• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Is there really anything "honest" about getting shinespiked? Or getting slapped around offstage by Sheik at lower percentages? Honestly, EPF. Lmao.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So edgehogging isn't a thing anymore?

Interesting. Looks like one will have always have to put in more effort when trying to keep the opponent from recovering.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Not like edgehogging is totally braindead anyway. It still requires a certain amount of timing and precision. You can't just park yourself on the edge in the older games and get away with it.

Smooth Criminal

Not like edgehogging is totally braindead anyway. It still requires a certain amount of timing and precision. You can't just park yourself on the edge in the older games and get away with it.

Smooth Criminal
True. You need to be good at edge guarding to edge hog. It's kinda balsy when you think about it .

The best Edgehog I have ever do e personally was when I was playing a Fox ditto on Pokemon stadium in Melee. My opponent was at very low % and I grabbed him and U-threw him (no DI) into an F-tilt. He was right at the edge so he tried to illusion sweet spot. Before he can do it I wave dashed back super quick and rolled back on right away. He was really close to the edge too, I was so hyped.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Edgehogging never was easy either. You gotta think of what you should do at just the right time, like going after the opponent to increase their distance attack, make use of a certain projectile, hang on the ledge and attack the opponent just as he/she is about to reach the ledge, etc. It almost always requires very quick thinking, though I suppose that can be said for just about any situation during a match.

At the moment I'm kind of glad about this change, remembering a few of my past experiences in online Brawl matches. Course I'm not entirely certain this is a good change just yet, or a bad one for that matter.

vicgur

Smash Ace
These Palutena leaks are kinda freaking me out, because a friend of mine sent me them before the whole internet saw it.
I googled the image, and found nothing.
Fake or legit, seems like it came from my friend or whoever his secret source is.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've been hearing that Palutena in the picture isn't using the model from Kid Icuras: Uprising, Brawl, or AR cards. Right now I'm not saying it's real or fake but I will keep it on the radar. And I think there's a chance it could be an Assist Trophy if not playable.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I will say compared to other fake screenshots if this truely is a fake. Is pretty well done, I don't see anything in the image that would immediately make me think fake like these generally do.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Here's something new off the ol' rumor assembly line and I figured you'd be the one to get the biggest kick of out of it:

If they're fakes, they're probably the best ones yet.

Before we get outta control, we should take this to the "leaks and rumors" thread (already started) and dont worry, I already know about it. D:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
...Would you mind putting together a video... ...Making it like a romantic tragedy?...
Allen & Nichole 2.0 here we come!
Hell no.

So it looks like we're finally getting some concrete changes to the gameplay. And from the looks of it, edgeguarding has been revamped big time.

• You cannot edge guard by holding the edge.
  • Air time and accumulated damage will determine your period of invincibility while hanging on an edge.
  • Grab controls will no longer be affected by whether you have above or below 100% damage.
The first appears to kill a lot of traditional edge guarding and this might be a substantial buff to tether users. The air time change may now kill planking once and for all. No idea on the damage accumulation thing though. I'm guessing the last one means your options are the same regardless of damage received.
That's awesome.

This is an extremely good sign for Smash4.

Here's something new off the ol' rumor assembly line and I figured you'd be the one to get the biggest kick of out of it:

If they're fakes, they're probably the best ones yet.
Dat leg yo.

Seriously though, if that's real, it would be cool if she is playable. But for some reason the 2 poses she are in suggest assist trophy rather then playable to me for some reason.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
These Palutena leaks are kinda freaking me out, because a friend of mine sent me them before the whole internet saw it.
I googled the image, and found nothing.
Fake or legit, seems like it came from my friend or whoever his secret source is.
If true, you better shake your friend down for every single drop of information he has.

Is it not possible that he just saw it on 4chan and sent it to you?

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Okay guys, you never seem to let me down when I need a question answered, and I just can't figure out if there is a "right" place to ask this, so your reliability may help me.

How can I figure out who the the moderator of a certain forum? I'm trying to get some access to some threads to fix them up and get a couple things stickied but can't figure out who to even ask as the place is rather dead sadly. :(

Any ideas? (Maybe a mod here knows?)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Okay guys, you never seem to let me down when I need a question answered, and I just can't figure out if there is a "right" place to ask this, so your reliability may help me.

How can I figure out who the the moderator of a certain forum? I'm trying to get some access to some threads to fix them up and get a couple things stickied but can't figure out who to even ask as the place is rather dead sadly. :(

Well, I would say that @Venus of the Desert Bloom and @FalKoopa tend to be active around this area of the site. So maybe you can try to get a hold of them. I tagged their names for you, so you won't have to go looking for them.

But if you have threads of your own you wish to clean up, I suggest going into your post history on this site. But you can edit them yourself once you find them.

Stuff that gets stickied has to be rather important, so hopefully your thread would warrant it.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Well, I would say that @Venus of the Desert Bloom and @FalKoopa tend to be active around this area of the site. So maybe you can try to get a hold of them. I tagged their names for you, so you won't have to go looking for them.

But if you have threads of your own you wish to clean up, I suggest going into your post history on this site. But you can edit them yourself once you find them.

Stuff that gets stickied has to be rather important, so hopefully your thread would warrant it.
I'll give them an ask. If that doesn't work, any other ideas?

mimgrim

Smash Hero

I've also seen Mario And Sonic Guy around here and I've seen Nayday a couple of times. I also believe Neon was made a mod?

Along with the 2 kewl said, I think they are all mods for smash 4 stuff.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
kinda sorta hoping there's a Nintendo Direct this friday... especially considering that day is my birthday... and i want to see a Trailer 2 for Bayonetta for teh HYPE. Yarn Yosh, a first look at SMTxFE, and some teasers, then wrap it up with Palutena reveal.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Palutena IS an AT, we may not get information on her. Especially during a direct

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Either way, if this is indeed the real deal, we WILL see something very soon regarding them. I beleive there was a very similar case with the final evos for the Kalos starters.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Thanks for the help guys!

Also... What a curious fake... I don't know why, it just doesn't feel real to me. Lot's of evidence I know...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just think it's funny that the two screen shots they posted match the same poses Palutena has in everything.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
kinda sorta hoping there's a Nintendo Direct this friday... especially considering that day is my birthday... and i want to see a Trailer 2 for Bayonetta for teh HYPE. Yarn Yosh, a first look at SMTxFE, and some teasers, then wrap it up with Palutena reveal.
Yes, that would be amazing.

Btw happy early birthday.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The person who posted them on 4chan said she was an assist.
That's not true. The comments section had people claiming that she would be an AT. Not the original poster.

I just think it's funny that the two screen shots they posted match the same poses Palutena has in everything.
This is also not true (of course I'm sure you've seen by now). The model does not share the same stance or design as other models of Palutena.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But no one can match the model. xD
That's not true. The comments section had people claiming that she would be an AT. Not the original poster.

This is also not true (of course I'm sure you've seen by now). The model does not share the same stance or design as other models of Palutena.
As far as I could tell it looked like the exact same poses from the AR model

The stand still pose and the holding the staff out pose

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
As far as I could tell it looked like the exact same poses from the AR model

The stand still pose and the holding the staff out pose
Somebody posted a comparison shot in the Palutena Thread. Both poses aren't the same as the ones in Uprising. Additionally, the models aren't the same, so that wouldn't be possible anyway.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Sorry that I'm late to the discussion. Did someone leak Palutena or something?

Oh wait, yeah she's in another screenshot leak. Gods, I hope this is legit! Palutena's a wanted newcomer of mine! The AR card model/Idol model argument convinces me that this is fake though.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Somebody posted a comparison shot in the Palutena Thread. Both poses aren't the same as the ones in Uprising. Additionally, the models aren't the same, so that wouldn't be possible anyway.
Wouldn't be surprised if the 3DS Model was indeed based on Uprising's. The two models look strikingly similar.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Wouldn't be surprised if the 3DS Model was indeed based on Uprising's. The two models look strikingly similar.
The one in the leaked pictures does look like it shares some qualities, but it still isn't the exact same model. So that instantly rules the idea that it is a ripped model out.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
The one in the leaked pictures does look like it shares some qualities, but it still isn't the exact same model. So that instantly rules the idea that it is a ripped model out.
It's likely going to be similar but not exact to Uprising. Pit's eyes are a sign that it's not a 100% copycat, and I don't expect Pretty Palutena to get the same treatment here.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
The person who posted them on 4chan said she was an assist.
No this isn't true. That was a poster here assuming that someone doing the "FYI she's an assist trophy" joke was the OP, even though 4chan is an anonymous image board. I actually was just on the original thread and there was no such comment like that from the OP.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Well, I searched for 'palutena render' and this screenshot comes out of Kid Icarus: Uprising's Idol Viewer. I know this image isn't the best and obscures her abdomen down in addition to the resolution being really fuzzy, but feel free to compare the KI:U model to the leaked SSB4 one.

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Leaked Super Smash Bros. for 3DS screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom