• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
But her current design is soooooooo much better then that proposed design.

That design in that drawing is disgusting. >_>
It's a joke pic. Laugh at it or shut up and ignore it. ¦D

Also, I think the joke design looks far superior.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So I've been using pokemon bank recently.

It might help me get back into training my pokemon seeing how I don't have to worry that much about where to put the random pokemon I catch. (Though, I still wish I could actually remove my eggs instead of having to hatch them).

If there is any negatives I have with it, then it is no extremespeed Zigzagoon, or anything interesting besides legendaries for that matter.

Honestly, pokemon box had much cooler rewards. :/

Maybe there is more that hasn't been discovered? I doubt it...

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
So I've been using pokemon bank recently.

It might help me get back into training my pokemon seeing how I don't have to worry that much about where to put the random pokemon I catch. (Though, I still wish I could actually remove my eggs instead of having to hatch them).

If there is any negatives I have with it, then it is no extremespeed Zigzagoon, or anything interesting besides legendaries for that matter.

Honestly, pokemon box had much cooler rewards. :/

Maybe there is more that hasn't been discovered? I doubt it...
Sounds like there'll be rewards distributed through the internet, like typical events.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Sounds like there'll be rewards distributed through the internet, like typical events.
Well, thats cool and all, but I'm referring to putting a certain number of Pokemon into the bank to get a special pokemon like what I believed they did in Pokemon box.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah, because I totally have been using Pokemon Bank a lot.

It hasn't been messing up constantly since yesterday, no.

/sarcasm

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well, I'll try Poke Transporter again. I apparently need to do cleanup because of my failed sessions.

EDIT: Error Code: 006-0501

That's an access point error, right? But I'm obviously able to connect to the internet.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It tells me I have to do cleanup in Poke Transporter first, but I can't get on Transporter to begin with.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Cleanup in transporter? Did you ever successfully transfer anybody yet?
Yeah, my first box of Kanto Pokemon, but I moved them out of the Transport Box. I was interrupted while transferring the second group, and if I proceed to the Bank, I might lose a box of Johto Pokemon and my Mew.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah, that'll delete my Mew. So no. I wonder if it's my Internet or just the server...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think Im actually looking forward to this Sonic Boom game, especially after learning that some guys from Naughty Dog and some people who worked on Sly Cooper Thieves in time are working on this.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well, since those horrendous designs aren't going to be the new canon designs, I can surely enjoy the game for what it is (if it's good, anyway). I hope those Naughty Dog guys are the ones who worked on Jak and Daxter, since I've given up on ND as a whole when they made Uncharted. The cartoon will probably be **** though.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Discrete Math blows, man. First exam was a nightmare.
I am mainly interested in Sonic Boom because Tails, Knuckles, and Amy are no longer useless sacks of ****.
But Knuckles looks like a steroid user who forgot leg day. At least before he was a scrawny boxer with so-bad-it's-good rap themes.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I am mainly interested in Sonic Boom because Tails, Knuckles, and Amy are no longer useless sacks of ****.
So much this. SO much this.

Discrete Math blows, man. First exam was a nightmare.

But Knuckles looks like a steroid user who forgot leg day. At least before he was a scrawny boxer with so-bad-it's-good rap themes.
Nah, Knuckles just took some advice from Super Vegeta.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Remember, the two teams are working on separate versions.
Well im more interested in the Wii U version, but im glad to hear the type of talent going into this game.

Also I like all the designs, I actually like this new knuckles more than the original. It makes sense for him to have more upper body mass if he's the powerhouse, rather than me buying into the fact his skinny arms can help to pack a punch

As long as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy are the only characters Im good. I can care less about his other buddies, especially shadow and breasts the furry bait bat

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
It's cool how all the recent Nintendo games now have a team of heroes with different abilities.
Kirby's Return to Dreamland.
Mario 3D World.
DK Tropical Freeze.
And now Sonic Boom.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Something just felt off about Sonic but I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but now I'm sure that it's because his arms are blue for whatever reason.

Tails looks exactly the same as he always has besides the added clothes and changed shoes.

Really, the most off-putting thing about Knuckles is the fact that his legs are still scrawny while he suddenly got buff. Maybe if he was just a bit smaller too.

Amy's dress looks really weird, but she's only barely more changed than Tails otherwise. Her design is my favorite of the bunch overall.

What I don't get at all is the whole bandage motif, either it has some sort of significance (I doubt it) or the designers spent a little too much time on dA.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
As long as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy are the only characters Im good. I can care less about his other buddies, especially shadow and breasts the furry bait bat
Oh, so you're one of those people. We definitely don't see eye-to-eye then.

While I like those four, I also like Cream and Blaze since Advance 2 and Rush are tied as my favorite 2D games in the franchise. (Along with Advance 1)

The Chaotix are cool too, but I can take or leave them. (Unless Mighty comes back, then I definitely want them.) Team Dark is in the same boat and I feel they'd need a little change in motives personality wise. Especially Shadow.

Don't care about anyone else, though. Especially not Silver. He can **** himself and go die for all I care. XD

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

While I like those four, I also like Cream and Blaze since Advance 2 and Rush are tied as my favorite 2D games in the franchise. (Along with Advance 1)

The Chaotix are cool too, but I can take or leave them. (Unless Mighty comes back, then I definitely want them.) Team Dark is in the same boat and I feel they'd need a little change in motives personality wise. Especially Shadow.

Don't care about anyone else, though. Especially not Silver. He can **** himself and go die for all I care. XD
I don't understand the hate on the 'tons' characters either. Mario has tons of characters and nobody is complaining how they won't have future roles. Seriously, does anybody expect to see the whittles or sprixies again outside of direct sequels?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I don't understand the hate on the 'tons' characters either. Mario has tons of characters and nobody is complaining how they won't have future roles. Seriously, does anybody expect to see the whittles or sprixies again outside of direct sequels?
I don't have a problem with tons of characters or anything.

Just Silver. **** Silver. Damn Pothead the Palmtree. ¦(

Last edited:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I think it's because Sonic's been more story driven series ever since Sonic Adventure came out, meaning that characters tend to have a greater/forced focus throughout the games. Probably also because in recent years the series has seen a greater increase in the amount of main characters introduced (Ex. Shadow, Rouge, Cream, Omega, Blaze, Eggman Nega, Silver, Babylon Rogues, Sinister 6, etc.)

In comparison, Mario's only seen a couple main characters introduced, Ex. Bowser Jr., Professor E-Gladd, Rosalina. And generally they don't have that large of an impact on the gameplay (hence why it was a big deal to see Luigi/Peach/Toad/Rosalina playable in 3D World).

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I think it's because Sonic's been more story driven series ever since Sonic Adventure came out, meaning that characters tend to have a greater/forced focus throughout the games. Probably also because in recent years the series has seen a greater increase in the amount of main characters introduced (Ex. Shadow, Rouge, Cream, Omega, Blaze, Eggman Nega, Silver, Babylon Rogues, Sinister 6, etc.)

In comparison, Mario's only seen a couple main characters introduced, Ex. Bowser Jr., Professor E-Gladd, Rosalina. And generally they don't have that large of an impact on the gameplay (hence why it was a big deal to see Luigi/Peach/Toad/Rosalina playable in 3D World).
I guess. But still, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Lol Yeah, I guess I one of them. Never played the DS 2D Sonic games so I had no clue of Cream until Sonic Heroes.

Big I don't mind and Im indifferent to Team Choatix. I really don't care about his buddies i'm more interested in characters and what they add to the gameplay than story. Rather then skins for Sonic, Tails and Knuckles
Oh yeah Gamma and Omega were pretty dope too

Shadow was cool during SA2 and gradually got annoying same with rouge.
I can care less about Baby Daisy and Baby Peach. So you could add me as the first person hate on the tons of characters.

and Ill say wait until the next Mario Party, Kart, or sports games before thinking you've seen the last of any mario character

Last edited:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I guess. But still, I don't see anything wrong with it.
Ignoring the story stuff as that's heavily opinionated and matters less, I know that gameplay wise many people were getting tired of having so many playable characters with vastly different gameplay styles when all they want to play as is Sonic. Case in point: Big the Cat in SA1.

It was backlash from all of the gameplay styles that resulted in recent games featuring only Sonic as a playable character*.

As a side note, programming wise, Sonic 06 had almost 20 different gameplay styles because of the amount of characters and vehicles included...yeah...

*Though in recent years, people have now started asking for Tails/Knuckles to be playable, though this is understandable as they were slight variations of Sonic's typical gameplay style, similar to Mario/Luigi/Peach/Toad.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
THAT'S the familiar foe?

what the hell

Smooth Criminal
It's an assist trophy Smooth.
Also interesting how it's not Mother Brain's Other M design.

Perhaps getting Super Metroid's Ridley isn't as big of an impossibility anymore.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A lot of the newer Sonic games did introduce a new character or two with each release. But I never found a real need to have them, outside of spin-offs and the like. Since you already have a decent amount of characters to work with. Though I will say I do like the Choatix guys. Well, not Charmy, but Vector and Espio were always alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom