• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Apparently it's a preemptive measure to deal with the inevitable influx of people that will come once the games launch later this year. The games have been in development for 2 years now so I imagine that date is rapidly approaching. It is a bit odd right now since so many of us are concentrated in the General Discussion board but we will all migrate to the various character boards once an actual metagame is established.
Exactly.

With new users registering daily and more to come; these forums will have to accommodate them. So the powers that be are preparing to fully staff the Smash 4 boards and put forth a plan on how to re-organize the boards post-release. It happened after Brawl's release as well. Exciting, isn't it?

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Exactly.

With new users registering daily and more to come; these forums will have to accommodate them. So the powers that be are preparing to fully staff the Smash 4 boards and put forth a plan on how to re-organize the boards post-release. It happened after Brawl's release as well. Exciting, isn't it?
Damn, I had never thought of what would happen to these parts post-release. You're right, they will most probably become like the Brawl/Melee boards, and character and gameplay discussions will boom as people make new discoveries concerning moves/mechanics. These are truly exciting times for the Smash community.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Damn, I had never thought of what would happen to these parts post-release. You're right, they will most probably become like the Brawl/Melee boards, and character and gameplay discussions will boom as people make new discoveries concerning moves/mechanics. These are truly exciting times for the Smash community.
Yes. People scrambling to find an AT so you can name it sasukebowser cancelling or something. Truly exciting times.

ndayday

BRoomer
Basically a lot of people try to find advanced techniques and name them after themselves/what they want. When I first joined I had thought I discovered cancelling Dedede's recovery...I mean 6 years ago but oh god that's embarrassing (at least I didn't try to name it)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I might be too slow to understand what you really meant, but I gave it a like nonetheless.
There's always a scramble for some to discover an advanced technique and name it so they can get recognition. And some if them have fairly strange names (usually the unofficial "look wat I found guyz!")

But yeah, people are gonna ***** about WFT getting in over their preferred character, tier list arguments, matchups, and "professional" advice from players who pick up the game and immediately think they know everything about it.

It's going to get busy!

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
If I ever discover a really advanced technique, I'm totally gonna troll and name it something like Sakurai Bagging. Nothing too outwardly trolly, but when you're at a tournament and you hear people saying that they just Sakurai Bagged with Dedede... then it clicks.

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
If I ever discover a really advanced technique, I'm totally gonna troll and name it something like Sakurai Bagging. Nothing too outwardly trolly, but when you're at a tournament and you hear people saying that they just Sakurai Bagged with Dedede... then it clicks.
You can call it Sakurai Bagging if it involves tripping.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Why aren't you a mod yet, Star? better yet, why haven't you accepted the invitation to the back room?
What back room?
Apparently it's a preemptive measure to deal with the inevitable influx of people that will come once the games launch later this year. The games have been in development for 2 years now so I imagine that date is rapidly approaching. It is a bit odd right now since so many of us are concentrated in the General Discussion board but we will all migrate to the various character boards once an actual metagame is established.
Well, I'm pretty sure you'll all stick around. Cannot imagine better candidates.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
But yeah, people are gonna ***** about WFT getting in over their preferred character, tier list arguments, matchups, and "professional" advice from players who pick up the game and immediately think they know everything about it.
So, like every Smash fan ever?

And to be fair, wasn't ROB treated the same way...

Trip-cancelling.

that really should have been a thing. even if it was called that, I'd be excited to learn it.
Nah man, It'll be the "Anti-Sakurai".

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Oh I get it! I think I just might start calling double-jumping something like Mega-dash-vertical-elevation-momentum.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

J-Stars is getting better and better. This trailer secured my purchase now. I don't care which version i get anymore. I just want to destroy everyone of these characters with Hokuto Shinken.

ndayday

BRoomer
to do an attack in the air at the greatest height simply execute a doubleplusgood jump followed by nair, dair, uair or fair.
J-Stars is getting better and better.
looks pretty anime

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
to do an attack in the air at the greatest height simply execute a doubleplusgood jump followed by nair, dair, uair or fair.
Or, you could exploit a flaw in the game called "doing a double jump". I hear it's pretty hard to do though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

J-Stars is getting better and better. This trailer secured my purchase now. I don't care which version i get anymore. I just want to destroy everyone of these characters with Hokuto Shinken.
I would mostly punch everyone in the face with Vegeta. Shoot them up with the Final Flash.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I would, but I don't own a Vita (but whenever I do, I'm getting Katamari first).
Do you have a PS3? I heard it was coming to that system too. So if you do, it's not like your entirely screwed. But you'll need to make a foreign secondary account I think. Not too sure.

Now that I think of it, I really don't like how region locking has been more prevalent lately as it is. I don't see why the DS can play games from any where while the 3DS can't. It's just a dumb choice.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Do you have a PS3? I heard it was coming to that system too. So if you do, it's not like your entirely screwed. But you'll need to make a foreign secondary account I think. Not too sure.
Sadly, no.
But, to be fair, I don't have a television either, so it's not like it matters.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I would mostly punch everyone in the face with Vegeta. Shoot them up with the Final Flash.
Too bad Vegeta is already dead. Like the rest of the cast. Especially Aizen...can't wait to pummel that guy into the ground with Raoh and hopefully Raoh can summon his giant horse that has hooves large enough to crush an entire full grown man. I would love to have that horse crush Aizen. (The horse was so badass that it survived a nuclear war and fought tigers.)

Sadly, no.
But, to be fair, I don't have a television either, so it's not like it matters.
It's also on the Vita.

Last edited by a moderator:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I'll make sure next J-Stars that Piccolo and Mikasa are the most wanted characters. I guess I'll join that speculation group once we hear about another one being made.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Too bad Vegeta is already dead. Like the rest of the cast. Especially Aizen...can't wait to pummel that guy into the ground with Raoh and hopefully Raoh can summon his giant horse that has hooves large enough to crush an entire full grown man. I would love to have that horse crush Aizen. (The horse was so badass that it survived a nuclear war and fought tigers.)

It's also on the Vita.
You think death means anything to a Dragon Ball character? They comeback every other week. Let alone the Prince of all Saiyans? But I do agree with one thing, who wouldn't mind beating the tar out of Aizen.

I'll make sure next J-Stars that Piccolo and Mikasa are the most wanted characters. I guess I'll join that speculation group once we hear about another one being made.
Not sure if you are being sarcastic, but Mikasa isn't Shonen Jump.

Also, Gohan >>> Piccolo >>>>>>>>> Everyone else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom