• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
never read that. Or knew it existed. I think i've seen the artist's work on DA though.
He was also a head artist in a game that was conceptualized on Kickstarter but never got the funding

It would have had the license for Godzilla, as well as other Kaiju such as king kong and Stay puffed man

It had the license for Godzilla and was trying to aquire the license for the others.

Some of the creators for it worked on the Godzilla fighting game which is WHY they had the license

D

Deleted member

Yeah, this Zilla is pretty cool.
It has the design of the 1998 movie creature, the toughness of animated series "Zilla Jr." as well as his tenaciousness (but not the atomic breath), and the speed of the Final Wars creature.

EDIT: Much more worthy of respect now.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What about the one from the Godzilla: Rulers of Earth comics that puts up an actually decent fight with Godzilla and later becomes an Earth Defender with the Big G and his crew?
Wow. That art is just downright sick! Godzilla really looks beastly. I heard Godzilla fights a mech that's kind of like Ultraman. Is that really true? Also, we need a new Godzilla video game. I remember the fighting games on the PS2 that were around. But I never got to play them. Were they any good?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow. That art is just downright sick! Godzilla really looks beastly. I heard Godzilla fights a mech that's kind of like Ultraman. Is that really true? Also, we need a new Godzilla video game. I remember the fighting games on the PS2 that were around. But I never got to play them. Were they any good?
LOL, you mean Jet Jaguar?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The censorship as it is doesn't have any affect on the actual plot of the game and doesn't impact the enjoyment of the game in the slightest. Costumes don't have any impact on those types of things.
...People play games for the plot? :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Uh I guess so. I'm not too good with the names of mechs and giant robots. Other than some of the classics like Ultraman and most of the Transformers.
Only if "plot" is greek for ultra high definition graphics.
Or HD 16 year old scantly clad girls in this case

(Actually the game is Low Definition)

D

Deleted member

Jet Jaguar is a robot that's like Ultraman, yes.

As for the fighting games, there were three major ones that are in a trilogy:
Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee
Godzilla Save the Earth
Godzilla Unleashed

Of the three, I can only evaluate DAMM and Unleashed.
Of the two....DAMM is much better. Unleashed has more content (more so the Wii version; the PS2 version is from what I've heard just an updated Save the Earth), but it's glitchy, has poor controls, sluggish, and frustrating.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Jet Jaguar is a robot that's like Ultraman, yes.

As for the fighting games, there were three major ones that are in a trilogy:
Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee
Godzilla Save the Earth
Godzilla Unleashed

Of the three, I can only evaluate DAMM and Unleashed.
Of the two....DAMM is much better. Unleashed has more content (more so the Wii version; the PS2 version is from what I've heard just an updated Save the Earth), but it's glitchy, has poor controls, sluggish, and frustrating.
Ah, ok. Well, sucks to hear that Unleashed was sub-par in the gameplay department. But I do remember one of the games being really popular. So I guess that was Destroy All Mosters Melee. And I'll have to remember the name Jet Jaguar. Thanks.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm still disappointed none of the games had Hedorah

BUT Unleased did have Biollante

D

Deleted member

Yeah, one thing Unleashed did right was the monsters (aside from the two originals, but I'll let them slide, especially Krystalak).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gamera, Zilla, and King Kong were originally planned for Unleased but they couldn't get the license for Gamera and King Kong.

Zilla was cut due to lack of popularity

Would have been a no doubt buyer with Gamera and King Kong

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
He was also a head artist in a game that was conceptualized on Kickstarter but never got the funding

It would have had the license for Godzilla, as well as other Kaiju such as king kong and Stay puffed man

It had the license for Godzilla and was trying to aquire the license for the others.

Some of the creators for it worked on the Godzilla fighting game which is WHY they had the license
Kaiju Combat? That game has funding but is only using original monsters now.

Zilla was cut due to lack of popularity
Should've put him in anyway. The character would've been a good punching bag.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kaiju Combat? That game has funding but is only using original monsters now.

Should've put him in anyway. The character would've be a good punching bag.
Oh really?

Originally it had non-original monsters as well as some original

D

Deleted member

Somehow I doubt Gamera is accurate; the developers followed a strict "Godzilla monsters only" code in which they would only consider monsters that were in Godzilla films (none of Toho's other films, so no Mothra Leo, Orochi, etc.). Gamera, not even being one of Toho's monsters let alone one in a Godzilla film doesn't seem believable.

I think one exception was the idea of Mechani-Kong if King Kong couldn't be used (in the same interview they gave about King Kong) but Toho told them that while Mechani-Kong is their creation, it's likeness to King Kong (given that it's a robot double) would cause issue with Universal.

EDIT: Kaiju Combat?
That game has Red and Solomon from the Godzilla NES Creepypasta.
Epic.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was pay the amount for the game when it was on kickstarter to have one of my monsters in the game, but a fellow artist told me it would be a bad idea because i would loose the right to use my creation in my own work

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I was pay the amount for the game when it was on kickstarter to have one of my monsters in the game, but a fellow artist told me it would be a bad idea because i would loose the right to use my creation in my own work
Out of curiosity, how much was the cost and can I see the monster in question?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Since we're talking about American adaptations of Japanese franchises, we have this:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I remember in High school hearing that a Dragon Ball movie was being made and being slightly excited for it.

There was nothing on it for 6 years later so I figured it was dead.

Kind wish it had been

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oi oi...

You want to say something about Obsidius?
I don't like either of them

I think Obsidius looks better though

But they are both clones.

It would have been better if they added Hedorah

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

And that's about all I have to say about this Godzilla discussion. =D

Well, that and the obvious and obligatory:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I remember people would say stuff like this to argue that he's not really a Godzilla monster and let me tell you the only thing unreal here is how dumb you are.
I see this is a personal matter for you. You got some history behind this.

Maybe you want to talk about it?

or maybe you should like a real Godzilla monster

D

Deleted member

Oi oi...

You want to say something about Obsidius?
Didn't say anything negative.
I mean, I'm not too fond of Obsidius and Krystalak in the long run, but I have no real problems with them. Less so with Krystalak since I feel Toho might include it in a movie when they go out of hiatus, considering they have an official trademark icon for it.

Obsidius on the other hand....not the one I voted for (voted for The Visitor, ironically not Fire Lion :p), and not the name I voted for (voted for "Volcanus").
Though I love the concept of a living volcano.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I remember people would say stuff like this to argue that he's not really a Godzilla monster and let me tell you the only thing unreal here is how dumb you are.
In all seriousness I don't think it matters if Gabara is canon or not, seeing as Godzilla doesn't have a stable canon to begin with

It just keeps reimagining itself

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My favorites, in order:

1) Destroyah

2) Biollante

3) Hedorah

Good Guys:

1) Godzilla

2) MOGUERA

3) King Caesar

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
In all seriousness I don't think it matters if Gabara is canon or not, seeing as Godzilla doesn't have a stable canon to begin with

It just keeps reimagining itself
Yeah, I was ready for an argument. Was gonna be like "If Gabara ever appeared in the films again, he'd likely get a completely new backstory to him. Depending on which era you're looking at, Ghidorah is either a space monster, time mutant, or freaking Earth spirit guardian thing. Whether or not Gabara is actually REAL in the film he appears in, he's still just as much a monster as any other in the series. Think of them as actors on their own."

Though I think you could still make something cool and keep with Gabara's schtick of being related to the mind and what not. Ancient demon, possesses some kid, uses him to get strong enough to enter the REAL WORLD and... fight a giant lizard for some reason. That's about as good as those films get anyhow.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
January 21st is the 15 year anniversary of Smash Bros 64's release.

On the scale of 'party ball screenshot' to 'Smash Bros Nintendo Direct,' what should we be expecting?
You already know the character I'm waiting for to be revealed, and the 2 characters I want more info on, so I'm gonna skip that part.

All I can imagine is either a release date, or show off FD and Master Hand in HD! After all, it ain't Smash Bros without an FD stage or Master Hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom