• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The only thing that bothers me about Kirby's multiplayer is that they limit the powers. I get that stuff like Crash wouldn't work, it'd be over powered. But why can't we just use Fire and Ice in Verses mode. Can't be the range advantage, we can use Cutter, Bomb, and Beam. I really wanted to wreck house with Fire Kirby.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I didn't realize that the Shiver Star Factory was a Kirby Fighters stage.

And Air Ride item boxes, too? I have GOT to get this game come January. This and the Dedede rhythm minigame.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
The only thing that bothers me about Kirby's multiplayer is that they limit the powers. I get that stuff like Crash wouldn't work, it'd be over powered. But why can't we just use Fire and Ice in Verses mode. Can't be the range advantage, we can use Cutter, Bomb, and Beam. I really wanted to wreck house with Fire Kirby.
I'm guessing they randomly choose the popular powers or just randomly choose them.

Hope its online not just local, can't wait to wreck people with sword and ninja.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As I've gotten older, I've come to like Christmas less and Halloween more. For me Halloween is about a month and a half long celebration and I like it more than Christmas for a couple of reasons:

1. You're not forced to spend a ton of money.
2. You're not forced to spend time with family members you can't stand to be around.
3. People don't force you to be "in the spirit."
4. Halloween bonfires>>>>>> Christmas parties
5. Haunted houses are insanely fun to work at.
6. Halloween movie marathons >>>>>>>> Christmas movie marathons
7. I'm half ******** for anything apple or pumpkin, especially anything made with fresh apples.
8. People actually think that there's a "war on Christmas"while nobody of any real importance has claimed "Halloween is evil" since the 80's.
9. Fall >>>>>>> Winter
10. Halloween stores>>>>>>> Christmas stores

Anyways, we might not even get an update tonight with how jacked up Miiverse is right now.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Are the ten abilities on the main page the abilities that are used in multiplayer?

I believe so.

I'm guessing they randomly choose the popular powers or just randomly choose them.

Hope its online not just local, can't wait to wreck people with sword and ninja.
I guess. But Fire Kirby is a popular form as far as I know. And it has enough moves to use for multiplayer. Eh, who knows why it wasn't added. Maybe they'll add some more powers through patches.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
As I've gotten older, I've come to like Christmas less and Halloween more. For me Halloween is about a month and a half long celebration and I like it more than Christmas for a couple of reasons:
I don't like any holidays except for thanksgiving.

All the others ones bore me or i'm indifferent towards.

I expect to be flamed, but i'm just putting it out there cause i dunno.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I didn't realize that the Shiver Star Factory was a Kirby Fighters stage.

And Air Ride item boxes, too? I have GOT to get this game come January. This and the Dedede rhythm minigame.
Something that interested me is in the overview trailer the Dark Dimension from KRtDL is an arena in Kirby Fighters, which reinforces my belief that Triple Deluxe is using the same engine as RtD.

Overall Triple Deluxe looks amazing. Amazing to think the 3DS may end up having the best Zelda and Kirby titles produced in a long time.

D

Deleted member

1. You're not forced to spend a ton of money.
2. You're not forced to spend time with family members you can't stand to be around.
3. People don't force you to be "in the spirit."
4. Halloween bonfires>>>>>> Christmas parties
5. Haunted houses are insanely fun to work at.
6. Halloween movie marathons >>>>>>>> Christmas movie marathons
7. I'm half ******** for anything apple or pumpkin, especially anything made with fresh apples.
8. People actually think that there's a "war on Christmas"while nobody of any real importance has claimed "Halloween is evil" since the 80's.
9. Fall >>>>>>> Winter
10. Halloween stores>>>>>>> Christmas stores

Anyways, we might not even get an update tonight with how jacked up Miiverse is right now.
Christmas is one of the only holidays I do actively celebrate (along with Thanksgiving). Though to be fair, I live with my grandparents still, so that will probably change once I get out of my grandparents house.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
For Christmas I got:
-A Nook Color
-A Wallet
-A Watch
-Gray Hoodie
-3 pairs of pants
-$275
-$30 Barnes and Noble gift card

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Since all the cool kids are doing it, for Christmas I got:

-50 bucks in eShop points
-Super Mario 3D World
-A Link Between Worlds
-Wind Waker HD
-Dream Team
-3 stupidly huge bottles of wine
-Dr. Sleep by Stephen King
-new work gloves
-a buttload of dress shirts
-a battery powered, electric scarf (my mom always gets me something weird like this every year)

Another reason I don't really like Christmas as much as I did as a kid is because I almost always know the main gifts I'm getting and I prefer to give people stuff instead. I got my girlfriend a new laptop because hers' shot craps back in the summer and she actually cried when she opened it; easily my favorite moment from any Christmas in the past decade.

D

Deleted member

I've come to the point where I just buy my own stuff if I want something. The games that I got along with a Wii U, weren't intended as Christmas presents for me and really could have gotten these at any time. It's just that the time I got them was coincidental to just before Christmas. Still would have enjoyed Christmas even if I didn't get any games.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
WE GOT ZELDA!
Ha! Pokémon X/Y were the only exceptions. She looks... Twilight Princess-ish? Interesting that the Zelda characters seem to be sticking closely to a darker, realistic look.

Oh crap, Zelda has new moves!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Bahaha! I knew she would still be in her Twilight design! Now we just need Ganondorf before the Salesman can get revealed as a newcomer! :troll:

Also, dat comment about female characters. Oh Sakurai. :troll: No sign of Sheik though, everyone hide from Diddy.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Wow, you're right again Habanero! We were such fools to expect Zelda!

Oh wait.

D

Deleted member

What's with this?

First time I expected a character to get revealed that did get revealed next. At least there's some neat stuff going on.

And with that, the end of the year brings us to twenty characters. Too bad that Toon Link didn't get much of anything changed. Hopefully Ganondorf won't follow the same fate.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Also, DAT SPIRIT TRACKS ATTACK.
Guess Toon Zelda took a fairly big hit?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am so glad it wasn't Skyward Sword Zelda

Then again, it wasn't Skyward Sword Link

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
How in the world does Zelda get moveset alteration, but not Toon Link (at least as far as we know)? Is this new Spirit Knight summon a new special? Is it a down special? Has Sheik and Zelda finally been separated? Much of Zelda's animation and poses look different than Brawl.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
If the Spirit Knight summon is Zelda's Down-B, then yeah. I guess they did separate her and Sheik.

Oh yeah, I guess we can have Sheik haters come out of the closet now to speculate that she's gone. :rolleyes:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
How in the world does Zelda get moveset alteration, but not Toon Link (at least as far as we know)? Is this new Spirit Knight summon a new special? Is it a down special? Has Sheik and Zelda finally been separated? Much of Zelda's animation and poses look different than Brawl.
Its a spirit tracks darknut I believe, as for move i'd assume it's side b, but we'll see with further pictures.

It's gonna be fun speculating about this one.

D

Deleted member

I guess now we have the holy trinity of Nintendo princesses?

I wouldn't count on that...
It seems as Sakurai is changing movesets of what are normally low-tiered characters like Bowser and Zelda to make them better characters. Ganondorf is probably the worst character in Brawl, so perhaps Sakurai has made some changes to Ganondorf to make him a better characters.

I hope Sakurai goes for this over a new Zelda character. There's no reason why Ganondorf should be such a bad character as he was in Brawl.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
BYE SHEIK
Fwiw, Sheik was revealed many months after Zelda was revealed on the DOJO with Brawl. We have no idea what we fate is at this point.

The only thing I hope for at this point is this means Ganondorf will be altered. Please Sakurai.

It seems as Sakurai is changing movesets of what are normally low-tiered characters like Bowser and Zelda to make them better characters. Ganondorf is probably the worst character in Brawl, so perhaps Sakurai has made some changes to Ganondorf to make him a better characters.

I hope Sakurai goes for this over a new Zelda character.
Good point. He did mention as such when discussing Bowser.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

I love that pose.

Surprised we got another reveal so soon.

Also.

Looks like it is time for Peach and Zelda to swap games. Maybe with Zelda Mario can get more then a kiss on the cheek.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
changing my profile pic to my favorite pic so far, thanks sakurai-san.

D

Deleted member

If the Spirit Knight summon is Zelda's Down-B, then yeah. I guess they did separate her and Sheik.

Oh yeah, I guess we can have Sheik haters come out of the closet now to speculate that she's gone. :rolleyes:
If anything, it only concretes my stance that Sheik will be returning (and I was already more than confident in her return). Even if Zelda is her own character, having the Twilight Princess design doesn't exactly indicate that Sakurai is looking to replace Sheik with Impa anytime soon.

@Starphoenix: Sheik was the last character reveal before the game released and the full roster was confirmed.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well, I'm happy about Zelda's reveal, and not so happy about.....well...

This could be a pretty big hit for Toon Zelda, but theres still the possibility of Tetra being her transformation, or as her own character isntead of Toon Zelda.

Also, I highly doubt the Phantom is a new attack Zelda has. It's probably just an Assist Trophy. (I hope......) I also doubt this affects Sheik in any way.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
There are going to be so many Zelda/Phantom/Rosalina/Luma JoJo's Bizarre Adventure fan art by the time the morning is through.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
imma gonna start on my fan art real soon and post it on the most dirtiest of hentai sites ever and no one will know it was me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom