• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Guys I just realized that "NEW Super Smash Bros" and "Super Smash Bros U" are actually legitimate potential title names for a new smash bros game.

Still, one of them needs to be called "Clash." It's just too perfect of a title!
CJ Miles, can't remember who else
That reminds me I have an autographed ball from the 2002 A's. Man I loved that team. I was there for the whole 6 games when they got close to, tied, and broke the AL win streak record. *rant time* That whole rotation was incredible. That team would have been one of the all-time greats if the A's had resigned Giambi and Damon instead of being freaking cheap. The A's ownership is one of the richest ownership groups in all of sports, but they're super cheap. To think just 15 years ago the A's had the highest payroll in all of baseball. *ends rant*

And yeah, I remember CJ Miles. He's a fairly average bench player, which in and of itself is an incredible feat in the NBA, especially considering how young he is.

All I can really tell you from memory other than that is he's a fairly nice shooter and he makes his free throws.

And Gordon Hayward is a very underrated player. That whole team is only a starter improving and perhaps a new starter and a new high level bench player or two away from being a force in the West.

Also, that reminds me of a funny story. My younger brother's favorite teacher at his high school got a autographed Golden State Warriors Monte Ellis jersey for his birthday from his wife. Sadly for him, that day was the day the Golden State Warriors traded Monte Ellis to the Milwaukee Bucks (should have gone for Curry as I've said from the get go!!!).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just thought of another awesome character.

Slowpoke/ Slowbro (Whichever floats your boat, Slowbro is bipedal which might be better)

Has a lag between your commands and when he reacts

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Guys I just realized that "NEW Super Smash Bros" and "Super Smash Bros U" are actually legitimate potential title names for a new smash bros game.

Still, one of them needs to be called "Clash." It's just too perfect of a title!

That reminds me I have an autographed ball from the 2002 A's. Man I love that team.

And yeah, I remember CJ Miles. He's a fairly average bench player, which in and of itself is an incredible feat in the NBA, especially considering how young he is.
Because he came out of high school, could have been a better starter if he wasn't so streaky,

I'm really exited for this year's draft, really help your golden state pick can help us get Trey Burke (or MCW)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Because he came out of high school, could have been a better starter if he wasn't so streaky,
Yeah that was a bad move for his development as a player. He clearly is lacking somewhat undefinable or at least hard to define attributes that the "ready" high school draft picks and the 4-year college players have.
I'm really exited for this year's draft, really help your golden state pick can help us get Trey Burke (or MCW)
Trey Burke + Al Jefferson would be a great combo. And I'm pretty high on Trey Burke btw. I think he has the potential to achieve greatness in the NBA if he reaches his full potential.

With the Lakers seemingly dead in the water and the Clippers set to free fall (unless they get a grade-A coach), and really no other "clear" rising team that didn't make the playoffs (other than Portland at least), there's quite a chance for the Jazz to make some noise next year in the always stacked West.

If the Jazz were in the East, they'd probably be the 4 seed! :laugh:

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Trey Burke + Al Jefferson would be a great combo. And I'm pretty high on Trey Burke btw. I think he has the potential to achieve greatness in the NBA if he reaches his full potential.

With the Lakers seemingly dead in the water and the Clippers set to free fall (unless they get a grade-A coach), and really no other "clear" rising team that didn't make the playoffs (other than Portland at least), there's quite a chance for the Jazz to make some noise next year in the always stacked West.

If the Jazz were in the East, they'd probably be the 4 seed!
Some of us jazz fans want to sign and trade Jefferson to get something (one scenario I saw was to the bulls (who would amnesty boozer) for a '15 bobcats pick), actually I think Jefferson is just what the Warriors need to be a contender

really corbin is worse then del negro

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Some of us jazz fans want to sign and trade Jefferson to get something (one scenario I saw was to the bulls (who would amnesty boozer) for a '15 bobcats pick), actually I think Jefferson is just what the Warriors need to be a contender

really corbin is worse then del negro
Nobody is worse than Del Negro... except possibly whoever is the coach of the Orlando Magic and especially the Charlotte Bobcats (can they change their name back to the Charlotte Hornets already=??? Because the Bobcats name sucks!)

But yeah, you guys need a new, young coach (just don't steal Moses Malone from us).

I don't think Jefferson is really needed to make the Warriors contenders. We already are. Considering that Lee, Bogut, and Rush are finally going to be healthy, our 4 great rookies this year are constantly improving, Klay keeps getting better, and IMO we got the best point guard (outside of Rondo) in Curry, we've got a serious powerhouse team for the next 5-7 years at least.

I think if any team needs Jefferson, it's the Clippers (DeAndre Jordan is a joke at center), or one of many teams in the East (Celtics? Magic? Bobcats?).

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
still mad we couldn't trade millsap for bledsoe and odom (who we would have just released)

problem I see with Curry and Bogut is both are made of glass, it will be pretty rare if both are healthy

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
still mad we couldn't trade millsap for bledsoe and odom (who we would have just released)
I never thought Odom was that great, but Bledsoe is criminally underrated. Bledsoe is going to really impact a team next year. The same goes for Jamal Crawford.
problem I see with Curry and Bogut is both are made of glass, it will be pretty rare if both are healthy
With Curry I think he'll get healthier as his body matures and he puts on more muscle. He's still really freaking young, and he's a late bloomer in terms of his body physically aging.

As for Bogut, it's hard to tell. His injury could be a freak thing or a constant problem. At least we got decent guys on the bench who are developing very nicely.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
were you guys seriously showing yourselves on the internet? i guess it's only right i show myself, robots n'all.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm disappointed that, other than me and Oasis, no one looks like their avatar

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... i've had this avatar for a long time... thinking of changing it now...

i'm gonna be a girl now. just cuz.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I actually have posted my real picture on this site twice, though they are really old pictures

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
While we're still making shocking revelations, I have to make it public that I'm not always upside down like my avatar might suggest.
I also have to confess that I am upside down, right-side up, sideways in both directions, direct air traffic from indoors, play with a jar of peanut butter, and riding a freaking lamp as if it was an elephant at various times of the day.

Why you ask=???

Because I do it FOR AMERICA!!!

D

Deleted member

Has anyone noticed that the Xbox One announcement may have saved the Wii-U?

If the Xbox One had looked to be a console of a similar quality to the Xbox 360, the Wii-U would continue to be the punching bag for the rest of the generation and as such, would not be taken very seriously. But with the Xbox One announcement being an epic disaster, people are looking towards the PS4 and Wii-U for their console fix and Nintendo can use this opportunity to strike interest within fans and capture gamers once again.

The Wii-U, effectively, has been given a second chance, one that they cannot afford to lose. Let's hope that they make it count with the Nintendo Direct and E3.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Super Saiyan 4 Bros. Fan (that's a pretty cool nickname for Vegeta and Goku actually)
We've gone over that. Amazon (UK?) recently reported WiiU sales went through the roof after the Xbox ONE reveal; like, at least 700% higher sales.

With a lot of great games on the horizon, the WiiU can do what the Xbox 360: capture momentum by being the first console in a new generation market and never let it go. Actually that is kinda sorta what the Super Nintendo did.

With the PS4 conference being "meh," Nintendo has a real opportunity, especially if a HIGH QUALITY (as in the quality we're used to) 3D Mario game comes out this year. That would be a freaking gigantic dagger to the PS4. Add in maybe Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, Xenoblades 2, whatever Retro Studios is making, Zelda, and Smash Bros, and man, that's a tough roster of exclusives to deal with, even if GTA V goes to the PS4 (and not the WiiU; which btw, a GTA game with the WiiU Pad would be great!).

The PS4 would need to really capture momentum fast, and I don't think they have the IP's to do it with Ratchet & Clank being in the gutter, Jak & Daxter dead, Naughty Dogs really focused on The Last Of Us for the PS3, and Uncharted 3 coming out not too long ago.
I salute you good sir :drfacepalm:
No sir, salute AMERICA!!!

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
ehhh, fifty minutes of drawing.

imma start pretending i'm a girl until further notice.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Only fifty minutes. That is a quick sex change. But in all seriousness. Nice job.
A quick sex change but a slow gender change.
A quick marathon race time but a slow mile run time.
A quick chat with a woman but a slow chat with a guy.
A quick Giant Gigante Grande Tortilla dump but a slow just plain Grande Tortilla dump.
A quick entry into smash with Pit but a slow and grueling entry into smash with King Dedede.

D

Deleted member

@augustoflores: I don't know how you manage to do that, but I really like that picture.

@Johnknight1: I've always wanted a console that replicated the quality of the SNES; which had a great balance of great titles without an insane amount of shovelware that plagued the NES, PS1/2 and Wii. To this day, we still haven't seen that and the Wii-U's early performance made me lose hope in that, but perhaps they might be able to pull off a miracle if Nintendo play their card right.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
pffft, that's nothing, i've been working on this for the longest time.

it looks a little better now, but those wings and those antennaes will be changed.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@Johnknight1: I've always wanted a console that replicated the quality of the SNES; which had a great balance of great titles without an insane amount of shovelware that plagued the NES, PS1/2 and Wii. To this day, we still haven't seen that and the Wii-U's early performance made me lose hope in that, but perhaps they might be able to pull off a miracle if Nintendo play their card right.
Well, the SNES started with pure aces in Wario's Woods, Super Mario World, Super Castlevania IV, and F-Zero off the bat, and every year we got like half a dozen classic games. So far with the WiiU, the best game has either been the WiiU's version of Monster Hunter Tri (which from what I hear is inferior to the 3DS version) or NEW Super Mario Bros. U (which what I hear is that it is underrated). That's a slow start.

What I was more getting at is the SNES started sooner than any other "real" Gen IV console, and it went full pedal to the metal and won that generation early. Obviously the WiiU had a slow start, but if it can get going fast while the PS4 starts slow and Xbox One barely starts at all (that console IMO so far has nothing), it can win it early.

The Wii kinda won it early with the appeal of its' new way of gaming and inventing literally a new "faction" of gamers, and sorta reinventing the wheel. Having the mega-hit Wii Sports that became a phenomenon in and of itself with near everyone and the revolutionary Zelda: Twilight Princess (in terms of controls, because that game did something I thought would never happen with those motion controls) is a great way to start, and it only got better until somewhere in 2008 where the console's "newness" wore off and the great titles stopped consistently coming.

Nintendo seems to be pushing the WiiU to become something of the fascination of the Wii, but have the steady pace of great games like the consoles before the Wii, but with better marketing, more variety, and with room for 3rd party companies to make big (sometimes exclusive) releases in between.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Great picture Augusto. Do you use photoshop to paint that? Not just drawing talent, but good art direction as well.

Good summary Johnknight. Gives me hope for the Wii U. Still haven't bought one.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I'd love for Xbox to become the new dreamcast. i know that's not a nice thing to say but if valve is coming into the console market, that means there will be 4 console manufacturers and the odd one right now is xbox for defiling in the faces of gamers on that fateful night. not to mention michael pachter will have to eat his words and backtrack to save face.

yes, i use photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom