• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Galacta Knight? Aside from being a palette swap for MK, if DLC characters become a thing I guess there would be a small chance he would be one of them.

I suppose he is also possible as an Assist Trophy, maybe a boss, unless Sakurai would rather keep using larger characters for bosses.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm most curious about the multiplayer mode in Kirby Triple Deluxe. It looks like Super Smash Bros.-lite. But it seems like it has no online play, like what the hell?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I hope so.
But think of it, then they'll have this competitive scene filled with tournaments, tiers, and forums, never forget the forums.
It'll be cute.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm really sick of this no online multiplayer bull**** Nintendo keeps doing. I don't have real life friends I can do this with. Especially considering I'm probably the only one that will play a Kirby game.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Same problem...
And I honestly think online could help with this game. Hopefully Nintendo thinks the same way...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm really sick of this no online multiplayer bull**** Nintendo keeps doing. I don't have real life friends I can do this with. Especially considering I'm probably the only one that will play a Kirby game.
This. This, Soooooo Much. When Reggie first came out to introduce the Wii U, he said the Wii U stood for a system that was for everyone (We/Wii) and at the same able to cater to you (U).
Having no online definitely doesn't fit my personal life atm, where all of my friends are 1 to 2 hours away at different colleges.

And the thing that pisses me off are Nintendo fanboys/girls that are complacent with no online, or one that is barebones. And attack others for wanting Nintendo to do things that will cater to their needs.
I have an uncle that loves play with his kids, but he is always traveling. Why can't Nintendo make a game like Mario 3D World online so a father in Europe can still play and have fun with his kids at home.

I really hope the Wii U gets destroyed by PS4/XB1. Not out of spite, for Nintendo not giving me what I want. But so that they can re-evaluate themselves and put out competent hardware and features.

A desperate Nintendo is a good one.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Its not even to keep a "family friendly image" anymore. Its plain laziness and incompetence.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To tell you the truth, online is one of the reasons I buy a game (don't know a lot of people with a 3DS). Heck it's one of the reasons I keep playing a game (NSMB2? A month. MK7? More than a year...), and I'm that kind of guy that rarely keeps physical games. But, it's also why the majority of games I get are from the Virtual Console (not big, but at least something small to tide me over for some other game)...

Morbi

Scavenger
To tell you the truth, online is one of the reasons I buy a game (don't know a lot of people with a 3DS). Heck it's one of the reasons I keep playing a game (NSMB2? A month. MK7? More than a year...), and I'm that kind of guy that rarely keeps physical games. But, it's also why the majority of games I get are from the Virtual Console (not big, but at least something small to tide me over for some other game)...
Online is the only reason I buy certain games. Looking at you Call of Duty. :troll:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I tried out Wii Sports Club with the free trial, and that game was as bare as it gets.

- Presets Comments, to avoid hurt feelings.
- No Rematch
- Can't set up rooms to play specifically with friends.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I tried out Wii Sports Club with the free trial, and that game was as bare as it gets.

- No Rematch
Didn't Brawl allow you to Rematch, and play with your friends? What the heck Nintendo?!

Morbi

Scavenger
This. This, Soooooo Much. When Reggie first came out to introduce the Wii U, he said the Wii U stood for a system that was for everyone (We/Wii) and at the same able to cater to you (U).
Having no online definitely doesn't fit my personal life atm, where all of my friends are 1 to 2 hours away at different colleges.

And the thing that pisses me off are Nintendo fanboys/girls that are complacent with no online, or one that is barebones. And attack others for wanting Nintendo to do things that will cater to their needs.
I have an uncle that loves play with his kids, but he is always traveling. Why can't Nintendo make a game like Mario 3D World online so a father in Europe can still play and have fun with his kids at home.

I really hope the Wii U gets destroyed by PS4/XB1. Not out of spite, for Nintendo not giving me what I want. But so that they can re-evaluate themselves and put out competent hardware and features.

A desperate Nintendo is a good one.
This is exactly how I have felt... for pretty much all of 2013.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

- No Rematch
lol Its still baffling how Wii Sports Club of all things has online play yet they're big hitter 3D World doesn't (with multiplayer being the main selling point of that ****ing game).
Nintendo have the most ****ed up priorities.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Didn't Brawl allow you to Rematch, and play with your friends? What the heck Nintendo?!
It's honestly a downgrade. Change Opponent & Quit... I want the ability to have my salty runbacks!

Nintendo is also going to need to invest into some servers too. P2P shouldn't be a standard. It's not like Nintendo is also selling TVs or OS software on the side. Gaming is primarily what they do, need to have a solid online for their gaming console.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
lol Its still baffling how Wii Sports Club of all things has online play yet they're big hitter 3D World doesn't (with multiplayer being the main selling point of that ****ing game).
Nintendo have the most ****ed up priorities.
I guess they're referring to local multiplayer.
And to be fair it would be hard to implement a working online co-op which would need minimal lag to have it's framerate considered "smooth."

Though they have no excuse for Wii Sport Club...

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I guess they're referring to local multiplayer.
And to be fair it would be hard to implement a working online co-op which would need minimal lag to have it's framerate considered "smooth."
This is why they need to invest in some servers. Yes, its going to be quite the challenge to get 1 to 1 movement online, but creating severs is more than a good start.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
^
Was just going to say this, then my ****ing internet conked out... again.
I hate London weather

Morbi

Scavenger
How so? Sure the 3D is iffy at times, and many (including me) that it's better off. But there's some decent games on it...
It is the predominant system that they are focusing on, they offer way too many exclusive hand-held games. As such, the consumer is naturally going to go for the more convenient and cheap console with the most games on it. The Nintendo fan-base is largely casual, as such, many prefer the 3DS to the Wii U inherently, I don't blame them. Their focus on one element of the company becomes a detriment to the other aspect (console gaming). The interpret the lack of Wii U sales as a shift in gaming, everything is going handheld, thus they focus on the 3DS applications and games. This focus attenuates what the Wii U is about. The Wii U isn't selling, the 3DS is.

So the company is going to rush games on the Wii U and work harder on 3DS titles as that is where their primary demographic lies. Is it a problem? No, of course not. However, it does have a negative effect on the Wii U.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I do agree that Nintendo is going way too light on online multiplayer and needs to be looking into desperately but I don't do much online myself really even if the game offers it.

In some cases (sadly not as much as we want), Nintendo does have online multiplayer in ways people want it. Dr. Luigi that came out last week, for example, has online on 4 different game modes and you can compete with someone repeatly as long as both are willing to face each other as well as has a place to set up battle with your friends. Plus it has leaderboards. I've done plenty of online multiplayer with one of my friends multiple times. I just kinda wish it had 4-player option like Dr. Mario 64 had.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It is the predominant system that they are focusing on, they offer way too many exclusive hand-held games. As such, the consumer is naturally going to go for the more convenient and cheap console with the most games on it. The Nintendo fan-base is largely casual, as such, many prefer the 3DS to the Wii U inherently, I don't blame them. Their focus on one element of the company becomes a detriment to the other aspect (console gaming). The interpret the lack of Wii U sales as a shift in gaming, everything is going handheld, thus they focus on the 3DS applications and games. This focus attenuates what the Wii U is about. The Wii U isn't selling, the 3DS is.

So the company is going to rush games on the Wii U and work harder on 3DS titles as that is where their primary demographic lies. Is it a problem? No, of course not. However, it does have a negative effect on the Wii U.
The PS4 and Xbox One and even the Ouya says otherwise.

Morbi

Scavenger
The PS4 and Xbox One and even the Ouya says otherwise.
Exactly the point, Nintendo is in their own little bubble. Mark my words, in the near future, Nintendo will go handheld only as they will have trouble competing with the more more competent companies. Nintendo will be doing just fine, they will be making HIGH-quality hand-held games. They will be good, they will dominate that market. It is just a matter of time.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I do agree that Nintendo is going way too light on online multiplayer and needs to be looking into desperately but I don't do much online myself really even if the game offers it.

In some cases (sadly not as much as we want), Nintendo does have online multiplayer in ways people want it. Dr. Luigi that came out last week, for example, has online on 4 different game modes and you can compete with someone repeatly as long as both are willing to face each other as well as has a place to set up battle with your friends. Plus it has leaderboards. I've done plenty of online multiplayer with one of my friends multiple times. I just kinda wish it had 4-player option like Dr. Mario 64 had.
Well Reggie, did say that 2014 Nintendo will have more of an online presence, so I'm eager to see if we'll see more and more online games.

Nintendo just needs to be consistent. Remember Wii Speak? I got it in the hopes of it being further utilized, but unfortunately it turns out only like 3 Wii games used it.

They need to be consistent in their online offerings and implement online when and where it makes sense.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Morbid, the reason the Nintendo Network went down was because more consumers got a WiiU than Nintendo expected, causing issues because of everyone suddenly making Nintendo Network IDs. The Wii sold extremely well, I'm pretty sure, and the 3DS went through a slump exactly like the WiiU was until 3D World came out.

An early slump is actually common in the industry. I remember when doom and gloom was all over the 3DS, and look at what people think of it now.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I can only think of three titles that will most likely have online play coming out in 2014. Not counting third party stuff.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS
Mario Kart 8
X

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
y'know what would have been a good idea? for the mentality of nintendo of playing with your buddy or girlfriend or whatever locally, they should have made the Gamepad implement the video stream so it's like they are right there... wait... WAIT!!!!! HORI SHEET!!

i'll be right back!! need to bust out the photoshop!! bonus points for those who can guess what i'm going to make!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
y'know what would have been a good idea? for the mentality of nintendo of playing with your buddy or girlfriend or whatever locally, they should have made the Gamepad implement the video stream so it's like they are right there... wait... WAIT!!!!! HORI SHEET!!

i'll be right back!! need to bust out the photoshop!! bonus points for those who can guess what i'm going to make!
Does it have to do with making an Original Sonic character?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
my computer reset itself and i lost all my progress............

anyways, what i was making was a scene or something where you play star fox wii u, you place your wii u gamepad down with the stand so the screen faces you. (alternatively, you could play with the gamepad and have the screen face your chin) anyway, what you do is you press a button on the screen if you want to talk to your teammates, or alternatively, to everyone (think, starwolf battles...)
so, the gamepad shows you exactly what it would normally show, your friend's name, their remaining life, etc etc. you press the screen again to end transmission, just like in the games where slippy says, NOOOOOOOO, or peppy says, do a barrel roll!, obviously, there should be some limits...

i just want a star fox crew. i want them to be there like it's starfox, experiencing it the way fox experiences dogfights with his teammates.

the more i think about it, the more i realize it will never happen...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
my computer reset itself and i lost all my progress............

anyways, what i was making was a scene or something where you play star fox wii u, you place your wii u gamepad down with the stand so the screen faces you. (alternatively, you could play with the gamepad and have the screen face your chin) anyway, what you do is you press a button on the screen if you want to talk to your teammates, or alternatively, to everyone (think, starwolf battles...)
so, the gamepad shows you exactly what it would normally show, your friend's name, their remaining life, etc etc. you press the screen again to end transmission, just like in the games where slippy says, NOOOOOOOO, or peppy says, do a barrel roll!, obviously, there should be some limits...

i just want a star fox crew. i want them to be there like it's starfox, experiencing it the way fox experiences dogfights with his teammates.

the more i think about it, the more i realize it will never happen...
You'll have to deal with dongfights instead of dogfights then. Give people cameras and they will Rule 34 it in less than ten minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom