• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
It seems as Sakurai is changing movesets of what are normally low-tiered characters like Bowser and Zelda to make them better characters. Ganondorf is probably the worst character in Brawl, so perhaps Sakurai has made some changes to Ganondorf to make him a better characters.

I hope Sakurai goes for this over a new Zelda character. There's no reason why Ganondorf should be such a bad character as he was in Brawl.
Perhaps you're right. If that's the case, would explain why he didn't really give Toon Link any notable changes, because TL was already pretty good as he was before. Annoyingly good at times.

I love that pose.
Hopefully we'll have more Zelda avatars then and a little less Rosalina avatars for awhile. :troll:

If anything, it only concretes my stance that Sheik will be returning (and I was already more than confident in her return). Even if Zelda is her own character, having the Twilight Princess design doesn't exactly indicate that Sakurai is looking to replace Sheik with Impa anytime soon.

@Starphoenix: Sheik was the last character reveal before the game released and the full roster was confirmed.
Gives me some hope then, not that we should rely on certain patterns. I don't care if Impa's included or not though; just don't want Sheik gone.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Hopefully we'll have more Zelda avatars then and a little less Rosalina avatars for awhile. :troll:
I still prefer Rosalina and Peach over Zelda. I've always had a thing for blondes... and redheads and noirettes and girls that dye their hair pink, aqua (one of the few times I like a bluish color), or purple. However I never cared for brunettes for some reason.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina > Zelda.

Happy she was finally confirmed. Though the reveal was pretty close to Rosalina though. Kind of odd.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I still prefer Rosalina and Peach over Zelda. I've always had a thing for blondes... and redheads and noirettes and girls that dye their hair pink, aqua (one of the few times I like a bluish color), or purple. However I never cared for brunettes for some reason.
She's blond in OoT and Melee.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I really have no problem with Zelda retaining her hair colour considering how many other blondes we have.

Could use that big green-haired chick tho, we're running dangerous low on green hair. :smirk:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You know, from judging from that picture of Peach admiring Marth, and now this new one with her stealing away Link...

I'm starting to wonder about that woman. :smirk:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
If only the mainstream Peach was badass like she is in the Nintendo Power comics.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
If anything, it only concretes my stance that Sheik will be returning (and I was already more than confident in her return). Even if Zelda is her own character, having the Twilight Princess design doesn't exactly indicate that Sakurai is looking to replace Sheik with Impa anytime soon.

@Starphoenix: Sheik was the last character reveal before the game released and the full roster was confirmed.
I don't really think having the TP look really matters much in the case of Impa considering he just took a move from Toon Zelda and gave it to regular Zelda and we all know Skyward Sword is a much closer art style to Twilight Princess than Spirit Tracks is. I get what you're saying about Sheik being designed off her TP model though.

Still, you can't deny that the Phantom possibly taking her down B poses a serious threat to Sheik's existence in Smash. This reveal does nothing but hurt her chances until we get a confirmation of it being anything other than her down B move.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well, I'm happy about Zelda's reveal, and not so happy about.....well...This could be a pretty big hit for Toon Zelda, but theres still the possibility of Tetra being her transformation, or as her own character isntead of Toon Zelda.
Uhm... how does a dead normal looking Phantom disconfirm Toon Zelda in any way? Especially since it doesn't even show the pink glowy eyes that she gives off when she possesses one. Not to mention that even if ST Zelda possessed one, it wouldn't really have any effect on Wind Waker Zelda as we know Sakurai views them as different People (with Wind Waker Link and Spirit Tracks Link being in both together in some form) I know people hate the idea of her becoming playable, but don't pull a Spirit Tracks Link, please.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Uhm... how does a dead normal looking Phantom disconfirm Toon Zelda in any way? Especially since it doesn't even show the pink glowy eyes that she gives off when she possesses one. Not to mention that even if ST Zelda possessed one, it wouldn't really have any effect on Wind Waker Zelda as we know Sakurai views them as different People (with Wind Waker Link and Spirit Tracks Link being in both together in some form) I know people hate the idea of her becoming playable, but don't pull a Spirit Tracks Link, please.
I already realized all of that much earlier actually, I posted my current thoughts on it in the Toon Zelda support thread earlier as well.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I really have no problem with Zelda retaining her hair colour considering how many other blondes we have.

Could use that big green-haired chick tho, we're running dangerous low on green hair. :smirk:

Long, green hair with the power of light. That'd seriously be a first for playable Smash characters as far as the hair color goes. Plus that'd add to the Super Bash Sisters roster.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Honestly if this were an AT I'd get why Sakurai would reveal it like this, being a troll and all, but personally I really don't think we'd get another new Zelda AT so close after Skull Kid, even with its ties to Zelda.

I'm betting it's part of the moveset.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I hope the Phantom is Zelda's new Down+B... :awesome:

I really, really want Zelda to be separate from Sheik... I main Zelda so I don't bother with Sheik.... and the Phantom would give Zelda something new to her gameplay.

I wouldn't mind Impa. :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hope the Phantom is Zelda's new Down+B... :awesome:

I really, really want Zelda to be separate from Sheik... I main Zelda so I don't bother with Sheik.... and the Phantom would give Zelda something new to her gameplay.

I wouldn't mind Impa. :troll:
The Impa people want was a one time character, and isn't even that latest Impa.

Seems random to me

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, to be fair, the Zelda who is playable in SSB4 is also an one time character and isn't even the latest Zelda... so random. :troll:

Shroob

Sup?
Idea.

Since, let's face it, Sheik is the main Zelda rep of OoT no matter how much they say she's "Based on her TP concept art".... Why not have OoT Impa?

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
Well, it's not like it's wondertombs or anything like that.

It's just different pokeballs, color, countries. Nothing that actually effects battles
They're still cheated Pokemon, though. One of the points of the poke bank was to stop all cheated/hacked Pokemon.

It doesn't surprise me that it failed. Nintendo is trying to combat hackers, which is like a squirrel standing up to a cat- a hopeless struggle.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Guys before you do some ridiculous speculating, PLEASE look a zelda at both of these shots.

So uh............. That guy you see at the top............ DEFINITELY Not her new down special.

Sakurai would be insane to replace the bext down-b in smash history :troll:

IF sheik WERE to get her own character slot, that would be nice :)

vicgur

Smash Ace
One more character reveal and we reach Brawl's initial roster.
If Sakurai keeps revealing characters at this rate [roughly once per month], we might have as many as 30 starting characters by the time the game launches[considering it might launch on Fall 2014].

Mathematically, the roster is looking pretty good.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
One more character reveal and we reach Brawl's initial roster.
If Sakurai keeps revealing characters at this rate [roughly once per month], we might have as many as 30 starting characters by the time the game launches[considering it might launch on Fall 2014].

Mathematically, the roster is looking pretty good.
We're already at 20. Was 21 the initial roster?

Also

KONO ZEL DA
I'm just gonna do you a favor and meld these two together.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Yes [excluding any 2-in-one characters, like Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS]

I should mention, though: Sonic and Mega Man could be unlockable characters, so maybe it's 3 characters instead of 1...
I don't exclude those, so I'm just gonna say 23 instead.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Don't forget that Luigi's probably unlockable again, as well.

vicgur

Smash Ace
If Sakurai is revealing characters the same way as he did in Brawl, none of the revealed characters are unlockable. He doesn't reveal secret characters before the game's launch, unless they're third party.
I think Luigi, Marth and Toon Link were revealed because this time they're part of the initial roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom