• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
You think death means anything to a Dragon Ball character? They comeback every other week. Let alone the Prince of all Saiyans? But I do agree with one thing, who wouldn't mind beating the tar out of Aizen.
Kenshrio uses the dragon balls to make it so they can't come back anymore. :troll:

Crush Aizen with one of the most badass horses in fiction.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Ya know, I didn't really mind that we got rather obscure character choices, because to be frank it's a lot better then simply sticking to the safest ones.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ya know, I didn't really mind that we got rather obscure character choices, because to be frank it's a lot better then simply sticking to the safest ones.
I can understand that sentiment. I would make things a little more interesting in a way. And I'd be more than happy to see these kinds of characters if they are actually interesting.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I can understand that sentiment. I would make things a little more interesting in a way. And I'd be more than happy to see these kinds of characters if they are actually interesting.
Oh yes... I am hoping Sakurai adds a few more oft-overlooked characters who are not actually obscure... maybe the Wandering Heroes (Find Mii I & II), a Labrador Retriever (Nintendogs), or even a Pokemon who is not a Smash veteran (Meowth always has my vote).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Translation from the end of the trailer.

Kenshiro: You are already dead?

Madara: That wouldn't be a lie.
Snappy dialogue? Reminds me of Marvel vs Capcom. Well, 1 and 3 anyway, don't remember 2 having that much. Speaking of that, I always did like Spider-Man's and Ghost Rider's dialogue in those games.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh yes... I am hoping Sakurai adds a few more oft-overlooked characters who are not actually obscure... maybe the Wandering Heroes (Find Mii I & II), a Labrador Retriever (Nintendogs), or even a Pokemon who is not a Smash veteran (Meowth always has my vote).
I dunno, I just like the idea of looking into forgotten franchises and breathing life back into them.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Eh I can understand the first and last ones. But I really don't see the appeal of fighting as a real dog. Unless it was something like Tokyo Jungle or whatever it was called. Y'know the game where you play as real animals trying to become top of the food-chain?

Having said that, I'd like to see Zoroark as a Pokemon character in Smash. Provided we still have Red and his Pokemon

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Snappy dialogue? Reminds me of Marvel vs Capcom. Well, 1 and 3 anyway, don't remember 2 having that much. Speaking of that, I always did like Spider-Man's and Ghost Rider's dialogue in those games.
There was a scene in one of the trailers where Yusuke told Ichigo to go back to the spirit world. Another where Sasuke told Yusuke he was going to die.

Toriko told Naruto in the same trailer that he'd offer him a full course meal.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I dunno. You don't get more overlooked than Wii Fit Trainer, though I suppose characters like Takamaru, Shulk, Isaac would be pretty obscure to the average gamer not following places like here or NeoGAF.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There was a scene in one of the trailers where Yusuke told Ichigo to go back to the spirit world. Another where Sasuke told Yusuke he was going to die.

Toriko told Naruto in the same trailer that he'd offer him a full course meal.
Yusuke would wreck Sasuke though.

I dunno. You don't get more overlooked than Wii Fit Trainer, though I suppose characters like Takamaru, Shulk, Isaac would be pretty obscure to the average gamer not following places like here or NeoGAF.
Yeah, kind of hard to make a weirder choice than the Wii Fit Trainers. Still, even with that said, I wouldn't complain all that much if said obscure characters were interesting at the very least.

Which personally, I think that the Trainers aren't interesting in the slightest.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I would say Starfy, but he got deconfirmed on Christmas. That's the worst feeling ever, BTW.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I dunno, I just like the idea of looking into forgotten franchises and breathing life back into them.
I am pretty sure most of them are gonna stay forgotten a little bit longer... I could see Takamaru getting a series revival after SSB4 comes out... hoping he gets in SSB4 as a playable character.

Little Mac lucked out that he got a new game despite not getting in Brawl as a playable character (unlike the Ice Climbers who still don't have a new game despite getting in Melee and Brawl as playable characters)... hoping Little Mac gets in SSB4 as a playable character too.

Other forgotten franchises I would love to see revived are Mole Mania (1996), StarTropics (1990 - 1994), Wars (1988 - 2008; Intelligent Systems needs to give Fire Emblem a break and start making a couple new Wars games).

Oh, and I support the Duck Hunt Dog as a playable character for Smash! :cool:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Other forgotten franchises I would love to see revived are Mole Mania (1996), StarTropics (1990 - 1994), Wars (1988 - 2008; Intelligent Systems needs to give Fire Emblem a break and start making a couple new Panel De Pon Games).
There. FIFY

But, yeah. I do want to see more franchise revivals.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I would say Starfy, but he got deconfirmed on Christmas. That's the worst feeling ever, BTW.
He might be an Assist think game sure. But who knows, maybe he can end up in the next Smash game. I'm sure he has a counterpart take his place as the assist.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, I know how you feel... I have always supported Starfy since 2007... I was so pissed when Starfy was deconfirmed in Brawl... but I actually expected him to be deconfirmed in SSB4 ever since I realized that Sakurai tends to add first-party Nintendo characters (with the exception of Pokemon characters since they are second-party Nintendo and third-party characters who are not owned by Nintendo) in Smash.

My worst feeling was seeing Toad as Peach's B move again on September 12, 2013, followed by seeing Toad not confirmed when Super Mario 3D World came out on November 21, 2013, followed by Toad getting shot with an arrow on the same day Rosalina was confirmed on December 18, 2013. Sakurai never showed Toad more than once before the game is out in the past... he only showed Toad once on Brawl Dojo (before Brawl came out) and Melee Dojo.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah, I know how you feel... I have always supported Starfy since 2007... I was so pissed when Starfy was deconfirmed in Brawl... but I actually expected him to be deconfirmed in SSB4 ever since I realized that Sakurai tends to add first-party Nintendo characters (with the exception of Pokemon characters since they are second-party Nintendo and third-party characters who are not owned by Nintendo) in Smash.

My worst feeling was seeing Toad as Peach's B move again on September 12, 2013, followed by seeing Toad not confirmed when Super Mario 3D World came out on November 21, 2013, followed by Toad getting shot with an arrow on the same day Rosalina was confirmed on December 18, 2013. Sakurai never showed Toad more than once before the game is out in the past... he only showed Toad once on Brawl Dojo (before Brawl came out) and Melee Dojo.
Aren't the Kirby and Fire Emblem characters second party as well, being made by HAL and Intelligent Systems respectively? Mother, too, since they were made by Ape Inc., which I think eventually became Creatures Inc., who now make Pokemon.

Anyway, I guess I should hope for something like maybe hopefully a Starfy stage on the 3DS or something.

But because Starfy was deconfirmed, the only characters I really heavily support are Bandanna Dee and Palutena.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Intelligent Systems is first-party... HAL Laboratory might or might not be second-party but it is responsible for Super Smash Bros. in the first place so I just chalk it up to Sakurai's and HAL's bias toward Kirby and Mother characters.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yeah, kind of hard to make a weirder choice than the Wii Fit Trainers. Still, even with that said, I wouldn't complain all that much if said obscure characters were interesting at the very least.

Which personally, I think that the Trainers aren't interesting in the slightest.
Wii Fit Trainer was, and still is, a hilarious edition. All the newcomers have been great so far. What I'm afraid of is seeing all of these daily updates is going to burn me out on these characters by the time the game is released.

Intelligent Systems is first-party... HAL Laboratory might or might not be second-party but it is responsible for Super Smash Bros. in the first place so I just chalk it up to Sakurai's and HAL's bias toward Kirby and Mother characters.
Actually HAL is second party. Although Intelligent Systems did develop that Dragon Quest DSiWare title for SquareEnix years ago.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The television screen is still quite blurry, even if its more zoomed in.

It looks like Ness, but it's impossible to be 100% sure.

(I also think this is the first time the Nintendogs stage is shown in a daily picture...)

Last edited:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Clearly Ness is on the TV screen as an secret promotion for the 3DS remake of Mother 2 coming out in 2015..............

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
SSB: Ness is a playable character
SSBM: Ness is a playable character
SSBB: Ness is a playable character
SSB3DS: Ness is a blurry cameo in a Nintendogs stage
SSBU: Ness is a blurry easter egg appearing as a reflection in Mother Brain's trophy if you look for him in the right spot

Yeah I can see it going down like that.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yes. People scrambling to find an AT so you can name it sasukebowser cancelling or something. Truly exciting times.
I really want to just crush that name game crap into the ground. I remember seeing a list of SIXTY so called Advanced Techniques to play as Wolf in Project M. Not only is this pretty intimidating to look at, but I'm pretty damn sure you can reduce this list to about a half of its size if you're provided proper definitions and organization. For example, I don't need the term Waveshine if I'm told you can do just about any move out of a wavedash. I can mess around with it and discover for myself I can do a Shine out of a wavedash.

It's like saying 2+3=5 is called 235'ing. It's ****ing stupid, messy, and just plain scares everyone else away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom