• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Marth needs someone he can be fabulous with :awesome:. The only reason Zant wasn't in was because he wasn't fabulous enough.

Is this troll, can't tell?
No. Seriously anyone think that Falcon will return, or ICs, or G&W. I'm not saying that they shouldn't be, but why would they?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
No. Seriously anyone think that Falcon will return, or ICs, or G&W. I'm not saying that they shouldn't be, but why would they?
Falcon is definitely coming back, he is like the poster boy of Smash Bros. (in the eyes of the community). He is a super unique character and I think one of Sakurai's favorites. Plus, if you remember, there was an interview with Sakurai not too long ago where he talked about aspects of balance in the new Smash. One of the topics he brought up was balancing Falcon's PAWNCH for 4 player and 1v1.

IC were mentioned in an earlier article (albeit being about problems with them on 3ds) so that pretty much guarantees them (pretty sure they solved that problem a while ago, correct me if I'm wrong internet). G&W seems guaranteed too, not just because he's pretty unique, but honestly how hard would it be to put him in the game. He's probably one of the easiest characters to program/create.

Really. I don't see why he get's such a bad rap.
I don't know either, I personally thought he was a funny/cool villain. I guess it's the old "they don't want him because they want someone else" shtick. To me, there doesn't seem to be any reason to actually hate the character himself.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
^^^ Oh look, my third new favorite person! :awesome:

Also, found this picture of Ghirahim and Link parodying the best anime of all time.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Oh gods what's up with his chin?

So, this has probably already been brought up, but apparently Nintendo has to pay royalties for every 3DS to some bozo who copyrighted 3D camera capture AR card technology or something like that. (1.82% of wholesale price)
This is why I foxtrotting hate copyright law, and not only this but Japan taxes everyone a lot, 40% corporate tax not including any of the other junk they have to pay.
It's sad that the Japanese culture teaches every Kindergartner kyoiku (education), kinro (labor), and nouzei (taxes), otherwise the source of their current woes would be quite obvious, their reckless inflationary monetary policy and incredibly high taxes. The culture prevents them from drawing this conclusion, they'd view this explanation as too simple minded, surely the reason is more complex?
Japanese society is having higher and higher instances of insanity, suicide, the like, and recently developed the phenomena of requiring a dual income to support a family, obviously against the traditional familial elements of the Japanese family unit.
This couldn't come at a better time, the Mises institute released two articles by professors about this very topic (one about Japan and the other about Intellectual Property). Fate wanted me to be well-equipped to rage against this menace.

I fear for Nintendo. Well, I fear for all of us, but Nintendo is in truly dire straits with this. If anything brings them under, it won't be their lack of games on the Wii U, it'll be the massive interventionism they face.
Interventionism is the mechanism by which the jealous are appeased in their destruction of capital and the well-being of others through taxation, inflation, and malinvestment.
40% + all the other taxes. I dare you to tell me that things wouldn't be cheaper and better without such an incredibly high rate.

Edit: add insult to injury, it was a federal judge. . . and I stole this from one of the various news articles I was looking at on the topic (Covarr's Polygon user comment): "To be specific, Tomita’s patent is for using cameras to determine the player’s position relative to the display, to determine the correct image to maintain a 3D illusion. The 3DS, on the other hand, assumes a specific position. It does have a 3D rear camera, but that can’t determine the user’s position. They are, in other words, totally different things." Yep, Tomita's a class-A scammer. The abuse of this system highlights its broken nature.
I dunno what exactly to think of this. Maybe because I'm just hearing it here. Not sure how much of a dent this would take out of Nintendo's funds though.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Oh gods what's up with his chin?

I dunno what exactly to think of this. Maybe because I'm just hearing it here. Not sure how much of a dent this would take out of Nintendo's funds though.
Maybe you shouldn't admit that you were looking THAT close at the picture. Lol

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Is anyone else having posting issues as well? Mine wouldn't load at first, then I reloaded the page, it still didn't show up, and so I ended up double posting.....

Anyway, to any mods who happen to see this, can you please delete it?

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
On the plus side, this is like the second (maybe third) time I've ever double posted. (first time triple posting)

What's with the boards right now? I was hoping there wouldn't be any issues like this for a while........

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, either social forums are down or I've been kicked out of all the ones I was in

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I've been 'nginxed' twice now.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Sweet ****ing Palutena! The layout just changed on one refresh! Everything was compressed differently.

NGINX KNOWS ALL! NGINX IS ALL!

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!
I came here as soon as I felt the blast from the Character Discussion Forums, is everyone alright? We need to get the rescue crew out here immediately..........:troll:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
NGINX KNOWS ALL!

HELLO, SMASHBOARDS. I AM SOMETHING BEYOND YOUR UNDERSTANDING. BUT THAT WON'T BE THE SAME FOR LONG. I HAVE TAKEN CAPTAIN HOTCAKES HOSTAGE AND I DEMAND $530.000 WORTH OF NINTENDO eSHOP CREDITS FOR HIS RELEASE.

YOU HAVE UNTIL 4 HOURS UCST (UNIVERSAL COORDINATED SMASHBOARDS TIME) TO MAKE YOUR DECISION. THE PIC OF THE DAY SHALL BE HIS LAST.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
NGINX KNOWS ALL!

HELLO, SMASHBOARDS. I AM SOMETHING BEYOND YOUR UNDERSTANDING. BUT THAT WON'T BE THE SAME FOR LONG. I HAVE TAKEN CAPTAIN HOTCAKES HOSTAGE AND I DEMAND $530.000 WORTH OF NINTENDO eSHOP CREDITS FOR HIS RELEASE.

YOU HAVE UNTIL 4 HOURS UCST (UNIVERSAL COORDINATED SMASHBOARDS TIME) TO MAKE YOUR DECISION. THE PIC OF THE DAY SHALL BE HIS LAST.
I have a nickel...........a buffalo nickel.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
NGINX KNOWS ALL!

Will a quarter do?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
NGINX KNOWS ALL!

gg

Smooth Criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom