• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I wished that Sony would make a second PlayStation All Stars. I feel like if they put in more effort, then Smash would finally have some good competition. Even more so with the roster, so many series could have had more than just one character. And have it so that you get KOs by ring-out or using an actual Health Gauge. But yeah, Smash as of now still curb stomps PlayStation All Stars. Both Melee and Brawl.

But the actual fighting was good. Not entirely sure if I would say its better than Smash. Sometimes simplicity can be a benefit.
That game was just flat-out bad, even Smash 64 was loads better than it. It felt like they tried to be unique and different, but the things they tried to implicate seem to contradict each other. Some characters have massive combos and some don't. That's perfectly fine in other games (if the non-combo characters are given compensation), but in this game it usually lead to touch-o-death combos. Characters like Dante and Raiden could hit you once and lead into instant death, while others had worthless level 1 supers nor any moves to lead into them. On that subject, the fact that you could destroy your opponent in every way and build much higher meter, yet still get defeated because their character has superior supers is ridiculous. Supers should NOT have been the only way to kill people, for some of them were far too limiting.

I even made a list of all the things that could be done to fix it, from general mechanic changes to the cast.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
can we just get Super Smash Kart already? goddamn kirby has me wanting that now.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just want Kirby Air Ride 2....

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I want that Nintendo/SEGA crossover racing game that SUMO Digital was talking about for a while.

AND I DON'T MEAN ONLY MARIO MIXED WITH ONLY SONIC.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
can we just get Super Smash Kart already? goddamn kirby has me wanting that now.
Finally Captain Falcon can be in a racing game again. Mario racing in a kart, Fox in a Arwing, Little Mac riding his bike, Samus in her ship, and Link on Epona. You don't know how happy I would be to see this. Also, did anyone play Mega Man Battle and Chase? Another Mega Man racing game would be cool too.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Is it really that good? I'm only going by what I've heard from friends on Facebook.
It's a good game, no doubt. You may not be sucked into it like my siblings have been, but it's an engaging and fun experience, online and off.
but it's a bit crude

and by a bit i mean it is very crude

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
I would flip my **** if Captain Falcon was an unlockable racer in Mario Kart 8, same with Kirby.
Kirby AirRide 2 is my most anticipated game next to the new Smash Games, even if it has little chance of ever happening.
Checker Knights theme was in Brawl. It was awesome. Smash needs more Kirby AirRide music, its all SO GOOD. I mean if the rumor holds any ground, we should be hearing alot of it :). We will at least be getting the theme song (It was in the Rosalina reveal trailer)
Also Ed, Edd n Eddy > all other cartoons.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
excite bike, mach rider, captain falcon, that n**** who stole little mac's bike.... i think it was Toise, mutha****in kirby...

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
my whole post was really just a jab at @ToiseOfChoice, excite bike and mach rider were really just listed to fill in space for my comment.
but he hasn't been seen since October! so, eh...

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So what kind of genre would you like to see more of in movies and TV? Personally, I would like to see westerns make a bit of a comeback. But I get that they sort of did, with the new Lone Ranger and all. But when was the last western TV show? Even if it's a cartoon.
Dragons. Or anything Fantasy genre related really. And I dun mean Sci-Fi, I mean Fantasy as in Dragon Heart, Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of the Rings, ect...

Never played a Fire Emblem game yet. What was so bad about the story and characters of Awakening? I'm thinking of getting the Gamecube Fire Emblem game soon-ish.
The story is separated into 3 arcs, basically, and they just don't jumble well together and the entirety of the 2 arc feels like it is nothing but filler. Although I do love the characters in the game, especially one pink haired dancer who is my main waifu.

I'm not sure if I would say it has the best gameplay, but it is a lot smoother then previous entries, which is to be expected. Baut the Pair Up feature is really unbalance and is, imo, the reason the toughness between Hard and Lunatic are so extreme.

The map designs are also uninspired for the most part with most of them being giant maps with not that much detail and just so expansive it makes strategy seem so trivial.

But I should also note I am a FE fanatic so I go by a different standard. If you are looking to get into the series you can get in with any of them really. Though you might not want to start with Shadow Dragon, which ironically is the FE game I started with.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Haven't you seen "Defend It"

PSASBR is a MUCH deeper fighting game than Smash
I have two complaints for that show, (and I have seen the other episodes).

One, it puts more attention to being funny rather then the arguments.

Two, 3 arguments a piece doesn't prove anything on both sides. A debate should be using all you got.

I just want Kirby Air Ride 2....
As long as an improved City Trial and Jet star return.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I would like a Fire Emblem kart racer where the horses have go-kart physics. Horse drifting ftw! :troll:

special guest star Link

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Here's what the new American Godzilla looks like

Looks close to Godzilla but he's kinda pudgy. probably because he's from America. You know, Obesity and all

Edit: LOL Look at this quote

According to Shogo Tomiyama, Godzilla's most dangerous adversary is Pikachu and that hopefully, "Godzilla's new film will finally win the hearts of children back from his most dangerous adversary ever: Pokémon"

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
He's not fat, he's big boned.

lol @ Pikachu being his most dangerous adversary.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Owww they killed my "Ask Sakurai anything" topic. Too bad I was having fun with it, and I bet some of you were too.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Isn't fighting Pikachu for the hearts of children more Gamera's territory than Godzilla's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom