• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That's Bug from the game Bug!. :troll:
Yeah that sounds familiar. Man I played that game for months. it was a Demo too lol!
Oh yeah where is Alex Kid in your roster? He was Mario's Rival before Sonic had to step in

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah that sounds familiar. Man I played that game for months. it was a Demo too lol!
Oh yeah where is Alex Kid in your roster? He was Mario's Rival before Sonic had to step in

Alex Kidd is next to Akira.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sega Roster
Seems okay, though there's a lot of characters I don't recognize. Been thinking of my own roster for a while now, but it's been more of an passing thought so I can't really make any comparisons either.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Speaking of rosters, I wonder how the Pokemon Roster would change with X and Y. Like, having Mewthree would bum me out in so many ways. Maybe if he was a ALT. costume, but... Yeah, just me squawking. Also, SSB4 should totally play with L-canceling. :troll:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Speaking of rosters, I wonder how the Pokemon Roster would change with X and Y. Like, having Mewthree would bum me out in so many ways. Maybe if he was a ALT. costume, but... Yeah, just me squawking. Also, SSB4 should totally play with L-canceling. :troll:
I'm pretty sure "Mewthree" is still Mewtwo. I''ve heard That That is Mewtwo's "Awakened Form". If Mewtwo returns it would be a great ALT like you said or a it might end up being Mewtwo's FS.

EDIT: OMG @ that video...That is how Zelda/Shiek should have been...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'll mention all of the characters names in order (minus the console exclusives and third parties): Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Dr. Eggman, AiAi, Beat, Ulala, Billy Hatcher, Vyse, Bug, Sam Gideon, Gum, Gilius Thunderhead, Agent G, Arle Nadja, Bonanza Bros. Axel Stone, Bayonetta, Azel, Ristar, Vectorman, Alex Kidd, Akira Yuki, Shou Amanbane, Sir Pepper, Gunstar Blue, Reala, Welkin Gunther, Opa Opa, Chuih & ChuChus, Ryo Hazuki, Honey, Phantom R, Joe Musashi, B.D. Joe, NiGHTS, Max, Zephyr, Kyrie, Ash, Wang Yi, Prince Ali, Segata Sanshiro, Amigo, Alis Landale, Sakura Shinguji, Toejam & Earl, Kazuma Kiryu, Jack Cayman, Max Taylor & Dinosaurs, Centurion (Altered Beast), and Shogun.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah. There is no Mewthree.

Only Mewtwo's "Awakened" form.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah, Newtwo is Mewtwo's new form. I think it'd be fine as a transformation FS.

D

Deleted member

Hey, remember that "y cant metroid crawl" guy?

Yeah, he's a confirmed troll.

Chrono would have a heart attack if he saw this...

That's actually pretty funny. 'Y can't Metroid crawl' guy is clearly a troll, but I'm sure the other kids were being serious.

Also, that SEGA Roster is A-Ok in my book. You got Sakura, Shinobi, some JSR characters and Eggman. One thing though, Bayonetta ain't SEGA. Though she could be a 3rd party rep.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since she ain't Sega anymore, I can easily imaging her having tea party with Peach and wearing one of her dresses. :teeth:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'll mention all of the characters names in order (minus the console exclusives and third parties): Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Dr. Eggman, AiAi, Beat, Ulala, Billy Hatcher, Vyse, Bug, Sam Gideon, Gum, Gilius Thunderhead, Agent G, Arle Nadja, Bonanza Bros. Axel Stone, Bayonetta, Azel, Ristar, Vectorman, Alex Kidd, Akira Yuki, Shou Amanbane, Sir Pepper, Gunstar Blue, Reala, Welkin Gunther, Opa Opa, Chuih & ChuChus, Ryo Hazuki, Honey, Phantom R, Joe Musashi, B.D. Joe, NiGHTS, Max, Zephyr, Kyrie, Ash, Wang Yi, Prince Ali, Segata Sanshiro, Amigo, Alis Landale, Sakura Shinguji, Toejam & Earl, Kazuma Kiryu, Jack Cayman, Max Taylor & Dinosaurs, Centurion (Altered Beast), and Shogun.
After some thought, a lot of these characters probably wouldn't work for a fighting game such as Opa Opa, the ChuChus, and Welkin Gunther. Some rep stuff is also off. That said I'm not a SEGA expert so I'm probably wrong a few things, so please don't take my criticism harshly.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After some thought, a lot of these characters probably wouldn't work for a fighting game such as Opa Opa, the ChuChus, and Welkin Gunther. Some rep stuff is also off. That said I'm not a SEGA expert so I'm probably wrong a few things, so please don't take my criticism harshly.
No biggie. I just did this as an explanation for everyone else who might be lost. ;)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not that I don't believe you, but where exactly is the source that deconfirms Bayonetta is owned or partially owned by Sega? I mean, if she wasn't at least partly owned by Sega, why are they still involved with her series? Platinum's five game contract with Sega is up. Plus she was listed among only other Sega characters as a potential Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (or whatever the hell it was called) character...

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
That Sega roster need a stock HuMaRL from PSO. =X
The Visionary, huh? I can deal with that. :smirk:
While you visionary types are still talking about how awesome your plans will be us architect types are already done with ours plans (which came out waaaay awesomer in case you're wondering). ;)
Damn, that is quite a big group of introverts.
In normal populations there is a 3:1 ratio of extroverts to introverts. Seeing how the internet and gaming tend to draw more contemplative and/or solitary types I'm actually not surprised introverts outnumber extroverts on the forum.
Me too.

vicgur

Smash Ace
In normal populations there is a 3:1 ratio of extroverts to introverts. Seeing how the internet and gaming tend to draw more contemplative and/or solitary types I'm actually not surprised introverts outnumber extroverts on the forum.

Yeah, that's really not THAT surprising. I knew there would be more introverts. I just didn't know the difference would be so big.

Well hello there, Brazil.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah. There is no Mewthree.

Only Mewtwo's "Awakened" form.
This. I think it will be the newly "presented" form of Mewtwo in Smash WiiU and 3DS, but his superior classic form will be his alternate look, just like with Wario. And yes, classic/Wario Land Wario is superior to Wario Ware Wario, regardless of what anyone says (Project M proves me right). :shades:
I like all the 1st gen starters their all good in their own right.
And I don't blame you, Blastoise makes the kids go Ape $h!T :colorful:
You can never go overboard for Blastoise. Charizard maybe, Venasaur definitely, but never Blastoise.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just to put my own idea of a SEGA roster out there, feel free to comment on it as I am not a SEGA expert.

25 characters total, no 3rd parties

Akira Yuki (Virtual Fighter)
Alex Kidd
Altered Beast Guy
Bahn (Fighting Vipers)
Bayonetta
Gilius Thunderhead (Golden Axe)
Joe Musashi (Shinobi)
Kurt Irving (Valkyria Chronicles)
Nei (Phantasy Star II)
Nights
Pai Chan (Virtual Fighter)
Ristar
Ryo Hazuki
Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars)
Sarah Bryant (Virtual Fighter)
Segata Sanshiro
Selvaria Bles (Valkyria Chronicles)
Shadow
Shining Force rep?
Silver
Sonic
Ulala (Space Channel 5)
Vectorman
Vyse (Skies of Arcadia)
Zephyr (Resonance of Fate)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just to put my own idea of a SEGA roster out there, feel free to comment on it as I am not a SEGA expert.

25 characters total, no 3rd parties

Akira Yuki (Virtual Fighter)
Alex Kidd
Altered Beast Guy
Bahn (Fighting Vipers)
Bayonetta
Gilius Thunderhead (Golden Axe)
Joe Musashi (Shinobi)
Kurt Irving (Valkyria Chronicles)
Nei (Phantasy Star II)
Nights
Pai Chan (Virtual Fighter)
Ristar
Ryo Hazuki
Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars)
Sarah Bryant (Virtual Fighter)
Segata Sanshiro
Selvaria Bles (Valkyria Chronicles)
Shadow
Shining Force rep?
Silver
Sonic
Ulala (Space Channel 5)
Vectorman
Vyse (Skies of Arcadia)
Zephyr (Resonance of Fate)
Very impressive, though here's a few comments. I'm surprised about the fact that you want the three hedgehogs, but none of the other main characters of Sonic. The perfect Shining Force rep would be Max since he's been in a majority of the games. Lastly, this roster reaks of Project X Zone, which is bold. Everything else is pretty good. 8/10

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Not that I don't believe you, but where exactly is the source that deconfirms Bayonetta is owned or partially owned by Sega? I mean, if she wasn't at least partly owned by Sega, why are they still involved with her series? Platinum's five game contract with Sega is up. Plus she was listed among only other Sega characters as a potential Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (or whatever the hell it was called) character...
She's owned by Platinum Games, although SEGA may have some rights to her and her franchise with the same name. SEGA and Platinum Games had a certain publishing deal, but after the first Bayonetta didn't sell well, SEGA used their option in the contract to bail out, which I think lost them certain "rights" to the character and franchise (perhaps), and that is when Nintendo signed a deal with Platinum Games.
Super John Cena Bros U
...And this is why Twitter scares me.

What next, Super Tim Tebow Bros U (now not featuring anyone in the NFL because Tebow can't make it in the NFL)=??? :awesome: :chuckle: :crazy:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The thing about Bayonetta 2 is that its not the first time Nintendo has funded and published a new installment for a third party series. At the very least Nintendo did it with Ogre Battle 64 and Baten Kaitos Origins. Nintendo does not own the rights to any of those series. Nintendo funding and publishing Ogre Battle 64 (Nintendo published it in Japan at least) was probably due to the fact that the Nintendo 64 was almost completely barren in terms of RPGs.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Very impressive, though here's a few comments. I'm surprised about the fact that you want the three hedgehogs, but none of the other main characters of Sonic. The perfect Shining Force rep would be Max since he's been in a majority of the games. Lastly, this roster reaks of Project X Zone, which is bold. Everything else is pretty good. 8/10
True, though to be fair a lot of the characters from that game would work well in a Sega fighter, and many of them were already well known characters within their own series. As a side note though, I'm surprised that game didn't have anyone from Phantasy Star, Vyse, or Joe Musashi.

Just to get it down to 25 characters I did skip some series like Streets of Rage, and adding more Sonic characters. Some characters fit better than others like Nei who's more iconic than Alis Landale, and Selvaria/Kurt who, unlike Welkin Gunther, don't fight in a tank.

Looking at Sega's history, while they do have plenty for a mascot fighter, their series and characters aren't as diverse or as fit for a fighter like say Nintendo or Capcom's.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
The thing about Bayonetta 2 is that its not the first time Nintendo has funded and published a new installment for a third party series. At the very least Nintendo did it with Ogre Battle 64 and Baten Kaitos Origins. Nintendo does not own the rights to any of those series. Nintendo funding and publishing Ogre Battle 64 (Nintendo published it in Japan at least) was probably due to the fact that the Nintendo 64 was almost completely barren in terms of RPGs.
same with children of mana

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think everyone should use the phrase "Ridley is TOO BIG of a character to not be in Smash!" for these upcoming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom