• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It's still hard to believe it's been 15 years since Super Smash Bros. came out. So Smashers, what got you into the world of Super Smash Bros.? For me, I went crazy when I saw this on TV when I was 8 years old.

Ah memories!

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
What the heck has happened to this site? It looks like everyone and their grandma came here to make a fake leak.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
It's still hard to believe it's been 15 years since Super Smash Bros. came out. So Smashers, what got you into the world of Super Smash Bros.? For me, I went crazy when I saw this on TV when I was 8 years old.

Ah memories!
A school friend, went to his house and we played Melee, I knew a very few of the characters but for some odd reason I always chosed Roy apart from Pikachu, insta loved the game.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Does it bug anyone else how ho-hum Sakurai is about the anniversary of his own series, especially how he acknowledges that at least a generation of gamers have gone from childhood to adulthood since the first game?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Does it bug anyone else how ho-hum Sakurai is about the anniversary of his own series, especially how he acknowledges that at least a generation of gamers have gone from childhood to adulthood since the first game?
You wanted something big for an anniversary? Too bad, here's Rosalina and Luma.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yeah, it seems odd to see his reaction to Smash 15th but maybe, just maybe, it'll be properly acknowledged in the thing (whatever it is) that people are speculating that Nintendo could be doing this week.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I 100% the BD demo earlier today, got all the rewards for when the full game comes out. Even have all available jobs mastered, not that that is much as there were only 8 jobs available and they got maxed at level 4 rather then 14, and each character to the allowed max level of 20.

Ninja class is freaking OP.

I've also been getting calls and texts from some random chick. I keep telling her I don't know who she is, but I don't think she believes me xD.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I 100% the BD demo earlier today, got all the rewards for when the full game comes out. Even have all available jobs mastered, not that that is much as there were only 8 jobs available and they got maxed at level 4 rather then 14, and each character to the allowed max level of 20.

Ninja class is freaking OP.

I've also been getting calls and texts from some random chick. I keep telling her I don't know who she is, but I don't think she believes me xD.
Ask her to send you pics

402_bong_tokez_Xx69xX

Banned via Warnings
Just want to take a moment to mention how close I was to pissing myself when I saw this:

All this time. All the admins had to do for people to fork over money that actually goes towards cheap hookers and coke (lol if you actually believe any money goes towards this site that got DDoS'd for a MONTH -- that's pathetic) was to GUILT US with passive-aggressiveness and acting like a Jew.

I don't even know what else to say. The staff on this site are a piece of work, that's for sure.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lol.

I'm not that kind of person. xD

I don't ask for pics from people I don't know, or don't know well, only from those I take the time to get to know and become friends with. xD
Ok, instead of asking her to send you pictures, ask her if she's the type of girl that would send pictures.

That way you're guilt free and you still could get the pictures

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ok, instead of asking her to send you pictures, ask her if she's the type of girl that would send pictures.

That way you're guilt free and you still could get the pictures
xD.

Nah, she still think I'm someone I'm not, no matter how much I tell her I'm not the person she is trying to contact and has the wrong number. That would be taking advantage of her, which isn't my kind of thing.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
...Would you mind putting together a video... ...Making it like a romantic tragedy?...
Allen & Nichole 2.0 here we come!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It's still hard to believe it's been 15 years since Super Smash Bros. came out. So Smashers, what got you into the world of Super Smash Bros.?
My brothers heard tale of a game where you could make Zelda fight Metroid and StarFox fight Pokemon. No character was stronger than Mother, though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nintendo should totally make a collectable tower defense game

Imagine something like pokemon where you have to find an collect/ trade some kind of characters but the main goal of the game is tower defense?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Ah memories!
You linked to the wrong video bro.

This commercial man. This commercial...

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Welp, my second semester of college is today! And I have to get up around 4 AM whilst a snowstorm of pending potency affects Massachusetts! We'll see, Mother Nature!

I'll make this visit snappy.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Probably not a good sign for Super Smash Bros in Japan:

I'm as excited as anyone else about Super Smash Bros on the go, but the definitive experience is still going to be on the home console. Wii U Pro Controller with its analog sticks, shoulder buttons and grip is going to be more ergonomically friendly compared to the 3DS' slide pad and buttons.

Wii U is so dead after Mario Kart -- if even then.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Yeah, I saw this list too. Going to take it with a grain of salt.

Um, but the Wii U certainly won't become a complete flop after the big 2 console hitters come this year. Still waiting on Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, X, what the hell will blow us out of the park at E3. Speaking of which, freakin' Zelda U's around the corner! Well, maybe you can blame Nintendo for their ****ty handling of the console. A weak and underutilized gimmick, completely flunking the year ahead they had to build and install base, with the whole marketing being so underwhelming and not amusing unlike the PS4 and XBone adverts.

Aw who am I kidding! I'm not gonna get myself started. I should be in bed already. Welp, good night everyone. XD

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Probably not a good sign for Super Smash Bros in Japan:

I'm as excited as anyone else about Super Smash Bros on the go, but the definitive experience is still going to be on the home console. Wii U Pro Controller with its analog sticks, shoulder buttons and grip is going to be more ergonomically friendly compared to the 3DS' slide pad and buttons.

Wii U is so dead after Mario Kart -- if even then.
Japan has always been bigger on handhelds than main consoles, so that's probably the reason for it's placement.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So it looks like we're finally getting some concrete changes to the gameplay. And from the looks of it, edgeguarding has been revamped big time.

• You cannot edge guard by holding the edge.
  • Air time and accumulated damage will determine your period of invincibility while hanging on an edge.
  • Grab controls will no longer be affected by whether you have above or below 100% damage.
The first appears to kill a lot of traditional edge guarding and this might be a substantial buff to tether users. The air time change may now kill planking once and for all. No idea on the damage accumulation thing though. I'm guessing the last one means your options are the same regardless of damage received.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You can't edgehog anymore. Basically, if your opponent is on the edge already, your edgegrab will trump theirs, and they'll be bumped off of the ledge accordingly.

This could either be really interesting or really lame. We'll have to see how the rest of the game turns out, mechanically-speaking.

Smooth Criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom