• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I want to say Farewell, Beloved Falco is canon too.
That's indeed canon. It was published with Japanese copies of Star Fox Adventures in order to explain the events between Star Fox 64 and Star Fox Adventures. It's mainly there to make the factor of Falco being missing through out Star Fox Adventure justified.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'll main Miss Fit if I hear enough people still complaining about her being in the game.
Or use her for just plain trolling.

"Let's tone up those legs." "Let's try it together." "Do you even fitness?"

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Getting a little irritated: SmashBoards is every time not remembering that I logged in on my computer, even if I set it so keep me logged on. Don't have this problem on my 3DS or Wii U browsers. Anyone else having this problem?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I main random in every single game. Funnily enough, Samus just happens to be my favorite/best in most cases. DK is there for 64 because I enjoy his noises.

Edit: I actually have the same exact problem, Wario Bros. For the past week or so I've had to browse via Xbox or 3DS.

D

Deleted member

I've decided to raise the stakes for myself.

I am going to put my reputation on the line to say this.

Ridley will be playable in Super Smash Bros. 3DS & Wii U

I pick Ridley for the character I risk my reputation on for various reasons (aside from the fact that I feel like taking a risk).

One is that Ridley has been one of the most prominent characters in discussions for potential SSB characters; he has been a popular request ever since pre-Melee and has been among the most wanted since pre-Brawl. Now the fourth most wanted character (counting the already confirmed Mega Man), Ridley has been a big part of the SSB speculation scene for a long time. After all, R.I.D.L.E.Y. is one of the most notorious groups of Smash fan bases that had ever been created and Ridley is a very heated topic himself to this day. We haven't achieved 13K+ posts for no reason, y'know?

Secondly, it is because I believe that Ridley will be playable in the game. While he's not Mewtwo-level of super obvious shoe-in, I feel confident enough that with all the things going for Ridley, that Sakurai will finally make him playable in this game. It has been a long wait for Ridley supporters, but I think that it will finally come to an end on a good note and since I believe that it is now or never for Ridley, I feel that a risky bet is worth it. Beside, I've always seen Ridley as more likely than Mega Man and he's in, so why not?

If I am wrong, I will reveal a very dark secret that will shock everyone. The only hint that I will give is that it is not Ridley or Pikmin-related. Otherwise, I am keeping you entirely in the dark here. I am not afraid to tell it should Ridley be disconfirmed (the only condition is that Ridley is not playable in SSB 3DS & Wii U). If Ridley is in as a playable character, I will come back to celebrate with all of you when the longest fight for a character is finally over.

And with this I fly away from Smashboards. It has been fantastic (if sometimes frustrating) to be part of this forum and one that I will never forget going into the future. This will be my last post on this forum until we learn of Ridley's fate. For now, I have other things I wish to accomplish in my life and for the moment, it is time to put video game forums behind. So, might as well leave with an interesting post.

Make sure to hold me to this. By that I mean if I were to somehow come back, remind me of this post and I will again leave. And if Ridley does get disconfirmed, make sure to remind me of what I will reveal on that faithful day.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
So guys, let's talk mains, and I don't mean just the one character you main, I mean which group of characters are your favorite in each game. My list has grown with each game, and I haven't dropped a character yet. They aren't in any specific order, I just tried to arrange them with a nice aesthetic, though Ness is my #1 main.
Smash 64 Mains
:ness64::kirby64::falcon64:
Melee Mains
:nessmelee::gawmelee::kirbymelee::linkmelee::falconmelee:
Brawl Mains
:ness2::olimar::gw::metaknight::kirby2::dedede::snake::link2::falcon:
Hypothetical SSB4 Mains
:ness2::olimar::gw:
:metaknight::kirby2::dedede::snake:
:link2::falcon:
For SSB4, the only worry I have is Snake, while I'm confident that he will return, he is still a third party and has a possibility not to. As for the shown newcomers, both Villager and Mega Man seem to have unique movesets, so I've gone with them for now. King K. Rool and Krystal are my two hopeful choices for mains. Though of course, I can't fully pick a main until the game comes out and I try it, Sakurai might even add another character I never saw coming and I may end up maining it.

So how about everyone else? You don't have to use the same format as me, you can pick whatever number for each game you like, however you want them.
Brawl Mains::marth: :toonlink: :ness2:

Hypothetical SSB4 mains:
:marth: :rosalina: :toonlink: :samus2: :sonic: :fox: (not sure about those last 3 though)

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
For those of you thinking about learning Rosalina. Good luck because you're going to need it. The puppeteer archetype is one of the hardest fighting game archetypes to learn. Others include movement heavy characters and to a certain extent, grapplers.
I'm just counting on the uniqueness factor to throw my brother off, he has a really hard time with adapting to fight abnormal characters. darn repetitive spot dodging

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I found this

LOL, I was the extremely casual leader of the Porygon-Z for Brawl thread here all those years ago. Looks like the guy still has some Smash influence

James92

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jgrim92
Smash 64 Mains
:pikachu64: :mario64: :link64:
Melee Mains
:drmario: :pikachumelee: :zeldamelee: :sheikmelee: :pichumelee:
Brawl Mains
:zeldamelee: :sheik: :pikachu2: :sonic: :snake: :pit:
Hypothetical SSB4 Mains
:zeldamelee: :sheik: :pikachu2: :sonic: :snake: :pit:
(as well as Wii Fit Trainer and the characters in my sig)

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I know. I just named the ones I love.<3
*looks back at post* Good you mentioned Viridi.

I found this

LOL, I was the extremely casual leader of the Porygon-Z for Brawl thread here all those years ago. Looks like the guy still has some Smash influence
I wouldn't mind. I like Porygon-2 better then Z but he's pretty cool as well.
Getting a little irritated: SmashBoards is every time not remembering that I logged in on my computer, even if I set it so keep me logged on. Don't have this problem on my 3DS or Wii U browsers. Anyone else having this problem?
Yes I'm having this problem as well.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Porygon 2 doesn't spaz the **** out

Porygon-Z is much cooler

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
We are already talking about our SSB4 mains when we haven't even played the game yet...?

Well, my mains might change in SSB4 or they might not... it really depends on how I feel about the characters' movesets and playstyles... gotta experiment by playing the game first. :awesome:

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
So guys... he said they're planning to release the game sometime in 2014, does that mean there's no Melee styled adventure mode? :urg:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So guys... he said they're planning to release the game sometime in 2014, does that mean there's no Melee styled adventure mode? :urg:
Sakurai didn't say that... I think he said they are not gonna put in a Brawl style adventure mode... but I don't think that rules out a Melee style adventure mode just yet.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's more nostalgia reason. Seeing Porygon-2's animation in Pokemon Stadium 2 was just so funny and memorable. Wish they brought that water bird animation back...
I never had pokemon stadium 2. It was unpopular to like pokemon shortly after gold and silver were released so I didn't play the game again untl gen 4

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I never had pokemon stadium 2. It was unpopular to like pokemon shortly after gold and silver were released so I didn't play the game again untl gen 4
I actually never had the gen 1 and 2 gameboy games. I just happen to get pokemon stadium 2. My first real pokemon game was Emerald. I grew up with gen 3.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@ Oniric Spriter Oniric Spriter : Melee took around a year and a half, I think.

Smash 4's been in development for around 2 years now, I'm pretty sure.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You're a Kid Icarus mega fan, and yet you aren't a Pitoo lover/ shipper like everyone else?

Heretic
Sorry, but there's something about dark versions of characters that often rub me off the wrong way. Then again, many Nintendo characters have had such dark (not always dark) doppelgangers one way or another. Shadow/Cosmic Mario for Mario in which the former was just Bowser Jr in disguise, no explanation needed for Link, Bowser for a brief bit in BiS, Samus somewhere that I can't remember, Pittoo for Pit, and probably a few more I forgot. I know that the dark versions are often supposed to be the more Bad-A versions of the original, and it's not that I dislike him. He's okay, but I just like regular Pit better. That's just my opinion. Plus sometimes darker versions of characters get more love than the original anyways (take example dark costumes of characters often being more used than the original, which is irrelevant).

*looks back at post* Good you mentioned Viridi.
Why not? I've grown to like her quite a bit as well.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Oh... ok, wow, I thought he was "rushing" the game a bit. Now I'm ok with it. Thank you.
Along with Psycho said, it also depends on the priorities for this game. It appears this game is focusing more on the core of the game than the bells and whistles. I think we'll see more quality and less quality overall.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Man, you missed out on some good stuff then. I fought dah powah as an underground fan and bought & thoroughly enjoyed Stadium 2 (around as much as the first one) in addition to gen 3. Gen 4 be a terrible time to get back into the series IMO. At least gens 5 and 6 made up for it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Man, you missed out on some good stuff then. I fought dah powah as an underground fan and bought & thoroughly enjoyed Stadium 2 (around as much as the first one) in addition to gen 3. Gen 4 be a terrible time to get back into the series IMO. At least gens 5 and 6 made up for it.
I liked gen 4

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Since you missed out on gen 3 I can understand liking gen 4 more than me at least. Different strokes and all that.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I guess at the time all I had to compare it to was gen 1 and 2, and it didn't seem as slow to me, as people seem to think it is

Apparently gen 3 was on speed or something.

I have played gen 3 and I didn't notice a difference with the speed.

Though I didn't realize how slow the surfing was until I got platinum

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Gen III is way faster than Gen IV(well, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, that is). HG/SS weren't slow as hell, which is nice.

The one key thing Gen IV brought to the table was the updated mechanics for the Attack/Special Attack split(and I think Defense/Special Defense too?). This was outright necessary. I wasn't impressed by the Gen as a whole, but they did help the series get better. And I like a lot of ideas, but found the way they applied stuff decent at best beyond that split.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom