• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Boycotting for more than a year? At least 2 years

Why would they boycott Nintendo anyway?
Maybe the manager has one of those spoiled kids (you know, the Sony and Xbox fanboy who deems anything and everything Nintendo makes as "kiddy") and demanded his father to take off Nintendo games. Knowing this would hurt sales, he'd just secretly put 'em in a week later.

I dunno, but it is kinda stupid to hold of games. This is why I go to Gamestop (not the best, but better than nothing).

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
3D World, DKC:TF and now MK8. I'm loving these box arts.

Hopefully SSB4's looks as clutch as this. I definitely wasn't feeling Brawls

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So what's the chances of seeing Diddy getting revealed? I'm thinking it'll be pretty good. But you never know, we might end up seeing another DK character instead.

Shroob

Sup?
So what's the chances of seeing Diddy getting revealed? I'm thinking it'll be pretty good. But you never know, we might end up seeing another DK character instead.
I'd give it a good shot. There wasn't much of a break between Rosalina, Zelda, and DDD's reveals, so I think it's possible.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd give it a god shot. There wasn't much of a break between Rosalina, Zelda, and DDD's reveals, so I think it's possible.
Yeah, that's what makes me think we'll see something DK related soon, we've been getting a good stream of decent news lately. I really hope that it keeps up too.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, I'm sure a few of us are waiting for a Direct as it is. Not just for Smash, but I'm interested in what other games Nintendo might be cooking up. Hopefully some thing Metroid related. Or even Star Fox if we're lucky.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I hope I'm not the only one who still wants another possible newcomer in a Direct or something.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Diddy has a pretty big chance of being revealed, but I think a Diddy & Dixie team is likely too. Cranky and King K. are up there too. there's really no wrong choice for a DKC fighter... except Tikis and Snowmads.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I think Diddy has a great chance of being revealed this Thursday, the only thing that could throw a wretch in that is if the Direct happens this week in which case he could be revealed there (though I doubt it unless it is the tag-team) or a DK newcomer takes precedence over him.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Diddy has a pretty big chance of being revealed, but I think a Diddy & Dixie team is likely too. Cranky and King K. are up there too. there's really no wrong choice for a DKC fighter... except Tikis and Snowmads.
What if we get DK Jr. though. I'd imagine the reactions would be quite different all over the place. Heh. He uses Math in his final Smash and everything.

But seriously, I would think that Diddy is as much of a sure thing as Dedede and Zelda were. Or something DK related.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
What if we get DK Jr. though. I'd imagine the reactions would be quite different all over the place. Heh. He uses Math in his final Smash and everything.

But seriously, I would think that Diddy is as much of a sure thing as Dedede and Zelda were. Or something DK related.
Isn't DK jr the DK we know today, and the original DK became Cranky? Lol a FS revolving around math!? lol All the more reasons to keep items off lol.

but yeah Diddy will be definitely be playable, its a matter of him being solo or being paired up, and that is all determined by what Sakureezy wants

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Isn't DK jr the DK we know today, and the original DK became Cranky? Lol a FS revolving around math!? lol All the more reasons to keep items off lol.
DKC actually implies that the original DK is Cranky. However, nothing seems to outright imply that DK Jr. became the new Donkey Kong besides "it makes sense" with the Super Mario Kart transition to Mario Kart 64. It's a fair theory.

but yeah Diddy will be definitely be playable, its a matter of him being solo or being paired up, and that is all determined by what Sakureezy wants
I just knew he'd be in Brawl. In For? Of course.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Welp, TF will probably be leaked completely in a few days so we might as well start to brace ourselves for the inevitable overreactions if K. Rool is/isn't in the game. My guess is that someone will break street date by Tuesday.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Welp, TF will probably be leaked completely in a few days so we might as well start to brace ourselves for the inevitable overreactions if K. Rool is/isn't in the game. My guess is that someone will break street date by Tuesday.
I dunno, especially after the whole Pokemon fiasco last year.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Look out! He'll make you use long division! Noooooooo.

Would one even have much of a reason to spoil a Donkey Kong game? It's not like it's story heavy like Zelda or Pokemon. I don't really remember Mario 3D World being spoiled by an outside source. Sure, Nintendo did throw out their "secret" character out in the open themselves, but isn't quite the same.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Triple Deluxe broke street date by a few days too. There are a number of reviewers who already have copies so it's only a matter of time before one of them cracks.
And come to find out Kirby Fighters doesn't have online multiplayer. :ohwell:
Which is sad too cause I thought it would do wonders for the game...

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
GameXplain is already posting cutscenes and level run throughs. It's going to be a pretty tempting having these vids flood my youtube feed for the next 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom