• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
@augustoflores: I don't know how you manage to do that, but I really like that picture.

@Johnknight1: I've always wanted a console that replicated the quality of the SNES; which had a great balance of great titles without an insane amount of shovelware that plagued the NES, PS1/2 and Wii. To this day, we still haven't seen that and the Wii-U's early performance made me lose hope in that, but perhaps they might be able to pull off a miracle if Nintendo play their card right.
I have high hopes for the Wii U. It is true that it had a rocky start, but what system doesn't? The PS3 did horribly the first few years and then picked up to be a great console. One thing people don't seem to remember is that the reason Nintendo's first party franchises are so good is that Nintendo takes their time until the game is great. That is why Brawl was delayed so many times. While there isn't much today, give it a year or two and it will be riddled with great exclusives.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Good summary Johnknight. Gives me hope for the Wii U. Still haven't bought one.
I'd like to add it gives hope to Sony, too. Both consoles could sell over 100 million units IMO. If Nintendo slips up or even just has a tiny period where they have no real big name exclusives, Sony could "take the lead" or at least gain a lot of momentum with the PS4.

That could happen Sony gets say MGS5, MGS: Ground Zeroes, Uncharted, a new take on Jak and Daxter (which should happen; that IP was an incredible experimental combination of platformers and shooters that I think would be great to reintroduce now), Ratchet & Clank, or really anything Naughty Dogs makes, they can really get some momentum.

Sony showed some maturity with the terrible PS3 start. Hopefully they truly did learn from that and learned that just because they were on top doesn't mean they can go and party when they're on top. No, champs gonna train and train and improve and improve in order to keep that belt, and since the start of this generation they haven't been close to the belt at all in regards to home consoles.

It would truly be great if Sony and Nintendo learned from their mistakes with their last consoles, bring back what worked in previous generations, and gave a great effort going forward with this generation. Overall however both companies have made great games and consoles since they started (regardless of how underwhelming consoles like the PSP and GCN performed, all of them were worth owning and then some).

Hopefully Microsoft learns, whether the easy way or the hard way, that in order to sell game consoles, you have to put gamers first, because quite frankly, they aren't even close to doing that with the Xbox One. All they have in it is a giant confused mess of a box that does nothing that some other box already does better.

The Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS, and PSP, all while rocky at times, especially at their starts, were great consoles. From the looks of it, Sony and Nintendo seem to have a great plan in place that shows the company's collective maturity. Microsoft, however, took the opposite route. Of course, all that can change with time.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
So ... you can call people with voice commands, and you will always be on camera. Which means you'd better hope that in the throes of sofa sex you don't shout anything that sounds like "call Grandma." -- Cracked.com

It's actually really creepy how you're forced to have a Kinect, and it will be on at all times, watching you. Just what do you want from me, Microsoft.

I wish I was a sleazy business man that could sell something like "Kinect Kovers" to keep the camera covered. With a bit of scare tactics marketing, I bet it'd do great.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So ... you can call people with voice commands, and you will always be on camera. Which means you'd better hope that in the throes of sofa sex you don't shout anything that sounds like "call Grandma." -- Cracked.com

It's actually really creepy how you're forced to have a Kinect, and it will be on at all times, watching you. Just what do you want from me, Microsoft.

I wish I was a sleazy business man that could sell something like "Kinect Kovers" to keep the camera covered. With a bit of scare tactics marketing, I bet it'd do great.
I think it's even more creepy they're yelling about their grandmother during sex

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The whole "Kinect One can spy on you" dealio is pretty creepy. Seriously, whatever happened to the good ole' American love of the right of privacy=???

Oh yeah, 9/11, the Patriot Act, and a whole lot of bull crap totalitarian politics justified by fear tactics.
I think it's even more creepy they're yelling about their grandmother during sex
Maybe if you were Stronger you would Scream It too...

...or if you loved your Grandmore Some More!

Also, Oasis, it Sounds like you Love your Grandmother A lot.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
"Do you want internet hackers watching your children play video games and sending them invitations to "Skype?" (the quotations are important here because some may not know what Skype is and assume it's some sort of sexual act), buy our Kinect Kovers today to protect your children in the future."

I remember my friend would get creeped out by his webcam and I think he put a sticker over it, lol.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Those last few pages
. . . . . . . .
You've all completely lost it.
N3ON is pretty cute though...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I hope some of you guys didn't scare off N3ON. It'd suck if we lost one of our best posters. Plus, smiles would be criminally underused. :eek::awesome::teeth::cyclops::crying::upsidedown::rolleyes:;)

Also, ONLY I CAN SCARE AWAY SWF USERS MERE MORTALS!!! BOW BEFORE YOUR NEW KNIGHTLY GOD!!!
"Do you want internet hackers watching your children play video games and sending them invitations to "Skype?" (the quotations are important here because some may not know what Skype is and assume it's some sort of sexual act), buy our Kinect Kovers today to protect your children in the future."

I remember my friend would get creeped out by his webcam and I think he put a sticker over it, lol.
I got a few anti-privacy/government drone programs on my computer just because that crap makes me paranoid as hell. Seriously, where does the line end=??? Now that Verizon has that recording DVR patent and now Microsoft has a spying Kinect patent, what next=??? Refrigerators that spy on you=???

"Big Brother is Always Watching You" indeed George Orwell.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Whatever government man is watching me, I bet he feels lucky.

"Man so there was this guy doing a lot of research on plutonium and nuclear weapons, and like, he made a joke once that saying "assassinate Joe Biden" would get past our word filters or something because he's not important enough or whatever lol, but yeah so I spied a bit more on him and WOW he's like this maid guy and he was looking up plutonium to see how much a person would weigh if they were made of the stuff YEAH I KNOW like what??? haha what a weirdo."

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of pity the government man assigned to monitor what I look up

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I guess you could say he has an EYE ON YOUROLFLMALMFJSOJFLJSDLKJHAHAHA

"Oh yeah and he makes really stupid jokes all the time it's kind of lame."

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I kind of pity the government man assigned to monitor what I look up
I'd say the same thing, but I don't post that crazy of stuff.

Now the stuff I say, that's freaking crazy, and there's no doubt about it.

And the stuff I think, "crazy" doesn't even begin to scratch the surface, or even come near the surface.

In fact, I'd dare if a government worker heard what I said all day, they'd probably go crazy and quit their job or create a cult in my honor. Either way I win! :teeth:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'll do an exception this once to show pics of myself.

Though hum, these are from Tumblr...

Also Oasis put those shades back on you look ridiculous without 'em okay

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Haha, what the heck. I've enjoyed seeing what people look like, might as throw my face up on the nets.
You know, I have to say... we're all pretty good looking, considering we hang out on video game forums and argue about fictional characters.

Attachments

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Does photoshop follow you wherever you go.

@Horsetail: PFFF, you wouldn't understand. The Shades work well with the maid dress since they're both black, but they don't really work with a Salmon cami.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I now know what most of you look like, and at the same time, I am absolutely not photogenic...every time I take a picture, I look like I'm stoned/depressed/bored out of my mind.

Hell, the last photo ID I had to take for the SAT looks like a mugshot :laugh:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
My god! I think I missed the best series of events ever in this thread! Curse my unfortunate scheduling issues!

So anyway guys, I think it's time to post myself. Awwww yeah.

Yes. It *is* the best suit ever. Why thank you! :cool:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Is your hair pink and blonde. Always thought that might look neat. But I just like pink and yellow as a color combo.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Is your hair pink and blonde. Always thought that might look neat. But I just like pink and yellow as a color combo.
At the time it was pink/light brown. I thought it looked good, although in that pic it looks a little funny in the light.

Now it's just brown again :/

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep

Yeah this is the best I got. We were at a Rammstein concert last month in Bologna. I usually have glasses and I usually refuse to wear any catholic-related object on me but that was a gift, so... Also I usually do not look like a pig on weed.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'll do an exception this once to show pics of myself.

Though hum, these are from Tumblr...

Also Oasis put those shades back on you look ridiculous without 'em okay
Playing FE4 makes you even more awesome now.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So... the thread's topic moved to posting pictures of yourself?

Don't feel very comfortable in posting my picture on the Internet... :ohwell:

volbound1700

Smash Master
can't post picture now but plan to post pic of me with fiancee later this evening. At work right now. We will probably be way off topic by then anyways lol.

Ah what the heck. Here is my pic IMG_7800.jpg I

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Only girls have to be afraid.
I just don't like the idea of having my own picture for everyone to see. Even when going outside, I tend to avoid crowded places...

I often feel uncomfortable around strangers and tend to distrust people at the first glance, so you get why I'm stating this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom