• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

DK: "Mommy, can I keep it? PLEASE?"

Anyway, great to see her back (with that surprise Phantom Armor move)
DK: YES! This expands dong!

Guys before you do some ridiculous speculating, PLEASE look a zelda at both of these shots.

So uh............. That guy you see at the top............ DEFINITELY Not her new down special.

Sakurai would be insane to replace the bext down-b in smash history :troll:

IF sheik WERE to get her own character slot, that would be nice :)
The Phantom Knight is possibly remote controlled so Zelda could be away at a further distance.

And look where Peach's right hand is.

D

Deleted member

Guys before you do some ridiculous speculating, PLEASE look a zelda at both of these shots.

So uh............. That guy you see at the top............ DEFINITELY Not her new down special.

"best" is hella subjective.

It's a very sloppy implement.

I think that second pic could be the start up frames of her attack, just cause you don't see the knight (yet), doesn't mean it's not her attack.

Also, it's a hell of a strange taunt imo, but who knows.

I actually would like to see how this move works (if it's an attack).

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Pretty sure that's one of her taunts, so that thing is an assist trophy then... Sneaky Sakurai.
Her down taunt does NOT make that angry face, I'd say its better just to wait until further confirmation.

I personally think its a side-b or down-b. Because why would sakurai show another AT right after an AT was confirmed.....yesterday? This ain't no brawl dojo, he's saving stuff up this time around and all the pics have been attacks.

And all AT's confirmed so far have been on the main picture of the day, that pic was not a main pic, I still think its a special until proven otherwise.

D

Deleted member

And all AT's confirmed so far have been on the main picture of the day, that pic was not a main pic, I still think its a special until proven otherwise.

I think this is key, why would Sakurai show off an AT for the first time on a collage of pictures used to showcase a character?

Circumstances point to the Knight being part of Zelda's moveset.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Doesn't make an angry face in Brawl.
But the characters are much more expressive in SSB4, so this could just be an update of her taunt.
Yeah, but why would she make that face?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't see why Toon Zelda and Zelda can be mixed into one character, but Toon Link and Link are split into 2

Shows me we don't need 2 Links

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I dunno. Why would Luigi make that one?
Because luigi is weird, he makes weird faces, that taunt is EXACTLY like brawl's.

Why would she make an Angry face on a waving taunt? If I recall she actually smirks a little when doing it.

The Peach X Link pic Is not Zelda's taunt animation. If anything, It could be her Jab.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Because luigi is weird, he makes weird faces, that taunt is EXACTLY like brawl's.

Why would she make an Angry face on a waving taunt? If I recall she actually smirks a little when doing it.

The Peach X Link pic Is not Zelda's taunt animation. If anything, It could be her Jab.
Ten bucks say she's not waving.
It looks like she's disconcerted and is pretty much trying to put a stop to whatever's happening, and ... not waving.

Though it's probably just an expressive pose right after shooting off some sort of Hylian princess fairy magic shenanigans.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Ten bucks say she's not waving.
It looks like she's disconcerted and is pretty much trying to put a stop to whatever's happening, and ... not waving.

Though it's probably just an expressive pose right after shooting off some sort of Hylian princess fairy magic shenanigans.
He's saying that's her down taunt, which is waving. That pic is not her taunt which is what my point was.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
It took much longer than I was expecting for someone to do that. :smirk:
Sorry I would have posted that the second you posted but I don't hang here often since all the veterans left and made their super secret official non-official backroom. :awesome: (those things should come with ribbons).

vicgur

Smash Ace
All I'm saying is that making an angry face doesn't completely debunks the possibility of it being a taunt.
I'm not even saying it's a taunt. Heck, it could be anything.

But one thing is for sure: She's doing the same pose in both the Phantom screenshot and the Link/Peach screenshot. It looks a little different because it's 2 different angles. The timing of both pictures is also different, so her left hand and arm are positioned in a slightly distinct way.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
the super secret official non-official backroom does not exist. quit spreading rumors. :troll:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If you look at some of the early Brawl screen shots, facial expressions (aside from when you got hit) were originally in the game but were later removed for whatever reason. It's good to see that they're back in full force for this game because it really adds another layer of depth to all the characters.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I can't get over how silky her gloves look, they're shinier than her metal armour! Also Rosalina confirmed for yuri shipping.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

If you looks at the hands you can see an obvious difference in pose. In the top pick she has he fingers curled while in the bottom she doesn't. Also the arms are much more bent in the top when compared to the bottom. Also it looks like she is leaning forward in the top pic whereas in the second pic she isn't. It's possible they are the same pose taken at different times, but I have my doubts about that.

Also remember Sakurai is most likely using special tools to take these pics and he could have easily left out Phantom on purpose for the bottom pic.

To soon to jump to conclusions regarding it imo.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Guys, guys...

The game is called Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for 3DS.

Super Smash Bros. For
Super Smash Bros. Four

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
If you look at some of the early Brawl screen shots, facial expressions (aside from when you got hit) were originally in the game but were later removed for whatever reason. It's good to see that they're back in full force for this game because it really adds another layer of depth to all the characters.
This makes me hopeful that we won't see Pit, Marth, and Ike's flappin' black keyframes for mouths again. Maybe at least for talking.

Looks as if though Rosalina just smacked dat ass with her wand.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
wow... really sakurai!? you truly are the master of trolls. leaving us with a zelda that might or might not have a phantom armor knight as a part of a moveset, post a screenshot of a stage we already know of, and you don't come back for a week and a half...

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I'm happy with the recent reveals and I'm glad Sakurai is taking a break. This means I get a break from refreshing the website and checking Miiverse every day.

Time to take my mind off of things :)

But I'll still be expecting these guys when I get back... :warioc: :yoshi2: :jigglypuff: :falco: :diddy: :dedede: :gw: :metaknight: :falcon: :popo: :ganondorf: :pt: :ness2: :zerosuitsamus:

And maybe a little of this: :fdb:

C'mon Sakurai...

LazerRage

Smash Cadet
NO SAKURAI NOOOO! I feel so left in the dust! Total **** move. I totally agree that he's been hard at work and deserves a rest just like anyone else, but man, just that's rough. Why did he screw the fans out of the last day of new pics before vacation? I mean almost all of the images so far had something noteworthy, even if it was still pretty minor like comparing heights of fighters. I repeat... SO LAME...leaving an empty battlefield for us to stare blankly at and wonder to ourselves why we are going to give them two games worth of money this time around? He couldn't have at least just shown the females all posing or something???

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ARRGhhhhg!!

Oh well, tough break -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom