• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wait, so you're Dark Pit?
It's easy: check what shinpichu posted. (The BitF comic strip.)

Mushroom Kingdom became Zebes and DK Island became Angel Land, because Metroid and Kid Icarus are sister series.

So, Mario reincarnated into Samus, Bowser into Ridley and, apparently, Diddy Kong into Dark Pit.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
While I know Ike was pretty much this, I wonder if they'd ever make Lord that is pretty unusual from most of the noble lords again...
As in he might a personality that sets him out to be not that all "noble". I'd like to see that being made sometime, it could give some way to potential character development in some form.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Heres another rumor supposdly by a user named
''Dark Phazon'' pretty ironic huh....

Well he stated that

''People should just shut the **** up about these rumors and get a life instead of trying to hype fans or disheart them also to try boost there credibility A.K.A Ego...and just Chillllll...and wait...and that if they didnt have anything nice to say they should just shut the **** up!''

Hmmm...i dunno about you guys..but so far out of all the rumors i believe this one the most.
I'd take the rumor with a grain of salt if I were you :troll:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I keep forgetting that's you, ChronoBound. I mean you're not even new to changing your avatar on occasion. Maybe if Ridley was in sepia tone things would be easier.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I keep forgetting that's you, ChronoBound. I mean you're not even new to changing your avatar on occasion. Maybe if Ridley was in sepia tone things would be easier.
My avatar is going to change again tomorrow. I think its going to be obvious why my avatar is changing each week in the run-up to E3 (this current one is the first of a set I have planned). :)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Man though I feel quite down and such. I never played Path Of Radiance but I feel like I have no justified reason to support Chrom in a way that people would warm up to him. (-´^`-);

Ah man, I guess I jumped to a wrong Lord... on the other hand other Lords I want to see aren't much in higher chances either, so I'm just sorta clinging to Chrom and wanting to see him playable despite all the flak he's getting thrown at. I don't feel like abandoning him either since I still dig him from the personal standpoint.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Jumping to the newest thing isn't always the best option. I've learned that from experience. :urg:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Jumping to the newest thing isn't always the best option. I've learned that from experience. :urg:

Well it's not like I wanted to do it for sake of that. Circumstances just led me to play Chrom's game before Ike's (I guess mostly about just getting to FE last year or something.)

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Well it's not like I wanted to do it for sake of that. Circumstances just led me to play Chrom's game before Ike's (I guess mostly about just getting to FE last year or something.)
I'm just getting into the series as well, started with Shadow Dragon & the GBA games but never finished them. Awakening seems to be a good game to start.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I wish I liked the games more. I liked the gameplay on the whole, but there were things that seriously bothered me about the game... Namely, there are a lot of mechanics that encourage players to reload save points. I definitely feel like the permadeath should be turned to your character needing to retreat from the battlefield because, as it is, who would let a character they've invested so heavily in die when? I assume everybody restarts as soon as one of their units dies, losing a bunch of time and progress. It's frustrating.

And I felt like crap every time a character leveled up because it seemed like luck was screwing me over with character growths... sometimes my character wouldn't get a boost in anything, and sometimes three different things? Randomized character stat growth is the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a game.

Grr.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I will say that being recent can be a double edge sword depending on the scenario provided. It can work or it cannot, but the factor that matters the most overall would whether or not it would be worth it. The sudden publicity of The Mysterious Murasame Castle helping Takamaru and the new IPs released lately like Xenoblade and Dillon's Rolling Western are more positive examples, while the release of Fire Emblem: Awakening and Namco being involved with the next Smash Bros. being more negative examples.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Oh that's awesome, maybe I'll pick up the next FE game for a system I have.

I'm not sure I get what you mean with recency being a bad thing for FE: Awakening and Namco?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
And I felt like crap every time a character leveled up because it seemed like luck was screwing me over with character growths... sometimes my character wouldn't get a boost in anything, and sometimes three different things? Randomized character stat growth is the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a game.

Grr.

"Another satisfactory comment from one of my customers! Please come again!"

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Spontaneity makes life nice. I bet you were like "**** yeah dude!" and hi-fived yourself when you got all stat growths.

It also makes replaying the game interesting since your units will definitely be different statwise and you may even have some new characters in combat since they leveled up stronger than in your previous playthroughs.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Got back from my hardest final (nailed it! :awesome: EFF YOU ACCOUNTING AKA MY MAJOR!!!) and from a party last night.

I kicked so many of my friend's butts as smash 64 even though I haven't played that game in like half a year and I hate the freaking N64 controls for that game.
Also, I'm pretty sure it's totally not true that girls always like hearing nice things about them... not everyone actually enjoys having their physical features evaluated by a bunch of strangers. :p
(just ask your average girl whether or not they like it when dudes on the street holler at them.)
They'd rather be complimented on their personality than looks, durh. That's such a basic thing. If you told some girl or guy "hey, I think you are a great person, and I always enjoy my time around you" instead of "hey, I think you're attractive/cute/whatever," most of them will respond better to the previous statement.

I'm sure all of you would rather me say "I think you are cool" than "I think you look cool." After all the latter is the appearance of it, the former is the real deal.
My mouth hurts...

**** wisdom teeth.
Did I ever tell you guys the story of when I got my wisdom teeth removed=??? Because it's a crazy story.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
While I know Ike was pretty much this, I wonder if they'd ever make Lord that is pretty unusual from most of the noble lords again...
As in he might a personality that sets him out to be not that all "noble". I'd like to see that being made sometime, it could give some way to potential character development in some form.
Someone like Owain would be a really good start.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Shoot, I like stories.
So I got my wisdom teeth pulled and I got put on Vicodin for painkillers. My surgery went fine, but things afterwards didn't. You see, after about 3 days of me being on Vicodin, I had a bit of a "reaction."

Now let me preface this by saying that I rarely curse, yell, or talk badly about people. And I hate violence outside of violence necessary for sports when the sports are played "correctly." But man, the Vicodin took over my brain and I lost control. My mom asked me if I wanted her to cook me something, and I freaking called her every insult in the book and threw paper plates at her. She walked away and apparently I went and confronted other family members and cursed them out.

I then went into my bathroom and banged my head into the wall for around ten minutes, and then went into my mom's car and cried for like 5 minutes.

I then regained consciousness and "control" and I wondered "why was I crying?" and "why did I have this weird dream?" I went inside my house and I said "hi mom!" and she told me how terrible I was for what I did and I was like "whhhaaahhhh.... I'm, I don't know what you're talking about." She told me what I did and I responded with "I don't remember that." She called the doctor, and apparently Vicodin does that, and now I can't do Vicodin. I had "dreamed" about bits and pieces of it, and that's all I remember of the incident (and what I then learned of the incident).

Oddly enough, my 80+ years old Pediatrician had to get a wisdom tooth removed that same weekend. He is old enough to where he had to spend a night in the hospital, and he got put on Vicodin. Apparently it made him go insane, and he ended up running around the hospital he works at naked as a result of the drug affecting his brain.

And that is why I never do any drugs, especially painkillers (because I turn into the opposite of me).

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I'm so glad I don't any Wisdom teeth, but having an Abscess is the ****ing worst in the world, seriously. :urg:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Since we're talking more or less about ourselves, I ask this question:

Why did you choose that username when registering on the boards?
First off, my name is Jonathan, but I rather like going by John instead, because it's simpler, shorter, and sounds cooler. :bee:

Second off, I used to play Melee a lot as a casual player and I tried my best to be better than all my friends. And when I accomplished that and beat my friend (who at the time was the best Melee player I knew), that friend jokingly "knighted" me. So, I became "John [the] Knight." :)

Third off, I just shortened it to "Johnknight" because it sounds like a completely awesome word. ;)

Fourth off, I added the "1" because it sounded cool, it gave off the implications that I was the best, and it seemed pretty original. :reverse:

Fifth off, I kept the name, because it sounds cool to announce. I always imagined it would be cool for someone to announce my name like a fight sport announcer and yell "JOOOHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNN-KKKNNNNNIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHTTTTTT OOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Oh and remember guys, this is 12 year old me we're talking about. That was so long ago (literally a decade ago). :eek:

Also, 15 year old me made the name "faceurhell" as a way to make fun of emo people! :laugh: (I still do laugh at that name, because it's so bad it's amazing)

18 year old me made another one of the names I go by (Fruits) because I freaking love fruits and they're an essential part of my diet! :teeth:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
As for the reason why I sign my screen name at the end of all my posts? Well, I was pretty new to forum-going back in the day. I didn't know what the hell a signature really was, some kinda item that's automatically posted at the end of all your posts. I really wanted one though, specifically a cool *** picture of some kind. So, I resolved to place Smooth Criminal at the end of all of my posts until I got one. After I figured everything out, well, it just became force of habit.

And that's pretty much it for me.

Smooth Criminal
The awesome sound of ending your post with something is why I sometimes post (especially when I leave)...
-A Friend First and Smasher Second-​
~His Knightliness Himself~,​
-Johnknight1 Watson.​
*and then I insert Proto Man's theme song*​

Because epic exits are always awesome.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Does anyone else feel like Smash 4 is going to suck as in "it's not like Melee" type of suckiness-ess?
Do you think it's going to be more like Brawl or Melee mechanics/gameplay-wise?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Does anyone else feel like Smash 4 is going to suck as in "it's not like Melee" type of suckiness-ess?
I think it will be a good game, but some people will whine because it's not Melee 2.0 and others will whine because it's not Brawl 2.0. I think SSB4 will have its own feel.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think people are going to compare it to Melee and condemn it because it's not Melee. I think even if it's great, but different than Melee, some people will still say it sucks because it's not exactly like Melee. :rolleyes:

And personally I think Sakurai is going to try and find a balance between Melee and Brawl, but I don't think we'll ever get a game as fast-paced as Melee again. Not that that means this will be bad, but Sakurai will still try to make sure it's "balanced" in his mind (balanced being anyone has the potential to win because random or unavoidable **** happens :p - though hopefully you'll be able to turn all random nonsense off in this one). Not to say I think tripping will return, but with Sakurai there will be some element of random handicapping (though hopefully optional). I think with Namco though it's entirely possible it will be a little more competitively-oriented than Brawl was.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No way, I think if anything, Brawl was a hiccup. It may play slightly like Brawl, but it's going to feel completely different. Even if it's not fast paced like Melee, competitives will at least be glad it's balanced. (Of ****ing should be)

D

Deleted member

I hope it's different from Melee.

I welcome change. I just hope it doesn't try to go casual like Brawl did, but tries to add some depth to the gameplay while still keeping the game simple for the casuals.

@Johnny boi

Dude, it's the same for me. My family is filled with crazy people, that's why I'll never try drugs.

Anyway, anyone wanna play some Smash?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Regardless of bull**** like tripping, I've had a lot of fun playing Brawl since I got it. So as long as Sakurai doesn't add any stupid unnecessary mechanics Sm4sh will be good.

@ Manly
I sent a few of the pics. This new conversation thing is weird.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Speaking of drugs, lol people keep trying to get me to smoke and get faded with them

I get turnt up naturally lol I don't need to do all that **** to have fun

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I really hope Sakurai would try making sure SSB4 doesn't get streamlined and have such a long span in between racking up damage and then killing and letting us use more versatile ways to defeat opponent than that:
Because when comparing Brawl to Melee, man it takes a while to kill with magnetic ledges, big emphasis on defensive play and above-average recoveries with a lot of characters, floatiness, most of attacks being obsolete in means of giving any good knockback enough to kill in percentages under 90-120, and so forth. It made me get bored of Brawl's playing speed and fights become uninteresting overall since I can't really make out best of each character due most of their skills being meaningless since I can't score a kill in other way than racking up damage to big levels first.

D

Deleted member

I really hope Sakurai would try making sure SSB4 doesn't get streamlined and have such a long span in between racking up damage and then killing and letting us use more versatile ways to defeat opponent than that:
Because when comparing Brawl to Melee, man it takes a while to kill with magnetic ledges, big emphasis on defensive play and above-average recoveries with a lot of characters, floatiness, most of attacks being obsolete in means of giving any good knockback enough to kill in percentages under 90-120, and so forth. It made me get bored of Brawl's playing speed and fights become uninteresting overall since I can't really make out best of each character due most of their skills being meaningless since I can't score a kill in other way than racking up damage to big levels first.

This is exactly what I mean by casualizing it.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm one of the few people who enjoys Brawl more than Melee in the sense that if I were to go play one right now I'd rather just go to the former. But I guess that's just because I'm not very competitive, if I was maybe I'd feel differently. Tripping doesn't even really bother me, it practically never makes an impact on my gameplay (though I do wish it'd be gone or be deactivate-able). I'd play online with you guys on Brawl to pick it up for the first time in quite a while if the online didn't annoy me to the extent that it does.

As for SSB4, I am really easy, I'll undoubtedly enjoy it regardless of which direction it takes. I enjoy the first three despite their differences, it'd have to be a major screw up for the formula for me to not enjoy it.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

I didn't really find a problem with the ledges. If anything, that's the one thing that ticked me off about Melee: I could be right next to a ledge, but I wouldn't grab it because I'm facing the wrong way. Especially annoying on Battlefield and Final Destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom