• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I knew that was coming, hahaha. Can't wait for this version.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Tiger and Eddy are two different people.

Or are they?

:phone:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Funny thing about Leo in the Sheik costume at 0:11, her gender was kept secret for a few years up until last year and was deliberately designed to where she looked androgynous.

Then we have the never ending Sheik gender debates.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Awesome! I'm very surprised how much of these Nintendo characters costumes, music, and even the Mushroom mode have gotten the OK from the Big N themselves (according to an interview with Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada, Nintendo was very cooperative with them). To hear more from this interview, here.

And here is something Harada wanted to put in Tek Tag Tourn 2 but he highly doubts Nintendo would ever green light it:
"We would like to try some violent features like raising poison mushrooms below the stage and then you can take them online and when you’re fighting your friend you can shove it in their face. We’d like to try some violent features like that, but I don’t like Nintendo would agree with that. I think they would be kind of angry!"

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Captain Falcon outfit, eh? Well played Namco. Consider it bought. :awesome:

The only thing better would be to have Falcon in the game as a guest character.
omg, I would've loved this. Might've even got me to buy the Wii U at launch. Oh well, hopefully it'll happen in some fighting game (other than Smash) someday.

I wonder if/how many more Nintendo outfits there will be. Unless they've already announced them all (I haven't been following).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'd be ecstatic if there were Earthbound costumes, but everyone's too old to wear them, even Xiaoyu.

Since we're on the topic of Tekken, I wouldn't mind if we had something like Tekken Ball. I loved playing that on Tekken 3, and I hope PS360 gets that as DLC.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
The Captain Falcon outfit left me drooling for hours, and it made me hunger for Tag Tournament 2 even more. The Wii U port of this game is definitely going to be the most hilarious one yet, just like how Soul Calibur II for GameCube was the best version because of the inclusion of Link. But then again, that was the actual Link character, not just an outfit. Would love if Nintendo characters makes appearances in other fighting games as a bonus on their consoles again.

I wonder if/how many more Nintendo outfits there will be. Unless they've already announced them all (I haven't been following).
I doubt we're getting outfits from more Nintendo franchises, i'm suprised the Captain Falcon outfit even made it in due to the fact that F-Zero is absent now. But i still wish for more outfits though, such as Mother characters. Now, Pokemon outfits would look really silly, but i think Pokemon Trainer (Red) would fit quite nicely. :p

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I doubt we're getting outfits from more Nintendo franchises, i'm suprised the Captain Falcon outfit even made it in due to the fact that F-Zero is absent now. But i still wish for more outfits though, such as Mother characters. Now, Pokemon outfits would look really silly, but i think Pokemon Trainer (Red) would fit quite nicely. :p
I could totally see Kuma getting an Ursaring outfit.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
I'd be cool with a little mac costume appearing in Tekken Tag tournament 2.

Gotta love dat HD Capt Falcon though.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hey guys, I got to find about this article here which came today:

Satoru Iwata: Nintendo 2013 R&D Preview [Large Scale Restructure, New Miyamoto Team]

Here's stuff that is being mentioned:

[COLLAPSE="2013 Expected Iwata Changes"]
+ Major shift in Kyoto development sources involving 3 R&D buildings
+ Shigeru Miyamoto stepping down as EAD General Manager
+ Takash Tezuka becoming new EAD General Manager
+ New Groups / New Producers announced for EAD Kyoto / SPD Kyoto
+ EAD Tokyo Expansion / Masahiro Sakurai Possibly Joining EAD Tokyo
+ New Division lead by Miyamoto with younger staff focused on smaller scale games
+ Miyamoto's Departure Inspiring New IPs for the EAD Kyoto Division[/COLLAPSE]

Sounds so huge. I was though quite suprised they mentioned Sakurai maybe joining EAD Tokyo. Also more IPs seems likely for Nintendo now? Color me interested. (-òvó-)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I hate it when people constantly complain about Nintendo lacking any new IPs, and then completely ignore whatever new they actually make. There is a reason why consistency exists people!

Also on a different topic, I kind of hope the next games will be released in 2014. 2014 would be the 15th anniversary of Super Smash Bros., and having the next installment in that year would be a good tribute to the series as a whole. In particular I want to see the first trailer to be a tribute to every other Super Smash Bros. game in the series, from the first game all the way to the debut trailer of the next installment.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I hate it when people constantly complain about Nintendo lacking any new IPs, and then completely ignore whatever new they actually made.

Also on a different topic, I kind of hope the next games will be released in 2014. 2014 would be the 15th anniversary of Super Smash Bros., and having the next installment in that year would be a good tribute to the series as a whole. In particular I want to see the first trailer to be a tribute to every other Super Smash Bros. game in the series, from the first game all the way of the debut trailer to the next installment.
I kinda want to see a Melee HD remix for one of Smashs' anniversaries.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
It's time that Nintendo starts to release some old game in HD... Melee in HD with an online mode would be a blast... Too bad that's not gonna happen

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
There is always the Wii U's eShop which could contain rereleased games in HD called the "U Remastered" series in a vein similar to 3D Classics series on the 3DS. Most of the titles would be HD ports of varies Nintendo 64 and Nintendo Gamecube games.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
There is always the Wii U's eShop which could contain rereleased games in HD called the "U Remastered" series in a vein similar to 3D Classics series on the 3DS. Most of the titles would be HD ports of varies Nintendo 64 and Nintendo Gamecube games.
Yeah that's what I'm talking about. Still, it's Nintendo...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Captain Falcon outfit for Tekken Tag 2? I just nutted
He also should've been playable in Sonic All-Stars Racing(1). You know, since the XBox had... two exclusives.(their Avatars, and Banjo & Kazooie). Or three, technically.

Wii only got the Miis. :|

Oh, hey, guys!

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
It's uzzisoft, I have more than 400 images on that, good luck on finding the funny ones lol

Too bad it's a little cut, on the other forums the limits are larger

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, I fell for it as well. It scared the crap out of me.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I was more confused by it than anything else. I've never PM'ed anyone, only responded to them, so I was confused as hell. I read the comments, and I'm still confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom