• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I seriously want to see R.O.B transform into a Megazord/Gundam made up of all the existing Nintendo consoles.
Much better than the annoying and boring Diffusion Beam. Why didn't Sakurai did think of him reenacting the game Gyromite (complete with the annoying green lizards moving around) for his Final Smash?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I still feel bad for Starfy supporters after he turned out to be an AT again. (personally I wasn't really a Starfy supporter, but I didn't oppose his inclusion either)

Also, new sig.

That aside, any predictions for today's pic?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I mostly just feel bad for the fans on the verdict that Starfy was deconfirmed on Christmas day.

Like I said earlier, any update that sheds more light on the status or function of the Phantom Knight would be nice still. Don't really have predictions though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to see Frozen tomorrow, so it better be as good as you people are hyping it up to be

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So guys, let's talk mains, and I don't mean just the one character you main, I mean which group of characters are your favorite in each game. My list has grown with each game, and I haven't dropped a character yet. They aren't in any specific order, I just tried to arrange them with a nice aesthetic, though Ness is my #1 main.
Smash 64 Mains
:ness64::kirby64::falcon64:
Melee Mains
:nessmelee::gawmelee::kirbymelee::linkmelee::falconmelee:
Brawl Mains
:ness2::olimar::gw::metaknight::kirby2::dedede::snake::link2::falcon:
Hypothetical SSB4 Mains
:ness2::olimar::gw:
:metaknight::kirby2::dedede::snake:
:link2::falcon:
For SSB4, the only worry I have is Snake, while I'm confident that he will return, he is still a third party and has a possibility not to. As for the shown newcomers, both Villager and Mega Man seem to have unique movesets, so I've gone with them for now. King K. Rool and Krystal are my two hopeful choices for mains. Though of course, I can't fully pick a main until the game comes out and I try it, Sakurai might even add another character I never saw coming and I may end up maining it.

So how about everyone else? You don't have to use the same format as me, you can pick whatever number for each game you like, however you want them.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I used DK is Smash 64, Sheik, Samus and Mewtwo in melee, Dedede and ROB in Brawl

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
So guys, let's talk mains, and I don't mean just the one character you main, I mean which group of characters are your favorite in each game. My list has grown with each game, and I haven't dropped a character yet. They aren't in any specific order, I just tried to arrange them with a nice aesthetic, though Ness is my #1 main.
Smash 64 Mains
:ness64::kirby64::falcon64:
Melee Mains
:nessmelee::gawmelee::kirbymelee::linkmelee::falconmelee:
Brawl Mains
:ness2::olimar::gw::metaknight::kirby2::dedede::snake::link2::falcon:
Hypothetical SSB4 Mains
:ness2::olimar::gw:
:metaknight::kirby2::dedede::snake:
:link2::falcon:
For SSB4, the only worry I have is Snake, while I'm confident that he will return, he is still a third party and has a possibility not to. As for the shown newcomers, both Villager and Mega Man seem to have unique movesets, so I've gone with them for now. King K. Rool and Krystal are my two hopeful choices for mains. Though of course, I can't fully pick a main until the game comes out and I try it, Sakurai might even add another character I never saw coming and I may end up maining it.

So how about everyone else? You don't have to use the same format as me, you can pick whatever number for each game you like, however you want them.
Where's the Happy Mask Salesman? I'd expect to see him in your hypothetical SSB4 mains.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
pshh! i didn't hype up frozen!... >_>

anyways, i main... playing the game in 64.
i main Peach in melee, and peach in brawl... and peach in Project M... and peach in Smash 4.

oh... didn't read... hold on...

64.:samus64::link64:
melee.:samusmelee::peachmelee::roymelee:
brawl.:peach::zerosuitsamus::ivysaur::ganondorf::yoshi2::wolf:
P:M. :peachmelee::roymelee::lucario:
4.:rosalina::peach::samus2::wiifittrainer:​

Last edited:

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
Haven't played 64,
Melee - Roy, Marth and Captain Falcon
Brawl - Ike, Olimar, Wario and Toon Link
SSB4 - Samus, Olimar, Toon Link and Marth

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux

64: Kirby, Ness, Link, Samus, Fox, Captain Falcon, Mario, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Yoshi, Luigi, DK (that's right I picked up all 12)

Melee: Kirby, Marth, Ice climbers, Captain falcon, Jigglypuff, Samus, Link, Ness, Roy, Dr. Mario, Shiek, Fox

Brawl: Kirby, Metaknight, Marth, ZZS, Pit, Ness, Lucario, Sonic, Wolf, Captain falcon, Link, Ice climbers

PM: Kirby, Metaknight, Roy(lyn), pretty much the same as brawl but if some clone engine characters were added it would replace some maybe, but for now its the
same except Roy/Marth (lyn?) are 3rd.

SSB4: Kirby, Metaknight, Lyn (hypo), Krystal (hypo), Palutena (hypo), Villager, Megaman, Sonic, Ness, the rest is up in the air i'm gonna need more time to decide on the final 3. (Maybe takamaru and shulk and possibly bandanna dee.)

I main 12 each smash and try to perfect myself with all 12 mains in honor of 64, though i'm the most dangerous with kirby or a secondary.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Like Waluigi?

:troll:
More like Sheik :troll:.

I've been playing Xenoblade lately and I"m really liking it, and it's a rather challenging game. I find myself thinking with an English accent after playing.
@ FlareHabanero FlareHabanero I support Shulk fully now. I really want to see what can be done with the ability to "see" into the future implemented in a fighting game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mario/Falcon in 64. Sheik/Luigi/Falcon/Ganondorf in Melee. None in Brawl. I just... avoid playing as MK.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
@ FlareHabanero FlareHabanero I support Shulk fully now. I really want to see what can be done with the ability to "see" into the future implemented in a fighting game.
The ultimate question is how such an idea would be implemented in Super Smash Bros., and what you can do to utilize it's fullest potential. Because obviously it's going to very difficult to emulate the vision mechanic exactly between Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Smash Bros., due to the different styles of gameplay.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The ultimate question is how such an idea would be implemented in Super Smash Bros., and what you can do to utilize it's fullest potential. Because obviously it's going to very difficult to emulate the vision mechanic exactly between Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Smash Bros., due to the different styles of gameplay.
Here's one possible way: Counters. Do you remember Manly's moveset for Lyn a while back?
http://smashboards.com/threads/緑天龍-...ems-green-haired-lethal-beauty-lyndis.329084/

One move he suggested was this very deep Counter move that gave you a number of potential followups on hit. Perhaps this could be his schtick in terms of specials.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd say Yoshi and Olimar are your best characters in Brawl, Moon.

As for my mains, Kirby was my first main in Melee. I took quite the liking to him, so I was pleased to see his significant role in te SSE in Brawl.

Even after I found out how low he is on the Melee Tier List I still use him. I also use Jigglypuff, Marth and Mewtwo a lot now.

In Brawl my main is King Dedede. First off, I played through the SSE and enjoyed every single cutscene he was in. And I absolutely loved his moveset, especially his oversized hammer. He's definitely going to be one of my mains in SSB4 too.

I was also surprised, but overjoyed to see the version of Link from my favorite Zelda game (the Wind Waker) in Brawl, so he became one of my mains in an instant.
Can't forget my other Brawl mains. (Samus, Jigglypuff, Kirby, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Bowser, Fox and Falco)

So for SSB4, I'm definitely maining King Dedede again, along with the new and improved Bowser. I plan to main Villager as well, and I also plan to main Ridley and K. Rool if they get in. Rosalina is probably going to be one of my mains too.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
why is there a :rosalina: but no :wiifittrainer:? is there even a :megaman:? ohh HOHOHO!!! there is no :megaman: ???

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I suck at everyone in Smash compared to most people, so my "mains" are characters I'm just good with and who I find fun to play as.

Kirby is my favorite in Smash 64 because he's cheap. I used to love hitting CPUs off the stage with the side air drill kick and then spiking them down with the down air drill kick.

I played Ganondorf a lot in Melee in the past, even though I sucked as him. Game & Watch is also a character I play as often. His forward air (a block from Mario's Cement Factory) is fun to use when it sweetspots. Love the satisfying "smack" sound in that game. Wish it came back in SSB4.

Wario, Olimar, and Snake are my favorites in Brawl. I prefer Lucas over Ness.

Also, I like the Whitney avatar, KoP47.

why is there a :rosalina: but no :wiifittrainer:? is there even a :megaman:? ohh HOHOHO!!! there is no :megaman: ???
It's funny because that icon was there long before Rosalina was revealed for Smash.

----

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Here's one possible way: Counters. Do you remember Manly's moveset for Lyn a while back?
http://smashboards.com/threads/緑天龍-green-heavenly-dragon-fire-emblems-green-haired-lethal-beauty-lyndis.329084/

One move he suggested was this very deep Counter move that gave you a number of potential followups on hit. Perhaps this could be his schtick in terms of specials.
So having an emphasis on countering in order to gain an edge, not simply just having a counter but having many forms of counters that each have their own purpose.

I also had an idea suggested about having an occasional vision signified by glowing blue eyes, which basically causes the next block or dodge to gain a buff in effectiveness (like longer invincibility frames) and gain more utilities, like being able to cancel the block/dodge with an attack as a potent way to stop tech chasing and shield pressuring.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
that's lame...

so... sakurai... you lurking? 'scuse me... あなたが潜んでいる?my google translate is rusty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom