• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I freaking recently scraped Tabuu on Intense in Project M as Ness, and he didn't even hit me.

Because when you go as fast as you do in Melee, crap gets done.
How Da Fuq can they have it for Pre order or even on their site when it doesnt even have a Official name yet...
It's been announced, so that's all that matters. Also, it not getting cancelled.
200lbs is pretty huge dude.

Arnold weighed 235 in his peak and he's 3 inches taller than me.
I met the Governator... TWICE!!!

Once in 4th grade my group got lost in the State Government Head Building thingy and he directed us.

The other time I was at a restaurant about 8 years ago with my mom (he was governor of California then obviously; and boy oh boy did he fail at that) and he came in (to "advertise" California's economy) and sat like a table across from us.

He really isn't that tall, but my God he just has that "essence" of power when you're next to him, even though he's only like 6'2.

Also, all of his security guards were like 6'4, 260 lbs. Just sayin'.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Nah sorry phazon. I beat taboo to easily on the highest difficulty so they wouldn't tell me. It seems like holder is about to join you though, perhaps you could figure it out together.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
A playable Smash character like Tabuu, Master Hand, or Crazy Hand is a terrible idea. If you want to play as them so bad, use Action Replay, Game Shark, or some Brawl mod. Those exist you know.

Besides that they got no moves and don't work. As for original characters, we'd rather have actual video game characters people care about. Besides, most fighting game original characters suck. Just look at the awfulness that Street Fighter has produced (sans characters like Ryu, M. Bison, and Guile).

Also guys, I found the song that Smash WiiU and 3DS should open to...

FOR AMERICA!!!

volbound1700

Smash Master
Fox News redeeming themselves.
A little note on news organizations, many columnists, editors, journalists, etc. are widely syndicated, and the stupidity of one journalists from one network means nothing. In fact, if you look at the one who wrote that article you were all hammering before, he primarily does random technology stuff, not game stuff, so we can see his particular field of expertise, from his point of view it IS a leap forward, it's just nowhere near a leap forward for GAMING.
Well to be fair I posted something from CNN earlier in this thread where they were boasting about the Xboxone being a game changer.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Nah sorry phazon. I beat taboo to easily on the highest difficulty so they wouldn't tell me. It seems like holder is about to join you though, perhaps you could figure it out together.
I dunno....maybe if the game wasent Garbage i wouldnt havesold it aftee 6 months...would have kept playing it and got better...but ehhh...sheet happens...

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I freaking recently scraped Tabuu on Intense in Project M as Ness, and he didn't even hit me.

Because when you go as fast as you do in Melee, crap gets done.

It's been announced, so that's all that matters. Also, it not getting cancelled.

Once in 4th grade my group got lost in the State Government Head Building thingy and he directed us.

The other time I was at a restaurant about 8 years ago with my mom (he was governor of California then obviously; and boy oh boy did he fail at that) and he came in (to "advertise" California's economy) and sat like a table across from us.

He really isn't that tall, but my God he just has that "essence" of power when you're next to him, even though he's only like 6'2.

Heh, awesome. Hey, question for all you Wii U owners... what's your favorite game already on the Wii U?

D

Deleted member

I am so jelly.

No lie, he's someone I admire a lot as a person. Dude came from nothing and is the embodiment of a self-made man. He set goals for himself and got them done through hard work and effort.

Now, while I don't ever wanna get as big as him, his entire attitude toward life is very inspiring.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Tabuu could work as a character if he was designed as a boss and a fighter. After you beat his boss form, he could lose most of his power and become a character balanced with the rest of the cast.

However, Brawl's story mode (and its online play) were the big flaws. Tabuu will probably be conveniently forgotten.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I dunno....maybe if the game wasent Garbage i wouldnt havesold it aftee 6 months...would have kept playing it and got better...but ehhh...sheet happens...
Typical defense mechanism. Brawl was the single greatest thing to ever grace the face of this planet.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well to be fair I posted something from CNN earlier in this thread where they were boasting about the Xboxone being a game changer.
And to be fair to CNN, they aren't a heck of a lot better than Fox News.
I am so jelly.
I was in total shock both times. It was like "oh there's Arnold, oh he's talking, oh-kay bye...."...

.."OH MY GOSH!!! I COULD HAVE ASKED HIM SOMETHING COOL! YOU IDIOT! IDIOT! IIIIDDDDDIIOOOTTT!!!!" :laugh:
No lie, he's someone I admire a lot as a person. Dude came from nothing and is the embodiment of a self-made man. He set goals for himself and got them done through hard work and effort.

Now, while I don't ever wanna get as big as him, his entire attitude toward life is very inspiring.
I appreciate that part of him, but I would much rather he had fixed our state's budget issue instead of making it more than twice as bad, and he hadn't spent most of his two terms of government hiding his child with that maid (or whatever) of his.

Seriously, if he had lead the fixing of our state we could have so much more cool stuff... like CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES!!!

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I like to think that Tabuu was actually just a holographic projection of the real (much cooler) villain. Kind of a Wizard of Oz Man-Behind-The-Curtain deal... Some mad genius who creates artificial monsters and masterminds horrible plots... While simultaneously being an actual normal-sized character that can be played after all of his inventions have been defeated.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I like to think that Tabuu was actually just a holographic projection of the real (much cooler) villain. Kind of a Wizard of Oz Man-Behind-The-Curtain deal... Some mad genius who creates artificial monsters and masterminds horrible plots... While simultaneously being an actual normal-sized character that can be played after all of his inventions have been defeated.
Intresting theory.....Yh Tabuu was a ''Hollow'' Character.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Typical defense mechanism. Brawl was the single greatest thing to ever grace the face of this planet.
If by "greatest thing to ever grace the face of this planet" you meant Brawl mods, then I entirely agree with you.

No really, as much as I think Brawl is a boring and somewhat shallow competitive game, all the mods make it better. Freaking tons of music. I got Super Buu's theme on Final Destination, Dr. Wily Castle theme on Battlefield, and this freaking song on Port Town Aero Dive (which I'm thinking about just making into a version of Final Destination with the same background [and this song is just freaking Godly EPIC!!!])...
Or this song, my favorite Brawl mod song I've ever found that I put on the (now non transforming) Wario Ware stage (although mine doesn't have the "slow" opening; my Brawl modded song starts at about 1:23 of the song)
Don't even get me started on how having virtually every past stage and thousands of awesome new stages in Brawl is freaking awesome. Or all the texture mods, character change mods (you can add freaking characters), and especially gameplay mods (Project M).

The point is, Brawl mods kick so much smash that it's hard to describe in words without foaming in the mouth. Once you mod the game to play like Smash 64 or Melee you get over the fact that Brawl's graphics were barely an improvement, the processing on the Wii sucked, and the online play is near useless, because you got hours of endless maximum quality entertainment...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It safe to come out?
I think N3ON is trying to Steal all my fans.
Don't worry, I know my fans will never be as Strong as yours. Plus I'm sure you'd make the better maid. :smirk::p

Everyone pretty much reacted the way I expected them to by her posting a picture, and ManlySpirit just won the grand prize. She couldn't have expected anything other than this to occur. :laugh:
tbh I wasn't expecting it to this extent... thanks I guess, to uh, everyone? I just posted the picture I had that showed me most clearly, not the one I thought I was best looking in...

I don't think I'll be posting any more pictures though... at least in the main threads, I'd rather be a contributor to the off-topic-ness, not the cause. ;)

I wanna see N3ON do a derp face.
I think taking requests would probably end up getting pretty weird. :laugh:

Back into the shadows I go...

Also Tabuu was pretty easy once you learned what all his attacks do.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
HEY COOL, I was just wondering where the CHAMP had gone.

Also Heels looks just like his Mii.

Hahah you are absolutely right. I even carry the same bored, emotionless face most of the time. It was surprising to me to find that it looked perfect because they don't have the best customization, and the point was kind of to get this thing that is supposed to look like you but instead looks silly so its funny. But nope, mine came out perfect. And the thing where you can make the 3DS make one out of a picture of you doesn't even do it better. Although perhaps that thing doesn't work too well for people. :p

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
HEY COOL, I was just wondering where the CHAMP had gone.

Also Heels looks just like his Mii.
I was hiding in the haystack. You didn't hear me whistle?

@John
The mods helped to solidify its position, yes but brawl all on it's own > life

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
N3ON you will never hide as long as you use epic smiles and ABUSE THEM LIKE ROY MAINS!!!
:grin:;):):cool::eek::rolleyes::bee::b::awesome:Embarrass:smirk::reverse::oneeye::sadeyes::cyclops::teeth::upsidedown::grrr::smash::seuss::rotfl::psycho::lick::estatic::dizzy::laugh::joyful::roll::surprised:

But yeah guys, if you play your cards right, and maybe I'll post some more recent photos of me! :shades:

I have a body made of... well... blood... and skin... and I got some weird shenanigans all over my body. :confused:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ah poor N3ON. The straight men are printing her picture on pillows and taking her pillow avatar on pizza dates in their mom's dining room now (with a candle of course). And that is why straight men can't have nice things.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ah poor N3ON. The straight men are printing her picture on pillows and taking her pillow avatar on pizza dates in their mom's dining room now (with a candle of course). And that is why straight men can't have nice things.
Don't make me drop the S-word!!!

It's such a Scary word you guys don't even know what it is! :shades:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
tbh I wasn't expecting it to this extent... thanks I guess, to uh, everyone? I just posted the picture I had that showed me most clearly, not the one I thought I was best looking in...
Not to this extent? How could you underestimate their... kindness? :laugh: I was tempted but you looked like the type of person who was aware that they were pretty so there was no point in stating the obvious, much like I wouldn't find saying the sky being blue a remarkable statement.

That, and everyone immediately started and I didn't want to be an echo. Although I guess was one just now dammit I wanted to be unique... *sulks*

I think taking requests would probably end up getting pretty weird. :laugh:

LMAO I thought of so many jokes but I just can't do it... just can't.

And besides, if you were taking requests, Diddy would jump on you about cosplaying as Impa.

vicgur

Smash Ace
I gotta tell ya, it's kind weird looking at your pictures and realizing you're not like I thought you were.

Some of you are actually prettier than I thought.

I mean, DAYUM.

PS: I'm a straight male. I'm comfortable with my sexuality, thank you very much.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I saw the Great Gatsby today (hooray for the first "field trip" I've had since 8th grade...), and it was pretty good (minus the fact that they used music that is completely unfitting to the 1920s). Just felt like sharing.

[Collapse=Not Really Sure If I Should Spoiler This]Why does Leonardo DiCaprio die in almost all of his roles?[/Collapse]

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^
BECAUSE HE'S A WOMAN!!! (who isn't a damsel in distress.

But really, I think he likes the "finality" character roles.

Not to this extent? How could you underestimate their... kindness? :laugh: I was tempted but you looked like the type of person who was aware that they were pretty so there was no point in stating the obvious, much like I wouldn't find saying the sky being blue a remarkable statement.
Their "kindness" is kinda creeping me out. And to think I've thought of getting my brother and girlfriend to join me in spamming the hell out of this place... :facepalm:
That, and everyone immediately started and I didn't want to be an echo. Although I guess was one just now dammit I wanted to be unique... *sulks*
Or because all you silly willy males are the much dreaded but sometimes much beloved S-word.
And besides, if you were taking requests, Diddy would jump on you about cosplaying as Impa.
I'll bite the bullet for everyone and cosplay as Impa like NO MAN has cosplayed as Impa before! :shades:

It will be the sexiest cosplay I've done since on Christmas Eve Eve when I cosplayed as tuxedo top Batman fluffy pajama bottoms MAN!!!

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I gotta tell ya, it's kind weird looking at your pictures and realizing you're not like I thought you were.

Some of you are actually prettier than I thought.

I mean, DAYUM.

PS: I'm a straight male. I'm comfortable with my sexuality, thank you very much.

Oh, stop it you. Embarrass

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I saw the Great Gatsby today (hooray for the first "field trip" I've had since 8th grade...), and it was pretty good (minus the fact that they used music that is completely unfitting to the 1920s). Just felt like sharing.

[Collapse=Not Really Sure If I Should Spoiler This]Why does Leonardo DiCaprio die in almost all of his roles?[/Collapse]
Well... the reason is quite simple.
Leaonardo DiCaprio is a cat. Is he now on his seventh life? He can't make too many more movies with such tragic endings.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Heh, awesome. Hey, question for all you Wii U owners... what's your favorite game already on the Wii U?
Wii U haz no gamez.
Yet.

So far I only have Nintendo Land, but have the Wii U since last Xmas.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'll bite the bullet for everyone and cosplay as Impa like NO MAN has cosplayed as Impa before! :shades:

It will be the sexiest cosplay I've done since on Christmas Eve Eve when I cosplayed as tuxedo top Batman fluffy pajama bottoms MAN!!!

DO IT JOHN! Although you should prepare for Diddy's love. But as long as you remove the cosplay you should be fine.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
DO IT JOHN! Although you should prepare for Diddy's love. But as long as you remove the cosplay you should be fine.
Don't make me ask my aunt to find that picture of me wearing the Batman fluffy pajamas I had with my suit top.

They say when you see a picture of it you die from just the sheer epic-ness.

Also, Diddy Kong already loves me. You all already love me. I have nothing to gain but the status of the official IMPA GOD of this thread!!!
(and as IMPA GOD I will ban IMPA discussion!!!)

(It's such a brilliant evil plot of brilliant justice!!!)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think I figured it out.

Leonardo DiCapri and Leomon must be related. It explains so much...

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
If that is the case then I am definitely in favor of you cosplaying as Impa.

I mean, I can't even believe the Impa thread has more posts than my Ghirahim thread all because Diddy posts there all the time. It is a disgrace!

D

Deleted member

I've always thought of Apple being the company that acts most like big brother with all their data mining; which is ironic considering they put out that one ad waaaay back when. 2013 is just like 1984.

Here's those game mechanics:

Like I said, remember that when I wrote this, I wrote this not as an intended reboot for Smash, but as an original IP based off of Smash, however, reading this will give you a lot of ideas on what I would add in a reboot. I mean, you can easily take a look at what mechanics I would add, but at the same time make the game more like Smash and less like what I made. For example, if it were a Smash reboot, K.O.s wouldn't be HP focused.

Also, I'm gonna give you a heads up, this is really, REALLY long, so... good reading.

Point of the Game:
-Win the match by taking all of your opponent's stock.
-Matches are 1 on 1.

How to earn a K.O.
a) bring their HP to 0
b)ring out
c)star K.O.

note:
The fights are fluid and continue from where they left off a la Smash Bros. MK9.
-There are no rounds, the K.O.ed player is simply revived at peak condition upon losing a stock.
-The victorious player is left as is until K.O.ed.

Stages are Dynamic:
The stage is much more than a simple background to look at, the stages will vary in size and may have obstacles to keep players on their toes and aware of their surroundings. Players can take advantage of certain aspects of the stage to earn K.O.s more easily, however, there are no unfair or overpowered hazards. All stages are meant to test the player's skill, not earn cheap K.O.'s.

Controller inputs:

Movement-
(Arrow inputs are for either Dpad or Stick, double tap on Dpad, and SMASH on stick)
(</>) - Walk
(V) - Crouch
(<</>>) - Dash
X - Jump
X+X - 2nd Jump
(^)+X - High Jump

Defensive Movements-
R1 - Block
(V)+R1 - Crouching Block
(<</>>)+R1 - Roll
R2 - Power Shield
/air/+R1 - Air Dodge/Air Block
/air/+(<</>>)+R1 - Air Dash

Offensive Movements-
A - Swift Attacks
/air/+A - Aerial Swift Attacks
B - Strong Attacks
/air/+B - Aerial Strong Attacks
Y - Special Attacks
/air/+Y - Aerial Special Attacks
R1+A/B - Grabs/Air Grabs
L2 - Supers
L1+L2 - Ultra

Other Actions-
L1 - Taunts
L2+A+B - Hyper Mode
L2 (in Hyper Mode) - Finishing Move
L1+A - Burst Breaker (weak)
L1+B - Burst Breaker (strong)

Movement:

Walk- Tilt the stick or press left or right on the Dpad.

Dash - Smash the stick, or double tap the Dpad left or right.

Crouch - You crouch, thus allowing you to avoid high hitting attacks, it also decreases knockback.

Jump - Tap the X button and you will jump. Aerial gameplay is different from ground gameplay. Likewise a quick tap will cause you to short hop. Tap X again and you will 2nd jump. Some characters will have 3 or more jumps, others can't double jump.

Super Jump - Holding up when pressing X will cause your character to do a Super Jump. This can only be done from the ground. This is very useful for combos and follow-ups.

Air Dash - A forward or backward dash that is only performed while in mid-air. Most characters can only perform one dash, sacrificing their 2nd jump for it, others 2 or more, and others none. Thus, you cannont double jump and air dash.

Fast Falling - Tapping down while in mid air will cause your character to Fast Fall letting them get to the ground more quickly.

Defensive Techniques:

Block - Causes your character tp brace himself and block. Reduces ALL knockback and hitstun, but is still vulnerable to chip damage. It is quick enough to respond to any move. Only high and from the front. Still Vulnerable to cross ups and mix ups.

Crouch Block - Same as the block, but blocks low. Vulnerable to rear attacks and overhead.

Roll - Allows player to roll foward or backward granting numerous frames of invincibility on both motions. Can be done during a block or not.

Air Block/Dodge - Player blocks while in mid-air, blocks all attacks but still causes chip damage. Some characters will dodge instead of block.

Power Shield - Conjures up a shield that blocks all damage from all directions. Extended use or powerful attacks will consume the shield until it breaks. It slowly charges over time. Breaking the shield requires longer charge as a punishment.

Additional Defensive Techs:

Instant Block - Blocking right as you're about to get hit will cause your character to do a more powerful instant block which will stagger your opponent briefly and reduce block stun. There is not chip damage with this, but the timing is tricky.

Attack Breaker - While blocking press L1+A to use an attack burst which breaks the opponent's combo and opens them up for a counter attack. Can only be done while blocking.

Hyper Breaker - Consumes a Burst Counter, but it creates a more power, character unique "Burst Attack," which breaks all of the opponent's combos and sets them up for a counter attack. Can be used at any time at the cost of a counter.

Teching - Pressing a direction and button when staggering and about to hit the ground or any surface will cause your character to safely 'tech' on that surface removing all impact damage and allowing you to be ready to defend yourself, also works when sliding on the ground.

Recovery - While careening through the air or when knocked down press any button to do a recovery option:
A/B: A recovery attack.
R1+(</>): Your character will roll in that direction or if in mid-air, they will simply regain balance.

Taunting (L1+</^/>/V) - This will cause your character to use one of a number of taunts. This leaves you vulnerable to a counter attack. But it will build your super meter a bit, Taunting after you K.O. an opponent will cause your opponent to have 50% of their super gauge when returning.

Offensive Techniques:

Normal Attacks:
(A) Rapid/ (B) Brave

Rapid Attacks - Rapid Attacks are weaker but faster normal moves that are great fpr starting combos and following up with a "Brave" attack. Attacks do not build your Brave Gauge (super meter). Most Rapid Attacks can be performed for an aerial variation of the attack.

General Rapid Attack Branch:
#Most characters will have these inputs as their Rapid Attack inputs, though there will be some variations on some characters.

5A: Standard Rapid
8A: Upward Rapid (either Anti-air, or overhead, sometimes something else)
2A: Crouching Rapid
4/6A: Strong Rapid (Either a poke, or a move with higher knockback or stun damage).
Smash Rapid: Input varies with characters, but it will normally be 66A, every character will have ONE of these.
/air/+5A: Aerial Rapid (just a rapid attack that can be done in mid air, sometimes a good poke/approach move, or aerial combo buff).

Note that these are the general inputs for all the characters, though some characters might have a variation or two.

Brave Attacks - Brave Attacks are slower than Rapid Attacks but pack more of a punch and also build your Brave Meter which will allow you to pull off super attacks and such. Most characters will have a distinction between Aerial Brave Attacks and Ground Brave Attacks. Likewise, they will follow the same input patterns across characters like Rapid Attacks, but they WILL have some variations across characters.

General Brave Attack Branch:

5B: Standard Brave
4/6B: Strong Brave (it varies per character, usually a good poke, or a nice K.O. move)
2B: Crouching Brave
8B: Upward Brave (could be AA, could be combo buff, could be K.O. move)
1/3B: Sliding/Poke Brave

Smash Attacks:
Double Tapping the same input on the pad (66) or SMASHING the stick while tapping B will cause your character to perform a powerful Smash Attack. These attacks do more damage and will either stagger/dizzy opponents, bounce them, or send them flying/sliding. Each character will have at least 2 Smash Attacks, usually 66B and 88B, however some may have others.

Dash Attacks: Pressing B while dashing will cause a Dash Attack, these are useful approach options but punishable on a whiff.

Aerial Attacks:
Aerial Brave Attacks are different from Aerial Swift Attacks in that they are completely different attacks from ground attacks. All characters will have 3 Aerial Brave Attacks on the same inputs, however the rest will vary from character to character.

General Aerial Attack Branch:
5B/air/: Standard Air
8B/air/: Up Air
6B/air/: Forward Air

Additional inputs will vary and some characters will even have Aerial Smash Attacks.

Grabs:
Pressing a normal attack button A/B while blocking will cause your character to grab their opponent when near them. This can also be done in mid-air except by characters who Air Dodge.

Throws:
Throws are broken into two categories Normal Throws and Aerial Throws. After Grabbing an opponent Tilting the stick in a direction will cause your character to throw them. The directions are the typical N/S/E/W. however, every character only has 2 Normal throws and the inputs vary.

Aerial Throws are slightly different. Every character will have a forward throw, a downward throw that will vary from character to character. Some will have a "clutch" throw where they divebomb into the ground while holding their opponent. These throws do a lot of damage but will cause damage to both players. ALso, it should be noted that there is a small window at the beginning where a clitch throw can be broken.

Breaking Grabs:
Tapping the block button right as you are about to be grabbed will cause your character to parry and break free from the grab. The window is small, but will double with each consequitive grab. This is done to deminish the power of Chain-Grabs. Air Grabs can't be parried, but clutches can be broken by tapping R1 at the right moment.

Special Attacks:

Special Attacks are all designated to the same button. The function, power, input and number of Special Attacks will vary from character to character. All Special Attacks are unique and resonate with each character's playstyle, strategy and passive ability as well as their personality. Characters can sometimes have 1 or 2 very versatile Special Attacks, or many (10 or more) Special Attacks that are useful in different more specific situations. Some specials can be performed both in air and land, or just in either one. Others will vary on location and such, and other will only be able to be performed under certain conditions.

As for inputs, they vary from a simple press of Y to Y+ a direction on the Dpad/Stick, to Smash inputs, to hold+release inputs, etc... It all depends on the character and their playstyle. No super complex or difficult inputs like in IN Street Fighter though, no DP inputs, no Full Circle inputs, or Double Full Circle inputs, etc...

Note: Special Attacks do not build Brave Meter.

Brave Meter:
This is your "Super Gauge". You build it by landing Brave Attacks. It is used for many things such as performing Super Attacks, entering Hyper Mode, and making counters for Hyper Breakers.

Getting your Brave Meter to 50% gives you a Brave Counter which can be used for Hyper Breakers. The number of counters you can have at all times is 2. You need at least 50% of your Brave Meter to perform a Super Attack. And a Full Meter to enter Hyper Mode.

Super Attacks:
L2

Super Attacks are very powerful moves that do a set amount of damage. Each character has 2 inputs for Supers, They are 8+L2 and 4/6+L2. The super attacks consume 50% of your Brave Meter, and must be picked out before a fight.

Each character will have at least 2 Supers to choose from, 2-3 support summons which may be used instead of a super, and a more powerful Team combo which can only be used after a support summon, obviously this will require a full meter to pull off but can be very satisfting.

Support Summons:
These are NPCs that can be called to aid you in battle at the cost of 50% of your Brave Meter, the funcion and action of these helpers will vary from helper to helper. Also some helpers, when combined with certain fighters they will have the option of performing very powerful Team Combo Super Attacks. If pulled off these can be very powerful and rewarding.

Hyper Mode:
L2+A+B

Holding down L2 and pressing A+B while at full Brave Meter will engage Hyper Mode. While in Hyper Mode all of the recovery lag in techniques is removed meaning all moves will cancel into each other seamlessly allowing for insane combos. However, Hyper Mode will gradually consume health and quickly build fatigue. To disengage Hyper Mode simply hold L2 and press A+B again. If you manage to build your Brave Meter to 50% while in Hyper mode then you might be able to use a Finishing Move.

Finishing Move:
L1+L2 while in Hyper Mode

The conditions for a finishing move are very strict but they will earn you an instant win. In order to use a finishing move you must be in Hyper Mode and have 50% or more of your Brave Meter.

The meet these conditions:
-Opponent must be on their final stock
-Have full Brave Meter
-Opponent's HP must be below 45%

If these conditions are met then you will be able to use a Finishing Move by pressing L1+L2, if you land this hit then you will engage in a flashy cinematic that will win you the match.

If you miss however, you will disengage Hyper Mode, and remain dizzy and open to an attack for 5 seconds while at 100% fatigue. Not only that, but you will have consumed all of your Brave Counters, your entire Brave Meter, and be left with whatever HP you had left after Hyper Mode. A risky move, but can be very rewarding for those bold enough to try.

Reversal Supers:
L1+L2

A unique variation of the standard super that can turn the tide of the Battle. At the cost of two Brave Counters, you can use these if you are at full fatigue. These are special Super Moves that can only be used under these conditions and may help you in a dire situaion. However, be ware of a miss as it will leave you wise open.

It should be noted that you can only enter Hyper Mode once per fight, once you use it up, it is gone as it is a very powerful technique.

Additional Mechanics:

Gatling Combo:
More of a general attack pattern rather than a mechanic. It simply means that Swift attacks follow fluidly into Brave attacks and then into Smash attacks. Some attacks will also cancel into each other, thus creating certain combo patterns for characters.

Special Cancel:
Using a special attack after certain Brave Attacks will remove recovery frames from that attack and follow into a special.

Dash Cancel:
Similar to a Special Cancel, certain attacks can be cancelled by a Dash motion to allow for swifter follow ups.

Jump Cancel:
Like that Dash cancel, but with a jump.

Attack Strings:
These are all character specific, but certain attacks, when followed by different inputs will allow for unique string moves that follow up very fluidly.

Dizzy:
Getting your shield broken or getting hit by certain moves at high fatigue will cause your character to get dizzy for two seconds.

Staggering:
Getting instant blocked or getting hit by certain attacks will cause your character to stagger back a bit which will open you up to an attack. Brave Burst causes this too.

Shield Durability:
This is also character specific, but the durability of shields will vary from character to character. All shields slowly recover over time, and instantly recover after a K.O. If a shield is hit when at its weakest it will break. Leading to a longer recovery time and dizziness.

Fatigue and Directional Influence:
Fatigue is built when you are hit, but slowly decreases when you are not getting hit and not attacking. It has an inverse relation with your HP. The lower your HP, the faster fatigue builds when you are hit and the more slowly it recovers. When you are hit by powerful moves, you always have a degree of Directional Influence after getting hit, thus reducing the distance you travel and giving you more control. The higher your fatigue, not only the less DI you have, but also the further you will travel when getting hit. There is an upper limit however at 100% fatigue. Also the distance traveled will vary based on the character's weight.

Clashing:
When two characters hit each other with powerful moves, the two characters will Clash causing sparks and a thundering sound, which will cause both characters to stagger backward.

Sliding, Tripping and Knockdowns:
Some moves and slams will cause your foes to be knocked down. In addition some sweeping attacks will cause them to lose their balance allowing you to follow up. Lastly, attacks that send opponents flying while grazing the ground will cause them to slide on the ground creating friction and reducing momentum, but causing a little damage. However, sliding offers a large window for a tech.

Wallsticking:
getting hit by a powerful move and slamming into a wall or the ground without a tether causes a wallsitck where you will slam onto the surface and take damage. After about two seconds you will fall from the wall/roof. All aerial options such as blocks and bursts are available during a wallstick.

Ledge Grabbing:
If you jump toward a ledge you will grab it, thus giving you a few more recovery options or allowing you to reach higher ground.
-Tethering:
Some characters will allow them to reach for ledges from a distance, this is called tethering.

Adjusted Damage & Guts:
A defense mechanic to balance the game. In order to calculate the "true" damage a move does, a number of things have to be taken into consideration. First of all, it is a character's defense rating. The higher their defense rating is, the less damage they will take from moves when compared to other characters. So someone with a defense mod of 1.0 will take damage at face value (100%), however someone with a defense mod of .75, will take 75% of the damage and a lighter character with a defense mod of 1.5 will take 150% of the damage.
In addition the defense mod is variable based on the character's guts rating. The Guts Rating is standard for all characters, it basically refers to the change of the defense variable the less HP each character has. The less HP each character has, the higher the Guts Rating and the less damage they will recieve from from attacks. So, for example, a character with a defense mod of 1 will find themselves having a defense mod of .75 at lower HP. Also the Guts System affects Super attacks as well, thus cutting their damage in half.

Coward's Penalty:
Run away from your opponent too much without attacking and you get a warning, continue to do so and you enter a state called "Coward's Penalty" where you will take double damage from your opponent and your fatigue rises quickly.

Stale Moves:
Performing the same move continiously diminishes the power and damage of themove by 50% each time after the 2nd time. The counter resets when you break the combo.

Style Counter/Rating and Points:
Doing certain actions, maintaining a combo meter going, etc... earns you a style rating and points to go with it, as well as gets the crowd pumped and cheering for you. These style points may then be used to unlock stuff. Howeverm certain Ratings may earn you bonuses in combat, this can of course be turned off.

Oh, and if the inputs confuse you, look at your numberpad:
7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom