• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Saria CONFIRMED!!!!

ahemm... i mean, trophies are confirmed... mnyessszz

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Today's update was nice. I used to ship Link and Saria, which makes it better. :p

The Hype Train will move full steam ahead.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So having an emphasis on countering in order to gain an edge, not simply just having a counter but having many forms of counters that each have their own purpose.

I also had an idea suggested about having an occasional vision signified by glowing blue eyes, which basically causes the next block or dodge to gain a buff in effectiveness (like longer invincibility frames) and gain more utilities, like being able to cancel the block/dodge with an attack as a potent way to stop tech chasing and shield pressuring.
Hmm...

Shulk could potentially also be a mixup god. In a meta sense, you predict what will happen and reflect that prediction with She-Hulk.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Dude, trophies!

I hope the pic of the day here on out is still mostly gameplay though. I feel like after the Rosalina reveal things are gonna pick up the pace and we'll get more info on the game/roster.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know, I heard so much about Shin Megami Tensei that I was willing to give the game a chance.

Then I heard about the character Diana

Obviously I haven't heard enough about the series. WTF game? WTF?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nice to see trophies again. And I'm not all that surprised that they are getting the same treatment as stages (console stuff on Wii U, handheld stuff on 3DS). Let's hope there's a very large variety on both systems.

64: Mario, Link, Fox, Captain Falcon

Melee: Fox, Falco, Mario, Link, Captain Falcon, Marth, Roy, Ganondorf, Young Link, Peach, Jigglypuff, Dr.Mario, Sheik, Bowser, Samus, Luigi

Brawl: Everyone except ROB

SSB4: Marth, Mario, Link, Fox, Pit, Bowser, Samus, Peach, Wii Fit Trainer (Female only), Kirby, DK, Sonic, Rosalina.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently, the manga for Metroid is canon.

It was mentioned in an interview with one of the creators of Metroid Other M

Edit: I wonder if OTHER Nintendo manga is canon

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm pretty sure all the Zelda ones were entirely made as an alternate telling of each one(and specifically non-canon interpretations). But I can't say for anything else.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The only SMT series I know is Persona.

Is that a bad thing?
Not really. It's the only one that matters at this point.

Or the only one Atlus and the majority of anyone else cares about, anyway.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Beefing them up? More last minute semi-clones added only to beef the roster confirmed. :troll:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

I want to say Farewell, Beloved Falco is canon too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So guys, let's talk mains, and I don't mean just the one character you main, I mean which group of characters are your favorite in each game. My list has grown with each game, and I haven't dropped a character yet. They aren't in any specific order, I just tried to arrange them with a nice aesthetic, though Ness is my #1 main.
Smash 64 Mains
:ness64::kirby64::falcon64:
Melee Mains
:nessmelee::gawmelee::kirbymelee::linkmelee::falconmelee:
Brawl Mains
:ness2::olimar::gw::metaknight::kirby2::dedede::snake::link2::falcon:
Hypothetical SSB4 Mains
:ness2::olimar::gw:
:metaknight::kirby2::dedede::snake:
:link2::falcon:
For SSB4, the only worry I have is Snake, while I'm confident that he will return, he is still a third party and has a possibility not to. As for the shown newcomers, both Villager and Mega Man seem to have unique movesets, so I've gone with them for now. King K. Rool and Krystal are my two hopeful choices for mains. Though of course, I can't fully pick a main until the game comes out and I try it, Sakurai might even add another character I never saw coming and I may end up maining it.

So how about everyone else? You don't have to use the same format as me, you can pick whatever number for each game you like, however you want them.
Smash 64 Mains
:dk64::pikachu64:
Melee Mains
:dkmelee::mewtwomelee:---:ganondorfmelee::sheikmelee::mariomelee::marthmelee::jigglypuffmelee::samusmelee::yoshimelee:
Brawl Mains
:diddy:---:dk2:---:ike::marth::pikachu2::ness2::link2::sheik::ganondorf::samus2::charizard::yoshi2:
Hypothetical SSB4 Mains
:diddy:---:dk2:
:mewtwopm:
---:ike::marth::ness2::link2::samus2::pikachu2::toonlink::ganondorf::rosalina:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So guys, let's talk mains, and I don't mean just the one character you main, I mean which group of characters are your favorite in each game. My list has grown with each game, and I haven't dropped a character yet. They aren't in any specific order, I just tried to arrange them with a nice aesthetic, though Ness is my #1 main.
Smash 64 Mains
:ness64::kirby64::falcon64:
Melee Mains
:nessmelee::gawmelee::kirbymelee::linkmelee::falconmelee:
Brawl Mains
:ness2::olimar::gw::metaknight::kirby2::dedede::snake::link2::falcon:
Hypothetical SSB4 Mains
:ness2::olimar::gw:
:metaknight::kirby2::dedede::snake:
:link2::falcon:
For SSB4, the only worry I have is Snake, while I'm confident that he will return, he is still a third party and has a possibility not to. As for the shown newcomers, both Villager and Mega Man seem to have unique movesets, so I've gone with them for now. King K. Rool and Krystal are my two hopeful choices for mains. Though of course, I can't fully pick a main until the game comes out and I try it, Sakurai might even add another character I never saw coming and I may end up maining it.

So how about everyone else? You don't have to use the same format as me, you can pick whatever number for each game you like, however you want them.

Smash 64
Technically didn't have any, although most commonly used was: :dk64:

Melee
:bowsermelee::pichumelee::mewtwomelee::zeldamelee:

Brawl
:pit::bowser2:

Hypothetical SSB4
:pit::bowser2::rosalina:*insert Palutena here*
I'm not certain about Rosalina just yet. Should Palutena be playable, she'll definitely have higher priority than her, but the one thing that I worry bout is reliving a problem I had in brawl, where I tried plenty of characters, but most didn't work out for me, or I despised them. The 2 characters listed in Brawl were the only ones that stood with me from the beginning. When SSB4 does arrive, chances are I may experiment with characters I may have interest in and see which ones work out for me. Part of me thinks I won't be able to work well with using Rosalina, but we'll see.

BTW, where did you find that cute KIU thing on your sig with Pit, Palutena, Viridi, and Phosphora on it? I love it! <3

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
For those of you thinking about learning Rosalina. Good luck because you're going to need it. The puppeteer archetype is one of the hardest fighting game archetypes to learn. Others include movement heavy characters and to a certain extent, grapplers.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

When was this interview? Regardless, cool. Guess now people can't say Ridley hasn't had any personality in canon. :troll: Srsly, his manga persona was as badass and sadistic as they come.

For those of you thinking about learning Rosalina. Good luck because you're going to need it. The puppeteer archetype is one of the hardest fighting game archetypes to learn. Others include movement heavy characters and to a certain extent, grapplers.
I'm used to learning some of the harder to use characters from my experience with Smash or fighters in general, so it won't be anything too new for me, but I get what you're saying, and agree. It's all the more satisfying though when you've finally mastered one of those difficult characters to a certain degree, compared to picking one of those characters that almost anyone can get good with from the get-go.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Smash 64: Yoshi, Kirby, Ness

Melee: Dr. Mario, Jigglypuff, Samus, Ice Climbers, DK, Pichu, Game and Watch

Brawl: ROB, Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, DK, Bowser, Kirby, Dedede, Jigglypuff, Ivysaur, Lucas

Hypothetical Smash 4 Mains: Bowser, DK, Ice Climbers, ROB, Game and Watch, Jigglypuff, (maybe) Pit, Villager, MegaMan, and maybe a couple more newcomers

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm not sure who I might main in Smash 4. I'll have to experiment around, but I'm liking Miss Fit so far.

vicgur

Smash Ace
I main characters that are fun to play.
I can't decide which one I'll main just by looking at them. I need to try them a little, first.

But my mains were as follows:
64: Didn't play much, but Kirby.
Melee: Link and Samus.
Brawl: Snake and Toon Link.

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
I have been thinking a lot about online what do we have in brawl anyone mode and a friends mode what do we need to improve on though besides the crappy conections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom