• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

volbound1700

Smash Master
You know... In retrospect, it's kinda lame that we've all exposed our irl identities in the forum, it kinda kills the surprise for when you meet someone at a tourney or something. Though I wonder how many of you I'd actually meet at some sort of tournament.
I will never be good enough in Smash to be at a tourney nor do I have the time to go to one.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Phazon you look like a dude I was friends with for a long time bro.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm one of the few good enough smashers to run into you guys at a tournament, and I'm terrible and I'm in freaking NorCal, which is the 2nd most stacked region after SoCal. :laugh:
I now know what most of you look like, and at the same time, I am absolutely not photogenic...every time I take a picture, I look like I'm stoned/depressed/bored out of my mind.

Hell, the last photo ID I had to take for the SAT looks like a mugshot :laugh:
For my Driver's License Photo I look like I just killed someone. Of course that's because I got a big cut on my leg, I told the person not to take my picture yet, and they did.
HOW!?
How do they keep making this worse?
Because SCIENCE!!!

volbound1700

Smash Master
Kinda feel the same.
That and the girl in the picture is taking up more time along with work. Actually she is really good to me, I get her to play Smash with me sometimes.

I had a tournament with my friends I labeled "Smash Madness" after "March Madness" and use the Tournament mode in it.

This is how bad some of my friends were, we had AIs in it as well and over half of them went down in the first game to Computer Opponents. We had two computers in the final four lol. (Although some losses were cheap, AI getting Smash balls - we played with items).

The guy that always wins spams Lucas' Meteor Shower attack. Lucas is really good at getting Smash Ball compared to other characters. The player is great at using PK psychic ball (don't know official name) to get the Smash Ball and often gets it in one hit. It is annoying as heck.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wow, freaking this Kinect thing has gone too far. Read what I found from this IGN article:

Theoretically, if the Kinect establishes there are more people in the room than is permitted according to the licence that users agree to when renting of purchasing content, the movie won't play.

"The users consuming the content on a display device are monitored so that if the number of user-views licensed is exceeded, remedial action may be taken," it reads.

According to unverified "industry sources" spoken to by MCV within the last month, this is a real thing Microsoft is planning to implement on Xbox One using Kinect 2.
And according to this IGN article, the Xbox One Kinect (which must be attached to use the console) has two microphones that are ALWAYS ON!!!

Why would anyone ever want that console=???

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
If yesterday taught me anything is that those committed to this thread have remained. The captain always goes down with the ship.

volbound1700

Smash Master
This is going to be a worse debacle than EA with Sim City. (I hate that EA owns Maxis btw). Sad thing is EA was once a good company back in 1990s they made great games. Early Madden and CFB games were stock full of material, modes, etc. but starting around 2002 and on they just started rehashing everything and making it into cheap junk.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wow, freaking this Kinect thing has gone too far. Read what I found from this IGN article:
And according to this IGN article, the Xbox One Kinect (which must be attached to use the console) has two microphones that are ALWAYS ON!!!

They say there's not thing such as bad publicity... doesn't seem to be the case for this. This is worse than the worst.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Wow...seriously..i dunno man thing is **** like that are MS really just gonna come and and say these features of the console at E3 or later before its Launch...or there just gonna release it and not speak on the matter because they think its not important?

Thats what i trully wanna know...Ugh..seriously...WiiU all the way this Gen...

All these things cant be true..its just...so wrong..

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Young Horsetail
Dude, you kinda look like Alan (the Peach player). It's kind of ridiculous actually. That dude does so much "casual smasher" stuff at Smash Tournaments that not even "casual smashers" are "casual" enough to do, and it's freaking hilarious (giant melee lava drowning matches on Brinstar, tiny Melee Hyrule Temple camping matches, etc.
If yesterday taught me anything is that those committed to this thread have remained. The captain always goes down with the ship.
Is that why your profile picture is upside down=??? :awesome:
You know, I have to say... we're all pretty good looking, considering we hang out on video game forums and argue about fictional characters.
That's not all I do. I also enjoy hunting down people in Vienna, mass killing sprees in Los Ventures, and beating up talking animals like hedgehogs, mouses, turtles, dinosaurs, monkeys, apes, foxes, falcons, wolfs, penguins, and insects.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
"Calamity" is the lamest potential name for a Smash Bros. game I have ever heard.
Wow...seriously..i dunno man thing is **** like that are MS really just gonna come and and say these features of the console at E3 or later before its Launch...or there just gonna release it and not speak on the matter because they think its not important?

All these things cant be true..its just...so wrong..
I know. It's freaking shocking how many stupid decisions they are making. So far, the Xbox One is basically a weak cable box (that doesn't work outside of America mind you), has features that are "new" and "revolutionary" (or as we call them, standard smartphone features), pro-EA (and really only the biggest 3rd party companies), pro-TV content, anti-independent game developers, anti-Xbox 360 gamers and games (no backwards compatibility with even your digital library, lol), and really ultimately pro-Microsoft and anti-Microsoft gamers.

This makes all the stupidity of Windows 8 look intelligent.
Spying missions. :troll:
Well I guess that's why Snake Raiden won't be on that console. :troll:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This is going to be a worse debacle than EA with Sim City. (I hate that EA owns Maxis btw). Sad thing is EA was once a good company back in 1990s they made great games. Early Madden and CFB games were stock full of material, modes, etc. but starting around 2002 and on they just started rehashing everything and making it into cheap junk.
Yeah, EA has killed Maxis into a money-grubbing company, and they have really limited BioWare. I remember when BioWare used to do all these incredible things in gaming, and now they are so freaking controlled that you can't help but feel bad. EA is terrible at managing studios, especially talented studios.

And yeah, the used to be great and innovative, but really around the time they pushed out NFL 2K they turned into a full blown villainous company.
I now know what most of you look like, and at the same time, I am absolutely not photogenic...every time I take a picture, I look like I'm stoned/depressed/bored out of my mind.

Hell, the last photo ID I had to take for the SAT looks like a mugshot :laugh:
For my Driver's License Photo I look like I just killed someone. Of course that's because I got a big cut on my leg, I told the person not to take my picture yet, and yet they did exactly that after I said it without even hesitating or thinking about it.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
phazon looks exactly how I expected him to look

OK M$, THAT'S IT I'M TIRED OF YOUR BS, I'M DONE!!!

nintendo, please get my beloved bear, chicken, and pinatas AWAY from Spychro$oft!!!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah, EA has killed Maxis into a money-grubbing company, and they have really limited BioWare. I remember when BioWare used to do all these incredible things in gaming, and now they are so freaking controlled that you can't help but feel bad. EA is terrible at managing studios, especially talented studios.

And yeah, the used to be great and innovative, but really around the time they pushed out NFL 2K they turned into a full blown villainous company.
Don't forget about Westwood Studios, who did the Command & Conquer series! They killed one of the best RTS franchises to ever exist. I still remember playing Command and Conquer: Red Alert during my childhood.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Don't forget about Westwood Studios, who did the Command & Conquer series! They killed one of the best RTS franchises to ever exist. I still remember playing Command and Conquer: Red Alert during my childhood.
I enjoyed Generals, but the last really good one, I feel, was Red Alert 2

Tiberian Twilight was HORRIBLE. Absolutely hated that game.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah that was one of my cousin's favorite series, and now because of what they did to that studio and Command and Conquer (specifically after Red Alert 2), he vowed to never buy an EA-published game ever again (and he's stuck to that promise).
HOW!?
How do they keep making this worse?
Because SCIENCE!!!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just got back from a store that sells old school games and systems and bought 3 GBA games. When I got home to test them on my Game Boy Advance SP, the screen was super glitched up on all three games. Turn it on with no game in the slot and got the same results. To make it worse that was a limited edition FireRed Charizard GBA SP.

SHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Falchion Lunch
I saw the picture, and if my memory serves me correctly, you appeared fairly normal (which in SmashBoards language means you're a dude). :laugh:

@ Bros de Wario
That sucks bro. You should do this as your reaction to these sudden turn of events.
They say there's not thing such as bad publicity... doesn't seem to be the case for this. This is worse than the worst.
Nobody could imagine this being this bad. It's like they took our worst fears, ran with it, destroyed it, and made it approximately a thousand times worse. Which sucks, because a sequel console to the Xbox 360 had SO MUCH GREAT POTENTIAL!!!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Just got back from a store that sells old school games and systems and bought 3 GBA games. When I got home to test them on my Game Boy Advance SP, the screen was super glitched up on all three games. Turn it on with no game in the slot and got the same results. To make it worse that was a limited edition FireRed Charizard GBA SP.

Ahhh...thats ****ed....sorry to hear that man....

SHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Poor Microdick, they will wind up just like Sega if this keeps up. Then Sony and Nintendo (the Japanese console makers) will be the only ones left in a good 4-5 yerars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom