• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I had a pretty Severa and Brady who both had Galeforce, and my Brady had lifetaker and that 20% HP regen skill too. he was almost Donnel level untouchable
In my game Morgan and Inigo were untouchable almost as soon as I got them.

Avatar + Miriel = Death Incarnate Morgan (she was already broken as a grandmaster but then I made her a sorceress and she almost took on Grima by herself)

Donnel + Olivia = Inigo (Donnel was a hero and Olivia was a swordmaster so Inigo had Astral and Sol from the get-go)

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Yeah, Donnel is pretty untouchable as far as story mode goes. Heck, I rarely paired him up because I knew he was one of the few who could take a hit and or kill multiple enemy units without help.
And this is my problem with Awakening.
Even on the hardest difficulty, I felt like I was able to mow down EVERYTHING. Like, it made Sacred Stones look easy.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yeah, Donnel is pretty untouchable as far as story mode goes. Heck, I rarely paired him up because I knew he was one of the few who could take a hit and or kill multiple enemy units without help.
Donnel has crazy luck growths, i just gave him Liefs blade, whenever i got it and sent him on solo skirmishes and he was raking in the bullions.
In my game Morgan and Inigo were untouchable almost as soon as I got them.

Avatar + Miriel = Death Incarnate Morgan (she was already broken as a grandmaster but then I made her a sorceress and she almost took on Grima by herself)

Donnel + Olivia = Inigo (Donnel was a hero and Olivia was a swordmaster so Inigo had Astral and Sol from the get-go)
I think i might try Avatar + Miriel if I ever decide to do Lunatic+

I had Donnel and Sully sending over the same traits (Sol and Astra) to Kjelle.

I always went for Astra whenever I could, its sooo good

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Donnel is a beast until your kids surpass him and he meets the same fate as the rest of the adults.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Trust me, the Sonic Archie-verse is a big void of nightmares and dreams. There's so many subplots, characters and subplots in subplots.
Besides the unneeded overcomplicated plot (kids read this?), something of which I already disliked Sonic games having, reading the comics felt sort of like this:

I'm definitely resubscribing to Mega Man (for the X Crossover & MM3 storyline), but not Sonic the Comic/Sonic Universe.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The Sonic Archie comics went through crap during the phase of the comic series where it tried to stray away from the elements of the Sonic SatAM show and started to mix in elements of the games themselves. Because of it, the comic book series when through a very awkward retooling that caused a lot of convoluted plot elements that plagued the comic series for years, until more recently where new authors and writers more or less fixed or scrapped a large chunk of the confusion.

Generally agreed that the series hit it's lowest during the Bem/Xorda arc.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Donnel is a beast until your kids surpass him and he meets the same fate as the rest of the adults.
This is why I limited the number of kids I used. Too many of them seemed too good and, truth be told, I thought the final fight belonged to the first generation anyways. In my first run, I got everyone except Gerome, Nah, Kjelle, and Brady but of the kids I only used Lucina, Morgan, Laurent, and Inigo (who didn't even become a member of my team until around Chapter 22 or so).

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
gotta go fast is so irrelevant, we need a relevant new character like gotta leap fast

sakrai pls cut fast w/ leap

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
After looking at that Dorkly Sonic video, I wonder why they haven't been updating as much. Maybe they didn't get as much cash as they needed to keep animating. Which is a shame, those guys are pretty good at making parodies. Well, I know they still make articles and comics though, so that's good.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
This is why I limited the number of kids I used. Too many of them seemed too good and, truth be told, I thought the final fight belonged to the first generation anyways. In my first run, I got everyone except Gerome, Nah, Kjelle, and Brady but of the kids I only used Lucina, Morgan, Laurent, and Inigo (who didn't even become a member of my team until around Chapter 22 or so).
And this is why I maintain that it would have been better if Awakening had split us the generations like in FE4. The children characters are all going to overshadow their parents at some point anyway, so you might as well have them be separated. Would also take care of the stupid ****ing time travel.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Meh, the Archie (Main and Universe) series is just fine to me. Definitely more entertaining than Sonic the Comic.

Besides, the most recent arc, Countdown to Chaos, pretty much retconned and erased away everything that everyone else (including the whiny "segasegasega" people) didn't like or modified it to their tastes and overall, more people enjoy it since things are overly simple to the point of spoon-feeding like they wanted again.

Other elements that others of us liked are still around, so it's a Win/Win situation in my eyes.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
After that I just have Virtue's Last Reward
How can that epic game be on your back log?

Drop everything you are currently playing and play that game NAOW! And don't play anything else until you get all 24 endings. You heard me mister!

Trust me, the Sonic Archie-verse is a big void of nightmares and dreams. There's so many subplots, characters and subplots in subplots.
Eh I just never heard of her before, but I don't really, or ever did, keep up with Sonic.

And this is my problem with Awakening.
Even on the hardest difficulty, I felt like I was able to mow down EVERYTHING. Like, it made Sacred Stones look easy.
Don't grind. Donnel will become useless then due to enormous effort that will be required to baby him in Lunatic mode. There are much worse/many other problems that Awakening, sadly, has, still a good game though. Also means good luck getting your kids to catch up with the parents. Really a no-grind run solves the problem of mowing the game down lol.

As for best wife for male Robin, you wanna go Tharja, Nowi, or Sully because Galeforce is best skill. For female Robin any of the children characters for super Morgan or Chrom are generally best.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
And this is why I maintain that it would have been better if Awakening had split us the generations like in FE4. The children characters are all going to overshadow their parents at some point anyway, so you might as well have them be separated. Would also take care of the stupid ****ing time travel.
I think I suggested somewhat of a hybrid of the generational design of Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, and the prospective design of Fire Emblem: Sword of Flame.

Like, the first scenario focuses on Robin and it acts like a tutorial similar to Lyn's story. Chrom's would be the second scenario that focuses on his and the Shepards struggles with the conflicts in Ylisse. While Lucina's scenario focuses on basically tying up any left over struggles and her trials about being a strong leader like her father, with influences of stats and character to the children are influenced by the supports during Chrom's scenario. Something along those lines.

It would at least help the story become less cluttered, and give characters more time to develop.

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588

I just saw this and it just can't be forgotten. Lol.
LOL
Yeah, I don't really like the new designs of this game. Knuckles looks hella awkward being buff and everyone's legs look WAY too long for my taste. I mean, look how awkward Sonic looks while running now. I can understand if this game takes place in the future or something but I don't really see the need for the change if not.

Tails looks cool though.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
LOL
Yeah, I don't really like the new designs of this game. Knuckles looks hella awkward being buff and everyone's legs look WAY too long for my taste. I mean, look how awkward Sonic looks while running now. I can understand if this game takes place in the future or something but I don't really see the need for the change if not.

Tails looks cool though.
Sonic looks, awkward, to say the least...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I just checked Dorkly's site again, seems like they are updating more now. So that's good to hear.

LOL

Tails looks cool though.
I guess that his legs are rather lanky looking aren't they? I'm surprised that so many people here are talking about these designs though. But I suppose it is an interesting topic nonetheless.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Would also take care of the stupid ****ing time travel.
I kind of just mentally blocked this out and pretended the kids were simply new characters, especially with how some of the support conversations were reeeeeeeeally awkward (Inigo = Marty McFly). Don't even get me started on how spectacularly weird it was that the avatar could marry the kids and then produce a kid that's roughly the same age as the rest of them.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I actually think Amy's design is better than her old design as well. I just never liked that puffed out dress she had.
So for me:
+Tails
+Amy
-Sonic
-Knuckles

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
So, I just watched Attack On Titan for the first time today, and holy carp, it's fudging good. If any of you haven't seen it yet, go see it, like, right now.

Anyways dealing with the topic onhand,I like Amy and Tails redesign, but I wish Sonic was slightly shorter and that Knuckles was alot shorter.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I think I suggested somewhat of a hybrid of the generational design of Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, and the prospective design of Fire Emblem: Sword of Flame.

Like, the first scenario focuses on Robin and it acts like a tutorial similar to Lyn's story. Chrom's would be the second scenario that focuses on his and the Shepards struggles with the conflicts in Ylisse. While Lucina's scenario focuses on basically tying up any left over struggles and her trials about being a strong leader like her father, with influences of stats and character to the children are influenced by the supports during Chrom's scenario. Something along those lines.

It would at least help the story become less cluttered, and give characters more time to develop.
I don't even think you'd have to do that much.

Just have Chrom's current death be for real. Then have a time skip, and have Lucina pick up from there.

One thing I'd have liked is if this hypothetical "second generation" started in the southwest of Valm. Would make a nice shoutout to Gaiden IMO.

Another thing is that it might be interesting to be able to choose a "Finn" (i.e. a 1st gen character who survives into the 2nd generation) during the later chapters of the 2nd generation. Maybe have Chrom decide that, since he's not going to be fielding all his troops(because deployment limits), that some group of characters would go and ensure that the children would be taken to safety.

Just spitballing ideas here.

Edit: Though this does raise the question of what do do about Robin.

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
So, I just watched Attack On Titan for the first time today, and holy carp, it's fudging good. If any of you haven't seen it yet, go see it, like, right now.

Anyways dealing with the topic onhand,I like Amy and Tails redesign, but I wish Sonic was slightly shorter and that Knuckles was alot shorter.
Holy carp indeed.

Also, Happy 2000 pages!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Man, some of the kids during my second playthrough are extremely overpowered. Severa is a one-woman wrecking machine. I had Donnel and Cordelia hook up. Donnel was a Hero and Cordelia a lv15 Dark Pegasus, which meant that Galeforce was inherited. So Severa not only had the insane stats of her father's, but she had the added benefit of one of the best skills in the game. I had no clue what I was doing. Same thing with Morgan. I had MU and Tharja hook up, and both of them pretty far in their classes, so Morgan came out of the gate with insane Magic and Resistance stats. One I re-classed her to Tactician, she could handle half a map all on her own. Not only did Morgan benefit from the stats, but so did Noire. My word.

I'm saving the kids for The Future of Despair. Adults finish main story, kids tackle side mission.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom