• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I swear someone needs to make a Smashboards Thread Simulator V2.0 out of the recent pages of the SSB4 Leaks and Rumors thread. The Palutena hypestorm is too priceless. :chuckle:

vicgur

Smash Ace
If true, you better shake your friend down for every single drop of information he has.
Is it not possible that he just saw it on 4chan and sent it to you?
Looks like he has a friend who sent him the picture before he sent it to me.
I tried talking to him today, but the asshole is giving me the silent treatment.

Even though he is a friend and all, I can't help but think this is a very good fake. I believe he would tell me if it was really legit. What he did was he just sent the image to me and a bunch of other friends, said it was from a secret source, and ran away.
I'll say it's fake. A GREAT fake, but a fake.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Its not the first time I've seen a good SSB4 3DS 'leak.
Remember this?

Not saying its fake, but it seems like someone also knows how to make some damn good 3DS screens.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Just read a post some guy made on DA. He thinks that all the confirmed characters right now is the full roster for god knows what reason.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Though, if you do know, how was this image proven fake?
All that was pointed out to me is that Ness doesn't have a shadow.
So it's either 1 of 2 things:

1) Shadows on the 3DS disappear when doing taunts.

or

2) The person forgot to add a shadow for Ness.

This pic has been floating around for a good 2-3 months without any acknowledgement from any officials, to really know for sure though.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Remember this?

Not saying its fake, but it seems like someone also knows how to make some damn good 3DS screens.
also the facts that the "leaks" are ALWAYS of the 3DS version doesn't help in thier favor either.

Also, 2 minor sidenotes: one,anyone have any guesses on who the main villain may be this time? in the first game it was Master Hand, in Melee it was (Giga)Bowser, and in Brawl it was Tabuu. wonder what's next....?

and secondly, I just realized: Could Rosalina possibly be able to do crossups on foes? if so...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Remember this?

That was proven wrong for many reasons.

Reason number one being that the background is the same as this one.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I hope she is.

She loves me and will turn the game in my favor. I share the same sentiments she has against humans. We are on the same page and all that jazz.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I don't know how I generally feel about this.
As a Viridi supporter who wanted her at the very least an assist trophy and thought she would become one, this is weird.

There are two routes it can go that will determine more on how I feel about it:

1. She just appears once: Well, even as a nice stage effect that's disappointing i'd rather her have been assist trophy.

2. She appears constantly taunting the players: Would make me happy, that would be plain awesome, moreso than an assist trophy.

Though even with all that said, I will stay say I do like how she looks. Very pretty. :3

Well, that makes two characters I wanted now deconfirmed. One week after another. I might not even have a roster by march. Oh well.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I don't know how I generally feel about this.
As a Viridi supporter who wanted her at the very least an assist trophy and thought she would become one, this is weird.

There are two routes it can go that will determine more on how I feel about it:

1. She just appears once: Well, even as a nice stage effect that's disappointing i'd rather her have been assist trophy.

2. She appears constantly taunting the players: Would make me happy, that would be plain awesome, moreso than an assist trophy.

Though even with all that said, I will stay say I do like how she looks. Very pretty. :3

Well, that makes two characters I wanted now deconfirmed. One week after another. I might not even have a roster by march. Oh well.
I feel you, as a Viridi Supporter.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I don't get it. Look at the clouds in the background behind that first mountain and the tree. Looks different to me even though it's the same angle.
Never underestimate the power of Photoshop homie.

Also I think this Kid Icarus stage will have taunt accessible conversations like Fox/Falco/Wolf and Snake had on their stages in brawl. Where either Pit or Palutena (If she's actually in)

would be able to interact with Viridi any other character in the fight. I would be surprised if that didn't happen as talkative as that game is.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Never underestimate the power of Photoshop homie.

Also I think this Kid Icarus stage will have taunt accessible conversations like Fox/Falco/Wolf and Snake had on their stages in brawl. Where either Pit or Palutena (If she's actually in)

would be able to interact with Viridi any other character in the fight. I would be surprised if that didn't happen as talkative as that game is.
Well KI:U was apparently supposed to be a Star Fox game early on. Which you can sort of tell, with the flying segments and the constant talking between characters that don't really help your ass save the world. And everyone else just bags on Pit like Falco does with Slippy. Not to say that the game doesn't have it's own personality, it clearly does.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Star Foxx Uprising, now that would have been interesting to play.
One would wonder if Andross would be as sarcastic as Hades would be. Now that would be interesting. Also, I'd really like a Star Fox game where you could play as Wolf in the single player at a certain point.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Though, if you do know, how was this image proven fake?
Splat did a "debunk" of this one. I think he also mentioned that the picture is using a modified version of their Brawl models, which don't fit with the new style of the game.

Though interestingly, Splat wasn't able to debunk the Palutena picture.....

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ok Viridi being confirmed to be in the Reset Bomb stage is amazing. I hope she will be talking constantly while she appears on the stage.

Buuuuuuut, is it just me or does Viridi look awfully sinister, I don't recall her ever looking that sinister, even when she was first introduced. Her head looks weird also, it's like it is just resting on her body and there is no neck.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Ok Viridi being confirmed to be in the Reset Bomb stage is amazing. I hope she will be talking constantly while she appears on the stage.

Buuuuuuut, is it just me or does Viridi look awfully sinister, I don't recall her ever looking that sinister, even when she was first introduced. Her head looks weird also, it's like it is just resting on her body and there is no neck.
Kinda agree on the sinister looking Viridi. But during the Reset Bomb chapter of KI:U she was really ticked off and a big brat so it kinda makes sense.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

She kinda did if I remember. I'm assuming because her rage with humans was still there. And since this is based off Chapter 11...

mimgrim

Smash Hero
She kinda did if I remember. I'm assuming because her rage with humans was still there. And since this is based off Chapter 11...
I don't remember her looking like well that in chapter 11 though. She was angry sure, but she didn't look as sinister as she has been depicted in Smash.

She just looks off to me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Neither list was all that great in my eyes. Nothing against Screwattack though. But the second one was much better. The only things I found myself liking about the first one was Ridley and Simon Belmont. This new one had Pac-Man, King K. Rool, and Little Mac. I think it would have turned out much better if it was a top 10 and sorted itself out a little more.

Does anyone know when Robocop vs. Terminator is coming to Death Battle? It was suppose to be the next one. And as far as I know, they are still working on the series, it just seems like it has been a while since it was announced. Even more so when they were plowing out episodes like no ones bussiness.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I read somewhere that Sakurai chose Kid Icarus over Star Fox for Project Sora because he felt he'd have more creative liberty over the franchise. I'd love to see Sakurai develop a Star Fox game though.
It would have totally made more sense as a Star Fox game.

Also more creative liberty?

Star Fox travels around the universe. You could have all sorts of planets he visits with a variety of alien life

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It would have totally made more sense as a Star Fox game.

Also more creative liberty?

Star Fox travels around the universe. You could have all sorts of planets he visits with a variety of alien life
He was probably referring to how Miyamoto makes developers jump through hoops just to even have permission to use his characters.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I just realized something. They said they removed Ryu because the game already has Mega Man. Top Ten has Bayonetta. Although i can understand that they didn't know that she's owned by SEGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom