• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
For me it's: Tails >>>> Amy > Sonic >>>>>>> Knuckles

Tails has the best redesign. Amy and Sonic are closely tied for second place and are kinda neutral to me. Knuckles is the worst one for me.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I still like Amy the best and Knuckles the worst, Sonic's blue arms are really throwing me off though. It's like Original the Character or something.
Tails is so barely changed that there's nothing to really say about him.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Still love the entirety of everything for Boom. It's gonna be awesome.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Still love the entirety of everything for Boom. It's gonna be awesome.
YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO LIKE THIS BECAUSE THIS SUCKS AND OLDER DESIGNS ARE BETTER AND THIS SUCKS AND NEW **** SUCKS.
- Nostalgia whores everywhere :p

Really, the only thing I don't like is how disproportionate Knuckles looks. The other characters look fine. Tails actually looks better than before.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
For me it's: Tails >>>> Amy > Sonic >>>>>>> Knuckles

Tails has the best redesign. Any and Sonic are closely tied for second place and are kinda neutral to me. Knuckles is the worst one for me.
I I agree.... I'd swap Amy and Sonic though. All of this is just strange... made stranger by the fact that Japan is missing out on it... o_O

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Really, the only thing I don't like is how disproportionate Knuckles looks. The other characters look fine. Tails actually looks better than before.
I like the new Tails and Amy designs better than their originals. Now Amy has a less revealing outfit.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO LIKE THIS BECAUSE THIS SUCKS AND OLDER DESIGNS ARE BETTER AND THIS SUCKS AND NEW **** SUCKS.
- Nostalgia *****s everywhere :p

I've honestly gotten used to Knux from looking at the 2D art of him and then seeing him in action. I'm more than used to it and honestly like everyone's designs.

At any rate, people can get mad all they want, but it's not going to make this vanish or cause some sort of spontaneous failure for the sake of their "glorious classic series". It's not like the main series is going anywhere. This pretty much starts a new era and generation in it's own right that can do whatever it wants while the main series stays in whatever stagnant, broken and confused state it's in until Sonic Team gets their **** together. If it takes an alternate universe with fresh ideas to give them inspiration or even possible show them what not to do, then so be it. If anything, that can be only a good thing. Win/Win situation. Regardless, one fact remains true for the Boom series and designs:

They have arrived, they're here to stay and there's nothing you can do to make them go away.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I I agree.... I'd swap Amy and Sonic though. All of this is just strange... made stranger by the fact that Japan is missing out on it... o_O
This is what really bugs me a lot. It's rare that a franchise published by a (PRIMARILY) Japenese developer doesn't release a game in Japan, even if it's an outsourced team.

Better question, what are they getting? Will we Americans miss out on it?

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I've honestly gotten used to Knux from looking at the 2D art of him and then seeing him in action. I'm more than used to it and honestly like everyone's designs.

At any rate, people can get mad all they want, but it's not going to make this vanish or cause some sort of spontaneous failure for the sake of their "glorious classic series". It's not like the main series is going anywhere. This pretty much starts a new era and generation in it's own right that can do whatever it wants while the main series stays in whatever stagnant, broken and confused state it's in until Sonic Team gets their **** together. If it takes an alternate universe with fresh ideas to give them inspiration or even possible show them what not to do, then so be it. If anything, that can be only a good thing. Win/Win situation. Regardless, one fact remains true for the Boom series and designs:

They have arrived, they're here to stay and there's nothing you can do to make them go away.

Like it or not, I'll take it. I've never been a huge Sonic fan, but I'll more than likely see those designs for a while. My only gripe is Knuckles... but that's the only gripe. Tails is great, Amy and Sonic are neat, but Knuckles...

*Insert Ridley-Knuckles TOO BIG mashup*

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
This is what really bugs me a lot. It's rare that a franchise published by a (PRIMARILY) Japenese developer doesn't release a game in Japan, even if it's an outsourced team.

Better question, what are they getting? Will we miss out on it?
Well Sonic doesn't really sell well in Japan. He's not popular there like he is in Europe or here. This is aimed specifically at Western audiences and considering how Lost World sold...

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/02...00-copies-worldwide-on-wii-u-and-3ds-in-2013/

It's kinda understandable.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
So, I finally beat Fire Emblem Awakening. And just before we reached 2000 pages too!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, I finally beat Fire Emblem Awakening. And just before we reached 2000 pages too!
I beat it a few days ago too but I've moved on to Mario and Luigi: Dream Team. The problem is that I really want to continue playing Awakening but I don't want to get too far behind on my back catalog before the summer comes. I already miss it and I'm basically rushing through Dream Team because of it.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I beat it a few days ago too but I've moved on to Mario and Luigi: Dream Team. The problem is that I really want to continue playing Awakening but I don't want to get too far behind on my back catalog before the summer comes. I already miss it and I'm basically rushing through Dream Team because of it.
I beat Dream Team incredibly fast, then got the urge to play Super Mario Sunshine in full. Again. For the 6th time.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
When Amy is lookin' the best you know there's a prollum. Also, bring back Rouge. **** Blaze. We need a Big the Cat spin-off.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That's cool. Did you like the game? Or did you kind of slug through it at the end.

Also, if we're still talking about that Sonic Boom thing, I still say that Knuckles looks so weird. His legs are too small, I don't know it's just too awkward to look at when compared to his previous designs.

Also, speaking of redesigns....Here's some Captain N ones.

I think Megaman looks pretty awesome with the visor in his helmet. I could totally see that in a new Megaman game.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I couldn't finish Dream Team, I got to Bowser's Castle and just got bored of the game all of a sudden. I dunno, Dream Team just wasn't as good as the first 3 for me.

I've finished FEA like months ago, and like 5 times or so lol.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
2014 confirmed to be the year of the scarves.

For me its Tails > Knuckles > Amy > Sonic , but they all look good.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Speaking of Sonic, here's an interesting article about the series' rather infamous fanbase (it's a long read, by the way): http://gamebabble.wordpress.com/2010/02/22/sonic-and-the-worst-fandom-ever/
Speaking of the Sonic fandom, have you ever played the Hedgehog Game? It's where you go to Google Images and search for *your name* the Hedgehog. For example, if your name is John, you'd search for John the Hedgehog. The end results are typically hilarious and bone crushingly depressing.

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
I honestly don't mind any of the redesigns except for Knuckles. Seems unnecessary. And yeah Sonic's blue arms are really throwing me off, especially since Amy's are still tan.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Same. Right now I'm on world 7 of DKCR and 73% done on that game. After that I just have Virtue's Last Reward and I'll have completed all 5 games I've owned since buying my 3DS on Black Friday. Next on the list are Kirby Triple Deluxe, Yoshi's New Island, and whenever Smash Bros comes out.
That's cool. Did you like the game? Or did you kind of slug through it at the end.
Definitely. I didn't slug through it all. I was actually pretty hyped up to finish the game. I probably would've gotten done sooner had i not had the urge to battle every enemy that appeared on the map. I still have some "parenting" to do though. I'm kinda glad that my first run through was with the regular game mode instead of the classic this being my first FE game. I've got a much better feel for the game mechanics now and I certainly know what I'd be making Chrom's wife as I got Sulley >.> Also, Galeforce OP, 100% will pass on to Lucina.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Just gonna fess up to it:
I've always wanted Sonic's arms to be blue.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Definitely. I didn't slug through it all. I was actually pretty hyped up to finish the game. I probably would've gotten done sooner had i not had the urge to battle every enemy that appeared on the map. I still have some "parenting" to do though. I'm kinda glad that my first run through was with the regular game mode instead of the classic this being my first FE game. I've got a much better feel for the game mechanics now and I certainly know what I'd be making Chrom's wife as I got Sulley >.> Also, Galeforce OP, 100% will pass on to Lacina.
Good to hear you liked it so much. I need to buff up my 3DS collection a little I guess. Mostly Pokemon Y and Starfox. Maybe some Megaman/Megaman X games that were on the E-Shop too.

Just gonna fess up to it:
I've always wanted Sonic's arms to be blue.
And with that, someone who really, really likes Sonic just put a hit on your head. Or they will just slam their keyboard over their head. Which sound more reasonable to you?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Same. Right now I'm on world 7 of DKCR and 73% done on that game. After that I just have Virtue's Last Reward and I'll have completed all 5 games I've owned since buying my 3DS on Black Friday. Next on the list are Kirby Triple Deluxe, Yoshi's New Island, and whenever Smash Bros comes out.

Definitely. I didn't slug through it all. I was actually pretty hyped up to finish the game. I probably would've gotten done sooner had i not had the urge to battle every enemy that appeared on the map. I still have some "parenting" to do though. I'm kinda glad that my first run through was with the regular game mode instead of the classic this being my first FE game. I've got a much better feel for the game mechanics now and I certainly know what I'd be making Chrom's wife as I got Sulley >.> Also, Galeforce OP, 100% will pass on to Lacina.
I had a pretty Severa and Brady who both had Galeforce, and my Brady had lifetaker and that 20% HP regen skill too. he was almost Donnel level untouchable

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I didn't read all of it. Most just skimmed it.

But I never knew about Sally Acorn. So that was interesting to learn.
Trust me, the Sonic Archie-verse is a big void of nightmares and dreams. There's so many subplots, characters and subplots in subplots.

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I had a pretty Severa and Brady who both had Galeforce, and my Brady had lifetaker and that 20% HP regen skill too. he was almost Donnel level untouchable
Yeah, Donnel is pretty untouchable as far as story mode goes. Heck, I rarely paired him up because I knew he was one of the few who could take a hit and or kill multiple enemy units without help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom