• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
My story's fairly simple. I needed another username for these forums, and an alias to go by when I (eventually) went to tourneys. I was sitting there listening to the radio when Alien Ant Farm's rendition of "Smooth Criminal" came on the radio. After other failed attempts at ominous-sounding, super cereal tags (IMN, AinSophAur, what-have-you), I felt that the whimsical tone of this cover kinda fit me a little better. I wanted to have fun after all, you know? Not just compete and compete and compete until I bled. It was a defining moment for me in a lot of ways, one that's stuck with me even to the present.

As for the reason why I sign my screen name at the end of all my posts? Well, I was pretty new to forum-going back in the day. I didn't know what the hell a signature really was, some kinda item that's automatically posted at the end of all your posts. I really wanted one though, specifically a cool ass picture of some kind. So, I resolved to place Smooth Criminal at the end of all of my posts until I got one. After I figured everything out, well, it just became force of habit.

And that's pretty much it for me.

Smooth Criminal

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I still can't believe we all showed our faces on an open forum in the first place. XD
We're all pretty chummy here.

We're like a family!

We even have the crazy uncles and aunts no one wants to remember. :troll:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Posting your own face is hardly that big of a deal anyway.

I think???

Something like facebook would be 1000x worse, sense everyone you even slightly know would be able to recognize you and have all your personal details as well.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Luckily my name is so common I don't have to worry about future employers finding out how cute I look in a lacy camisole.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Holy!

Shorts! Your in Oregon?!? And in Portland no less! We could like totally hang out and stuff!
Haha yeah I'm down. My name comes from being 13 or so, and being called Shortie, and wanting to play Brawl. I actually dislike my username a lot, but it's who I am on here now, so. I go by HeyLolita, SpiralSuicune, Shorts, and Ke$haOfTheFlies, on other Smash sites.

And I don't see the big deal about showing your face here? I use Las Pictoras thread all the time, plus my avi is me already.

Luckily my name is so common I don't have to worry about future employers finding out how cute I look in a lacy camisole.

True dat.

vicgur

Smash Ace
I gotta tell ya, I love seeing Smooth Criminal say something here.
I always imagine we're in a movie, and he is the guy who says everything he has to say, turns to the camera and whispers in a serious voice: "Smooth Criminal"
Yes, in an imaginary made up movie, Smooth Criminal is the guy who breaks the fourth wall.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The rumors that we have been getting for Smash 4 lately have been pretty bad. Tharja being an unveil character (4chan), and having Mike Jones, Little Mac, and Doc Louis as unveil characters (NeoGAF), and how many people actually view it as credible (especially the Tharja one) show how easy it would be for someone who actually knows how Sakurai thinks to dupe the gaming press and fanbase.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Well the story of my name.....

The ''DARK'' is there to represent my Highest level character and hours i put into a game called ''Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II'' on Gamecube.
My bro named his Character ''Shadow'' so like were brothers and shadow & dark but yh...soo many memories and hours into that beyond awsome game i will never forget!

Also the Dark & Phazon can relate my love of the Metroid
Series and awsome fetish i had of ''Dark Samus'' one time lol going through the Prime Trilogy & ''Phazon'' sums up the prime trilogy.

Then Dark Phazon was born.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well the story of my name.....

The ''DARK'' is there to represent my Highest level character and hours i put into a game called ''Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II'' on Gamecube.
My bro named his Character ''Shadow'' so like were brothers and shadow & dark but yh...soo many memories and hours into that beyond awsome game i will never forget!

Also the Dark & Phazon can relate my love of the Metroid
Series and awsome fetish i had of ''Dark Samus'' one time lol going through the Prime Trilogy & ''Phazon'' sums up the prime trilogy.

Then Dark Phazon was born.
Ooo, Fellow PSO fan, though I play Blue burst o:

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I am a VERY old account (I haven't seen a frequent poster here any earlier than 2006, and even digging to my old posts I can't find anyone earlier than 2004), back when FF9 came out and I thought Kuja was the most awesome villain ever.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The rumors that we have been getting for Smash 4 lately have been pretty bad. Tharja being an unveil character (4chan), and having Mike Jones, Little Mac, and Doc Louis as unveil characters (NeoGAF), and how many people actually view it as credible (especially the Tharja one) show how easy it would be for someone who actually knows how Sakurai thinks to dupe the gaming press and fanbase.

Pretty. How annoying it'd also be for all of 'em... (-=´l-);

Maan, the direct can't come sooner enough. It's getting boring to wait all the time...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
As far as my username story, it's pretty simple: Sonic Heroes is one of my favorite Sonic games, in which Metal Overlord was the final boss in. Metal Sonic is my favorite Sonic character besides Knuckles so I loved how he got his chance to shine as a major villain

A lot of people think that I'm some huge metalhead though when they see my username, which is ironic lol because rock/metal is actually one of my least favorite overall genres of music (not that I dislike it, I just can't get into it at all; I do like some alternative rock bands though)

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
About leaks, I think only ones two/three days max prior to the Direct would be actually believable (since Brawl was leaked too).

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
And anyway, I remember when the Brawl trailer was leaked by an anonymous source and NOBODY believed it since it included Snake.
Compared to him, Tharja sounds absolutely believable (even though I'm pretty sure it's fake).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Chrono, you should of known by now that people are probably the dumbest creatures alive. If you're being surprised by this, then I'll question how long you've been living under a rock.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tharja is far more believable than Snake yeah. But still, she'd be extremely unfitting. I'd AT LEAST except Chrom to be in if Tharja is gonna to be in there to.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
If somehow that rumour ends up happening...
ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh man

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Is out too late for my username stroy,? Too bad, here.

So I was a tiny nooblet feeling around on the computer today, my brain filled with *shudder* Beyblade. I came across the BB wiki, and wanted to join. Of course, I needed a username. So I sat there, and sat there, and thought many a ******** names, like Sonicblade, Gameblade, (But, now that I think about it, is probably my Gamefaqs username...) And Shootspin. Yeah...
Anyways, after a good hour at staring at the screen, I got bored and decided to hurry up, and thought, "Fast"blade sounded cool and reasonable.
I added the 5035 for identity reasons. Those numbers are actually a part of my school ID.
So there you have it. Ever since then, Fastblade just stuck. Occasionally I lose the 5035, but that's rare.

The end. Not really interesting, heartwarming, or inspiring, but meh, neither am I.

Needless to say, I got over my BB obsession long ago, with my Sonic obsession as well. Now I'm full time Zelda, Fire Emblem, Metroid, and Smash.
I was also an administrator on the wiki for a while, but I retired.
:001:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I think Thajra getting in would just be a testament to how boring Chrom is.

I don't see why anyone would realistically want Thajra in the game besides OMGBEWBS. If you wanted a magic user, Robin or Micaiah would be mich better options.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Hence why I don't go to Facebook.
Yeah, I don't do Facebook either, if i want to talk and/or send pics to my friends i just text it to them. I've seen how Facebook works from my sisters and it is a lot of mundane stuff like "here is what i had for Dinner!". I do have a Twitter though, but that's only for business/professional uses

bobadz

Smash Ace
I would laugh if Thajra got in over Chorm. I would be pissed if she got in over Roy and or Ike.

Also there's a laugh worthy thread on gamefaqs where someone posted about how Chrom's boring, and people are making up excuses about how and why he's likely.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
More SWAG:

SMW isn't that hard of a game. Not sure how this kid can have an issue with it.

They probably wouldn't believe it because it wont be as exciting as the fake rumors.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Heres another rumor supposdly by a user named
''Dark Phazon'' pretty ironic huh....

Well he stated that

''People should just shut the **** up about these rumors and get a life instead of trying to hype fans or disheart them also to try boost there credibility A.K.A Ego...and just Chillllll...and wait...and that if they didnt have anything nice to say they should just shut the **** up!''

Hmmm...i dunno about you guys..but so far out of all the rumors i believe this one the most.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Here's a rumor from an inside but very reliable source.

" Smash 4 will be shown on June 11th."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom