• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I don't mind less quantity as long as it mean better quality. I don't play Super Smash Bros. for the Masterpieces (aka Pieces of ****), or the SSE, I want a really great multiplayer.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That couldn't be more un-American if you tried. MORE IS BETTER.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I didn't mind the Masterpieces, but I hate that they have time limits. Why bother to put the game if we can't play through it?
Though they could put in the original Smash Bros as an unlockable...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I didn't mind the Masterpieces, but I hate that they have time limits. Why bother to put the game if we can't play through it?
Though they could put in the original Smash Bros as an unlockable...
What for? Why would Nintendo do that when they can make money by selling it on Wii U eShop?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
They are demos... they were intended to get you interested in those games so you would buy them on Wii Shop.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
They are demos... they were intended to get you interested in those games so you would buy them on Wii Shop.
It makes me wonder if they originally planned to put in the full games but then did only demos because of the goofy amount of data space the SSE cutscenes took. Of course, I doubt Nintendo would want to give out "free games" either but it would definitely be a nice feature.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It makes me wonder if they originally planned to put in the full games but then did only demos because of the goofy amount of data space the SSE cutscenes took. Of course, I doubt Nintendo would want to give out "free games" either but it would definitely be a nice feature.
They are full games. Or at least some of them are. They just have time limits on them. Hacking removed the time limit on 'em. I do not know if all were confirmed to be full versions.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So is the trophy a direct rip? Or do you think the Wii U version will be HD looking?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think that the Masterpieces could be better handled if they were actually demos instead of full games with time limits... for example...

Super Mario Bros. could let you play only on World 1... that includes 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, and 1-4... and once you defeat Bowser in world 1, Toad would thank you but his princess is in the full game.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I think that the Masterpieces could be better handled if they were actually demos instead of full games with time limits... for example...

Super Mario Bros. could let you play only on World 1... that includes 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, and 1-4... and once you defeat Bowser in world 1, Toad would thank you but his princess is in the full game.
What happens if you get to the warp zone?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So is the trophy a direct rip? Or do you think the Wii U version will be HD looking?
Oh look! It's Kawaii Booty Boy!

This is definitely a direct rip of Saria from OoT 3D. I'm hoping this is not a repeat of Brawl's trophy selection which was entirely model rips. I'd be fine with specially made trophies for the game along with the direct rip trophies.

Where'd you find that footage of the live action movie?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ugh, I can only imagine what the reaction will be for the eventual Tharja trophy...

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I finished watching Attack on Titan about two weeks ago in one day...

****ing amazing. Can't help but feel the author is clearly trying to trigger an emotional response to his readers/viewers and it's working. I can only speak for myself though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh look! It's Kawaii Booty Boy!

This is definitely a direct rip of Saria from OoT 3D. I'm hoping this is not a repeat of Brawl's trophy selection which was entirely model rips. I'd be fine with specially made trophies for the game along with the direct rip trophies.

Where'd you find that footage of the live action movie?
They probably will mostly be model rips. I think they're probably the lowest priority. You've got gameplay balance, fleshing out characters and their combo possibilities, items and how they work, each Assist Trophy/Poke Ball summon, courses... Choosing what trophies to put in is much like the music, except the music needs to be rendered properly otherwise people will get headaches or it could sound scratchy. If a character model doesn't look beyond perfect, I'm pretty sure people will complain less in the long run compared to gameplay issues. I.E. Unbalance, stages killing you way more than any computer, stuff like that.

I would love if they gave us updated models too, but that should be the last thing done overall, IMO.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Since we can talk about anything here, wouldn't it be nice if Nintendo took a book from Sega and released a compilation of their games like Sega did with the Sonic and Sega Mega Collection.

You could do Mario 1-3, World, Land, Land 2, Mario Golf, Donkey Kong 1-3, Donkey Kong Country 1-3, Earthbound 1-2, F-Zero, Star Fox, Duck Hunt, Metroid, Legend of Zelda, Adventures of Link, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Yoshi's Cookie, Mario Bros, Excite Bike, etc.

It would be nice. Perhaps have NES, SNES, and Gameboy games in Color in one game.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I finished watching Attack on Titan about two weeks ago in one day...

****ing amazing. Can't help but feel the author is clearly trying to trigger an emotional response to his readers/viewers and it's working. I can only speak for myself though.
Read the manga if you haven't already. It'll answer your questions.

Well, not ALL of them.
"Where the hell are her feet!?"
I want to know who thought it was a good idea to have Rob Liefield do the Awakening models.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
Since we can talk about anything here, wouldn't it be nice if Nintendo took a book from Sega and released a compilation of their games like Sega did with the Sonic and Sega Mega Collection.

You could do Mario 1-3, World, Land, Land 2, Mario Golf, Donkey Kong 1-3, Donkey Kong Country 1-3, Earthbound 1-2, F-Zero, Star Fox, Duck Hunt, Metroid, Legend of Zelda, Adventures of Link, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Yoshi's Cookie, Mario Bros, Excite Bike, etc.

It would be nice. Perhaps have NES, SNES, and Gameboy games in Color in one game.
Oh you mean eShop!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I saw Frozen, and while I did like a lot of things about it, I don't think it was better than Tangled

and I found the character of Olaf irritating and useless to the story

Edit: And GIF avatars are gone...

Shroob

Sup?
I saw Frozen, and while I did like a lot of things about it, I don't think it was better than Tangled

and I found the character of Olaf irritating and useless to the story

Edit: And GIF avatars are gone...
Let it go was one of the few Disney songs in recent times I've liked. Not to sound like a Nostalgiafag, but it's been a loooooooong time since a Disney movie has had me humming along.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Let it go was one of the few Disney songs in recent times I've liked. Not to sound like a Nostalgia***, but it's been a loooooooong time since a Disney movie has had me humming along.
Another good musical number recently

Though Let it go was wonderful, for a completely different reason than the above

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I just need to see the movie again with a different perspective. I kind of went into it with unrealistic expectations with all the hype people and reviews were giving it

And while "I've got a dream" got stuck in my head after watched Tangled, NOTHING has been stuck in my head like "Let it go"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom