speaking of Takamaru, was anyone else thinking of him during the Developer Direct when Sakurai was showing off Link/Samus/Pit and said they were all characters from 1986? Doesn't really mean anything, but wishful thinking says otherwise. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Yeah, about that... uh... no one (hyperbolic, I know) cared about the NES game called Ice Climber. We were all about Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!, Mega Man, even Duck Hunt (only because it came bundled with the awesome Zapper Light Gun). With those quality NES games around, why would we want to bother with a crappy NES game with horrible jumping physics? I cannot really blame them for forgetting about Popo and Nana.
I had Super Mario Bros. Duck Hunt, a game about planes (I think it was Top Gun), and a game labled Street Fighter, which was actually Final Fight, or Streets of Rage or something (it was a beat em up), it caused a lot of confusion when growing up until I played the real SF.

MegaMan 1, 2, 3 I didn't play until recently. Same for Castlevania 1, 2, and 3. I played those like... 2 years ago.

As for LoZ, I played those later at friends' houses and stuff.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Speaking of Takamaru, was anyone else thinking of him during the Developer Direct when Sakurai was showing off Link/Samus/Pit and said they were all characters from 1986? Doesn't really mean anything, but wishful thinking says otherwise. :laugh:
:link2:?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That's partially the reason for my avatar actually. (Not to mention they are a cool badass trio.)

I'm not going to overthink it, but he could have been teasing Takamaru with that.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Inb4 these are all the characters you get and the rest are all dlc. $5 a character. I mean it's 2014 then ****** getting greedy and stuff you know how it is.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

YES.

Would be the ideal timing to reveal Takamaru. But I still think he's in it. He's probably just an unlockable.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Takamaru was also in Samurai Warriors 3 on Wii. Nice update to him too. Would be neat if he was in.

And his awesome Nintendo Land attraction.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Wrong!

It's not Ridley, nor Anna. Who is he or she?

I'll repeat: the character is in my signature...
Sakurai showed the video of all three when he was explaining the gameplay. He said all three were created in 1986. That seemed like a strong hint to the missing fourth of the "siblings."

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Imma laugh so hard if they'll reveal something like: ridley will be in smash wii u or whatever on Twitter. And when you're hyped they will reveal it's a costume for your mii to customize XD!!!!!!

Wait I'm srsly thinking this actually MIGHT happen. Ridley costume, Mewtwo costume lmaoooooo

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Wrong and wrong...

I'll give you... 2 more tries. :p

Ghirahim and Final Form Ghirahim? Edit: Everytime I post like a dozen pop in before mine. :laugh:

Komicturtle, I was not testing you on how good she would be or reasons why she'd be considered. You don't need to convince me of that, she is my third most desired character, love her to death after Uprising. What I was doing was asking why you thought she was implied to be in the game.

Him using his orbitars meaning that Palutena is in and she is using it is you inputting your imagination and thinking it to be true. Call me superficial or not, but that is true. There is absolutely no reason to think that this is necessarily true, in fact I find it conceptually unlikely. Pit got updated because in Uprising he received a massive update for who he is. His set was also a bit meh in Brawl. The move also seems to not be the same as the shield. In addition, I don't see why Palutena would be using these items, not only has she never done so, but that'd be crapping on the potential we both know she has. It does even if you were to rip her moves straight from Uprising.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'll kill something if the Mii gets revealed. Or at least, I'll stop posting till I find something to like in the game again. :/

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sakurai showed the video of all three when he was explaining the gameplay. He said all three were created in 1986. That seemed like a strong hint to the missing four of the "siblings."
Takamaru, yes. That's the character I was thinking of.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'll kill something if the Mii gets revealed. Or at least, I'll stop posting till I find something to like in the game again. :/
It does my heart good to see people so positive and happy about Smash 4. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom