• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
You know what kind of update I want to see? A music update like back in the old DOJO. I guess that's impossible with the picture only format, but I want to see if Brawl's music is going to be as much of a runaway win as I already assume.

Seriously. Brawl's music was amazing.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
On Topic: What other characters have moves that no one really uses??
All I got is Jiggly's Sing
Jet Hammer seems like the kind of move that is rarely ever used by anyone.

Though, that's rather ironic coming from me after I've managed to get a couple of good K.O's with Jet Hammer in my battles with you, Poppy, James and Fastblade. Still, to me it seems like a rarely used move overall. I don't use it that often myself.

And Sing could seriously use a range buff, or perhaps a buff that makes it harder for players to wake back up after falling asleep thanks to this particular move.

As for the current topic-

To me, Zelda in Skyward Sword is probably the most expressive, and looks very innocent and fitting for the role of a princess. I just really like how Twilight Princess' version of Zelda looks, the dress, the hair, the eyes, they all look good to me.
I concur, Zelda's SS design was the most expressive and had a very fitting design for a princess. I still prefer TP's design for Zelda and I think her design fits the Smash scenario well, while she still looks like a princess, she also looks one who would be a a brave leader, and one who isn't afraid to get involved directly in a fight when need be. I'd be fine with either version in the next Smash, but I'd much prefer the TP version again. (I'd think her colors would be a bit brighter this time though, and a palette swap made to closly resemble the coloration of Skyward Sword

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
As for the current topic-

I concur, Zelda's SS design was the most expressive and had a very fitting design for a princess. I still prefer TP's design for Zelda and I think her design fits the Smash scenario well, while she still looks like a princess, she also looks one who would be a a brave leader, and one who isn't afraid to get involved directly in a fight when need be. I'd be fine with either version in the next Smash, but I'd much prefer the TP version again. (I'd think her colors would be a bit brighter this time though, and a palette swap made to closly resemble the coloration of Skyward Sword
Now take what you just said, and add some OoT detail.

GOLD.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If we actually do get a Baby Yoshi as an item, hopefully it is first shown AFTER Yoshi himself is revealed, so as to avoid Miiverse users going crazy and thinking Yoshi is disconfirmed.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If we actually do get a Baby Yoshi as an item, hopefully it is first shown AFTER Yoshi himself is revealed, so as to avoid Miiverse users going crazy and thinking Yoshi is disconfirmed.
Yeah we wouldn't want yet another Toon Link debacle now would we....? :rolleyes:

Then again, people wouldn't be this silly with a character like Yoshi would they? Oh wait... It's Miiverse...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah we wouldn't want yet another Toon Link debacle now would we....? :rolleyes:
There shouldn't have been one. Conductor Link is a different Link than the one in WW/PH. Both showing up makes sense. Toon Link was based upon his WW incarnation, and for that matter, there is no Toon Link in the Zelda series proper. It's just "Link". In reality, the one in Smash is yet another composite character that just shows off the Toon-like games and nothing more. Albeit, he was directly based upon his WW incarnation, using, of course, almost all his moves from that game. Downthrust is a notable exception; Since Minish Cap re-uses the Toon design, it also just happens to have the Downthrust. Upthrust(and obviously Triforce Slash) are the only extremely specific moves Toon Link couldn't use. Other random slashes and kicks are just "there" for the hell of it.

I do like how differently he played from Link in Brawl, including his B moves. I wouldn't mind more A move changes, but I like both Links using their most known moves for their Specials. Boomerang, Bomb, Bow, Spin Attack.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
There shouldn't have been one. Conductor Link is a different Link than the one in WW/PH. Both showing up makes sense. Toon Link was based upon his WW incarnation, and for that matter, there is no Toon Link in the Zelda series proper. It's just "Link". In reality, the one in Smash is yet another composite character that just shows off the Toon-like games and nothing more. .

Thank you for explaining what I've been trying to tell people for month's prior to Toon Link's reveal. :)

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
If it is indeed planed for Spring (I'm still tentative on believing that at the moment), I think that the high quality of updates we've been having should be here to stay, and might even ramp up soon. Assuming that he's going to show off basically everything the game that isn't unlock able like he did with Brawl.

Also it would be beyond fantastic for me personally since one of my main Smash Buddies moves away in the summer and I'd love to get the game with them on launch night as was the case with Brawl.

Although given how much of a perfectionist Sakurai is, I expect him to delay the game as much as Nintendo will allow him to. Which might not be much if at all given how the Wii U is doing.

Edit-Woops people were talking about the Spring release in the photo thread not this thread...

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Let's just hope it turns out better than the last American Godzilla.
The best Godzilla movie was the 1956 version.
Dude I am not kidding you that movie was 90 minutes of Godzilla just destroying stuff for no apparent reason. Then he left and went back into the ocean. And the graphics and stupid special effects in the movie made it all the more hilarious!
It was perfect!

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
TP Zelda has a Kristen Stewart face that I don't think she would be very expressive in Smash compared to other confirmed characters... that's one of the reasons why I would love to see SS Zelda in Smash... she is very expressive... very vivacious!!
Zelda has always had a cold-serious look. I remember in Melee how she stood out to me because of the way she looked. I too would love to see her in her SS incarnation. She looks really young though. My guess is that Zelda in Smash 4 will look like a combination of TP and SS.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Whatever man. I thought it was one of the better Jurassic Park movies.
Being against Nostalgia Critic I like Jurassic Park 2 the best. Also the next Jurassic Park is coming out next year too... I think.

And I would like to share this video for all Attack on Titan fans out there

WARNING! video might cause ear cancer

Malion

Smash Ace
I just thought of something... whenever I play smash with noobs they can't figure out how to jump... which makes me laugh and then I explain, up, x or y to jump (what you're just now explaining the controls?) but it just got me thinking... up, x or y... am I the only one who just uses X? Up is used accidentally on occasion but not too often. y is never touched... makes me wonder what it would be like to make that another attack button. Like in street fighter you have weak, mid and strong attacks... maybe it would over-complicate things and not work on the wiimote but it's something to think about.
I feel sorry for the Y button... so unloved.

who here uses the Y button?

Morbi

Scavenger
I just thought of something... whenever I play smash with noobs they can't figure out how to jump... which makes me laugh and then I explain, up, x or y to jump (what you're just now explaining the controls?) but it just got me thinking... up, x or y... am I the only one who just uses X? Up is used accidentally on occasion but not too often. y is never touched... makes me wonder what it would be like to make that another attack button. Like in street fighter you have weak, mid and strong attacks... maybe it would over-complicate things and not work on the wiimote but it's something to think about.

I used Y, I just got my Gamecube controller out to see what my muscle memory would do. Sadly, I am trying to learn Smash on a Wii Pro controller (not recommended).

Kamikazek

Smash Lord

I use Y. I don't think I've ever even touched the X button. Most of my friends use Y too, except one guy who uses up which we tease him for. :p
They could easily make either button an attack and just let you change configurations if you prefer having your jump button on a certain spot on the controller. Don't know how that would work out for the wii mote though. Not sure if I'd want another attack button either. And light->mid->strong is basically jab->tilt->smash.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Someone brought this up elsewhere, but would anyone like to see Miyamoto's new IP represented in Smash 4? Sure, it hasn't been revealed but it'd be a cool way to promote and introduce the series. Roy has been the only character so far to have had this treatment, so, there is a very small glimmer of hope that it could happen again.

D

Deleted member

....I think we know who the next 3rd Party is judging by the earlier discussion.

(Note: NOT official design)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Someone brought this up elsewhere, but would anyone like to see Miyamoto's new IP represented in Smash 4? Sure, it hasn't been revealed but it'd be a cool way to promote and introduce the series. Roy has been the only character so far to have had this treatment, so, there is a very small glimmer of hope that it could happen again.
I doubt that the game would be represented. I mean Pikmin and Smash bros Melee was released around the same time and Pikmin wasn't hinted at in the slightest.

I'm not sure Sakurai is in on top secret Nintendo stuff, I mean the dude didn't even know he was going to work on Brawl until it was announced at E3 if i remember correctly.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nah, Godzilla is too small. :p

Yeah, but Roy wouldn't have happened if Sakurai weren't looking for easy clones.

My guess is AT at best, and possibly character next time, if Nintendo actually decides to promote this game enough to make it a series.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I don't find that trailer to be all that exciting.

He better fight another monster.
Kind of agree about the trailer, but eh, save all the Godzilla and other monster shots to blow us away in the theater. A few shots of the havoc Godzilla caused is enough to get people hyped. The short of some guys freefalling with Godzilla's spikes in the background was epic too.

Too many trailers for movies usually seem to either show like a best part of the film (thus making said part not leave as much an impact on the viewer when they actually see the movie) or just show too much of the movie, making it almost feel as though you've already seen the whole thing before it's out. Glad the Godzilla trailer didn't seem to do either of those.

Being against Nostalgia Critic I like Jurassic Park 2 the best. Also the next Jurassic Park is coming out next year too... I think.
Jurassic World I believe they call the 4th one now? Yep, next year will be year of the dino. 2014 should be a good time to confirm or deconfirm a certain over-speculated pterodactyl for Smash 4.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I starting to think about the repercussions of my childhood dream of having Pokemon actually exist in the real world...
Lord knows what will happen if one feral Garchomp managed to roam the streets of any city.
Draco Meteoring the **** out of Walmat.

Moves like Earthquake would be banned, because that's essentially a natural disaster at will...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom