• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I don't even think you'd have to do that much.

Just have Chrom's current death be for real. Then have a time skip, and have Lucina pick up from there.

One thing I'd have liked is if this hypothetical "second generation" started in the southwest of Valm. Would make a nice shoutout to Gaiden IMO.

Another thing is that it might be interesting to be able to choose a "Finn" (i.e. a 1st gen character who survives into the 2nd generation) during the later chapters of the 2nd generation. Maybe have Chrom decide that, since he's not going to be fielding all his troops(because deployment limits), that some group of characters would go and ensure that the children would be taken to safety.

Just spitballing ideas here.

Edit: Though this does raise the question of what do do about Robin.
If Intelligent Systems tries to do a direct sequel to Awakening, I'd like to see them go towards a Chrono Trigger / Cross with the story: having to deal with the ramifications of distorting time. Maybe make the second generation pay the consequences. Or they could expand upon the Hero of the Blue Flame journies alluded to in the last prologue chapter. Have no idea what IS should do -- whatever we get it will be a sequel to Awakening, of that I'm sure.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
If Intelligent Systems tries to do a direct sequel to Awakening, I'd like to see them go towards a Chrono Trigger / Cross with the story: having to deal with the ramifications of distorting time. Maybe make the second generation pay the consequences.
That sound like it's be an interesting idea for a sequel, though I'd doubt they'd go through with that.
Or they could expand upon the Hero of the Blue Flame journies alluded to in the last prologue chapter. Have no idea what IS should do -- whatever we get it will be a sequel to Awakening, of that I'm sure.
That seems like a much more plausible scenario. If they did that, I'd like to maybe see Priam go on a journey to "re-power" Ragnell. Also maybe figure out where Alondite's at. There's a lot of potential in looking at various other far-in-the-future sequels to other FE games.

One thing that I think would be interesting, but a lot of other people might not, is if IS went ahead with the idea for a 3rd Akaneia game in Marth's era. There's actually a lot of stuff that was left hanging after FE3/12, including(off the top of my head) where Feena's from, confirming the Zeke/Sirius connection, maybe a reunion for Est/Abel, and possibly even giving a proper crossover between Akaneia and Valencia. There's also the matter of what Navarre is "looking for" from the designer's notes for FE3.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
No I don't.

....what's he planning on doing to that fish? :scared:
I'm pretty sure he already did what he wanted to do with that fish. Though I would hope not, for the sake of the children. And for science.

What about Eggmans design?
I actually kinda like it.

Doesn't look too bad. He's still shaped kind of like an egg and everything. Along with Tails, this design is decent.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Man, some of the kids during my second playthrough are extremely overpowered. Severa is a one-woman wrecking machine. I had Donnel and Cordelia hook up. Donnel was a Hero and Cordelia a lv15 Dark Pegasus, which meant that Galeforce was inherited. So Severa not only had the insane stats of her father's, but she had the added benefit of one of the best skills in the game. I had no clue what I was doing. Same thing with Morgan. I had MU and Tharja hook up, and both of them pretty far in their classes, so Morgan came out of the gate with insane Magic and Resistance stats. One I re-classed her to Tactician, she could handle half a map all on her own. Not only did Morgan benefit from the stats, but so did Noire. My word.

I'm saving the kids for The Future of Despair. Adults finish main story, kids tackle side mission.
Because I'm unforgivably dumb, I didn't realize the Wireless option on the menu screen led to all the Street Pass content so I have a good 100+ missions to tackle as well as the 6 extra chapters when I get done with Dream Team. I also really want to play the DLC too but I haven't asked around enough yet to see which missions are actually worth getting.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If Intelligent Systems tries to do a direct sequel to Awakening, I'd like to see them go towards a Chrono Trigger / Cross with the story: having to deal with the ramifications of distorting time. Maybe make the second generation pay the consequences. Or they could expand upon the Hero of the Blue Flame journies alluded to in the last prologue chapter. Have no idea what IS should do -- whatever we get it will be a sequel to Awakening, of that I'm sure.
2015 is the 25th anniversary of the series, I'd be surprised if we don't get some sort of announcement in a Japanese Direct towards the end of the year.

For a story though, I'd like to see them continue with Ike/Priam, or give us a Prequel to FE13 that has Marth dealing with Grima.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
For a story though, I'd like to see them continue with Ike/Priam, or give us a Prequel to FE13 that has Marth dealing with Grima.
Fire Emblem: PTSD. Basically a game where all the children watch their parents die and then have to run from a flying, unstoppable terror that's the size of a large city. I watched videos of the Future Past DLC and so much of it is super depressing. Granted, it's a lot more compelling than the actual main campaign but it's surprisingly how any of the "12 Heroes" are even mentally stable, especially Lucina.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Fire Emblem: PTSD. Basically a game where all the children watch their parents die and then have to run from a flying, unstoppable terror that's the size of a large city. I watched videos of the Future Past DLC and so much of it is super depressing. Granted, it's a lot more compelling than the actual main campaign but it's surprisingly how any of the "12 Heroes" are even mentally stable, especially Lucina.
On that note, I think a story dealing with the kids' struggle during that time would make for an interesting game, kind of like how Thracia expanded on Lief and his band. Also, it could flesh out the story and world more as well as well as providing certain characters like Grima motives and backstory that makes them more interesting.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A Sonic game based on a Sonic TV series sounds WRONG

Since it's a TV series game is it going to be bad? Or is it going to be bad because it's a modern Sonic game?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Since it's a TV series game is it going to be bad? Or is it going to be bad because it's a modern Sonic game?
Maybe both? Well, not all TV based games are bad. Though quite a few are, but they actually have some talented people working on this title. Many of them from Naughty Dog and others that have worked on Sly Cooper. And I'ms sure some SEGA vets would help too. Let's hope that they can make a good Sonic game.

Last edited:

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace

Since it's a TV series game is it going to be bad?
Forgetting about the weird character designs which I don't exactly hate but don't make me exactly happy to see the game looks great, yes, it could turn being bad, but so far so good, and knowing who's working on it I won't expect something '06.

Or is it going to be bad because it's a modern Sonic game?
Half of Unleashed and Lost World was great; Colours and Generations weren't bad at all.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Walmart is in league with Sony or Microsoft or something

They don't release Nintendo published games until a week after they come out

You want to know why Nintendo sometimes has weak first week sales? Because people like me that have to rely on Walmart for games are stuck without them for the first week.

They physically HAVE the game, so I'm not sure why the wait to put it on the shelf

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I think Walmart is in league with Sony or Microsoft or something

They don't release Nintendo published games until a week after they come out

You want to know why Nintendo sometimes has weak first week sales? Because people like me that have to rely on Walmart for games are stuck without them for the first week.

They physically HAVE the game, so I'm not sure why the wait to put it on the shelf
Maybe they're boycotting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom