• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't like Tharja, I never used her and though I set her up with what I thought would result in the best possible kid I never used her mate or child either

Edit:

Now look at her outfit. I call THAT good design.

Lissa was my favorite designed character in the game

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Btw, having now finished Awakening I can say for certain these are my top five tracks from the game.

1. Fire Emblem: Awakening - Id ~ Purpose [this song gave me so many feels on that final map. My word.]
2. Fire Emblem: Awakening - Don't Speak Her Name!
3. Fire Emblem: Awakening - Conquest
4. Fire Emblem: Awakening - Duty
5. Fire Emblem: Awakening - Old Battlefield

Honorable Mention. Fire Emblem: Awakening - Destiny [sounds slightly similar to the new main theme for Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U in places.]

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I saw Frozen, and while I did like a lot of things about it, I don't think it was better than Tangled

and I found the character of Olaf irritating and useless to the story
I thought the same of him right up to the end. It's obvious that he was a character made to sell plushes but he had one moment of charm at the climax. The scene that irritated me almost to the point of wanting to walk out of theater though was the Troll song. It was completely pointless and made utterly hate the fact the trolls were in the movie to begin with.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought the same of him right up to the end. It's obvious that he was a character made to sell plushes but he had one moment of charm at the climax. The scene that irritated me almost to the point of wanting to walk out of theater though was the Troll song. It was completely pointless and made utterly hate the fact the trolls were in the movie to begin with.
yeah, either their roles should have been minimized, maybe only at the beginning, or expanded. Because they seemed pointless

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yeah, the trolls were kind of unnecessary to the story. The way the "Duke of Southern Isles" (what was his name again?) abruptly became evil after showing no hints of malice initially made it seem as if it was forced.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, the trolls were kind of unnecessary to the story. The way the "Duke of Southern Isles" (what was his name again?) abruptly became evil after showing no hints of malice initially made it seem as if it was forced.
But we gotta show them that love at first sight isn't all it's cracked up to be!

Never thought Disney would do that.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had to go pee right before the prince turned evil, and I came back right as he was finishing telling his evil plan to Anna, so I was extra confused.

But I had a feeling he was going to end up evil anyway

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's called character suicide. It's an act of bad writing when you want your audience to immediately hate one character to overwhelmingly favor another or avoid having a character make a hard decision involving them. Yeah, I thought this was eye rollingly bad myself but overall I thought Frozen was a decent movie though, I will admit, it would have been significantly better if Anna and Elsa had just been combined into one character because Elsa was significantly more interesting.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought the movie did a relatively nice job of making you like one character better without having to hate the other up until that point.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Huh. I actually didn't know it was called a strong side attack. Learn something new every day. Well, that's one less move the Phantom(from ST) could theoretically be, if it's not an AT.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
That god damn Troll song is by far the worst part about the film. Did they need to fill time or something?

Some spoiler stuff just in case regarding FROZEN's villain:

Really? I thought he was pretty damn shady from the start. Frozen seemed to be taking a more realistic feel with romance this time with both Elsa and Kristoff commenting how weird it was that Anna was trying to marry Hanz(that was his name btw).

Although to be fair Disney's parodied it's "We just met, let's get married!" storyline before in Enchanted which might of been a factor for why I was suspicious.

Ironically the moment I stopped suspecting Hanz was secretly up to no good is when he did the reveal.
Cunning ******* saved Elsa from being crossbowed in the face to throw me off his scent. Well played Hanz, well played.

MEANWHILE IN SMASH BROS;

It's nice to see Zelda getting a slight overhaul even if it turns out to be only aesthetically to her moves. The attack looks a lot more powerful this time round.

Can't wait to see what else they've altered with her attacks...and no, I don't just mean regarding Sheik or maaaybe Phantom Zelda.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
So, this has probably already been brought up, but apparently Nintendo has to pay royalties for every 3DS to some bozo who copyrighted 3D camera capture AR card technology or something like that. (1.82% of wholesale price)
This is why I foxtrotting hate copyright law, and not only this but Japan taxes everyone a lot, 40% corporate tax not including any of the other junk they have to pay.
It's sad that the Japanese culture teaches every Kindergartner kyoiku (education), kinro (labor), and nouzei (taxes), otherwise the source of their current woes would be quite obvious, their reckless inflationary monetary policy and incredibly high taxes. The culture prevents them from drawing this conclusion, they'd view this explanation as too simple minded, surely the reason is more complex?
Japanese society is having higher and higher instances of insanity, suicide, the like, and recently developed the phenomena of requiring a dual income to support a family, obviously against the traditional familial elements of the Japanese family unit.
This couldn't come at a better time, the Mises institute released two articles by professors about this very topic (one about Japan and the other about Intellectual Property). Fate wanted me to be well-equipped to rage against this menace.

I fear for Nintendo. Well, I fear for all of us, but Nintendo is in truly dire straits with this. If anything brings them under, it won't be their lack of games on the Wii U, it'll be the massive interventionism they face.
Interventionism is the mechanism by which the jealous are appeased in their destruction of capital and the well-being of others through taxation, inflation, and malinvestment.
40% + all the other taxes. I dare you to tell me that things wouldn't be cheaper and better without such an incredibly high rate.

Edit: add insult to injury, it was a federal judge. . . and I stole this from one of the various news articles I was looking at on the topic (Covarr's Polygon user comment): "To be specific, Tomita’s patent is for using cameras to determine the player’s position relative to the display, to determine the correct image to maintain a 3D illusion. The 3DS, on the other hand, assumes a specific position. It does have a 3D rear camera, but that can’t determine the user’s position. They are, in other words, totally different things." Yep, Tomita's a class-A scammer. The abuse of this system highlights its broken nature.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
One thing to note is that although the Judge did go to the side of patents, he also severely lowered the price.

And yeah, patent trolling is really freakin' annoying. I would've been less annoyed if they had to use a Jury to decide it, and the Judge simply lowered the price because it was way too high.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
To be honest I think they get lik 1 dollar for every 3DS sold. It's a big blow but nothing fear worthy LOL
This combined with everything else makes me mad, at least. I fear if not for the accumulated effects but for the future. Also you should totally read Human Action by Mises because reasons.
One thing to note is that although the Judge did go to the side of patents, he also severely lowered the price.
And yeah, patent trolling is really freakin' annoying. I would've been less annoyed if they had to use a Jury to decide it, and the Judge simply lowered the price because it was way too high.
True that he lowered the previous rate. They were about to pay 30 million before where now they only have to pay 15 million for the previous 3DS sales. . .
Though, my hope is that the jury would nullify such a claim. Did you know juries literally have the power to disregard the law? The intention was to have the ability for the people disregard unjust laws, being the last line of defense. It was routinely done for slaves who came to the north during the civil war, the jury refused to convict them of the agreement between the north and the south and just ruled not guilty to let them go. We still have this ability, it's simply suppressed by the judge's and the lawyer's powers and not well known.
Useless trivia, but it makes me feel hopeful just knowing it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
True that he lowered the previous rate. They were about to pay 30 million before where now they only have to pay 15 million for the previous 3DS sales. . .
Though, my hope is that the jury would nullify such a claim. Did you know juries literally have the power to disregard the law? The intention was to have the ability for the people disregard unjust laws, being the last line of defense. It was routinely done for slaves who came to the north during the civil war, the jury refused to convict them of the agreement between the north and the south and just ruled not guilty to let them go. We still have this ability, it's simply suppressed by the judge's and the lawyer's powers and not well known.
Useless trivia, but it makes me feel hopeful just knowing it.
There was no Jury, keep in mind. Another thing to note, is he lowered it because he doesn't want the other Company to actually earn more than they deserve. The 3DS will start costing less, so...

I wish he ruled it in favor of Nintendo, mind you. They're already losing enough cash as is and doing poorly. This only makes them do worse. And Microsoft's already in extremely poor form money-wise, and the only chance they have at coming back is releasing a new Windows that isn't trash. Cause the Xbox One isn't going to be enough.

And yeah, that makes sense. The Jury's decision can entirely be something the law would blatantly not allow. This is because the idea behind it is that they are trying to be as fair as possible while taking everything into account, not just "it's against the law, so yeah". Evidence, morals, and whatever else. It doesn't work always, but that's a democracy problem as is. And we know that "one guy rules all" is just as bad.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
There was no Jury, keep in mind. Another thing to note, is he lowered it because he doesn't want the other Company to actually earn more than they deserve. The 3DS will start costing less, so... . . .
I know there was no jury, I was just going with your comment about it being less annoying if a jury decided. :p
Gosh dang federal judges :c

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know there was no jury, I was just going with your comment about it being less annoying if a jury decided. :p
Gosh dang federal judges :c
The article was vague anyway. It's possible Nintendo's design was that close. But that Judge, as said, didn't want to cost Nintendo money in an unfair way. I think there's more to it than the article says, though.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
I want Ghirahim! His entire moveset is in Skyward Sword. Gimme Ghirahim. He's awesome, please no one say what all the haters say about him, he's not. He's just dramatic, and awesome, that is all.

Morbi

Scavenger
So, this has probably already been brought up, but apparently Nintendo has to pay royalties for every 3DS to some bozo who copyrighted 3D camera capture AR card technology or something like that. (1.82% of wholesale price)
This is why I foxtrotting hate copyright law, and not only this but Japan taxes everyone a lot, 40% corporate tax not including any of the other junk they have to pay.
It's sad that the Japanese culture teaches every Kindergartner kyoiku (education), kinro (labor), and nouzei (taxes), otherwise the source of their current woes would be quite obvious, their reckless inflationary monetary policy and incredibly high taxes. The culture prevents them from drawing this conclusion, they'd view this explanation as too simple minded, surely the reason is more complex?
Japanese society is having higher and higher instances of insanity, suicide, the like, and recently developed the phenomena of requiring a dual income to support a family, obviously against the traditional familial elements of the Japanese family unit.
This couldn't come at a better time, the Mises institute released two articles by professors about this very topic (one about Japan and the other about Intellectual Property). Fate wanted me to be well-equipped to rage against this menace.

I fear for Nintendo. Well, I fear for all of us, but Nintendo is in truly dire straits with this. If anything brings them under, it won't be their lack of games on the Wii U, it'll be the massive interventionism they face.
Interventionism is the mechanism by which the jealous are appeased in their destruction of capital and the well-being of others through taxation, inflation, and malinvestment.
40% + all the other taxes. I dare you to tell me that things wouldn't be cheaper and better without such an incredibly high rate.

Edit: add insult to injury, it was a federal judge. . . and I stole this from one of the various news articles I was looking at on the topic (Covarr's Polygon user comment): "To be specific, Tomita’s patent is for using cameras to determine the player’s position relative to the display, to determine the correct image to maintain a 3D illusion. The 3DS, on the other hand, assumes a specific position. It does have a 3D rear camera, but that can’t determine the user’s position. They are, in other words, totally different things." Yep, Tomita's a class-A scammer. The abuse of this system highlights its broken nature.
This is why I love America. ;):p:smirk:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I want Ghirahim! His entire moveset is in Skyward Sword. Gimme Ghirahim. He's awesome, please no one say what all the haters say about him, he's not. He's just dramatic, and awesome, that is all.
I want him in too, he's awesome lol. He just has so much trolling potential :awesome:.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So.....Square Enix published a book sequel to Final Fantasy 10-2

Tidus kicked a blitz ball and explodes/he died. Best opening to a story ever. After that the book is a terrible fanfic.

It's real, by the by.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I want him in too, he's awesome lol. He just has so much trolling potential :awesome:.
Both of you are now my two favorite posters.

D

Deleted member

I have a hard time seeing Ghirahim in, just considering Zant didn't get in Brawl, and I doubt we'll see him again.

Plus, we already have Marth, just saying :smirk:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Both of you are now my two favorite posters.

image.jpg

Because I'm your favorite poster.
I actually sent an email to Nintendo asking them to put them in. They fed me the "Namco and Nintendo are working their hardest to bring you a wonderful" blah blah blah. Honestly, for a while, Sakuri said he was open to suggestions, he should have just gone here.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I have a hard time seeing Ghirahim in, just considering Zant didn't get in Brawl, and I doubt we'll see him again.

Plus, we already have Marth, just saying :smirk:
Marth needs someone he can be fabulous with :awesome:. The only reason Zant wasn't in was because he wasn't fabulous enough.

Captain Falcon and Ghirahim: Awesome together. Seriously anyone think that FALCON'S going to make it a forth time? It was a miracle that he made it to Melee and Brawl but again?! Not happening.
Is this troll, can't tell?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
So.....Square Enix published a book sequel to Final Fantasy 10-2

Tidus kicked a blitz ball and explodes/he died. Best opening to a story ever. After that the book is a terrible fanfic.

It's real, by the by.
O_o

You know after All the Bravest I getting the feeling Square is trying to kill off FF like Capcom with Megaman.

also, I is back for a bits. and I luuuvs the Rosetta in Smash.

D

Deleted member

In order to be "fabulous", you have to be a pretty boy or manly man (fabulous bears).
Not ugly man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom