• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Poor Micro****, they will wind up just like Sega if this keeps up. Then Sony and Nintendo (the Japanese console makers) will be the only ones left in a good 4-5 yerars.
The biggest irony is that Microsoft wants to expand their market in Japan! Weeeeell... good luck with that M$.

So people on another forum i go to are actually hoping that the 4chan "LEAK" is real.
More fanboy tears to the collection, I suppose.

volbound1700

Smash Master
It would be really awesome if SEGA brings back SEGA Sports and they sue arguing anti-trust to get the rights to publish NFL, NBA, NCAA, FIFA, NHL, MLB, etc. games as well as EA and Segasports starts making their own sports games just for Wii U and perhaps PS4. I can dream :). SEGASports had some great ideas and games.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So people on another forum i go to are actually hoping that the 4chan "LEAK" is real.
That roster said K. Rool wouldn't be in it right=??? That makes it automatically bad, along with some of the awful character choices.

Plus Tharja literally has no appeal to anyone outside of literally like 2 dozen people, and would make Pichu look like an incredible playable character choice.

But hey, at least we can eat Tharajangajanga's fanboys' delicious tears...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Poor Micro****, they will wind up just like Sega if this keeps up. Then Sony and Nintendo (the Japanese console makers) will be the only ones left in a good 4-5 yerars.
I think Valve will make the Valve Box. As an idea it sounds perfect (replaceable hard drive, processor, etc so you can upgrade the console over time).

As for Microsoft, if the Xbox One pans, Microsoft can still make another console easily. The Sega Saturn kinda panned, so Sega made the Dreamcast come out early. I imagine Microsoft may take the same route, although the technology on their console won't be as far behind as the Dreamcast was (compared to the GameCube, PS2, and Xbox).

volbound1700

Smash Master
Sega Saturn was what really killed Sega, not the Dreamcast. Also, it was more mistakes of the timing of the release, failure to pull in software companies (Sega kept running them off with bad decisions), and wasteful spending. I think Sega didn't believe that their ideas would fail because frankly in someways they had the best ideas and put them out first. The problem was marketing these ideas and keeping them in a reasonable price range which Sega failed to do. Oh well, I still say Sega's future is with Nintendo and they seem to be acting that way.

Agree with poster above that Microsoft has too much money to be the next Sega at the moment but if their bread and butter (Windows) continues to fail, they may get in trouble. Video Gaming is a very small side part of Microsoft's company.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sega Saturn was what really killed Sega, not the Dreamcast. Also, it was more mistakes of the timing of the release, failure to pull in software companies (Sega kept running them off with bad decisions), and wasteful spending. I think Sega didn't believe that their ideas would fail because frankly in someways they had the best ideas and put them out first. The problem was marketing these ideas and keeping them in a reasonable price range which Sega failed to do. Oh well, I still say Sega's future is with Nintendo and they seem to be acting that way.
The Saturn was such a terrible console at a time when there were two legitimate competitors. The Dreamcast I thought was an amazingly revolutionary console.

The combination of the Saturn being a major letdown (and thus people turning from SEGA's future), terrible financial management (SEGA should have saved money; instead, they have lost tons of it over the years), poor sales projections, poor advertisement, poor timing, poor business decisions, the growing strength of the PlayStation and Nintendo brands, and the ultimate arrival of the Xbox ultimately led to the Dreamcast's demise.
Agree with poster above that Microsoft has too much money to be the next Sega at the moment but if their bread and butter (Windows) continues to fail, they may get in trouble. Video Gaming is a very small side part of Microsoft's company.
I don't think Video games is a small percent of the company (I'd say like 15% minimum), but they do have the resources to "fail." And even if they do "fail," they can reset in like 3 or 4 years and start the next console generation prematurely. They got the pockets to do that.

If they are smart they'll make an expensive console (like the Xbox 360) and release it at least a year early and bulk it up with games if that happens.

Although if Microsoft is really smart they'll stop saying crazy crap and doing these unthinkably stupid things and go back to doing things that make people want to get the console.

That means making games, not placing restrictions and price tags on everything, and making the multimedia actually something new. Truth be told the Xbox One looks like a powerful console, so literally they should be 1/4th the way to success, but they are failing at 1/2 of the "Big picture" stuff in the worst ways possible.

Video games are meant to unleash your imagination and take you to new unrestricted worlds, not make you feel restricted and like you're getting robbed.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Personally, I would want that 4chan guy trying to be RoundCactus of last year to be right. I think Tharja would be a very interesting choice considering that, not only is she a dark mage, she's a girl and she's a secondary character bypassing her superior for a spot for the sole reason of making an interesting moveset. A dark mage and not a mage that uses anima or light magic seems pretty cool. She has a pretty good fanbase and... well, I believe it's cause she's a s l u t . . .

Though i wouldn't want it to be true for the Mewtwo awakened forme... I first want to know what that hideous excuse of a better than mewtwo forme can do before i can ride on the bandwagon.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The male dark Mage outfits are just as figure fitting as the girl ones. Tharja is the only that doesn't put her hood on.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Personally, I want me to be right. :troll:

You know, keep all the Brawl characters, bring Mewtwo back, add K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, some new Pokémon, Little Mac, Shulk, Isaac, Paper Mario, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Krom and/or (an overhauled) Roy.

That'd be a pretty sweet roster. :teeth:
That's what stars are for
Stars = Short-Term Pain but not Long-Term Damage = The Extended Mario and Nintendo Universes' Concussions=???

Seems legit.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
That roster said K. Rool wouldn't be in it right=??? That makes it automatically bad, along with some of the awful character choices.

Plus Tharja literally has no appeal to anyone outside of literally like 2 dozen people, and would make Pichu look like an incredible playable character choice.

But hey, at least we can eat Tharajangajanga's fanboys' delicious tears...
So yummy! Also, the "leak" didn't say anything about K Rool not being playable. It only said he wouldn't be in the trailer, right? But regardless, it's almost entirely bull****.

On the topic of the Xbox One, I would make a 1984 joke, but I'm not sure anyone here would get it... :(

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hoots, your awesome Layton signature is broken. (or at least to me) D: Never mind I can see it again now. :)

And yeah, that rumor is fake unless proven otherwise. Just like any other rumors.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I've always thought of Apple being the company that acts most like big brother with all their data mining; which is ironic considering they put out that one ad waaaay back when. 2013 is just like 1984.
Even more so when you look at the current political situation, but I wouldn't dare start a political debate in this bastion of civil discourse. :awesome:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You know, keep all the Brawl characters, bring Mewtwo back, add K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, some new Pokémon, Little Mac, Shulk, Isaac, Paper Mario, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Krom and/or (an overhauled) Roy.

That'd be a pretty sweet roster. :teeth:
That'd be a pretty boring roster. :glare:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ Wow, is that a new Xbox One model, because it looks IMPRESSIVE!!! :grin:
So yummy! Also, the "leak" didn't say anything about K Rool not being playable. It only said he wouldn't be in the trailer, right? But regardless, it's almost entirely bull****.

On the topic of the Xbox One, I would make a 1984 joke, but I'm not sure anyone here would get it... :(
1. Yeah K. Rool would be perfect for a reveal trailer if he's with a cast of veterans. He just would be so unique and yet he'd fit in perfectly.
2. That was easily one of the worst rumors so far, and it was so wrong, that it's painful.
3. I'd get the joke, and even if I/we didn't, we'd still laugh, because the Xbox One is a joke enough to make us laugh.

And yet it's painful to see all that potential for greatness in a 3rd Xbox go to ruin. Oh well...

Oh, and our American civil liberties and right to privacy sucks, but perhaps we're about to recapture or spark for seeking out civil liberties and protecting our rights.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

I read it in high school.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Eh, I probably will be getting the PS4 instead of the X-Box anyway... I prefer the Playstation exclusives to the Xbox ones by a long shot. Right now I have a 360, but that's only because I was able to get a new one for $100.

I realllllly hope that the Wii U gets more titles that I want to play... as it is now, I might end up purchasing a Wii U just to play Smash, and I'd feel like a pretty big idiot doing that.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Eh, I probably will be getting the PS4 instead of the X-Box anyway... I prefer the Playstation exclusives to the Xbox ones by a long shot. Right now I have a 360, but that's only because I was able to get a new one for $100.

I realllllly hope that the Wii U gets more titles that I want to play... as it is now, I might end up purchasing a Wii U just to play Smash, and I'd feel like a pretty big idiot doing that.
Well if you dont like Mario/Zelda/Metroid/DK/Starfox/Animal crossing/fire emblem/pikmin/monster hunter and some more then yes it will be a waste of money.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Well if you dont like Mario/Zelda/Metroid/DK/Starfox/Animal crossing/fire emblem/pikmin/monster hunter and some more then yes it will be a waste of money.
They should've had some of those on launch. :p

And, for those listed franchises, for the Wii I only purchased the Mario, Zelda and Metroid games. Well, I also got FE: Path of Radiance and Monster Hunter Tri but I really didn't enjoy those.

D

Deleted member

I've crumbled to the (non-existent) pressure. You *******s.

My hair is dyed here, it's naturally black. And yes, I am part-Asian (Japanese). Most people can't tell.

And get your long hair back soon Diddy. ;)

Anyway, I'm out.

WOAH

>dat innocent smile
>dem amber eyes
>dat fair skin
>dat delicate slender frame

Would rescue from another castle/10

Thank God you spoilered that, I really could have died of a heart attack there...

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Everyone pretty much reacted the way I expected them to by her posting a picture, and ManlySpirit just won the grand prize. She couldn't have expected anything other than this to occur. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom